• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've been taking a break from anime in general. I've just been keeping up with One Piece, which is getting really good now, despite naruto it being in an arc I'm not particularly fond of, catching up with Naruto, because it was my first, and apparently it's all flashbacks, so boring, and still gotta catch up with Vanguard. Uhh, gotta watch a newish anime or something. :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    My laptop is still dead so my forced animu banishment is still on, looks like it's repair will be running over into the start of next season unfortunately.

I think of that lot I'm only watching Denpa....which is not amazing by Shinbo@Shaft's high standards, well or is Maria Holic Alive so I guess it's a bit of a bad season for them.

In other news I finally realised I can use paypal on my account so lots of Amazon shopping when my lappy gets home.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I remember when my computer died on me for like, 2 weeks or something. It's back when I first started re-watching One Piece. Luckily Mum has a laptop, which I pretty much used to at least catch up to the Grand Line.

Years
    Summer 2011 preview aka WHY ISN'T ANIME GOOD ANYMORE?

With the monstrously huge Spring 2011 season coming to a close, the Summer season of anime, notorious for being lackluster, is upon us. Below is a chart previewing the new shows that will be airing.

Spoiler:

With shows like Yuru Yuri, Mayo Chiki!, R-15, Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, and Manyuu Hikenchou, I am absolutely certain that anime will remain a legitimate form of entertainment that more should enjoy.

In any case, care to share your thoughts on the season? Going to be watching any of these shows? Etc. Etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    In a sense, the degree of originality in anime nowadays is becoming frighteningly calamitous (I cannot think of a less describing word, really). This year, I had to settle with watching relatively old anime, re-watching masterpiece exceptions during a highly unimpressive decade or so, or reading manga. Every season, I'd have a list set up for the anime I'm anticipating, trusting the synopsis and respective trailers. However, most failed to deliver throughout a disappointing run, even though the pilot episodes had shown a hint of promise.

This Summer collection of generic and 'de ja vue' anime is the same. I can say I'm anticipating a handful of those listed such as Blood-C, Baka To Test 2, and maybe Dantalian no Shoka, but I don't bet against having my expectations crushed the minute I double-click on the MKV video of the anime I just listed (in a way).

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I remember a time when the J-E discussion thread was made for upcoming anime discussion. [see first post of J-E Discussion]

digi will hereby merge this thread with the J-E Discussion

Continuing on, digi will now post his watch shows
    Everything until it gets dropped

digi will now post his anticipated shows:
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    Kami-sama no Memo-chou (watch Dr. Pepper boom among American otaku after the first or second episode of this)
    Usagi Drop
    iM@S (probably gonna be comedy, and now they can actually get away with no male producer with Ritsuko in the role now)
    Baka to Test
    Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
    Mawaru Penguin Drum
    Dantalian no Shoka

Must say though, I'm really looking forward to Fall.
    supercell the anime Guilty Crown
    Gundam Age
    Fate/zero
    Mirai Nikki
    Bakuman 2nd Season
    Shana III
    Persona 4

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It's all about Usagi Drop, Blood-C, Kami-sama no Memo-chou and of course Penguindrum next season, I'm bound to watch more than that but they're the ones I'm most hyped for.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm keeping an eye on some of the high school setting series as long as they don't turn into some type of demon/zombie/vampire/spirit -hunting series or get too fanservice-heavy.

I'm not going to commit to anything till I see what others have to say, though.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Try Anohana.

Speaking of which... I don't know why but.. I cried! MENMA...! The cornyness of it all, happy, then sad, then happy again. CRAAAAP. MENMAAAA! T________T

I started crying when the ending song started playing. it was like my tears just suddenly burst up. ;_;

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm debating on whether or not I should finish that or not. I hear it's forced drama lulz.

Also, lol [C]
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Finished up Kamen Rider Kiva, and it was pretty good. The ending bored me a bit, but it was still pretty interesting. Which should I watch next? Hibiki, Kabuto or W?

I'm debating on what I should watch first, C, Ano Hi Mita, Hoshizora or Ore-tachi. Anyone have any suggestions?

And last but not least, Durarara!! is airing today on Adult Swim. Anyone have any comments about it?

/._.

Years
    @Char: I'd say none of the three Spring shows you've mentioned are worth it, but I have a personal vendetta against AnoHana and was disappointed at [C] since it didn't live up to my expectations. You'll probably enjoy the former. As for Durarara!!, it took a bit of time to start getting interesting but became a very fun show to watch. Oh hey, I just realized I switched to a Durarara!! avatar just now.

@jpp8: I told you. Mikuni is Paul Krugman and Kimimaro is Paul Ryan. This show is that deep.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    @Char: I'd say none of the three Spring shows you've mentioned are worth it, but I have a personal vendetta against AnoHana and was disappointed at [C] since it didn't live up to my expectations. You'll probably enjoy the former. As for Durarara!!, it took a bit of time to start getting interesting but became a very fun show to watch. Oh hey, I just realized I switched to a Durarara!! avatar just now.
    Ah, I see, thanks for the info. I think I might just give them a shot seeing as I don't have any other anime to watch the moment. And as for Durarara!!, I've seen it, but I'm just wondering how it'll be in English dub. I'm hoping for the best, but a part of me is saying that they'll f up the voices. ;;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Caught the second half of Durarara on Adult Swim last night after getting home late... the dub is okay, nothing special but nothing horrible either.

And no, it's not in my usual genres of series to watch, but with so few series being broadcast on TV nowadays, sometimes an otaku has to watch what an otaku has to watch, lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Caught the second half of Durarara on Adult Swim last night after getting home late... the dub is okay, nothing special but nothing horrible either.

And no, it's not in my usual genres of series to watch, but with so few series being broadcast on TV nowadays, sometimes an otaku has to watch what an otaku has to watch, lol
    Well said my friend. Aren't there any channels that specifically air Japanese shows or something? I remember having one a few years back on free preview or something but I can't remember the name of it. And if I do recall it had some anime on it, not a whole lot, but some that don't come on other channels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back