• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Questions [Now Also the Anime Recommendation] Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    You can try J-Pop Stop, though I'm not too sure about all recent releases, the top 30 weekly items in singles and albums are posted on the front page.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I'm a fan of the Boys Be... series and I was wondering if the new one Boys Be...Next Season come out yet in any form. (RAW, Scanlation, etc.) I'm not asking for a link or anything, I'm just asking if it's here at all.

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
  • I have a question regarding episode 11 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. From about 10:00 to 12:00, what is the soundtrack that's played in the background? I have searched through various OST videos and haven't been able to find a familiar sound. Thanks in advance.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I have a question regarding episode 11 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. From about 10:00 to 12:00, what is the soundtrack that's played in the background? I have searched through various OST videos and haven't been able to find a familiar sound. Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to the scene where
    Spoiler:
    or the scene before that? Interestingly, if it's the former, than I can't find a match in any of my OSTs either, weird. It may be laced in with another track though, so I'll sort through the OST when I have time.

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
  • Are you referring to the scene where
    Spoiler:
    or the scene before that? Interestingly, if it's the former, than I can't find a match in any of my OSTs either, weird. It may be laced in with another track though, so I'll sort through the OST when I have time.
    Unfortunately, I was indeed referring to the scene in the quote. It's rather frustrating because that tune is probably my second favorite in the show after the OP. Thank you for your help, anyhow.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Hey guys, I was just wondering in Zoids Genesis when they have a map of the world, Ron refers to it as just a continent and it's probably true since no one has been out to sea in the series. So anyway were Digald planning to conquer other continents is well?

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Heya. I was listening to music on youtube, when I found this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ox6HHLTykU
    I found out that it is from Rurouni Kenshin, but I don´t know if it´s from the Anime, or from a movie. I really want to know that, because it looks just epic.

And another thing; Can someone suggest a good Anime movie?^^

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    It's from the after series of Rurouni Kenshin, known as Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. It goes into depth about Kenshin's past, hence he doesn't have his X scar yet.

For the movie recommendations, there are always the Miyazaki films, Makoto Shinkai films, Summer Wars, and the Kara no Kyoukai film series

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Is Code Geass LotR R2 the sequel to the original? and (for the people who have seen all of Geass)
    Spoiler:

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Is Code Geass LotR R2 the sequel to the original? and (for the people who have seen all of Geass)
    Spoiler:
    Yes. Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 is the sequel to the original series of Code Geass. I can't answer that second question for you though. I have yet to watch the series.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    oh god, stop bringing up bad memories of the girl that memorized the colors of Kyon's speedo in each episode please ><

on a more serious note: i'd have to get back to that since i didn't actually watch through each episode straight through after the first 1 or 2 eps

Hantsuki

Years
  • Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Oh I see, I see. Wataru = Lance.
    It sounds like I want you is the japanese to english translation of the famous line from the game "Be my desire!" Ieroo is definitely Yellow because I actually remember that word. xD

See the original line, "Be my desire!" is supposed to be a joke about how Schezo seems to have a difficulty speaking the language. He's not actually actually after the person in question. More like some sort of power they have.

Thanks! I'm going to be editing the original image to have the English version soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Since we are supposed to put Anime recommendations in this thread now:
    I'm going on a trip soon and I need some good Anime that I can download so I can watch while on the plane.

So far I have:
    Rosario+Vampire
    Rosario+VampireCapu2
    Ichigo 100%

I would like an Anime similar to those but any good recommendations will be good. Preferably a short series (12-13 episodes :3).

You can check my MAL (The red heart) to see what I have watched. Thanks!

Hantsuki

Years
  • Since we are supposed to put Anime recommendations in this thread now:
    I'm going on a trip soon and I need some good Anime that I can download so I can watch while on the plane.

So far I have:
    Rosario+Vampire
    Rosario+VampireCapu2
    Ichigo 100%

I would like an Anime similar to those but any good recommendations will be good. Preferably a short series (12-13 episodes :3).

You can check my MAL (The red heart) to see what I have watched. Thanks!
    Since you didn't define "good," I'll recommend anime that I gave at least a 7 on my anime list.

It looks like you like harems, so I recommend Love Hina to you. It's 24 episodes, but if you enjoy it, there's a 3 episode sequel, and 3 side stories (which I felt were better than the actual series). If you enjoy watching Rosario + Vampire, then you might want to check out Karin (24 episodes). They both have a not-so-serious atmosphere and deal with awkward romance between female monster(s)/male human.

You might get tired of harems after this, so I'll recommend a fun reverse harem: Ouran High School Host Club. It's pretty fast-paced even though there's 26 episodes. I found this surprisingly enjoyable maybe because the female wasn't another damsel-in-distress trying to get a guy. Fruits Basket (26 episodes) is another reverse harem. You either like the main girl or you don't, so if you don't like girls who always stay strong no matter what little pickle they get themselves into, you may not like her.

Now all I have been giving you are 20+ episode anime, so I'll try to give you some series with shorter episodes. Try Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (aka Hantsuki). It's an under-appreciated bittersweet love story told in 6 episodes, but worth the watch. If you want to try something new, give Now and Then, Here and There a shot. A 13 episode anime that deals with some realistic issues. Also try Ristorante Paradiso (11 episodes) if you can deal with something slow-paced yet at the same time, it's fast-paced because you want to find out more about each of the characters so you quickly move onto the next episode. There's also Shigofumi (12 episodes) which is just unlike any anime I've seen.

And let's see, a few more that would suit your tastes. Uta Kata (12 episodes) and Pretear (12 episodes) are both magical girl anime. Uta Kata is more like Card Captor Sakura and Pretear is more like Sailor Moon, but worth watching. You may even want to try out This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (12 episodes).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is there an Anime called "vocaloid" ? I've seen pictures of a girl in it, but I've tried searching it up and there isn't anything about it :/

Any help?

Back