• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Questions [Now Also the Anime Recommendation] Thread

Years
  • Is there an Anime called "vocaloid" ? I've seen pictures of a girl in it, but I've tried searching it up and there isn't anything about it :/

Any help?
    Vocaloid is actually a computer program that allows users to generate songs using pre-recorded voice samples, and each set of voice samples is given a character to match (ex. Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka). People have made songs and music videos featuring the characters and the program became popular via internet circulation. There is an upcoming anime based on a song made from the program and a manga, though.

I'm sure some of the bigger fans of Vocaloid can provide better examples than I, though. ^^

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    The thing about Hatsune Miku is that she's not really a character, but moreso a persona of the program (and voice). There's no actual anime of her, but the wide variety of songs she "sings" makes her insanely popular, especially among the internet populace. Many of the composers get Miku song dedicated CDs, as well. The main composer that hit it big, with Sony Music specifically, is supercell, who composed probably the most famous songs of the vocaloid songs, Melt, BlackRockShooter, World Is Mine, etc. He's managed to make a theme song for Bakemonogatari, Cencoroll, and recently, Naruto, as well as Type-Moon's upcoming game.

But ya, Vocaloid isn't an anime, it's a virtual singing program. If you wanna get into the fandom, you probably want to search up Miku songs on youtube

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • There's something that's been bothering me for a while. In Dragonball Z Trunks goes back in time to tell Goku about the Androids and how they'll attack three years from now. He also mentions he would pay Dr Gero a visit if he knew where he was. Also Piccolo being really intelligent and all, so why did none of them consider using the Dragon Balls and asking Shenron to tell them where the lab is?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is Persona an Anime? Or just a game?

And I have another question;
    Does anyone know whats the name of the character as my avy?

In case if changed:
    Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Is Persona an Anime? Or just a game?

And I have another question;
    Does anyone know whats the name of the character as my avy?

In case if changed:
    Spoiler:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona is a series of games made by ATLAS, but there's also an anime series based off the Persona series called Persona: Trinity Soul. Also, the games came first if that matters.

Kurumu Kurono, a Rosario+Vampire character....
    Also, the image in the spoiler is 404 in case that's not the one you're talking about

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona is a series of games made by ATLAS, but there's also an anime series based off the Persona series called Persona: Trinity Soul. Also, the games came first if that matters.

Kurumu Kurono, a Rosario+Vampire character....
    Also, the image in the spoiler is 404 in case that's not the one you're talking about
    I know about the Rosario+Vampire character xD

jiggly cached the image :3

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    In anime when people say OVA what are they talking about? In anime what's an OVA?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is there going to be more Black Rock Shooter? Or is there only supposed to be 1 OVA?

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    As far I know, there is only one OVA, now. I don't know if they are going to release another one. It's 50 minutes, so probably not. I hope they do though..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    As far I know, there is only one OVA, now. I don't know if they are going to release another one. It's 50 minutes, so probably not. I hope they do though..
    I thought they would make a series out of it D:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Yeah, I thought so, too. It's actually worth more than 50 minutes. Much can be done in this OVA.

I have a question, too.

When will the second season (if any) of Nyan Koi! be released? I love that anime XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Question;
    Anyone know yet if there is going to be a Rosario+Vampire Season III?
    I mean there has to be one since it left off at sort of a cliffhanger and is missing a lot that the manga covers.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I know this is a double post but since my last post was over a month ago...

Whats the difference between FMA and FMA;B.

I haven't seen the first one only FMA:B. I heard it was a retelling, is it true?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Is Clannad: Another World Kyou chapter considered Clannad 24 or Clannad: Afterstory 25? And how about Clannad: Another World Tomoyo chapter?

Years
  • Tomoyo is CLANNAD 24
    Kyou is CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ 25

Not that it really matters since you can watch them at anytime as long as you have a general understanding of their characters.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Tomoyo is CLANNAD 24
    Kyou is CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ 25

Not that it really matters since you can watch them at anytime as long as you have a general understanding of their characters.
    Ohh. And is Clannad Movie right after the first season?

Back