• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

James and Aiden's Art Extravaganza

Years

• James and Aiden's Banner Shop!

This is our shop, where you can request snazzy css banner signatures with tags to create what we hope you'll find as awesome creations!

I'm James, and I'm mainly the css guy, i also have a gallery which you can check out here. Aiden (also known as *firestar*) is mainly the tag designer. Here you can request both of us to design something for you, or just request some css or a tag.

Request Form:
    What do you want (CSS, Banner or both):

(If CSS):
    Short description: (cursor, text shadows, ect)
    Background colour/image:
    Shape:
    Additional Extras:

(If banner):
    What render:
    What colour scheme:
    What size:
    Any text:
    Anything extra:​

Examples:

Tags

No.1
    qfC5K.png

No.2
    zeGI6.png

No.3
    3Pc0y.png

No.4
    rsovv.png

No.5
    ghOrP.png

No.6
    nFzPi.png

No.7
    o5FUW.png

CSS

Its fun to stay at the

pkNRk.png
    BM1MB.png
    PrQty.png
    242ab.png

Hi, this is James. I'm the guy with the YMCA signature. I have two awesome
    pairs called Xyrin and Shining Raichu, they're ten times more awesome
    than me so go check them out. I also have an older and younger
    sister, and not forgetting my brother! Oh, and i have an
    amazingly old grandma too.

Shining Raichu

Hi, you can call me Andrew or Andy, I'll answer to both like a good dog. I have two pairs, Hybrid Trainer and Xyrin, who show me why polygamy is fun. My two little brothers, Razor Leaf and solarowl, enjoy hugs. Give them hugs. Now.
    And finally, my blog is there to be read. You should read it unless
    you want to hurt its feelings.

This Is Britannia​

This is where all your text and whatnot would go.This is the colour your links would be. and somewhere put me in there with the title message 'in collaboration with'

e4ucD.png
    kXmfj.png
    Y6znD.png
    oEInO.png

Hi, this is James. I'm the guy with the YMCA signature. I have two awesome pairs called Shining Raichu and Xyrin, they're ten times more awesome than me so go check them out too. I also have an older and younger sister, and not forgetting my brother too!

572.gif
    573.gif
    133.gif
    197.gif
    136.gif

[TEXT HERE]
    [TEXT HERE]
    [TEXT HERE]
    [TEXT HERE]

To avoid the chance of drowning in orders we will only accept 3 orders at one time​

Orders:
    CSS
    3.​

Tags
    1. Bonechill
    2. Professor
    3.​

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Nice job James! Well, nothing much I can add, but I'm the tag designer. I'm also welcoming any comments and critisism you guys have for me, but please don't just say "oh that's crap, you should do something different" Please back up any critisism with an improvement. I know a lot of my work will have a similar texture in the background, but that's purely my lack of extra grunge brushes. I hope to get much more to improve my range of textures as I go along. Thanks you guys!

So, who's first? ^-^

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Okay. I have two things to say. One this is some Criticism for the my brother-in-law.

I like your tags but they mostly have about two problems. The ones I've seen seem too bright and your backgrounds are the same. I can help with the backgrounds. One idea is too use a stock and the other is to copy your image over and over so it covers the whole tag and then smudge it around. You can also download some nice splatter and vector brushes to spice up the sides so it's not so empty.

Next would it be okay if I made some icons for this? Maybe some tags too? You can look at my gallery.

Circuit

Years
  • When you say stocks, what do you mean? (Sorry, I'm not very good with the terms right now xD) Thanks for the advice though, and I'll try to improve on that in future tags.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Okay. If you look in the terms thread it'll tell you. But a stock is simply a picture with the background. A stock could be a person with a field behind them. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • When you say stocks, what do you mean? (Sorry, I'm not very good with the terms right now xD) Thanks for the advice though, and I'll try to improve on that in future tags.

If I'm not mistaken, Stocks are the images of which you use to make your art.

Also, good job guy's. n___n; Some nice work here. :3

Although, Aiden, I'm thinking that the tag's first posted in the main post are your's right? If so, I see you're using the same kinda background for all of them, maybe try something a little different

Last edited:

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

• If I'm not mistaken, Stocks are the images of which you use to make your art.

Also, good job guy's. n___n; Some nice work here. :3

Although, Aiden, I'm thinking that the tag's first posted in the CSS are your's right? If so, I see you're using the same kinda background for all of them, maybe try something a little different

Actually James makes the CSS completely by himself (I think).

Circuit

Years
  • Yeah, James does the CSS, and I do the tags. And I will change the designs as soon as I get some more grunge brushes and such. And I will use stocks more often now then. Thanks guys!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I know David does the CSS. I was referring to the first tag's in the CSS Post.

Years
  • Uh...this is a shop, right? So does this make me the first request?

Banner​

What render:
    Spoiler:

What colour scheme: Bloody and darkish, Or at least murky looking.​

What size: 500x300​

Any text: Our Battle Under the Surface

Anything extra: nope.​

Thanks in advance!​

Circuit

Years
  • Accepted. I will have it done asap for you. I'm also going to try some more grunge brushes now, so I'll have some more variation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think the tags look very nice, I love the sort of atmospheric textures in the background and they do add a sort of attractive flair.

However, I do agree with the two posters above who said that the background appears repetitive in many of these tags, which is a shame because on its own it seems like a really nice style to use, but it would become a little mundane if it's being used for anymore pieces. It would be great to see a little more variety in effects that you can use—maybe it would be worthwhile to observe other work and even try out a few tutorials to see if there is anything you'd like to try in order to give your work that extra vibrancy. I'd also try to watch out for the sort of things you'd implement on the canvas depending on the render (or stock, if you like) you use. I spotted a dog banner up there that didn't quite fit the effects that you surrounded it with, the dog itself looks like it was just pasted on. I'd recommend using effects that would fit the overall mood of the stock.

For a cute dog, you'd probably want subtle, tender effects so you can actually bring out the lightheartedness of the dog's face and body. Remember, you'd want any additives to complement your stock, not necessarily work against it. Otherwise it may appear too grungy therefore harsh, which would be off-putting to your viewer.

Overall, very nice tags with great potential in the artist. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Circuit

Years
  • Thanks so much Signomi, that is very helpful.

@Dragonqueen, I have finished your banner. Its a bit different to my style you saw above, but is still similar. Now I'm going to try some new styles and see what works.

Spoiler:

There you go! Hope you like it. I can always change it if you need as well.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Thanks so much Signomi, that is very helpful.

@Dragonqueen, I have finished your banner. Its a bit different to my style you saw above, but is still similar. Now I'm going to try some new styles and see what works.

Spoiler:

Yes this looks sooooo much better if you don't mind me saying. If you want to you could have more critique by opening a gallery so this wouldn't be cluttered with critique.

.Mini

Graphics Artist
    Years
  • Okay, I've decided to bring out some criticism. Not necessarily "Bad", but here we go.

First, You have the right idea, BUT, where's the flow? Any Banner/Sig/Logo need a flow, if you don't understand just ask and I can show you what I mean.

Last but not least, the lightning. You need a light source, you can't have the whole sig the same color, gives it no depth.

Hopefully what I've said isn't harsh, I'm just trying to help you be a better Graphics Artist. :)

Years

• @Dragonqueen, I have finished your banner. Its a bit different to my style you saw above, but is still similar. Now I'm going to try some new styles and see what works.

Spoiler:

Thank you so much! but um, if you could change something for me, I'd really appreciate it. I was hoping that maybe the water gushing up around Empoleon could be darkened a bit? so that it doesn't look so white.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Hey, dunno if any of you would be able to help me out? I've been trying to find a way of making one for a long time, but have not had any luck.
    Size: (Exact or Approximate) - approx 300px tall by 600px wide
    Type: - signature
    Colors: grey/black background (Brick wall preferable) with text in yellow, pink and cyan please
    Text : ''neon pokemon collector''
    Example: -
    sf329b_op.jpg
    - somewhat like this, although with the leftmost shape from the following image in the centre.:
    mgmt.png

Additional Information : would it be possible to make two versions? One of which has two random letters not glowing? thanks a lot!

Years
  • Short description: I want it to have pictures, from left to right: Minccino, Cincinno, Eevee, Umbreon, Flareon
    on the bottom, can you write:
    'I am mzmingle, and I love the Chillarmy family and the Eevee Family.'
    'Paired to: ShaQuL, Awesome Friends: Aura.Lucario, Tenshi the Mew
    Background colour: Eevee-ish colours
    Shape: Rounded Rectangle
    Additional Extras:

Thanks~:)

EDIT: Don't do the writing, but can you tell me how i put the writing on?

Last edited:
    Back