• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(~January Daily Chit-Chat~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Rock Lee said:
    Thanks you. My folks don't really understand what I wanna do with my life. All they want is for me to pass High school and graduate from College. And after that they want me to get a job that pays a lot. Well I do wanna pass both High School and college but I don't want a job they are telling me I should take. You know what I mean, don't I have the right to make my own future? ever since grammar school all I've ever liked is drawing anime characters. I've seen my progress, it has changed a lot over the years. I've kept on getting better. This is my dream, to become an anime drawer. Whether my folks won't like it, that's what I want.
    Harsh reality, it's never going to happen. The Japanese very uptight about working with people who aren't Japanese. Your best bet is to work with a different type of animation.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    It's hard to be pressured by a family; I've never been pressured so I've had to find ways to motivate myself, but the fear of disappointing your loved ones is a dangerous thing and a powerful tool of influence. I wish for the life of wealth and comfort only to reverse my family's fortunes and to give money to charity that, should it be given to someone else, would just go to purchase needless things. My conformity, if that is what I choose, is going to be a benefit to society, and that should be the goal of anyone who chooses convention over their own desired way of life. Do whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't harm yourself, stains your conscience, or is detrimental to society; and if a career in anime and manga is what you want, you'll be very happy in it and, if success comes your way, your family will respect you for it.
    ;.; That was...beautiful. *sniff* Yes, you are very right. Very, very right.

But let me say this. Don't do what you want just because you want the money for it, but because you enjoy doing it. You'll have a better life this way. A lot of people are surgeons because they want a ton of money, but I'd imagine cutting people open isn't very enjoyable. I salute those people who actually do those things to save lives, not for the pay.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Kazuhito said:
    Harsh reality, it's never going to happen. The Japanese very uptight about working with people who aren't Japanese. Your best bet is to work with a different type of animation.
    Tokyopop does do that manga contest though. You'd sortof have a chance if you did that...ugh, Japan can be so uptight x.x

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Digital Mage said:
    I want to try & learn Japanese but there's no way I know how... Just so I can read imported manga & understand Japanese games when I see previews.
    you could go to a saturday shcool.....

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chibi-chan said:
    Tokyopop does do that manga contest though. You'd sortof have a chance if you did that...ugh, Japan can be so uptight x.x
    Pfft...half of those hacks can't draw for crap. <___<

I've met three of them, and they're so stuck up, save for Marty, the others think their works is the be all end all work of the comic book world. Plus, Tokyopop screws them over, they get one volume a year and hardly make money off them.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kazuhito said:

It's frustrating that the Japanese are willing to assimilate parts of all other cultures but are so incredibly xenophobic when it comes to the people themselves...

It's just as well; Japanese isn't a strategic language anymore; they don't have total world corporate dominance now so it's not even a marketable skill to know it anymore. As much as I'd like to learn it for vacationing purposes, it'd be a waste of time. You pretty much have to be raised bilingual to even lay claim to having any superior and useful ability with a language.

I just had summer sausage ramen for lunch......the smell was horrible, but the taste was perfect o_o

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I just had summer sausage ramen for lunch......the smell was horrible, but the taste was perfect o_o
    I had...some rice...and now my back hurts. <___<

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I'm still alive, I run Windows 98 >D

Wait.......did clicking that link give me the virus? XD
    No, and it infects all versions of windows. That means going to say even GameSpot can get you infected from the images in peoples signature if they have the virus on it.

Chibi, scanners don't work on this.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Kazuhito said:
    No, and it infects all versions of windows. That means going to say even GameSpot can get you infected from the images in peoples signature if they have the virus on it.

And my computer sucks to begin with, so if it gets any slower or crashes more, I probably won't notice XD

So I still win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back