• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese DCC

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I hope i get the complete set for christmas. I was able to buy Nadia.
    Do you mean Death & Rebirth or the End?

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Once again i must stand for Rei~

Misato is the most beatiful out of the series though.~

Years
    maya miyazono said:
    I hope i get the complete set for christmas. I was able to buy Nadia.
    Do you mean Death & Rebirth or the End?

No, I meant the last two episodes. They were kinda crazy.
    I really do hope you get Evangelion for Christmas. ^_^

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Oh i didn't seem them yet..
    Aww thanks alot. ^-^

Hmm..
    im the very few who knows about Hideaki Anno's Fushigi no umi no Nadia correct?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Caroline said:
    No, I meant the last two episodes. They were kinda crazy.
    I really do hope you get Evangelion for Christmas. ^_^
    If you ever see End of Eva...the TV series ending will look like a godsend.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ...elemental thing?

If you mean is it purely mech, then no it isn't. The first half is mech heavy, bu the second half is a lot more into reason and why things are the way they are.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    One of my silly questions.~ But does anyone know what was the very first anime created?

Years
    Ahh, someone who did research could answer that... ^^;
    I don't think there are many who truly would know that straight forward. XD

Saboten

I love Kawaiiness!
    Years
    *searched* This is what I got...

During World War II the entire Japanese nation was mobilized. The people were forced to conform to the government's demands or pay the ultimate price. According to Frederik Schodt's book, Manga Manga: The World of Japanese Comics, those who failed to cooperate were punished by "preventive detention, bans on writing, and social ostracism, while those who recanted were rewarded with rehabilitation programs and support from the community...artists who had spent most of their lives criticizing the government did an about-face and offered wholehearted support to the militarists" (Schodt, 55).

Around 1940, many organizations for artists and cartoonists were formed. Among them were the New Cartoonists Association of Japan (Shin Nippon Mangaka Kyokai) and the New Cartoonists Faction Group (Shin Mangaha Shudan). During that time, the government used the few remaining cartoonists, who were not banned from working or who were not in the army, to influence the people through their artwork by creating comic strips filled with propaganda to use against the nation's enemies.

The Master Brings Life to Animation:

Back in Japan, after World War II, a young aspiring artist named Osamu Tezuka became a cartoonist and released his first work Shintakarajima (known in English as "New Treasure Island"). As a child, Tezuka was a fanatical fan of Walt Disney's early animations. Many were impressed by Tezuka's original style. However, it was not until Tezuka released his ultimate work Tetsuwan Atomu (Astro Boy) that he achieved success; he was pronounced "the Father of Manga and Anime".

When Tezuka made a name for himself in the industry, he managed to establish his own production company in 1962. He formed Mushi Productions, where he released his best work, Astro Boy. With Astro Boy, Many recognized Tezuka's original style and approach that was new to the entire industry. The style of his illustrations and characters came from French and German cinema. His characters exploded with life and emotion, and his stories would unfold themselves on hundreds of pages. By 1963, Astro Boy crossed international borders and was premiered on NBC stations all over the US and was still successful with American audiences.

After the success of Astro Boy, Tezuka released another work, Jungle Taitei (Kimba the White Lion). There was much controversy in the past about this anime after Disney released a similar version with the movie The Lion King with Simba as the main character. Although Disney denies this, many believe that Disney stole the anime and recreated it with their own version. (To learn more about the conflict between Disney and Tezuka visit Tezuka's "Jungle King" and Disney's "Lion King").

Forgive me if it is not true, I am not an expert -.-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Saboten said:
    *searched* This is what I got...

During World War II the entire Japanese nation was mobilized. The people were forced to conform to the government's demands or pay the ultimate price. According to Frederik Schodt's book, Manga Manga: The World of Japanese Comics, those who failed to cooperate were punished by "preventive detention, bans on writing, and social ostracism, while those who recanted were rewarded with rehabilitation programs and support from the community...artists who had spent most of their lives criticizing the government did an about-face and offered wholehearted support to the militarists" (Schodt, 55).

Around 1940, many organizations for artists and cartoonists were formed. Among them were the New Cartoonists Association of Japan (Shin Nippon Mangaka Kyokai) and the New Cartoonists Faction Group (Shin Mangaha Shudan). During that time, the government used the few remaining cartoonists, who were not banned from working or who were not in the army, to influence the people through their artwork by creating comic strips filled with propaganda to use against the nation's enemies.

The Master Brings Life to Animation:

Back in Japan, after World War II, a young aspiring artist named Osamu Tezuka became a cartoonist and released his first work Shintakarajima (known in English as "New Treasure Island"). As a child, Tezuka was a fanatical fan of Walt Disney's early animations. Many were impressed by Tezuka's original style. However, it was not until Tezuka released his ultimate work Tetsuwan Atomu (Astro Boy) that he achieved success; he was pronounced "the Father of Manga and Anime".

When Tezuka made a name for himself in the industry, he managed to establish his own production company in 1962. He formed Mushi Productions, where he released his best work, Astro Boy. With Astro Boy, Many recognized Tezuka's original style and approach that was new to the entire industry. The style of his illustrations and characters came from French and German cinema. His characters exploded with life and emotion, and his stories would unfold themselves on hundreds of pages. By 1963, Astro Boy crossed international borders and was premiered on NBC stations all over the US and was still successful with American audiences.

After the success of Astro Boy, Tezuka released another work, Jungle Taitei (Kimba the White Lion). There was much controversy in the past about this anime after Disney released a similar version with the movie The Lion King with Simba as the main character. Although Disney denies this, many believe that Disney stole the anime and recreated it with their own version. (To learn more about the conflict between Disney and Tezuka visit Tezuka's "Jungle King" and Disney's "Lion King").

Forgive me if it is not true, I am not an expert -.-
    Nope, Astro Boy isn't nearly close to being the first. The first came around 30 years before. Momotaro and the Peach Boy, it was a short seven minute movie I think, made in 1918. There are no pictures of it since it was thought to have been ruined in World War II.`

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    *googles it*...well i found out that coke has an anime commercial...ah, I give up! I cant find it, but I'd think DBZ(also cause its the first one I ever watched...or was it card captor sakura?...hm....)

*is clueless*

Years
    Well, DBZ isn't as old compared to Astro Boy, and Card Captor Sakura isn't even what I'd call old. It goes much furthur back.

Kazu is on the right track, since I don't have a clue how far back Japanese animation's history goes. X.x

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's hard to really get it actually. Most of the animation before the war is gone now...so they can only go on records and such.

Back