• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • My dad actually CAN import it any time.
    But I don't want it in Jap.
    I'd get too attached to my Japanese game and forget the fun from my EU version. I'd import it from the US if the gap is larger than 3 weeks in the releases, but otherwise, I'll just get the regular PAL version of the game ! :)

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Actually I change my mind, I am learning Japanese so I think I'll go ahead and order one of the games in Japanese and wait for the other one in English. Maybe trying to figure out what is happening will help with my studies. Lol. So Japanese version for me!

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm gonna be pre-ordering both of the games, in Japanese and English. I know that's a lot, but I'm a very impatient person XD;

And if someone could answer my question, that'd be great...
    Does anyone know if it's possible to pre-order the Japanese versions without using a Credit Card (since I'm too young to have one and my parents are scared something bad will happen if they use theirs -_____-)?

I pre-ordered the English Pokémon SoulSilver Version from Future Shop by buying a Future Shop card, but that was in English and I'm not so sure that Future Shop will have anything to do with Japanese games. I know that GameStop is allowing Japanese pre-orders, but since I'm in Canada, it only lets me use a credit card, and Canada has EBGames, not GameStop (which, apparently, are the same thing).

So I'd like to know, would I be able to buy an EBGames/GaneStop card (which I'm not even sure exist XD;), put about $50 on it, and pre-order the Japanese games in the future, when they're available? My main priority is to get it without using a Credit Card... Thanks.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    If I had the money I'd purchase the Japanese edition, both because I'm impatient and also because I believe it'd help to improve my Japanese, but I'm sort of poor right now so that's out of the question. I'll be waiting for the English release.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    I'm going to get the European English version (because I live in Europe)
    I absolutely don't see any point in getting a game which I can't understand.

That's the thing with Americans, they live in fear (ZOMG, gambling will turn our children EVIL, we must change that!!!!!! ZOMG, the name "Tin Tower" will cause terrorists to invade!!!!!!!), while as one president said (I think it was Franklin Roosevelt)
    you should have seen the European version of d/p/pl,They BANNED the slot game that meant i brought coins for nothing because the game designers were too lazy to leave the buying stuff out and I couldn't even cash in my coins that i brought with my money.

Last edited:

Penutz

Breeder & Collector
    Years
  • Im going to wait for the release. Depending on how much info is released by the time of the japanese version is release. Im going to hide in a box to protect myself from spoilers. I ruined D/P/PT - and i dont wana ruin this one :D

EmzStar

GERONIMO!!
    Years
  • Well, I would import from Japan but:
    1) It's expensive (According to my Parents)
    2) My Parents would have to order it for me and they'd be like "Can't you wait untill your birthday?!"
    3) I can't speak/read or write Japanese.
    But I could import from America if the release in Europe is like a month after USA (It's what I did to get Pearl.)
    But, I'm gonna wait to get both (They'll be released after Christmas right? Well I'll have to save my Christmas money!)

Years
  • I'm considering ordering one in japanese and the other in english. I'm attempting to learn japanese right now but I'm sure I won't be even close to being fluent in it by september :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll be importing the Black version, if everything goes the way I hope it does. Unless they do something to the game that I really wouldn't want to happen, I'd be importing. If they do, I'll likely wait until the English release date and buy the game then. Even though I can't understand, much less have no knowledge of any Japanese, apart from two or three words. I do want to experience a Pokémon game in traditional Japanese, though. And I think Pokémon Black will be that game.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I can't read japanese. To me, there's no point. I waited for english for HG/SS, merely for the suspense, but now it's for a logical reason. It's a whole new generation with (apparent) drastic changes to the story. Everything's brand new so I won't be able to recall on anything, and I really want to grasp the story as opposed to blindedly speeding through the game.

If the changes are drastic, nothing will be straightforward as it was before (go to town, fight gym, travel threw routes, repeat) so I can't see why I'd play the game in a language I can't understand.

exteradude

I'm importing Black from Japan, then playing White once it comes out in America.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I imported Diamond before it was released stateside, but I doubt I'll be doing it for this release. Stories were never a big part of the game so knowing Japanese isn't a problem for me, but money is, lol. I'll be waiting till next year.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Simple as it is. I'm going to play a Black japanese cartridge first then just buy both in english translation whenever it's released. :]

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm leaning toward importing this game. :x I've been looking at screenshots and discussing them with the intention of importing so while I haven't decided yet, it's pretty likely.

The only things holding me back are monetary issues (it's expensive to import D:) and the fact that I hate playing Japanese games with no kanji. It's so hard to read anything in it. >_<

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • I have been importing since Ruby and I see no reason to stop now. :P However, I will say this: it took an extremely long time for Heart Gold to come from Japan last September. I may just pay the extra shipping money to get it here sooner. I'm really considering buying both games since I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Back