• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

japanese?

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    how do i get my computer to recognise japanese characters?

Zet

Years
  • You'll need to get some Japanese fonts.(And for web browsers make sure the character encoding is UTF-8 or one of the japanese ones but that depends on the website)

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    You could use google :D Anyways if you have Windows, go to control panel and click something like world/lang settings. Then in the second or third tab there should be a box with the text "easte-asian text support" or something. Just tick the box and let it install some files. After that you have to reboot the computer. Hope this helps
    Eplas

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If you have the Windows installation CD, just install the support for Japanese language from the list of languages to install.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    You mean for Japanese games or in general?

General means you need to get the language on the computer. I'm pretty sure Japanese came with one of the service packs if it's not already on the computer. If not, you can probably search the Microsoft site for the japanese language pack (or google search it)

For games, on the other hand you need to set your non-unicode programs to Japanese.
    Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative -> Change System Locale -> Japanese (Japan)
    That's for Windows 7 anyways. Vista is similar if i recall correctly, not sure about XP anymore.
    Pretty much you have to go into the Control Panel and find your languages thing and change your Language for Non-Unicode Programs to Japanese.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X all comes with Japanese characters already installed and ready to use, For Windows XP though you have to install it via the language setting in the control panel. Depending on your computer you may or may not need the install/ restore discs to get the Asian language characters. (it's a one stop step for installing all Asian characters: Japanese, Chinese, etc.)

Back