• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JEREMY'S HOENN ADVENTURE FAN-FIC!

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Route 101 was easy to get through as it was just a straight forward route. Now they were on Route 103 and battling wild pokemon. Sudenlly Jeremy runs into a Wingull. "Go Treecko use absorb!" Jeremy says and Treecko uses Absorb!Treecko absorbs morethan half the HP of Wingull and Wingull uses Water gun. "Go Pokeball."Jeremy says and he throws the Pokeball and manages to catch it!Jeremy reads the info on Wingull from his Pokedex to Jessica.

When Jeremy is finished Jessica congratulates him by clapping. However, it sudenlly starts raining and Jeremy looks at the sea route next to the land on the eastern side. Sudenlly, A wave of water shoots out and a huge wail like Pokemon comes out of it. "Oh no, it's Kyogre but its at such a low level." says Jeremy and he jumps in front of Jessica to protect her, But Treecko jumps in front of him and seeing the strong wood gecko Pokemon it goes back inside the sea and retreats!When Jeremy opens his eyes to see Kyogre gone he realizes it stoped raining. He thanks Treecko returns him and Jeremy and Jessica leave and head for Route 104!

Lets start with the first paragraph.

Originally Posted by cooltrainerjeremy
    Route 101 was easy to get through as it was just a straight forward route. Now they were on Route 103 and battling wild pokemon. Sudenlly Jeremy runs into a Wingull. "Go Treecko use absorb!" Jeremy says and Treecko uses Absorb!Treecko absorbs morethan half the HP of Wingull and Wingull uses Water gun. "Go Pokeball."Jeremy says and he throws the Pokeball and manages to catch it!Jeremy reads the info on Wingull from his Pokedex to Jessica.

First two sentence time!

Route 101 was easy to get through as it was just a straight forward route. Now they were on Route 103 and battling wild pokemon.

Okay, so they just zoomed right past Route 101. You expect me to believe that there are no pokemon living on route 101? Whatever, its your fanfic and you can do what you want with it although its a little unreal. Overall, you have seemed to have gotten better at describing things. Although its still horrific, its better then it was. At the same time, more description is still needed! Name some of the pokemon he is battling. Describe what the routes look like, is it tropical, is it covered with trees and forests? Whats going on here?

Sudenlly Jeremy runs into a Wingull. "Go Treecko use absorb!" Jeremy says and Treecko uses Absorb!

Sudenlly should be written as sudenly with only one "L". Please, consider a spell checker. The last sentence is very shady. You don't need to write that treeko is using absorb, when Jeremy told him to. The entire Jeremy says thing looks wrong to me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Treecko absorbs morethan half the HP of Wingull and Wingull uses Water gun. "Go Pokeball."

Morethan isn't one word...at least I don't think so. Space it out. I underlined some things as you can probably see. It is very strange that an absorb can take more than half the HP of a half flying pokemon. It would only do about a quarter at most. When wingull uses water gun and then Jeremy randomly sends out a pokeball is a trouble spot. WHen did jeremy get pokeballs? Did his mom give them to him, did professor give them to him? And as said before, hit the enter key twice when somebody says something.

Jeremy says and he throws the Pokeball and manages to catch it!Jeremy reads the info on Wingull from his Pokedex to Jessica.

Just a couple of grammar errors here. Pokeball isn't capitalized unless at the begining of a sentence. Also remember to space out the words.

Originally Posted by cooltrainerjeremy
    When Jeremy is finished Jessica congratulates him by clapping. However, it sudenlly starts raining and Jeremy looks at the sea route next to the land on the eastern side. Sudenlly, A wave of water shoots out and a huge wail like Pokemon comes out of it. "Oh no, it's Kyogre but its at such a low level." says Jeremy and he jumps in front of Jessica to protect her, But Treecko jumps in front of him and seeing the strong wood gecko Pokemon it goes back inside the sea and retreats!When Jeremy opens his eyes to see Kyogre gone he realizes it stoped raining. He thanks Treecko returns him and Jeremy and Jessica leave and head for Route 104

Okay we'll start this one when I come back and edit it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Eh...I say that it's okay if Jeremy posted the next chapter now. It's been three/four days now, and who ever is going to comment has. Plus, the chapters are rather short, so there's no real need to wait. He wrote the chapter, worked on it to the best of his abilities (as it does look a bit better), and decided to post it to get feedback. It's fine.

Scythemaster covered a bit of grammar, but there are a few things I want to say about his review.

Sudenlly should be written as sudenly with only one "L".
    It's "suddenly".

The last sentence is very shady. You don't need to write that treeko is using absorb, when Jeremy told him to.
    Actually, it would be nice to show that Treecko decided to obey his trainer but having the Pokemon perform the command. This also helps to put the focus on the Pokemon, as battles aren't just about trainers giving commands.

Pokeball isn't capitalized unless at the begining of a sentence.
    Depends on the writer. Pokeball might even be written as two words.

Now, Jeremy, you're still missing description. I highly suggest you take a look at the review I left for you on your other story, because it covers description well in it.

But goodness, you're missing emotions in your fic! Jeremy just seems like he doesn't care that his Pokemon just evolves. You write it like it's an every day occurrence that a trainer's first Pokemon evolves. I mean, is Jeremy at least happy that his Pokemon is stronger? Or does he really just not care? Because that's how he's coming off to me: an emotionless person who just really doesn't care about what's going on.

Slow down your fic. In four chapters he's already left home, traveled through three towns, a couple of routes, a forest, caught a Pokemon, and had one evolve. Now he's about to face down the first Gym Leader with two Pokemon that can sweep her team. This is beginning to become, to borrow a word from Scythemaster, "unreal".

It takes days to travel from town to town in the Pokemon world. Not just...a day? I mean, Jeremy hasn't even eaten lunch yet and he's done so much. I just can't figure out how that can be.

Jeremy's also beginning to teeter on the edge of becoming a "perfect character". His Pokemon are really strong, he hasn't lost a battle yet, he knows everything about Pokemon, and he's already met a legendary Pokemon that he defeated. Make him face some sort of downfall on his journey. Right now, everything is going too well for him, and that's boring. Put in some conflict.

I would also suggest trying to separate yourself from the plot line of the games. Right now, there's nothing stopping me from playing R/S/E and getting the same story line, except for random Kyogre and random Buisel. There needs to be something more, like a deeper reason for Jeremy to be a Pokemon trainer other than "He wants to be the greatest!" Try something to separate this from the games. Anything would be good.

There's still simple grammar problems that need to be fixed. Hit Enter twice to make a new paragraph when someone speaks. Make sure that you have the correct punctuation, as you're missing a few marks. Describe things more. Think about your story realistically. Listen to the advice given to you.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Eh...I say that it's okay if Jeremy posted the next chapter now. It's been three/four days now, and who ever is going to comment has. Plus, the chapters are rather short, so there's no real need to wait. He wrote the chapter, worked on it to the best of his abilities (as it does look a bit better), and decided to post it to get feedback. It's fine.

Scythemaster covered a bit of grammar, but there are a few things I want to say about his review.

It's "suddenly".

Actually, it would be nice to show that Treecko decided to obey his trainer but having the Pokemon perform the command. This also helps to put the focus on the Pokemon, as battles aren't just about trainers giving commands.

Depends on the writer. Pokeball might even be written as two words.

Now, Jeremy, you're still missing description. I highly suggest you take a look at the review I left for you on your other story, because it covers description well in it.

But goodness, you're missing emotions in your fic! Jeremy just seems like he doesn't care that his Pokemon just evolves. You write it like it's an every day occurrence that a trainer's first Pokemon evolves. I mean, is Jeremy at least happy that his Pokemon is stronger? Or does he really just not care? Because that's how he's coming off to me: an emotionless person who just really doesn't care about what's going on.

Slow down your fic. In four chapters he's already left home, traveled through three towns, a couple of routes, a forest, caught a Pokemon, and had one evolve. Now he's about to face down the first Gym Leader with two Pokemon that can sweep her team. This is beginning to become, to borrow a word from Scythemaster, "unreal".

It takes days to travel from town to town in the Pokemon world. Not just...a day? I mean, Jeremy hasn't even eaten lunch yet and he's done so much. I just can't figure out how that can be.

Jeremy's also beginning to teeter on the edge of becoming a "perfect character". His Pokemon are really strong, he hasn't lost a battle yet, he knows everything about Pokemon, and he's already met a legendary Pokemon that he defeated. Make him face some sort of downfall on his journey. Right now, everything is going too well for him, and that's boring. Put in some conflict.

I would also suggest trying to separate yourself from the plot line of the games. Right now, there's nothing stopping me from playing R/S/E and getting the same story line, except for random Kyogre and random Buisel. There needs to be something more, like a deeper reason for Jeremy to be a Pokemon trainer other than "He wants to be the greatest!" Try something to separate this from the games. Anything would be good.

There's still simple grammar problems that need to be fixed. Hit Enter twice to make a new paragraph when someone speaks. Make sure that you have the correct punctuation, as you're missing a few marks. Describe things more. Think about your story realistically. Listen to the advice given to you.

xP. I'm so stupid. And I know, I just noticed the thing about his thhe days between his chapters.

Back