• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen !!!Jirachi is confirmed to be in R/S!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    G-LANCE said:
    u do know that eon ticket comes with this month's nintendo power don't u?
    Really! i havnt seen a Nintendo Power at my local store lately so... *starts looking through magizines like a rabid animal*

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Looks like that won't be happening here in Europe. Nintendo Power died over here yonks ago, and I don't even think the E-Reader itself has been released yet.

Not that bothered anyway. I've never really got into Ruby/Sapphire like the previous games. Doubt I'll miss the chance to get the two secret monsters.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It's a shame Pok?mon is not catered better in countries besides the USA and Japan...

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    Lucifer said:
    Looks like that won't be happening here in Europe. Nintendo Power died over here yonks ago, and I don't even think the E-Reader itself has been released yet.

Not that bothered anyway. I've never really got into Ruby/Sapphire like the previous games. Doubt I'll miss the chance to get the two secret monsters.

ya, nintendo's falling in sales. that's why the gamecube just went down to $139.99Cdn ($99.99US).

Mightyena37

Effort Master Trainer
    Years
    Eon Ticket...

Does anyone know if you can buy Nintendo Power on store shelves? And if so, will retail copies like that have Eon Tickets in them?

I've GameSharked Eon Tickets into my pack, but they do not work for getting to Southern Island. There's some trick with the way the event works that just HAVING an Eon Ticket doesn't allow you to get to Southern Island. In order to use the Eon Ticket, you need to have a code set that somehow proves you really GOT the ticket, not just checking for it in your inventory. Sadly while the GameShark codes out there work wonderfully for the old version 1 GameShark models (for sale before the GBA SP came out), the code format is completely different on the GameShark SP and old codes can't be used. Specifically, the new GameShark codes are 12 characters long for each line, the old ones were two segments of 8 characters per line.

I guess I need to get myself a copy of Nintendo Power for November, and drop the cash for an e-Reader too. =/ And to think I just blew $30 on a GameShark that wouldn't get me to Southern Island... (That's okay though, I DID get 99 Master Balls. ;)

~~~Mightyena37~~~

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Mightyena37 said:
    Does anyone know if you can buy Nintendo Power on store shelves? And if so, will retail copies like that have Eon Tickets in them?

I've GameSharked Eon Tickets into my pack, but they do not work for getting to Southern Island. There's some trick with the way the event works that just HAVING an Eon Ticket doesn't allow you to get to Southern Island. In order to use the Eon Ticket, you need to have a code set that somehow proves you really GOT the ticket, not just checking for it in your inventory. Sadly while the GameShark codes out there work wonderfully for the old version 1 GameShark models (for sale before the GBA SP came out), the code format is completely different on the GameShark SP and old codes can't be used. Specifically, the new GameShark codes are 12 characters long for each line, the old ones were two segments of 8 characters per line.

I guess I need to get myself a copy of Nintendo Power for November, and drop the cash for an e-Reader too. =/ And to think I just blew $30 on a GameShark that wouldn't get me to Southern Island... (That's okay though, I DID get 99 Master Balls. ;)

~~~Mightyena37~~~

no need for 99 masterballs... the other one on Southern Island don't run...

Eon ticket isn't enough. You also need a code to trigger the game that the ship needs to set sail to Southern Island if the player have the eon ticket. THere's actually 2 codes to unlocked southern island.

Rayquaza

Champions Of The Sky
    Years
    too much offtopic..;)

anywayz I would like to get jirachi trough a ecard or something like that..:D but first I have to wait till the e-reader will be released in eu..:(

Wynaut

Unown Master
    Years
    Rayquaza said:
    too much offtopic..;)

anywayz I would like to get jirachi trough a ecard or something like that..:D but first I have to wait till the e-reader will be released in eu..:(

:) The news about jirachi and deoxys is old...

If you have the gameshark, I have a code for Latios/ Latias that worked for me :) I'll give it if you want

Mightyena37

Effort Master Trainer
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    no need for 99 masterballs... the other one on Southern Island don't run...

Eon ticket isn't enough. You also need a code to trigger the game that the ship needs to set sail to Southern Island if the player have the eon ticket. THere's actually 2 codes to unlocked southern island.

Yes, I am aware of that. Which is why I said: There's some trick with the way the event works that just HAVING an Eon Ticket doesn't allow you to get to Southern Island. In order to use the Eon Ticket, you need to have a code set that somehow proves you really GOT the ticket, not just checking for it in your inventory. Read a whole post before replying, please.

Anyway, concerning the Eon Ticket being in the November issue of Nintendo Power magazine, it is NOT available in the retail copies of the magazine. The vast majority of stores only carry the retail unsealed version, which is the one that doesn't have the ticket for the e-Reader. The sealed version, however, does have the ticket. This was probably done to avoid people ripping off the Eon Tickets from stores for free without buying the magazine. Subscribers to Nintendo Power get the sealed version with the e-Reader Eon Ticket, and very few stores carry it. I found a few near me that did, but they sold out in the first few days for that very reason. (A LOT of people around Seattle play Pokemon!) So anyway, my quest to find my own sealed issue of the November Nintendo Power continues...

I've also requested the Eon Ticket event setting code from the GameShark boards, but I won't be holding my breath for that one. Seems they're having some serious trouble there lately with their employees and the change in ownership of the business. Three of the small handful of hackers that work on GameShark codes professionally are out on vacation or whatever right now too.

One more goody, and this is ON-TOPIC for this thread. ;) According to the November issue of Nintendo Power, they will reveal how to catch the Jirachi (Pokemon #201 in Ruby and Sapphire) in the December issue of Nintendo Power. It may be a new promotional event, it may be an e-Reader card, it may be some in-game trick. Who knows, all they said is that they will reveal the secret next month. So here's looking ahead to it. Concerning Deoxys (Pokemon #202) it looks like to get it legitimately in the US, you will have to attend the theatre showing of the new Pokemon movie that was just released in Japan. There, movie attendees were given e-Reader cards to unlock Deoxys in their copy of R/S when they saw the film. Very similar to the Mew/MewTwo promotion in theatres for the last movies. Also just FYI - new Pokemon movies are typically released in the US about 6-9 months after the Japanese release, so we won't catch the new Pokemon film until April - August of 2004.

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Kairi said:
    It's a shame Pok?mon is not catered better in countries besides the USA and Japan...
    True, especially in Asian countries. The only way is to cheat with a Gameshark otherwise.

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    please tell me the gameshark sp codes to get jirachi and deoxees......................................................................please

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    here you are: (these are for V.3 and up)

Pokemon Ruby Master Code :

DE00AAFD 2EBD05D0
    530823D9 16558191

Pokemon Sapphire Master Code :

DE00AAFD 2EBD05D0
    B4564EFE 23F44BF2

384 - JIRACHI
    Ruby :
    9BCD00D7 9222D5C8
    D6E4AB8C 0B4A2B74
    Sapp :
    D2B627D9 CC5D585E
    D6E4AB8C 0B4A2B74

385 - DEOXYS
    Ruby :
    9BCD00D7 9222D5C8
    B19B2D5E 4008624A
    Sapp :
    D2B627D9 CC5D585E
    B19B2D5E 4008624A

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2004
    I was wondering if i can use a printed version of the eon e-reader card. so is it possible?

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    I really wish I lived in the USA but I live in Australia and all we ever got was the Celibi event thing that I never got to go to!
    I've also got no one to trade with to get the other Lati in my games. There's also no Gameshark/Action Replay sold here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back