• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto....Again??? (Revived)

Years
    Well since Nintendo got around to making a GSDS remake how will the Anime make the "New" Johto Season. Do we have to go through the relatively well known "Johto Filler Hell" again? (But things are getting good with DPP. Maybe the writers will be more motivated by then? :P )

Last edited:

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Well I hope an old character starts to occur more often, maybe Richie? I hope Paul goes to Johto again as well, as he is the only character I like in the DP episodes I have watched. I'm sure it'll be some sort of Frontier, but i'd prefer something new.

Ash should recall an old Johto starter to his team, it'd be a nice feeling that the writers haven't forgot about the fans who loved the original series. I would definatly give Johto a go and try watch it, as long as it's not as cliché as DP has become, although all series has been the same but not as much.

Btw, by cliché I mean every episode starting with them all around a table that leads up to meeting someone and their Pokémon from that region, which involves Team Rocket getting blasted off. Loved it in Kanto, as it was new back then.. but it's old.

Which brings me onto this.. finally get rid of Team Rocket?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    While I'm one of the more well-known opponents to GSDS, I'll try and be optimistic here because a question was asked which I'd actually like (LE GASP) to see.

In the unlikely event that Ash returns to Johto, I'd like to see him bring back Bayleef and evolve it. As well, I'd like to see Ash evolve his Corphish and maybe Torkoal provided it gets a 5th gen evo. Counting Pikachu as never going to leave, I think Ash will keep Staraptor on his team. Logically, it would make sense for Ash to keep Gliscor on his team for the Johto BF, seeing as Ash already has Electric/Grass/Fire/Water/the region bird on his team, so Gliscor would remain just because he needs a sixth Pokemon (unless he decides to capture something). Donphan was his sixth in Kanto, which is coincidentally Ground-type, so the connection's there and it does imply...something, at least.

However, despite this, the Johto BF contradicts a long-standing theory that Ash will win the Sinnoh League this time around. Perhaps after the Champion League, he'll return...:S

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they make the group go back to the Johto then I only see it for another Frontier season, with Dawn going into contests there. Though, I still don't know if it will be necessary to go back, if they can continue the show in the Battle Area Island, such as the Fight Srea or so.

Even if they do go back, I would still enjoy watching the anime. Though, I would hope they gain enough inspiration to not include an excessive amount of fillers like the past. xD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No, anything but Jotho please. History repeats itself and Jotho is just gonna be another waste of 3 seasons. I don't care if "GSDS" becomes the 2010 bomb if it comes out, I don't want Jotho ;_;.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just because the games are being remade, I doubt they would go back to Johto in the anime. D: I mean, they didn't go back to Kanto when FR/LG released.. Well, there was Battle Frontier, but that didn't really count. Regardless, it would be cool to see them go back to Johto if they handled it better than the first go-round.

The Red Chain

Just because the games are being remade, I doubt they would go back to Johto in the anime. D: I mean, they didn't go back to Kanto when FR/LG released..

Drew is right.. if the games are being remade there is no way they will go back to Johto.. at least not until the Sinnoh Saga is over.
    It's not even close to the end yet. Ash still has two more Gym leaders left, and of course the Elite Four ; Dawn and Jesse are probably gonna win some more ribbons soon as well.
    Team Galactic hasn't even carried out their evil plot to summon Dialga and Palkia yet.

I liked the Johto series don't get me wrong, but the chances of it coming back in the anime is very slim.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I have no clue what will happen in the future like most of you guys/girls so i am going to say what i think.

Well like if said in previous posts i think it is going to be a gold and silver remake and i do think history is going to repeat itself. I think ash will go through the Jhoto region collecting the symbols ( or what ever their called i have not played platinum yet).

The pokemon i think he is going to take with him to the jhoto region is:
    Pikachu
    Monferno (or what ever it is by that level) (i said monferno because i think it will evolve very soon)
    Grotle (or what ever it is by that level)
    Buizel (or what ever it is by that level) Most likely still Buizel
    Gliscor
    i think he will release or leave staraptor with Prof oak
    And the poke to takes its place will most likely be something he catches in the region or his cyndiquill

But that is just me.

Ohh and with dawn i think she will tag along with him and so will brock (not going to mention thier pokemon)

Ohh and yeah like the guy above me said i dont think there will be that many old characters like im not finshed the KAnto Revisited section but I cant recall and old characters

Vladi

Vladi...Mapper/Poke insert
    Years
    Just because the games are being remade, I doubt they would go back to Johto in the anime. D: I mean, they didn't go back to Kanto when FR/LG released.. Well, there was Battle Frontier, but that didn't really count. Regardless, it would be cool to see them go back to Johto if they handled it better than the first go-round.

I totaly agree do they have to make new seasons everytime a new game
    goes out?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, the Pokemon anime is basically there to advertise the games. Perhaps the anime's timing was completely off to be able to go to set it in Kanto when FRLG came out? I don't know, I wasn't around at the time. But they did make the Battle Frontier in Kanto, even though all that was referenced was the name "Kanto" and perhaps one town every now and again, and they did give May a few Kanto starters which suggests it was a half-hearted effort to incorporate FRLG somehow, probably because it was so late after the release? But this time it's different since the 3rd game has already came out, and a remake would perhaps be in time for after the league.

So GS remakes are confirmed? Wow, I need to keep up with Pokemon news more, I've kind of been a bit out recently. Oh, I see https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pokémon_game_to_be_announced_this_month Wow, I can't wait!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I just posted a link to where it says about GS ^^ https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pokémon_game_to_be_announced_this_month

As announced by the official Japanese Pokémon Web site and TV Tokyo's TV program information on Friday, Pokémon Sunday is set to make a "world-exclusive first announcement" in its Pokémon Game Arena segment on May 10.
    The most recent episode previewed the annnouncement, showing two balls, one gold and one silver, which will be opened to unveil the announcement's subject. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.
    The next issue of CoroCoro, which will be released May 15, is likely to contain the announcement as well.

I don't think it matters that the old Johto had fillers, they'll probably use the same-ish style from late Battle Frontier/DP rather than revert back to what they did about 6/7 years ago.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well, this thread is based on the assumption it's true. I think the fandom as a whole is taking it as just-about confirmation. So it would be pretty funny if it wasn't. Well, we'll know when Pokemon Sunday airs

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Well...here's to hoping then if it's true.

If it is...hopefully they keep the designs the same...and better remixes. The ones in FRLG were god awful

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Well...here's to hoping then if it's true.

If it is...hopefully they keep the designs the same...and better remixes. The ones in FRLG were god awful

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought so, the music in FRLG was quite bad I thought as well. It was in the style of RSE, kind of "bloated" sounding. And then they made some themes like the Gym Battle and trainer battle theme sound too happy, when they seemed quite serious sounding in the original, even if they were just beeps.

Did the anime do anything about FRLG other than placing the Battle Frontier in Kanto and May getting a few starters? Because this means that the anime has already made a bit of a bigger deal of GS by playing up Pichu's role in the 12th movie and by featuring the Johto starters in it as well. Although, even if they do go back to Johto I wouldn't bet on too many old characters coming up.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought so, the music in FRLG was quite bad I thought as well. It was in the style of RSE, kind of "bloated" sounding. And then they made some themes like the Gym Battle and trainer battle theme sound too happy, when they seemed quite serious sounding in the original, even if they were just beeps.

Oh god...I just realized something. DPP's music is just as bad...so if they continue this style.....oh god...My precious rival theme....IT IS RUINED!!! If this is the remake confirmed...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I too wouldn't bet on any old characters showing up, if any xD The chances of them going back are slim, but thee main reason why they could possible go back is only because of a new Frontier challenge for Ash and new contests for Dawn. I would guess that if they plan to keep Paul, then the storyline might be based off of Ash and Paul competing for Frontier title, or something along those lines. For Dawn, she mighe end up keping Zoey and Kenny as her contest rivals in the Johto.

I would only hope that they keep fillers to a basic low, add in some great music, a nice opening, and a great side plot to go with the series if they were to return to the Johto that is. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Just because the games are being remade, I doubt they would go back to Johto in the anime.
    They've done it before.
    D: I mean, they didn't go back to Kanto when FR/LG released.. Well, there was Battle Frontier, but that didn't really count.
    Johto will be treated the same way.

Anyway, as long as the Johto Pokémon get treated better I will be satisfied.

Back