• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto Legends - The Second Generation

which of these things should stay? [you may select more than one option]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    wow! clay? I never get much used to clay cause they make my hands all sticky and such.

I hope I am that good of an artist. :( If I am, I have several posts to show to you all. :(

anyway, good night to you all. I will be back sometime tomorrow.

astoriachase

serene grace
    Years
    ok this is for the cyndaquil + its evolutions fans.
    i think its pretty cute. i am now an official fan of quilava too.

cheers to the supporters.

oh and the poke of the week! i forgot. LOL.
    heeeereee comeeees scizor~

scizor and scyther were always so cool to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    Haha, the young days were the best. for me an even team would be to have my starter or my main pokemon 10-15 levels higher than the rest :P I really lack the effort to have them all even leveled.

Yeah, could i Nickname it Pez?

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
    your cyndaquil has been nicknamed pez :D yeah me too. i always trained my starter really hard, pretty much neglecting the other pokemon.
    once, i even went to the pokemon league with a lv 84 typhlosion and 5 other pokemon that were lv 20-ish. i survived thanks to typhlosion :DDDD

Years
    Yay for Pez! :D

Haha i think we all were like that back in the day, just the one strong pokemon then the rest a neglected team. Worse thing about the second generation games is that you get Larvitar at the very end so you can't unleash the awesome potential of Tyranitar unless you really have nothing left to do.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
    yeah man tyranitar is a beast :D
    -------------------------------------------------------------​

12:39am 230112 [GMT+8] - points up till now have been updated.
    remember to check the history section on the first page to find out what has occurred so far, including bonus points \(OuO)/

Last edited:
    Years
    Imagine if Tyranitar had Wings, like evilish looking wings :O

I really love Tyranitar but in whatever game you can get it in, it's always towards the end. I kinda hate that :/

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    @mR: Yes, modeling clay. It's awesome,

Speaking of modeling clay, would you guys like it if I posted some pictures of said Pokémon sculptures?

Butting in on the Tyranitar topic, I never really liked Tyranitar that much. I thought it was too overpowered, nah, I'll stick to my Dunsparces and Umbreons. *pets Simon and Umber*

Cyndaquil-family picture = Happy Mammoth.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Hmm, this one is rather hard. Even though I usually like the Grass type starters the best, Chikorita was one of the exceptions to that. I honestly don't know why I never used Chikorita, but it was probably because the first gym was a Flying type gym, and I didn't want to take the time and train another Pokémon to help me beat Falkner. I didn't really like Chikorita's design either, and I'm not really sure what it's even based on.

My choice the one I'd choose, though, is kind of a tie between Totodile and Cyndaquil.
    Their designs were some of the best that were introduced in the second generation imo, and both of them are actually really cute.

Cyndaquil is, as it was stated a lot in the posts above, really freaking cute. Its facial expression is one of the cutest things I've seen on any Pokémon, and I loved Ash's Cyndaquil in the Animé sooo soo much. The flame on its back is also cute in some way, even though its meant to actually be threatening, or kind of show that it's getting ready to battle. So to put this simple, if anyone ever wanted to know the definition of cute, I'd just show them a picture of Cyndaquil, because I know they'll understand immediately.
    While being extremely cute and all, Cyndaquill is actually a good battler too. I've gone long in the games with only Cyndaquil in my team (but it ends up evolving anyways, though ;;), and it rarely ever let me down n_n

But even with Cyndaquil being so perfect in every way, Totodile still stands up to it.
    Totodile's cuteness doesn't really stand up against Cyndaquil's, but I still love the cute expressions it is capable of giving, and I consider some of its actions in the Animé cute too. But its cuteness is easily overshined by its awesomeness, and the fact that it's based on a crocodile only adds to that.
    The one thing I like the best about Totodile is its amazing design. It's such a unique and colorful design that isn't shared with many Pokémon, and that is also why it was the first starter I ever chose from the second generation.
    There really isn't much to say about Totodile's battling style. It isn't really anything special untill it evolves, which is really a shame when you look at all its other attributes, though it can still be a great ally depending on the opponent :)
    The last thing is Totodile's personality in the animé. It was always hyperactive and it was always trying to have fun, but it also tried its best in battles, which is what made it one of my favorites of Ash's Johto team.

In the end I'd have to go with Totodile though, mainly because it doesn't really get any love, but also because I have had such great experiences with it.

Last edited:
    Years
    @Mr.Mammoth
    Dude that's awesome, post them. I wish i hard art talents :P
    Tyranitar is pretty epic though. Who cares about power. When you think "Pocket MONSTERS" Tyranitar is something that lives up to the name. It's design is awesome and the power is really just a bonus feature.

@Olli97
    Should've been 50 words MAXIMUM, haha.

I really like Ash's totodile but other than that it's a no go for me.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I'd like to join please. :) It's a whole new world we live in!

Name: deoxys121
    What you would like others to call you: Josh
    Partner Pokémon: Fluffy the Mareep; Jet the Remoraid
    Favourite Gen II Pokémon: Ampharos; Octillery; Lugia; Tyranitar; Typhlosion; Feraligatr
    Reason For Joining: I love all generations of Pokemon, but this generation provides nostalgia for me, just as Generation I does, as it was such long time ago when I first started playing this generation. Also, one should note that this generation was the generation that Pokemon was originally slated to end with.

On-topic: I also for a while made my starter several levels higher than the rest. But, eventually it got to the point where I wanted the rest to get some use, too. I started over and trained my Pokemon somewhat evenly then.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    OKAY people! Some wanted it, others maybe didn't... But screw it all!

HERE is some figurines made by me:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They all feature Umbreon and Dunsparce, guess why?

Years
    Name:Anthopaya
    Partner Pokémon: Yanma
    Favourite Gen II Pokémon: Yanma, Gligar, Tyranitar, Celebi, Houndoom, Stantler, Smeargle
    Reason For Joining: Johto was, in my opinion, the best and most creative region they have come up with so far

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hmm, hard topic! I never really liked Totodile but I'm finding it really hard to choose between the other two! They're both such cuties! D: I think I'll have to go with Chikorita, just because I love Grass-types most out of the three. Plus Meganium can be an absolute beast to fight with all its healing moves! Unfortunately Meganium gets a bad deal with all the gym/elite four typings in Johto, which is a real shame - it should've been given a better chance!

Such a cutie!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    @AlexOzzyCake:
    I'm not sure if I agree with you on the "Chickorita should've gotten a better chance"-thing. I mean, I don't see it as Chickorita getting a poor chance, it is more of a "The greater the challenge, the sweeter the victory"-deal. It is more like a chance for Chickorita to prove itself just as capable of beating the everlasting HELL out of for example a Flying-type as a Pokémon without a weakness to it. Or that is what I think at least.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    By far Totodile. I think mainly because of it's nostalgic connection with me personally, tbh since it was my first ever pokemon and such and it became the strongest out of my Gold team and I loved it to bits. So for those reasons it's Totodile.Cyndaquil is c lose second for me however, I hate how it always has it's eyes closed and I thik it's design would really benefit with its eyes open. Aaand, in the end I hate Typhlosions movepool, it's not diverse enough imo; yeah it might have a focus blast here or there, but I always felt it was missing something. :/ I never really felt a connection with Chikorita to be honest, I always found it annoying in the anime and it was pretty weak in btoh Gold and HG, but battiling with it was always satisfying especially with the heavy type disadvantages it faced early on in the game.

Years
    Cyndaquil with its eyes open is like Brock with it's eyes open. Don't want to see it unless they are well done eyes. I think the closed eyes is what makes it appear more timid and cute.

I get the same satisfaction with Chikorita at the start. I usually have a Bayleef before Fawkner. But then i suppose everyone evolves there starter before him.

miltankRancher

Years
    @AlexOzzyCake:
    "The greater the challenge, the sweeter the victory"

If you succeed, that would be the case, but I seldom really succeeded with Chikorita. The farthest I had gone with Chikorita, IIRC, is Morty's gym. And that is not without hard things and such. plus Miltank floored me, since Chikorita's a guy.

and mr. Mammoth, good work there! You got dunsparce really good!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
    @mR: Nah, I generally succeed with Chickorita the few times I choose it so I don't really know...

Hey thanks! I made those some years ago, now that I look back at them I see that Umbreon's ears were pretty ridiculus (<why do I have so much trouble spelling that word?!) xD

miltankRancher

Years
    I was a total no0b back then, so maybe that is why I failed with her. Hmm... might as well try out Chikorita once my real life responsibilities are done.

that's kind of ridiculous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back