• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto Legends - The Second Generation

which of these things should stay? [you may select more than one option]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • well, I first used Crobat in Gold, and I can tell you how bada$$ he is. Second strongest pokemon after my starter.

miltankRancher

Years
  • they are truly! This gen introduced several badass Pokemon, including but not limited to Heracross, Crobat, Suicune, the legendary bird masters, Kingdra, Donphan, Skarmory, and such.

Years
  • I want to join because It's a Whole new world we live in

Name:Jayster23
    What you would like others to call you: Jayster/Jayden
    Partner Pokémon: Tai the Larvitar (Preparing for Tyranitar ;) )
    Favourite Gen II Pokémon: Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Suicune and Lugia
    Reason For Joining: After the first gen, Johto is my favourite. I also think that the Gen II games are the best as you can travel two regions and the storyline is Fantastic.

astoriachase

serene grace
    Years
  • NEW TOPIC:
    Out of the three, (Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil), which starter pokemon would you choose and why? [without taking their evolutions into consideration]
    *approx. minimum of 50 words*

I think this one's a little hard but I would take Cyndaquil because it's so damn cute. Oh and I've always liked fire pokemon. The fire on Cyndaquil's back has always intrigued me. Basically, everything about it is interesting. Like the little red spots on its back. And its cute snout. *spazzes* Ash's cyndaquil also makes a really cute high pitched noise. A D O R A B L E.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
  • welcome to the club jayster :D
    i hope you enjoy your stay here (: the club's kicking off rather well \(OuO)/

meanwhile you could answer this topic. or the ones at the front page.

Out of the three, (Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil), which starter pokemon would you choose and why? [without taking their evolutions into consideration]

b/w sprites for reference purposes :D

if you're having problems with what to write about, you could consult these pages for ideas.

chikorita - link
    cyndaquil - link
    totodile - link

miltankRancher

Years
  • This one is hard. Throughout the generations, grass has never been my favorite starter. So I will discount that. First generation would go to Charmender, third would go to Mudkip, fourth to Chimchar, and fifth go to Oshawott. it's a 2-2 battle. Hmm... This is hard.

But I believe I will go with Cyndaquil.

ever sine it first came out, and up to the current gen, I loved its sprite. It is so cute and such, plus it has boundless potential. and another reason is, I love it's shiny sprite. it kind of reminds me of a soft flame, of comfort and home.

Years
  • I would pick Cyndaquil for a few reasons. One it's a fire type and fire types are my favourite, It's a cute little thing, i mean can't really get more adorable than that. It's quite powerful. The fire on it's back is pretty much the ultimate defence mechanism. The fact that it's a timid pokemon makes it better because Pokemon are supposedly your friends not tools used for battle and that's exactly what Cyndaquil is. I picked Cyndaquil in Silver and had no regrets. Also Typhlosion is my second favourite Generation II pokemon.

ikaroschase

Years
  • Out of the three, (Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil), which starter pokemon would you choose and why? [without taking their evolutions into consideration]

me no like chikorita in the anime :/ so i'll strike it out.
    cyndquil is so timid and is such a cutie <3 while totodile is this funny little cheery creature.
    i've always liked fire types :D so i am a little biased. oh and i like croconaw a lot but since the evolutions are not to be considered, my vote goes to cyndaquil.

plus, i think the best cyndaquil sprite would be the one from d/p + platinum :D

miltankRancher

Years
  • seems like cyndaquil is winning. I forgot to mention I like his eyes! Much like my other pokemon favorite (snorlax), they both have closed eyes and such.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • @miltankRancher: That's because Cyndaquil ALWAYS wins!

Cyndaquil, hands freaking DOWN. You saw my sign up, it was my first starter Pokémon and it'll ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. Cyndaquil's my bro, he's the one who covers up for me, and I SWEAR, everytime I start a new game on GSC/HGSS/SGX/Whatever, I feel INCREDIBLY guilty if I don't choose him. We've been through so much together that it would be an outrage (OUTRAGE I tell you!) if I did not pick him for this topic! Plus that little critter is sooooo cute and warm! Perfect for snuggling if you live in a country where the winters are pretty cold and unwelcoming at times(like me!).

Years
  • I think Cyndaquil is winning this vote here :P
    I feel bad for Chikorita, it's a cute little thing but is a punchbag that really sucks in battles
    Cyndaquil is just plain awesome, nice sprite and Typhlosion is the coolest looking fully evolved starter.
    Totodile is a happy-go-lucky Pokemon that always made me laugh in the anime, how it always got up to mischief.

astoriachase

serene grace
    Years
  • @Jayster23
    heeeey jayster. tyrannitar's cool. haha.
    WELCOME TO THIS LITTLE WORLD HERE.
    i'm astoriachase. but you can call me story or astoria though.
    i'm ikaroschase's sister, btw.

@Jayster & mR
    HI FIVE & THUMBS UP & CHEERS TO CYNDAQUIL AND FIRE POKES <3

personally, i've never been that much of a fan of water starters. squirtle, mudkip and totodile would be a yes but i don't really take a liking to oshawott or piplup though. their attitude/personality on the show kinda irks me.

yes to charmander, cyndaquil, chimchar and tepig. not really to torchic. i like the evolutions of torchic though.

a yes to bulbasaur, treecko, turtwig and snivy. not really again to chikorita because of personality on show.

Years
  • I dunno, Chikorita actually was alright to me in the Anime. It cared about Ash from the word go. But out of the starters it was less appealing, Totodile and Cyndaquil had humor to them while Chikorita rubbing on Ash got old pretty quick. Personally i think it had a crush on Ash which is pretty weird.
    It is/was a girl just in case anyone was thinking "wha? o.0"

ikaroschase

Years
  • RANDOM EVENT
    miltankRancher, Mr. Mammoth, Jayster23 and astoriachase were having a picnic in the fields with their partner pokemon and a bunch of cyndaquil when a ho-oh flew past, spreading a rainbow across the sky. just then, there was a loud thud and the 4 turned to look. there was a bundle! :D they opened it up and discovered the bundle was full of points.

miltank, mammoth, jayster and astoria were awarded 20 points each for being so active :D we have reached our third page, and the club was just created yesterday (:

miltankRancher

Years
  • wow Mr. Mammoth, you're love for cyndaquil clearly shows! I like that about you! :)

and I agree with you. i always feel incomplete whenever I don't pick Cyndaquil in Johto. It seems like everything would be harder.

Years
  • Ahaha talking about it doesn't feel right and such.
    In Australia we have a printer paper brand called Reflex who is supposed to be the top paper etc. Anyway there slogan is "Always rely on Reflex" so as a joke when i was doing a race with my brother where we had to nickname whatever we caught i called my Cyndaquil "Reflex" because i always seem to rely on it. I mean i don't really train others until I get a typhlosion. One Pokemon team :P

(@ikaroschase I didn't realise you could have two partners when you signed up, would i be able to also get a Cyndaquil as my second sign up partner? If it's not to late)

miltankRancher

Years
  • Ahaha talking about it doesn't feel right and such.
    In Australia we have a printer paper brand called Reflex who is supposed to be the top paper etc. Anyway there slogan is "Always rely on Reflex" so as a joke when i was doing a race with my brother where we had to nickname whatever we caught i called my Cyndaquil "Reflex" because i always seem to rely on it. I mean i don't really train others until I get a typhlosion. One Pokemon team :P

(@ikaroschase I didn't realise you could have two partners when you signed up, would i be able to also get a Cyndaquil as my second sign up partner? If it's not to late)

that is how I played when I was still young! Typhlolosion at level 100, and the next one at level 75. LOL. :) but that was Crobat. even if it is still lowerleveled, it is still badass.

Well, i think I could answer your question. Yes you could, since our first two partners are allowed and free. :)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • @mR: Hey thanks, I'm just passionate about, and dedicated to the Pokémon I know and love! I have even made almost every Pokémon so far (minus legendaries and the 5th gen except for Oshawott) in modeling clay, and of course I loved doing 2nd gen the most!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back