• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto Legends - The Second Generation

which of these things should stay? [you may select more than one option]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Wobbu be stretchin'! xD

But really, look at that! It really looks like he is stretching!

Spoiler:

It seems like it is exercising to some funky music.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • welcome gunner :DDD i hope you enjoy yourself here \(OuO)/
    while i was at serebii looking for bellossom's mini sprite i came across its shiny sprite (:

isn't it gorgeous? :D or maybe it's only me

i've never really used wobuffet :/ is it good?
    *whispers in a corner* i'm just some useless bum who doesn't have a clue when it comes to competitive battling.

Haha!!! It is so cute!!!! xD

So yeah, the topic!

Which do you like better? HeartGold or Soulsilver?

I honestly didn't try any of those games because I don't have a DS.... T_T So it is a draw for me, I guess...

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
  • on topic, i actually bought soul silver because of lugia :D
    before it came to my country i researched a lot on serebii.
    frankly speaking, i wanted to buy heart gold at first because of version exclusives
    but i wanted lugia earlier \(OuO)/
    hah :3

miltankRancher

Years
  • I do actually have both. Version-exclusive aside, I will still choose Heartgold because Soulsilver is pretty notorious for being glitchy.

anyway, I have made another userbar! Featuring the eight awesome leaders.

and on the topic of my nickname: it jo_.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • @mR: What? SoulSilver is glitchy? I've never encountered any glitches that I can remember in SS...

But I do own both versions, I always buy both versions of a new Pokémon-game. If there are two versions that is.

Userbar = Baws. End of story.

Hmmm... Is it Josh?

miltankRancher

Years
  • good for you! my soulsilver is full of glitches. Even the rom's I download. For example when a battle will start, the game will "freeze" with the pokeballs still rolling. LOL.

thanks my friend!

and no. not josh. three letters nickname. 6 letters full.

miltankRancher

Years
  • We have been featured on the review! Apparently, what we need is a good topic, that will drive much discussion on this group. So, this is a new topic!

Second generation games (GSC) introduced a lot of new mechanics: Breeding, Shiny Factor, Pokerus, New Types (Dark and Steel) and Apricorns. Which of these is your favorite addition so far? Discuss. :) No one liners please.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • We have been featured on the review! Apparently, what we need is a good topic, that will drive much discussion on this group. So, this is a new topic!

Second generation games (GSC) introduced a lot of new mechanics: Breeding, Shiny Factor, Pokerus, New Types (Dark and Steel) and Apricorns. Which of these is your favorite addition so far? Discuss. :) No one liners please.
    Hmm, this one is a bit hard, as I was pretty oblivious to most of the new additions to the various games and I was just plain ignorant to most of those I knew about. Actually, looking at what I thought and knew about back then, the one I like the best would have to be breeding, though it's no fair competition for the others at all.
    Back then I was totally oblivious to the shinies, which I'm not ashamed to reveal, as the chance of meeting them is really low, but the fact that I didn't even know about the two additions in typings is kinda embarrassing. Back then my view on the Pokémon were based on their colours, so everything that was green were Grass types, everything that was red were Fire types and so on, and as the new typings weren't in the original games, I just threw them into other categories. The apricorns I knew about, though they were of no particular interest, as I didn't really cared about the Pokéballs at all and therefore ignored them throughout most of my playthroughs. I still don't know what in the world Pokérus is and what it even does, so I'll probably need to look into that.
    So with all that information it's easy to conclude, that breeding was the one addition I liked the best. It was one of the few new mechanics that I actually knew about and the only one I obligingly took use of. The fact that you could actually get more of a Pokémon without catching it was a great addition to the games. Hell, you could even get more of the starter Pokémon without repeatingly having to start over and trade the Pokémon over to a friend or second game, to get it traded back later.

Even though that the only reason it was my favourite addition back then, was because it was the only one I both knew about and liked, it's still my favourite one for reasons I explained above. The new typings and the shiny Pokémon has gotten a much higher priority now that I know about them, though I still don't like them as much as breeding. The apricorns have only gotten a bit higher priority, since I now know the importance of the type of Pokéball I use, though I still don't particularly care about them. And as stated before, I still don't know what Pokérus is >_<

miltankRancher

Years
  • Pokerus

Pokerus actually is a status ailment that benefits a Pokemon, especially when EV training. But since there is a very low chance of gaining one after a battle, its existence where unknown to much of the Pokemon gaming community.

Arpicorns meanwhile were flavor additions. The concept of roaming Pokemon, weight, the addition of day and time, rods and such screams the needs for "specialized Pokeballs" such that catching the said Pokemons may be easy. Yes, an Ultra Ball has a good chance of capturing Pokemon, but with this balls, I think there is a higher rate of capture.

The two types were a welcome addition to the game, especially Dark Types which finally limited Psychic's power. Back in Gen 1, Psychic types were unmatched seeing as Bug is their only weakness and the only real Bug type attack was Twineedle. Therefore, the addition of Dark types and their attacks in Gen 2 was a real welcome to the community, bringing the status of Psychic down.

Like the apricorns, shiny Pokemon were also flavor additions, meaning they don't affect the game so much. In fact, you could finish the whole game without running into a single Shiny Pokemon, excluding red Gyarados. The stats of a shiny Pokemon were no higher than their normal counterparts. They just look good. And, for bragging rights.

However, breeding is the best addition among all others. You could practically catch a single Pokemon, (and a mate) then breed it. You could mass-produce lots of the said species (excluding unbreedable Pokemon and Legendaries). This is good especially when you are hunting for a certain Pokemon with a certain Personality Value (or nature in later generations). also, you could have an offspring with a desired move it would not normally know.

I therefore conclude that breeding for me is the best addition to generation II.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Sign me up for breeding thank you! I just like the fact that you can pass on the genes of your Pokémon to create a new Pokémon. I always loved breeding when I was younger and I still do. I used to give the Pokémon names based off their parents, like putting a Jr behind or just make an anagram. And not to mention the Egg-moves. I thought that was like the coolest freaking thing ever! Make your Pokémon get cool moves they shouldn't learn through level-ups? Hell yeah! Like giving an Ekans Disable, or a Ponyta with Hypnosis. I just love breeding, it's one of my favourite things to do ingame!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    It's a whole new world we live in! It's called...huh.....Unova! Oops wait, Johto's better :P haha

Name: Sector Revenge
    What you would like others to call you: Sector
    Partner Pokémon: Summer (Espeon)
    Favorite Gen II Pokémon: Espeon for sure!
    Reason For Joining:
    Johto holds more of my favorite Pokemon than any other Generation. It would be a fool of me to NOT join! :)

With New Topic!
    Did you like addition of the new Typings, Dark and Steel types at first when Generation II came along?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This may seem like a dumb question, but how do i access the user bar gallery? :nervous: (I'm new here haha)
    Name: Connorsauras_Rex
    What you would like others to call you: Cj
    Partner Pokémon: Aipom!!! :)
    Favourite Gen II Pokémon: Aipom, Murkrow, Noctowl and Espeon.
    Reason For Joining: Jhoto is the best reason because it's the most realistic region, there's the small towns, and then there's the houses in the middle of nowhere you discover on the way to a new city. Also i love AIPOM! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back