• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Johto Starters

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
  • Do you expect to see the johto starters back? In emerald if you completed the hoenn dex you could choose one of the johto starters and since the previous remakes also included most of the third games bonusses or modifications I expect the return of the johto starters with possibly mega forms and maybe even hidden abbilities. We may even get them during the story like the kanto starters in XY what are your guys oppinion/thoughts? I personnaly hope we get mega's and hidden abbilities for the johto starters. I really find it unfair that the hoenn ones got one but johto a previous gen didn't. Also I hope for more hidden abbilities released like for the gen 5 starters. Gen 2 and 5 starters are the only ones who haven't got them so what do you guys hope?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Didn't game freak confirm there are new megas they haven't released yet? This could be part of this...

Mega Meganium? {XD}

Anyway, I doubt we'll get to choose one of the Johto starters though, 'cuz this is a Ruby/Sapphire remake, not an Emerald remake. But meh, that's just my opinion, so who knows? ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe that they're going to give mega-evolutions to all three; it'll be only one, I'm imagining, which would likely be Typhlosion, as it's arguably more popular. This will likely be how they had done things with Blaziken in X and Y--give mega-form to only one of three starters based on popularity.

As for them appearing in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it's all possible. After all, we were able to obtain them in RSE before, so why not?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did, but then it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. I would be very happy if we did get the Johto starters, and maybe in the Safari with HAs? That's what they did for X and Y with the Kanto starters.

Didn't game freak confirm there are new megas they haven't released yet? This could be part of this...

Really? I hadn't heard that... Color me intrigued... {:3}

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • It wouldn't surprise me if they did, but then it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. I would be very happy if we did get the Johto starters, and maybe in the Safari with HAs? That's what they did for X and Y with the Kanto starters.

Really? I hadn't heard that... Color me intrigued... {:3}

I heard that from somewhere, but I don't know if it's true. Honestly, it probably is because game freak doesn't want to spoil everything and it will be fun to discover new megas. I guess we will find out in a couple of days now.

Back