• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto: The Future of Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Could you give me till afternoon tomorrow? I have to go to bed now, on account of need to get up kind of early tomorrow, and this was only a quick visit, and the only time I've been on today (minus earlier this morning). I'll have it Done tomorrow. Promise.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I know its been reserved, but you said they had till the end of the day and it hadn't been posted. I understand if I'm not accepted, but here it is.

Name: Jen Keil

Appearance: Jen has small cut hair that only reaches the top of her neck. She spikes her hair and looks a lot like a boy. She has a single bar piercing on her left ear that she got without her parents permission and has loved it ever since, though it did get infected a few times because she did it herself. Jen always wears normal blue jeans, a black and gray striped long sleeved shirt and black converse shoes. Around her neck is a simple silver chain necklace that she constantly wears, along with the dog tags of her deceased older brother. He was always her favorite and taught her how to be a fighter. Aside from that she keeps a black jacket in her black backpack that she always carries around because she is constantly picking things up from the ground: coins, shells, sparkly things...

Because of this, said shiny items can be seen dropping from her bag on occasion from bulging pockets that just seem to hold too much, even if the items are pure crap. In many ways, she has the characteristics of a Murkrow, and if someone said that to her, she'd be pretty amused and wonder what it is exactly that you're smoking. When it gets cold, she'll trade her long sleeved shirt for a much warmer black sleeved shirt that's a bit on the heavy side to keep her warm. While she doesn't mind the cold that much, if she could avoid it and go near a hundred degree climate area, she'll head over there. Atop that black long sleeved shirt (if its cold enough) is another jacket that she'll bundle up in.

Personality: Jen is one tough cookie. Having had grown up with five brothers total and being the only girl puts you in that sort of position. She constantly likes to wrestle and have mock fights, even going so far as to wrestle a stray Mightyena that walked into her backyeard. The two had fallen in love with each other, but sadly Jen had to let it go. Jen can be pretty cheerful. In fact, she is almost happy all the time and rarely shows any anger unless for a just cause like against abuse, unfair laws and anything against her belief's or when she gets into a fight with one of her brothers. Jen hides her tears, which really doesn't matter since she doesn't cry all that often. When she falls and hurts herself, she takes it, unless its as bad as a broken bone, but unless a drama show is on that really affects her, she will cry silently.

As Jen grew up being the only girl in the family, with five brothers to boot, she has the tendency to act a bit too tough, thinking she has to prove herself. She doesn't like to be coddled, and no matter how tough a girl can be, there is always that unsaid boundary between a girl and boy, which is sad, because she doesn't know that many girls who have an adventure bone in them. She hates make-up, dresses and all sorts of girly things, which is in fact the total opposite of the girls she does know from school. Its regretful too, as sometimes her father will take the boys out for just a boys night out, which involves crazy stunt shows on the rare occassion, and Jen absolutely loves that sort of stuff. Don't get it wrong, Jen's father loves her and always has time for his 'baby girl', but that's just the problem, she loathes being considered 'daddy's little girl' or 'daddy's princess'. While it may be the same for all girls, Jen still feels like she has to prove herself to be as tough as a boy, which is exactly why she will dress and act as one.

History: Jen grew up with five brothers, but was the third oldest. Her oldest brother, and favorite, Jarrett, died while serving in the army. He was a great soldier and pokemon trainer. His best pokemon, Skarmory, went down fighting with him. Jen now keeps his dog tags for herself. That was the first time she had ever cried so openly. When she held Jarrett's dog tags while they buried his ashes, along with his Skarmory's into the same grave, she vowed that she would make him proud. Her brother had wanted to become a pokemon trainer after the army, but Jen sometimes doubted he really would. Her brother loved serving too much, and she knew he would have been great, and that is why she vowed to protect his memory. With that vow, she placed the dog tags around her neck and has never taken them off since, even when showering or sleeping.

Jade's second oldest, Bobby, is a bit of a study nerd, and doesn't fight all that often, which sucks because when he does wrestle he's incredibly good at it. Jade's younger brother's, Mark and Owen, are only a year apart, Mark being the oldest and being one year younger than Jen. Aside from Jarrett, who is three years older than Bobby, they are all a year apart. Their family is close, but when news of Jarrett's death reached their ears, they were never the same again and closed off one another, and even till this day they aren't the same. That's why Jade wants to go on a pokemon journey, to get away from it all. She loves her family, but there is only so much one can take in a sad environment.

Chosen: Teddiursa

Personality: Teddiursa is one of those pokemon that's pretty much along for the ride. He knows that he is Jade's starter and thus her pokemon. He will battle for her simply because it is a trainer/pokemon relationship, however he knows that Jade is a strong girl, and hopfully upon evolution his character change will satisfy for her need of strength.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Has the reservation expired on the original starters (I have no idea, with the time difference)? If not I'll put my SU up for Mareep, but if so, I'd really like Gligar.

EDIT: Breezy, I'll cede Mareep to Cinnabar Surfer--they posted before me. Though, if Gligar's not available, I guess I'll sit this one out. ::grimace:: I don't like Jigglypuff much.

Name: Jethro Stonebrook

Nickname: None

Appearance: Jethro is about 5'9", with an average build and an uneven gait with a distinctive limp from an accident when he was little. He has green eyes and a swarthy complexion that darkens a but in the summer, but never really gets pale. He has straight, dark brown, floppy hair that's in his face a lot, the bangs long enough to get in his eyes. He's still trying to decide if he should grow it out or not. He has a prominent nose and a wide mouth, both looking a little to big for his comparatively narrow, oval-shaped face.
    Jethro wears normal clothes for the most part—jeans, running shoes or hiking boots, solid-colour t-shirts and hoodies, but over that he wears a long purple cape that falls almost to his heels, with silver braid cord decorating the edges, complete with a hood, and he carries a cane. The cane is actually medically useful for him to get around with his limp without messing up his back from walking lopsided (not that he doesn't end up doing that a lot), but Jethro's taken it to enthusiastic extreme, and the near-unbreakable length of twisted, varnished wood, found in an antique store, matches the fantasy-adventurer style quite well. (He actually has two capes, so that he can wear one even when doing his laundry.)
    More often than not, Jethro will wear mismatched socks, "for luck".

Personality: Jethro lives half of his life in a fantasy world, entirely by choice. He functions just fine in the real world, he's not out of touch, he just thinks the stories he reads the way most people breath are way more fun than plain old regular life. He first escaped into books when recovering from the car accident that gave him the muscle damage in his right leg at the age of nine, and never really left. He talks to himself sometimes, like he's narrating his own story, and his parents have overheard him many times rephrasing what he's doing into a lot more exciting terms, like repainting the backyard fence turning into the creation of a king's mural, or the weeding of the garden turning into the extermination of rabid and enraged grass pokemon.
    Since Jethro usually insists on speaking like he's in a fantasy novel, interacting with new people can be hit or miss, depending on how they react to his pretty non-standard speech style. If something serious is going on, he'll usually drop the act, however, rather than aggravate or frustrate others.
    Overall, he's a pretty upbeat and forward-looking guy who always wants to be doing something, but he's also impatient, sometimes inattentive to what's going on if he thinks it's boring, and can definitely be seen as childish due to his adventurer persona.

History: Jethro's parents have both lived in New Bark Town since they were born, except for Jethro's mom, Adelaide, who left to study in Goldenrod for a few years, before coming back to work full-time as one of the two town pharmacists. Jethro's dad is half house-husband, half freelance editor. He works much more these days now that all the children are over the age of ten, but still does most of the house stuff. Jethro is the middle child, born four years after his brother Wade and two years before his sister Madeleine.
    When Jethro was nine they went to visit family in Goldenrod. By then the problems with wild pokemon had become more widespread, and it was on leaving Goldenrod, when Jethro's aunt was driving them down towards the guided route through Ilex Forest that a swarm of Rattata poured onto the road and caused a pileup accident involving five cars. No one was killed, but there were many injuries, including Jethro, who would permanently lose full use of his right leg.
    He recovered in Goldenrod, his father staying with him while everyone else needed to return home, and his father brought him his first fantasy novel then. The eventual return home had to wait until Jethro could walk on his own again, another two months, and by then his head was starting to fill with old stories of knights and warriors and kings, beastly monstrous pokemon and loyal companion pokemon.
    Five years after that, both his siblings and parents pretty much think he's a weirdo (usually fondly, though), and he and his friends spend their time outside school staging epic battles in both LARP-style and table-top games.

Chosen starter Pokemon: Aipom
    Nickname: Squire
    Personality: This Aipom is the epitome of sang-froid. He is seemingly unflappable, and it's actually nigh-impossible to motivate him to get agitated about anything, including battles, which he approaches like she's calculating every move. It takes a great deal, such as real life-threatening danger, to throw him off his even temper. He is definitely level-headed, though this makes him a little hard to be affectionate with. He doesn't usually wear the huge grin his species is known for, but when it does appear, it's always genuine.

RPG Sample: (apologies for the meta-ness of this, lol)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Okay, I'm really sorry for taking up a spot and your time but I will to cancel my reservation. I just can't find it in me to do this. Sorry.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright, I'm a bit confused on starters...

Now I'm assuming that people can decide their starters. But now I'm thinking you just meant from that list. And since they are all taken up, can I just have a Mareep?

Alright, here's my signup;

Name: Thomas Kint Mamoru

Nickname: Tom

Appearance: Thomas Mamoru has a very "Medium" appearance. He has a rectangular build with a slight hourglass in the middle. His skin is a slight brown, as if when you looked at him right, he looked Hawaiian. His face is characterized by his rectangle framed glasses, which sadly hide the bluest eyes you will ever see. He likes to wear green, after all it's his favorite color. His pants are usually baggy and black, though he likes to wear jeans. Thomas has very nice hands. He has often been asked to be a hand model. His hair is a dirty blond, and is very messy. He often wears nothing to sleep indoors, but when camping, or with others, he is just fine in his clothes.

Personality: Likes to read. Tom has a very good sense of humor, and is very involved. He sometimes wrestles his pet Pokemon Drifloon, and can practically talk to them. He is smart, but often can't see things in plain sight. He is very deep and philosophical, and wonders about several things. His idea of a perfect day, is just sitting in a large field, with a bottle of soda, and lots of clouds in the sky. He is often too friendly and somtimes can be taken advantage of. He doesn't mind though, and thinks that karma will pay him back one day.

History: His mom is a librarian, which made a big impact on his life. He has read hundreds of books, which let him fly through school. He has a best friend whose name is Sarah. Sarah is a year younger than him, and moved from Sinnoh. She inspired him to be philosophical, after lending him an old book from Kanto. His Dad owns a resturaunt called "Lickitung's Sushi Shack". Thomas loves Sushi and can cook really good seafood. Thomas was attacked by a Tyrannitar when he was young, and barely survived. Because of this, he has a bolt in his right leg. He has a collection of books, and Apricots. When he turned 14 he decided to get a Pokemon, because he wanted to see the world and make new friends. His Grandfather is Pryce, and he hasn't seen him in 4 years. He dislikes one thing. Impoliteness.

Chosen starter Pokemon: Mareep
    Nickname: Amp or Amppy (only occasionally, as in a term of endearment)
    Personality: Mareep likes to play. He only gets statically charged when angry, and can be pet. Mareep is very, very, good at anagrams, but since nobody can understand him, he can't share... He likes licking electric plugs, as they are not dangerous to him. When he is real happy, his tail lights up. This is handy at night.

Other Information: He can tell time without looking at a clock. Sorry I can't insert a card right now...

RPG Sample:

SLAM!! The sound awoke me from my dream about fleas. It was an odd dream, where I kept seeing thousands of fleas on fleas. SLAM!! I quickly got dressed to see what the noise was.

"Mom?"

"What?" I noticed that her Drifloon was knocking over books from our immensely large shelf.

"Sorry, I thought you were making that noise..."

We stood in silence as the Drifloon happily floated back and forth. It then made a glass of lemonade, seeing as the jug and glass are the only things it can lift up.

"Drifloon!" It said happily, as it dropped the glass in my hand.

"Tom, you better get to the lab, they only have so many."

"So why do you want me to do this?" I asked. My Mom had suggested it in the first place.

"Listen, you know your Grandfather is busy, and maybe this way you can see him."

I did miss Pryce...

"Get going," My Mom said "I'm busy enough as it is. I need to stop the local council from banning a book, so I don't have much time either."

I grabbed my things and money, and left with little. I knew I would have to come home again, but it was nice to be independant enough to do this.

I walked outside into the nestled community. I marched over to the building hoping to get a Totodile. They were one of my favorites, and they were the most common starters.

"Where ya going?" Sarah popped out of nowhere

"AAUGH!" I leaped with fright. She could appear and dissapear more than a hyper Kecleon.

"I'm going to get my first Pokemon." I said, calming myself from the surprise

"Well take this," She handed me some Red and White spheres "You should probably use these instead of your Apricots."

"Thank you." I said matter of factly, and moved on

The town was big, but easy to walk through. We only had one real street, and it was mostly homes and a few stores. I walked into the lab to find it surround me as if it were eating me. I had been there once on a school trip, but this time it was filled with boxes.

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

I mus've been late. I'd feel bad without getting registered, but I'm sure Elm woudn't mind. I then noticed a note;

Whoever reads this, I'm sorry I'm not here. Just take a ball off the desk, and write your phone number next to it. Be back after Breakfast,

-Elm

I grabbed the heaviest one and walked out, eager to get out of the city I've never left.

Tell me what you think,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Okidoki, after all that confusion I'm just going to list everyone, to clear up things in my mind, as well as maybe yours. :D

Elekid - ShadowYashi
    Teddiursa - Wolfwhispers newly accepted.
    Gligar - Reserved by minator ninja, for now, as you were the only one to ask for more time, thanks!
    Poliwag - White lancer
    Hoppip - perfectmonster
    Aipom - Broadway newly accepted.
    Vulpix - Hospitaller
    Jigglypuff -
    Krabby - GDark08 newly accepted
    Mareep -

@ChrisTom: There's, I think, two more people who expressed their interest before you. I'll be contacting them first but if they don't want the last two spots, then Mareep is yours. So sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

To everyone who's accepted, if you see any errors with Pokemon, tell me. It's getting late. :)

Years
    Sure, I'll have a go.

NAME: Erik Walker

APPEARENCE: Erik has unusual Blue/Blackish hair that likes to be spikey, no matter how hard he tries to fix it. He has normal eyebrows, eyes color is gray, skin color pale, a Caucasian. Has a body build of an average 15-year-old, only more thinner than most.

Clothing would be Dark, Gothic clothing, that's his style. He wears a chain on his pants and wears a necklace of Ho-Oh for some unknown reason.

PERSONALITY: Erik is actually very cheerful, despite his appearance. However, in Battle Erik's "true self" awakens. He goes from being a happy go lucky teenager to a intelligent, amazing battler. Although he does lose sometimes though.

HISTORY: Erik's history is very vague. His home region is Kanto, but His parents left him in Johto when he was 2, so he has no memories of them, leaving his older brother, Gavin, who was 15 at the time. After he got a job in New Bark Town and bought a studio, Gavin then decided to hang up his Pokemon Trainer Career for good, only keeping his Spearow, Ace.

Years later, Erik now 12, can help Gavin with work. However, one night, while they were sleeping, both of them exhausted from work that day, a fire broke out in their Studio. Gavin died, and Erik was severely burned. However, the legendary Pokemon known as Celebi decided to help Erik by putting him back in time to stop the fire from happening. However, Erik discarded this encounter as a dream.

OTHER TRAITS: He likes to say encouraging things to his Pokemon while they battle or train. He also thinks a lot about his murky past.

STARTER: Jigglypuff
    Nickname: Powerpuff
    Personality: Powerpuff is a bit weird, even for a Jigglypuff. She likes to fight, and is very attached to her Trainer. She will get jealous if he catches any other female Pokemon, and is often fighting for his attention. She will always obey him, no matter how crazy the request is.

RPG Sample:

One day Erik Walker went to work, as usual. 'This stuff is boring, Gav, can I become a Pokemon Trainer?' Erik asked. But, the answer was always the same: 'You can the day I'm buried in to the Earth. Before that, Heck no.'

Erik sighed, wishing that his brother wasn't so against him being a Trainer. If there was one thing he wanted, it was that. He always dreamed of taking on The Pokemon Challenge and winning, but unfortunately his brother, as hard as a rock, would not budge one inch. So, he just pouted and went back to work.

After Erik finished working, he decided to check out Route 29 to take a walk. 'See ya Gav, I'll be back in a bit!' 'If you don't come back in one hour, I'm gonna lock you out tonight, got it?' 'Yeah yeah, whatever! See you!' And then Erik ran off. {That kid is as hyper as ever,} Gavin thought. 'Ace, look after Erik, okay?' Gavin said as he released his Pokemon from it's Poke Ball. 'Spear-ow! Spear-ow!' the bird Pokemon cried. It then flew off, in search of Erik.

After Erik went past the boundary between New Bark Town and Route 29, he knew that he had to avoid the tall grass at all costs, or a Pokemon could make quick work to him. So, he just walked, breathing in the smell of trees, which has always relaxed him. It always reminded him of when he was a toddler, taking in the smells of the Viridian Forest. Whenever he thought about his past, he always remembered his frustration when he heard that he and his brother had to move from Viridian City. Out of all the memories he had of Kanto, that was the most dominant. Erik then told himself to forget about his past, it brought nothing but pain but no matter how hard he tried, He could never forget his past.

Erik then unknowingly walks into the tall grass while he was thinking, accidently stepping on a Rattata. It became agitated, in anger it bit Erik on the leg. 'AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!' Erik screamed, as it's fangs sunk into his flesh. He kicked it with his good leg and started to run, but his injured leg caused him to fall down. He tried to get up, but than realized that the wild Rattata called it's buddies, causing Erik to become very afraid for his life.

He then tried to crawl away, but even more Rattata blocked his path, which made him completely encircled by Rattata. The purple rodents than began to run towards him, as Erik shut his eyes, preparing to die.......

* To be continued.......*

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Okidoki, after all that confusion I'm just going to list everyone, to clear up things in my mind, as well as maybe yours. :D

Elekid - ShadowYashi
    Teddiursa - Wolfwhispers newly accepted.
    Gligar - Reserved by minator ninja, for now, as you were the only one to ask for more time, thanks!
    Poliwag - White lancer
    Hoppip - perfectmonster
    Aipom - Broadway newly accepted.
    Vulpix - Hospitaller
    Jigglypuff -
    Krabby - GDark08 newly accepted
    Mareep -

@ChrisTom: There's, I think, two more people who expressed their interest before you. I'll be contacting them first but if they don't want the last two spots, then Mareep is yours. So sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

To everyone who's accepted, if you see any errors with Pokemon, tell me. It's getting late. :)

Thanks Breezy! I'm real excited, since this is my first RP. If I mess up please let me know, but I think for the most part I get it.

Also, If I can't get Mareep, is it okay if I get a Totodile? If not what about Magnemite, etc.,?

Just want to let you know that I am excited and will post as often as possible!

Years
    Hey Breezy, just so you know I can write better than that XD. It's just that I was tired last night, and I didn't want anyone to take Mareep. So yeah, I'll post something better later....

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    @Chris: If you can't get Mareep, then your only other choice is Jigglypuff. You have to choose from the set of starters available. Not to sound rude or like a mod or anything, but I'm just stating the obvious here.

Hey Breezy, will there be an OOC thread once we get started?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    @Chris: If you can't get Mareep, then your only other choice is Jigglypuff. You have to choose from the set of starters available. Not to sound rude or like a mod or anything, but I'm just stating the obvious here.

Hey Breezy, will there be an OOC thread once we get started?

Shadowyashi, that is anything but obvious first off.

Second off, how am I supposed to know that when EVERY SINGLE STARTER HAS THE WORD TAKEN NEXT TO IT??!

Don't make me look stupid! It's not obvious at all, most people would think that if they all had the words "taken" or "reserved" next to them, they can't have any!

Sorry....

I just had to let that out...

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    @ChrisTom - Forgive me, but it is kinda obvious. Everything has 'taken' or 'reserved' next to it other than Jigglypuff. So it's the only one left, and like Yashi said, the only one available for RPers.

Anyway, just to let you know:

@Breezy - Thanks for considering me, but I think I'll just let this one go. You have a good number of RPers here, and I don't want to add to the fuss :)

*I also don't really... like Jigglypuff >.<* :D <cough>

Thanks anyway :)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Alright, I'm not the mod or RP master, and I don't mean to sound controlling, but this thread is simply for RPing. If there are any questions that people have, VM or PM Breezy, or if its someone else, then given them a little message. We are filling this thread with spam, and while questioning something isn't wrong, this isn't the place to do it. So again, for Breezy's sake, VM him or wait until the OOC thread (where out of character wording is meant to be put), and stop asking questions here or arguing. (I am not pointing fingers).

Breezy, I will delete this once the RP has started.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I really hate to do this but since I obivously don't have the attention span, I'm droping my reservation. So I guess Gligar open now. Anyway, have fun everybody.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Woah.
    From all that, I'd firstly like to note I'm a girl. xD But that's okay Wolfwhispers. Secondly, everyone chill. This RP was made because I love RPing and I'd like to give others a chance to do just that. Thirdly, what's wrong with Jigglypuff...? :D

@Broadway: Awesome, the Aipom's all yours. I'd love to see one in a cape! Quite original.

@ChrisTom: Accepted with Mareep.

@RyoThePinnacleOfMasteryAndPerfection: ChrisTom beat you to the Mareep, sorry. So it's just the Jigglypuff & Gligar left. Let me know if you want her. :)

@ShadowYashi: The OOC thread will be posted after I'm done here. Too much spam, I know.

On that note, all this shizz about starters will be directed there after this, for the RP will be starting soon. Thankyou!

@perfectmonster: Good question, an OOC thread, or Out Of Character thread is where any questions or essentially 'Out of Character' talk goes on. The main role play is located here, the OOC in the Roleplay Corner. :)

@Zeph.: Thankyou for yer consideration!

@Minator Ninja: Very sorry about all the confusion, my apologies.

So with that, I'll be posting Pokemon stats and what not very soon, the first chapter not long after that. Thanks guys & keep yer pants on, yeah?

JIGGLYPUFF & GLIGAR ARE BOTH AVAILABLE.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back