• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto: The Future of Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Today was the day! Bree stood in the middle of New Bark Towns local playground, the little park that was usually littered with little kids, from ages 5 to 8, were nowhere to be seen at the moment. Perhaps she had come a bit too early. Bree was far to excited, so maybe that's why she had rushed over here with Girafarig after finishing the last of her daily run around town "Today is the last day I'll probably see these little kids" Bree thought with a soft smile as she ran her hand gently along Girafarig's pink spikes and in response he snorted lightly and twisted his neck to nudge her side with hiss nose "The brats are coming" he told her and she gave him a half-hearted disapproving look "That's not nice Girafarig" the Long Neck Pokémon just snorted again and rolled his eyes, while Bree just shook her head before glancing ahead, to see a group of kids running towards them, wide smiles on their faces, she pushed her glasses up from the tip of her nose "Right on schedule."

"
    Bree! Bree! Hi Bree!" Several cute chubby faces of all shapes, colors and sizes crowded around the teen and her Pokémon "Hey guys" she grinned cheerfully down at the little kids who came to her faithfully for left over sweet treats that their parents would often forbid "How are my favorite customers doing?" Girafarig winced and took a slight step back, when they were suddenly bombarded with a bunch of shrill shrieks from the kids, all of them trying to shout over one another to tell her about their day. Bree managed to make out that apparently Jessica liked Tommy, Sara manged to fall into a Dunsparce hole and Alex got a detention for trying to make a Caterpie String Shot Lisa. She just smiled as they all tried to explain their days, even though she only heard bits and pieces of it, they all fell silent however when one of the kids asked if it was true that she was really leaving town to start her own Pokémon journey.

Bree sheepishly responded with a yeah and the kids began to tear up at the sad news, but before they could cry, Bree pulled out the bag of treats from the sack Girafarig carried, the long necked Pokémon giving a sigh of relief when the kids instantly dried their crocodile tears, the last thing he wanted or needed was a bunch of brats blowing his ears off with their sniffing and sniveling "Now, now guys. No crying, or Bree won't give you guys the special treat she--" Girafarig snorted and Bree quickly corrected herself, scowling at the smirking quadruped "my mom made" she said with a roll of her eyes.

Reaching into the bag, Bree pulled out several multicolored mini-bags, that were filled to the brim with an assortment of sweet and tied together with cute Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu bows, and handed them out to each kid with a wink and a smile "Now don't tell your parents kids, or mine, otherwise they'd really kill me for giving you this stuff. It'll be our secret alright?" They all nodded and stuffed their treats in their little school bags and Bree grinned at the kids, it was time for her to get going, she had to drop Girafarig back off at the house and grab her stuff, already dressed in her travel outfit. Which consisted of her favorite sleeveless sky blue jacket, that had a hood attached, over a powdery graphic white shirt that read "Rebel" in artistically scrawled neon pink that went her chest. She on a pink thigh-length skirt, with shorts underneath and a rhinestone belt that had one side hanging at her hip and the other side drooped low, long knee length sky blue and white striped socks covered her legs along with white and pink sneakers for her feet.

"
    Now I gotta get going kids, so I'll see you when I come back okay!"

"
    We'll miss you Bree!" They chorused, tackling the girl to the ground as they all lunged to hug her, she accepted the hug with a wide smile her her face, moving her arms to wrap around each and every one of them to return the hug "Aww, I'm gonna miss you kids too!" she murmured into the tops of their heads "But don't worry, when I get back, I'll have a whole bunch of Pokémon with me and I'll let you guys meet them!" She released them from the hug and stood up, brushing the dirt from the back of her skirt and moving to stand beside Girafarig, his back already turned to head back home, a small smile gracing the Pokemon's features, even though at times he thought them annoying, especially when they liked to climb him and ride him like a Ponyta or pull at his horns and tail, the little brats had grown on him and now since Bree was going away, he wouldn't really be seeing them much, since this little detour wasn't along the regular route. The girl would often stop by the park out of her own will to interact with the kids and bring them left over treats, despite the protests of her parents and the kids' parent's as well. It was going to feel odd, doing the run all his lonesome, without the company of the girl whom he had watch grow up from a babbling bundle of flesh, the only other times Girafarig would do the run by himself, was when she would get sick, but even then he would see her as soon as he got home, but now...

Now she was all grown up and going off on her own journey. Girafarig felt old. The Long Neck Pokémon sighed softly, before blinking out of his stupor from the light tap at his back Bree was grinning at him, a playful glint in her eyes as she took off running "C'mon old timer! I'll race you home!" Girafarig snorted, he'd show her, before taking off with a quick burst off speed from his Agility, easily passing Bree by with a cocky neigh "Aww no fair cheater!" Bree laughed as they race all the way back home, Girafarig ultimately winning in the end.

Her parents were standing at the door. Both had smiles on their faces as they watched Girafarig gallop towards the house with Bree clinging to his neck, slightly soaked and a wide grin splitting her face, it had began to drizzle lightly during their run back to the house "Hey Mom! Hey Dad! Finished all the deliveries, I'm ready to head on over to the Professor's now" once he made it onto the lawn, she slid off his back and stood before both her parents, taking her brown messenger bag from her mother, Anna, who smiled "Do you have everything you need Bree?" Bree nodded and shrugged her bag across her shoulder, opening the flap and double-checking for everything she packed "I'm all set! I've got my wallet, my clothes, toiletries, snacks. . .?"

"
    Think of it as a little going away present" James, her father grinned and placed his palm atop her head, ruffling the messy strands of brown that managed to escape her side ponytail "You could give some to your Pokémon" Bree gave a dramatic groan while moving from under her dad's hand and fixing her mussed hair "As if I don't smell like a walking pastry enough. Thanks Dad, Mom." She glanced at both her parents before moving to hug them tightly "I'll make sure to call when I can" she mumbled pulling away, glancing at Girafarig, who stared evenly back "You better take good care of the customers Girafarig." He snorted lightly and shook his head in response, his mental prowess poking lightly at the back of her mind "Take care of yourself Bree, be careful" Bree nodded and hugged Girafarig just as tightly as she did her parents and he nuzzled her cheek before she pulled away, whispering softly "I will, no need to worry!" Shrugging her bag so it would rest comfortably at her hip and adjusting the strap so it wouldn't bite into her shoulder, Bree took one last glance at her home, her parents and Girafarig, before she headed towards Professor Walsh's Lab.

It hadn't taken long for her to reach the laboratory, she was feeling slightly nervous while standing before the lab's door, her first Pokémon, how exciting. Unable to help herself, Bree grinned and then without further ado, she knocked three times on the door loudly, Bree waited for a few moments before the door swung open and there stood Derek Walsh, the middle aged man smiled pleasantly down at Bree and she returned his smile with a tiny wave "Uhh Hi! I'm Bree Greene, I saw your ad about wanting Pokémon Trainers, so I'm here to pick up a Pokémon!"

"
    I figured as much, please do come in" he ushered for her to come inside, which she happily obliged following him obediently as he led her to where the Pokémon and other essentials she would be needing for the journey were held "On this table here, is where you will pick out your Pokémon. It's the only one left, so you don't have much of a choice" the Professor gestured to the table that only had one Pokéball on it, all the other slots were empty and she assumed that some other people had came and taken them "I hope I wasn't left with a corny Pokémon" she couldn't help but think before glancing at the remaining ball on the table, while Professor Walsh rummaged around the lab. The Pokéball had a name engraved on it, and the date which it was caught, Bree's eyes ran quickly over the ball, it read Elekid "Guess I came a bit too late" she thought before picking up Elekid's Pokéball and pressed the white button in the middle, releasing the creature right in front of Professor Walsh, who had just come back over.

"
    Bibibiiiiii!" The Elekid stretched its arms and yawned loudly before it blinked up at Bree, not recognizing the girl's face, she wasn't the Professor. "Bi. . . Bi?" Bree smiled softly at Elekid, she squatted down low and waved the the electric type "Hey there Elekid, I'm Bree and I'm gonna be your new trainer!" Elekid's eyes widened slightly, before it cried out and whirled around, making its way to hide behind the Professor's leg, looking up shyly at Bree "Bibibi..."

"
    No need to be shy Elekid, she's not going to hurt you" he smiled down at the Elekid huddled against his leg before walking towards Bree and handing her 5 Pokéballs and a Pokédex "Here's a set of Pokéballs and your very own Pokédex, it acts not only as your ID, but it also has various little applications and things and it also can scan your Pokémon so you'll know what attacks it has, like so. . ." Walsh took the dex back briefly and held it in front of Elekid, on the screen then popped up the Pokémon's stats, it was a Male, with a Modest nature and knew the moves Leer and Quick Attack.

It also suddenly came to life.

Elekid
    The Electric Pokémon.
    Elekid waves its arms to produce a strong electrical charge and gains strength when lightning is present.

After the Pokédex finished the entry, Professor Walsh handed the encyclopedia back to Bree, who placed it in her bag, she then glanced at Elekid, who was still hiding behind the Professor "Oh, C'mon Elekid, I'm not scary" Elekid just stared at her unsure and Bree looked slightly saddened, how was she supposed to get this little guy to trust her. "Hey. . . I know!" Bree began to rummaged around her bag for the bag of snack her parents had given her, she found it with a triumphant shout and then pulled out a Girafarig shaped cookie "Hey Elekid, you like cookies?" Bree held out the treat towards Elekid, who slowly stepped out from behind the Professor and sniffed the cookie cautiously, taking it into his hands and studying it "Your supposed to eat it silly, not sniff it" she giggled, taking out another one and eating it herself. Seconds later Elekid followed her lead and slowly nibbled at the cookie, his eyes widening at the flavor "Bibibibiiiii"

"
    Awesome! Do you like it"

"
    Bibibi"

Elekid nodded and Bree grinned "Well, there's more where that came from, all you gotta do is trust me! Do you trust me Elekid" Elekid glanced at Bree as he finished off his cookie, weighing his options. On one side, he could stay with the Professor at the lab, but on the other side there was an odd girl with really good cookies. . . "Bibibi!" Elekid nodded, why not go with the girl who had cookies and would probably take him on strange adventures "Great! I'm sure we'll be great friends" Elekid said nothing, he still didn't trust her yet. . . even if she did give him cookies "Want another cookie?" he just nodded and took the cookie she offered.

"
    Will you nickname him?" Professor Walsh spoke up and Bree looked at the older man, standing up and glancing thoughtfully at Elekid "A nickname...? Hmm, how about Buzz? You know, like Electabuzz." Elekid blinked before nodding slowly, Buzz sounded nice "Bibi. . .bi."

"
    Well, I guess we have to go now, right Professor?" Walsh nodded "Cherrygrove City is your next destination"

"
    Okay, the lets get going to Cherrygrove! C'mon Buzz!" Bree whirled around and began making her way towards the exit, but she stopped upon noticing that Buzz wasn't following, just glancing unsurely at the Professor, who was motioning for him to go, and Bree who sighed and pulled out the bag of cookies, watching as Buzz's eyes lit up at the sight of the snack. Bree smiled slyly "If you don't C'mon Buzz, I'll eat all the cookies" she sang while moving towards the door.

"
    Bibibi!" That was a low blow. Buzz, without a second though quickly followed after Bree, who laughed as they exited the lab, Buzz couldn't help himself, he smiled a tiny bit too but outright grinned when she tossed him another cookie "Bibibi!" He munched on it happily and Bree smiled slightly "Well, even if he doesn't fully trust me yet, its a start. . ." Their next stop was Route 29, then onto Cherrygrove City!

Last edited:
    Years
    Having been blindsided with the prospect of joining the Pokémon league just the day before, Mark found himself completely unprepared. That was a feeling he couldn't stand to have, and so he had stayed up late into the night, researching every aspect of the Pokémon leagues of the past--structure (a series of gym battles), history (it's origins as well as recent developments), preparations (the provisions and tools he should pack), geography (especially terrain that could be difficult), Pokémon (specifically those that he was likely to encounter), and the practices and tips of previous Champions, among other things. He even looked up the weather forecasts, so he was prepared for the drizzle that may have caught other trainers off guard. If he was going to do this, he reasoned, he may as well do it right. Now that he was committed, Mark was determined to be a contender, and the best way to prepare for that was through information. He was betting that his research skills and intelligence would give him an advantage over everyone else.

Mark did not mind doing the research; indeed, unlike just about every other kid his age, he actually enjoys it more often than just about anything else, except for what a normal individual would call leisure reading (although to Mark just about any reading is for leisure). Still, even for someone with his reading skills, research was time-consuming, and as such he got barely any sleep. He had intended to get up early so he could get a head start on the competition, or even to simply not go to sleep that night, but as he sat in front of his computer screen, reading about Red's ascension to the title of Pokémon League Champion, his heavy eyelids sank down and he drifted away.

Hours later, the curtains of his eyelids lifted away, revealing the dreary gray light streaming through the windows. Groggily, he glanced at the computer screen, continuing to read the article before his eyes wandered over to the clock in the corner of the screen. He blinked a few times, not at first comprehending the significance of those numbers, when suddenly it hit him. With a gasp, Mark leaped from his chair, sending it toppling backward, and rushed to the kitchen, where he wolfed down a bagel so fast he nearly choked. He rushed to the bathroom, brushing his teeth, taking a quiz shower, and throwing on his clothes, a pair of gray sweats and a black T-shirt, covered by a brown hooded sweatshirt. After lacing up his white tennis shoes, Mark grabbed his pack and ran downstairs, taking them two at a time, but coming to a sudden stop at the bottom when he heard movement in the living room. His parents. Ugh.

The door was right there--he could leave right now without even passing within view of the living room. He wouldn't have to deal with them at all, if he didn't want to. They deserved it, after forcing him to go on this journey, and Mark was sorely tempted.

But ultimately, he knew he would come to regret it if he left without saying goodbye, so he grudgingly walked into the living room to face his parents. They each embraced him without speaking--none of them wanted to acknowledge the elephant in the room, that the terms on which they were parting were less than great. Still, the tears in his mother's eyes drew Mark to give them a sincere smile, one he certainly hadn't felt when entering the room, and he knew that his anger wouldn't last.

"Good luck, kid," his father said simply, placing a hand on Mark's shoulder as he turned around to head to the door.

"We love you," his mother answered softly, tentatively, as if worried that he wouldn't return the sentiment.

Mark turned around, his eyes closed, and took a deep breath before mustering up a smile and saying, "I love you, too." And with that, he was out the door, ready to face the adventures he was being forced to face.

It was only a short walk to the Professor's laboratory--New Bark Town was, after all, a small town--and Mark covered the distance quickly on foot. He hesitated before entering--how would they feel about his tardiness?--but, to his relief, he met only smiles as he entered the lab. The Professor walked over to him and shook his hand warmly.

"Welcome, welcome! You must be one of our new trainers."

"Well, yes, I suppose so."

"Splendid. My name is Professor Derek Walsh. If you'll follow me?"

Mark nodded and followed after the scientist into the back room, where he was shown a table with several Poké Balls--more than just his one, so it appeared he was not the only one who was late. Beaming, Walsh picked one up from the table and handed it to him.

"Here it is, the Poliwag you signed up for! I must say, he's quite the lively little one. You'll have fun with him, I'm sure."

Unsure of what to say to that, Mark simply nodded and waited, wondering if that was it. He had been expecting something a bit more...ceremonious...but he supposed that was what he got for showing up late. After waiting for a few seconds in an awkward silence, the Professor's smile slipped a little, as though wondering what was wrong with this trainer--after all, he was probably expecting a little more excitement--and he turned around, picking up five Poké Balls and a Pokédex from a nearby table. Turning, he handed them to Mark, who glanced over them curiously. He hadn't realized this was part of the deal.

"The Poké Balls, as you might know, are used for catching Pokémon. It's relatively simple; all you have to do is battle the wild Pokémon with your own to weaken it, and then throw the Poké Ball. As for this device, it is what is called a Pokédex. It can be used for storing information on Pokémon as well as..."

As the Professor continued with his explanation of the Pokédex, Mark allowed his thoughts to wander, as he often did when adults were talking. He knew what a Pokédex was and was aware of its basic uses, and he looked forward to figuring out how to use it on his own. His thoughts were occupied instead by thoughts of the other trainers on this journey: were they very far ahead? A couple of hours' head start wouldn't really matter much over the course of a journey spanning months, right? But what if he couldn't catch them? He wasn't exactly an outdoorsman, after all, and he might have needed that head start just to keep up, for even with his presumably superior knowledge, his lack of any real athletic ability was likely to slow him down. But then, it didn't matter how fast he completed the gym challenge, as long as he completed it and made it to the Pokémon League. Right?

"...and what it eats. By the way, are you sure you want to carry all of that around?"

The Professor's question jolted Mark out of his train of thoughts, and he stared at him with a bewildered expression. "Um, what?"

"Your pack looks rather heavy. I'd suggest you take only what you need--anything extra will only slow you down."

"Uh, well, I wouldn't want to be without any of it--"

"Here, let me take a look."

Reluctantly, Mark handed over his pack, and the Professor unzipped it on the table, revealing its contents: snacks, water, $100 in spending money from his parents, a couple of Potions, a notebook and writing utensil for recording observations or thoughts, bug spray, sunscreen, a couple of changes of clothes, and whatever else he could procure on such short notice that might come in handy on the trip. And books. Lots and lots of books. Mark had known that it wasn't practical to bring so many, but he had examined each and every one of those and had decided that he couldn't bear to live without them. But judging by the bemused expression on the Professor's face, he certainly thought otherwise.

"Surely you don't expect to have time to read all of these on your journey, do you?"

"Um, well, I wanted to have them on hand in case, you know, I got in the mood for one..." And don't call me Shirley, he wanted to add, but he didn't know how the Professor would react.

Derek Walsh shook his head and began to pull the books out of the backpack, stacking them into piles on the table. "Here. You're only going to need a few of these--take a couple of favorites, and I'll get the rest back to your parents." His tone was friendly but left no doubt in Mark's mind that he wasn't going to change his mind. Mark could have argued, and would have, too, but in the back of his mind, he knew that Walsh was right, and it made it easier for him to leave some behind if he was "forced" to. Mark hesitated, then went through the piles of books, picking out three--The Lord Of The Rings, The Testament, and Ender's Game--and grudgingly moving the rest of the books aside. He was not about to budge, however, when Walsh suggested he leave his handheld gaming systems here, and after a few moments of stony silence, Walsh relented.

"Very well, then, I guess you're all packed. Have you thought about giving a name to your Poliwag?"

"Um, no, I haven't. Should I?"

"A lot of trainers do. It makes the Pokémon feel more unique. Think about it."

Mark nodded, then allowed Walsh to lead him out of the laboratory. Once outside and alone, Mark withdrew the Poké Ball containing the Poliwag from his belt and released the Pokémon, who looked at him expectantly. Mark stared at him for a few moments, and then a smile spread across his face.

"I've got it. Your name is Jonah."

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Awesome posts everyone! Except..

@ChrisTom: Please edit/delete your second post as it ain't time to capture Pokemon yet. Not sure what gave you that incentive, as I never even posted anything about Pokemon you could capture. Please read in the future. And Dunsparce don't even appear on route 29, if I remember correctly. And I should, G/S/C is my favourite generation.

@Everyone: Next chapter will be up later tonight or tomorrow my time. Thanks!

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Johto: The Future Of Adventure
    "Good Pokemon, Bad Pokemon. That is only selfish perception of people.
    Good trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Chapter Two: The Pokedex Knows All
    No. of Posts: 1-2
    Pokemon Appearances:

Pidgey
    Common
    Levels 3-5
    Tackle, Sand Attack

Rattata
    Common
    Levels 2-5
    Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Sentret
    Uncommon
    Levels 3-4
    Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl

Hoothoot
    Rare due to the fact that all of you leave during the day. Common at night.
    Level 5
    Tackle, Growl, Foresight

Hoppip
    Uncommon
    Levels 3-5
    Splash, Synthesis

Spearow
    Common
    Level 5
    Peck, Growl, Leer

Geodude
    Common
    Levels 3-4
    Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport

Poliwag
    Rare
    Levels 3-5
    Water Sport, Bubble

*All attacks depend upon the level of the Pokemon, attacks listed last are for higher leveled Pokemon. Your capture of the Pokemon relies heavily on the rarity of the Pokemon you are capturing. Rarer Pokemon equals better post. As usual, end the post with the ball rolling around on the ground, something like that.

~​

Blue skies roll overhead, the grass moves about, regrettably grounded to the earth whilst rogue leaves abandon their mother trees to dance in the wind.

Route 29 may be one of the only few accessible connections between New Bark Town, the original birthplace of Johto's trainers and the next small city of Cherrygrove but it is obviously much more than that. Many past trainers have managed to capture their very first Pokemon on this route as it is filled with a number of Pokemon, not an abundance but enough for trainers to get by.

The route was significant in the rise of many past trainers as it was in this very route that, even though they may have gotten lost, chased by angry Spearow flocks or suffered because of terrential rain, trainers made a connection with their Pokemon that lasted on after the moment arrived when they stood on the pedestal in the center of an arena, side by side.

Years
    Chapter 2

Chapter 2~ Battling Basics

Since Erik was the first to get his Pokemon, he was also the first one to see what was outside of New Bark Town.

Route 29 was different than New Bark Town, trees grew taller here, it wasn't as windy, and grass grew wilder here, meaning that Wild Pokemon live here.

But, since Erik has a Pokemon of his own, he doesn't worry about this at all. But Powerpuff was a bit getting on his nerves. She liked sitting on top of his head, whether he liked it or not.

"Okay, can you please get off?" He asked her.

But as usual, she shook her head, and looked at the sky once again.

Erik sighed, and wondered how his brother ever bonded with his Spearow.

Erik saw other Trainers leaving after him, except taking different paths than him.

His first goal before all others was to become the Pokemon Champion, and visit Ercuteak City. He was very interested in the Legend of The Legendary Beasts...and Ho-Oh, as well as Lugia. Anything Legendary was of his forte.

But first things first: Catch a Pokemon or see what Powerpuff could do.

So, Erik did a little trick his brother used to do when he was a Trainer: Get out some Pokefeed(Pokemon Food) and set it under a tree and watch them come.

So he did that, and what'd you know, 3 minutes later a purple mouse Pokemon came to inspect the food.

"Powerpuff, go!" He yelled, throwing her from his head. She simply bounced on the ground, and yelled "Jiggly!" at him.

"Well that's what you get for being on my head. Now, use...oh wait...." Erik took out the Poke Dex to scan the purple rodent.

RATTATA
    THE MOUSE POKEMON
    TYPE(S): NORMAL
    Living wherever there is food available, it ceaselessly scavenges for edibles the entire day.

"A Rattata, huh? Powerpuff, use Tackle!" Erik yelled.

Powerpuff didn't do anything. Instead she just looked at him dumbfounded.

"Okay....Oh right! I forgot!" Erik said, taking out his Poke Dex once again to see what moves Powerpuff knew.

POWERPUFF(JIGGLYPUFF), Lv. 5.

TYPE(S): NORMAL

OT: ERIK WALKER

MET AT NEW BARK TOWN AT Lv. 5

DOCILE NATURE

LIKES TO RELAX

MOVEPOOL:

SING - A soothing lullaby is sung in a calming voice that puts the foe into a deep slumber.

DEFENSE CURL - The user curls up to conceal weak spots and raise its Defense stat.

"I see...you can't attack...that's a problem..." Erik said.

While Erik was thinking, the Wild Rattata tackled Powerpuff, sending her flying into a tree.

"What the-," Erik said startled, but stopped when he saw the wild Rattata was about to attack again. "Powerpuff, use Defense Curl!" He yelled.

Powerpuff curled into a tight ball, making it so that the wild Rattata would only bounce off of her, not injuring her at all.

"Now, Sing!" Erik commanded.

Powerpuff uncurled, and then she sang a beautiful solo, as the Rattata listened. It was unaware that it's body was slowly becoming relaxed, until it was asleep.

"Now, a Poke Ball!" Erik yelled, throwing a Poke Ball at the sleeping Pokemon.

It went inside as red energy, as the ball shook. It shook from side to side, as Erik hoped to capture his first Pokemon on the first try, until then....

TO BE CONTINUED...​

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    I see we may have a problem... If your Pokemon doesn't know any proper physical attacks, a post detailing a small amount of training may help and allow your starter to learn a simple attack such as Tackle or Scratch.

@Ryo: Erik successfully captured Rattata! Level 2, Male.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    "So you're my pokemon," Jen mused as she stared down at the small, teddy bear like pokemon. It blinked up at her and placed a single claw in its mouth and made a sucking noise.

"Teddiursa?"

Jen sighed and leaned back as she folded her arms. This thing didn't look like much, and to say that she was disappointed was an understatement. Some small, childish part of her brain had been hoping for a Skarmory, just like her brother, but she got this thing? A Teddiursa, or so her pokedex told her. It was small and, well, just plain cute. It was fit for some type of girlie girl, and Jen was most certainly not one of those.

"So... what can you do?" Jen asked, staring down at her curious looking pokemon.

Again it made a sucking noise before tilting its head. "Tedi?"

Jen grumbled. "Ya know - can you battle?" Again it tilted its head, but even farther this time. Thoroughly annoyed, Jen glanced around, trying to spot a passing trainer, but there was nobody out in the field except a Sentret. It was busy scrounging through bushes, but it was an opponent nonetheless. "Come on," Jen gestured, pointing at the normal type. "Let's see what you can do."

Wary, the bear cub lumbered forward. "Ursa," it said, and at the sound of its voice the striped tailed pokemon turned around with a hiss. Jen was impressed by the ferocity of this wild pokemon.

"Yea!" she called. "Try to be like that!"

Again, still wary, Teddiursa lifted the corner of his lip to expose a large canine and growled, but with his thumb in his mouth, it just looked ridiculious. "Ursa!"

Sentret was not impressed. "Sent!" it cried, charging forward with its tail flailing behind it. "Sent sen!" With a snarl, the tiny paws lashed out, striking against Teddiursa's side with enough force to send it reeling back.

"Uursa urse!" Teddiursa cried, shocked by the sudden attack.

"Don't just stand there!" Jen snapped. "Attack it back!"

Teddiursa finally removed his thumb and took on a fierce look that actually surprised Jen. She blinked in surprise as the cubs mouth fell open in a snarl before it brough its paws up. It was gonna attack! "Tes... ursa!"

Jen blanched, completely shocked as crocodile tears poured out of her pokemon's eyes. The poor excuse for a pokemon was bawling, paws rubbing at his soiled cheeks and body shaking. "Tret..." the Sentret said uncertainly, body shifting to one of despair and irritation. It obviously didn't know what to do in this situation and backed up a few steps.

Teddiursa, throughout his bawling, peeked open one eye and, again to Jen's shock, but this time moreso, a sneer spread across its face. "Ursa!" it roared, charging forward at a shocked Sentret. "Teddiursa!" With a valiant swipe of its claws, Sentret now had four claw lines on its stomach where the small, but very vicious, claws raked against its skin.

"Sentret!" the normal type cried, rolling back and standing on its tail in shock. It rubbed at the wound, now more than just a little wary.

"Nice one!" Jen called. "I had no idea you had it in you!"

"Ursa!" Teddiursa cried happily, waving to his trainer happily.

"No time to get distracted," Jen called back with a grin. "Use another Scratch while I check this out." With a battle cry, Teddiursa once again charged while Jen pulled out her pokedex to discover what it was her previously thought useless pokemon had done.

Fake Tears: Feigns crying to sharply reduce Sp. Defense.

Oh, so that explains it. Those tears were simply a distraction so that Teddiursa could attack. Jen grinned widely at the thought as she saw the young cub pokemon swipe furiously at Sentret, the normal type dodging each one with a loud gasp that was getting louder and louder.

"Tret!" Sentret growled, trying her chance at Scratching her opponent, but with a furious growl, Teddiursa swung his own claws out and, with a small clang, the four pairs of claws met in midair. Teddiursa bared his fangs at Sentret as she glared back just as angrily.

"Don't give in," Jen said boldly, holding a fist and staring at the battle intently. She bit at her lip as she watched the pokemon struggle against each other to gain the upper hand, but it seemed like neither were about to give in. Then, suddenly, she smirked. "Lick!" she cried.

With a startled look, for Teddiursa had been so preoccupied with his opponent that he forgot about his trainer, Teddiursa suddenly grinned widely. "Ursa!" he sang tauntingly, leaning his face close to a surprised Sentret "Ted!" Not even giving his fellow normal type a chance, Teddiursa's thick tongue shot out and licked every inch of Sentret's face.

"Senter!" Sentret cried, finally letting go and stumbling back, only to wince as it felt itself become paralyzed, though she presumed it was more out of shock than the actual shock.

"This is it! Finish it with Scratch!" Jen cried, pointing a commanding finger at the disgusted pokemon as it twitched.

Teddiursa nodded to his trainer before puffing up to look more intimdating as he ran forward, claws glinting in the sunlight. "Teddiursa!" With that final cry, and a vicious swipe that was more powerful than Jen though her pokemon could do, Sentret was sent flying where it rolled into a pitiful heap and went into an unconcious slump.

Jen's grin could have split her face as she grabbed her pokemon in a one armed hug and all but noogied the living daylights out of him. "You were amazing!" she gushed.

Teddiursa smiled widely as his thumb once again found its place in his mouth. "Ursa."

"And this is just the beginning." Jen's grin was becoming absolutely cocky as turned toward the next town. "This is just the beginning of our victories!"

"Teddiursa!" the bear cub cried, just as eagerly as the two walked off with determination.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Chapter 2: Hoothoots and Evil Trees​

Leonardo ran out of New Bark Town with Hoppip floating along over is head and high spirits. Before he had left, Leo had tied a thin rope around Hoppip's leg and attatched it to his bag, to stop it from disappearing. The drizzle was long gone and had given way to a nice blue sky with puffy white clouds. The breeze was blowing leaves everywhere. Tall grass grew over the ground, concealing many Pokemon, Leo thought.
    Hoppip gleefuly cried out from above him, happily bobbing around his head.
    'You seem to be really glad to be out of that lab.' mused Leo, in return, Hoppip answered him by jumping on his head and propelling itself high up into the air. Leo looked up after it, still running. 'Wow, that was a great ju-'

CRACK.

Leo collapsed to the ground in front of the tree that he had run into, out cold.
    When Leo finally came to and the dizzeness was gone, he felt panicked when he realised that is was dark, and stars littered the sky. Hoppip was standing next to him and gave a relieved sigh, before rubbing against him and dumping some berries on his chest.
    'Thanks!' Leo said as he and Hoppup scoffed them down. His head hurt like hell, but the pain was fading fast. As he reached for his last berry though, a dark shape swooped down from a tree and snatched it.
    'Hey, give that back!' yelled Leo. 'Hoppip, use Tackle on the tree!' Hoppip rammed into the tree and it shook violently. A cry was heard and a Hoothoot fell out of the tree and fell onto the ground. 'Wow, a Hoothoot!' Leo pulled out his Pokedex and scanned it as it frantically searched for it's berry.

HOOTHOOT
    THE OWL POKEMON
    HOOTHOOT STANDS ON ONE LEG, BUT USES BOTH IT'S POWERFUL EYES TO SEE CLEARLY EVEN THROUGH THE DARKEST NIGHT.
    TYPES: NORMAL AND FLYING

'Sounds cool!' said Leo. 'Ok Hoppip, use Tackle again!' Hoppip rammed the Pokemon which was unaware of the oncoming attack. It stumbled back and instantly retaliated with an equally fierce tackle that sent Hoppip flying up into the air. 'Come on Hoppip, show it how hard you can hit!' Hoppip bounced off a tree and propelled itself into the Hoothoot, so hard that it flew right back, hooting all the way. it hit the same tree that had "attacked" Leo earlier and bounced back up.
    As the tree shook behind it, the Hoothoot used a growl attack, and Hoppip had it's energy sapped. Right then, a few apricots fell out of the tree and hit the Hoothoot on the head, dazing it just long enough for Leo to throw a pokeball. The Hoothoot dissapeared inside with a burst of red light, and it fell to the ground, rolling around and ringing dimly as Leo and Hoppip looked on...

Last edited:
    Years
    Chapter 3 ~ Training and Trainers

Thanks Breezy. Makes things MUCH easier.

Chapter 3: Training and Trainers

....The Ball stopped, meaning the Rattata was captured. Erik shouted happily, as he picked up the Poke Ball containing his new teammate.

One thing he noticed was different was that the Poke Ball now had an engraving, that said "Rattata, OT Erik Walker". Curious about what that meant, he used the Poke Dex, using it's Encyclopedia App browsing many articles until he found what he was looking for.

Topic: Poke Balls
    Article: 12
    Title: Occupied Poke Balls

"Poke Balls can only hold one Pokemon per ball. When that Pokemon is captured, a special engraving is put on it, saying which Pokemon, and which Trainer it belongs to, in order to prevent confusion with other Trainers. Most Trainers however use numbers, from 1 to 6 to distinguish which Pokemon to send out for faster usage."

"Ah, that makes sense." Erik said, putting away his Poke Dex.

"Jiggly?" Powerpuff said, walking over towards Erik.

"Come on Powerpuff. Cherrygrove City is still far. Besides, we might get to meet some other Trainers up ahead, so come on." He picked his Pokemon and this time allowed her to be on top of his head.

And so he walked, amazed by how many Pokemon were on this Route. He saw a flock of Pidgey fighting a nearby group of Spearow for territory, Sentret running up trees, and Rattata gnawing on wood to sharpen their teeth. He now knew that New Bark Town was too bland, Routes definitly had more going on everyday.

Once Erik got to a tree stump, he decided it was time to train.

"Go, Rattata!" He yelled. He threw the Poke Ball with a "2" on it, and a burst of light came out of it as it hit the ground. Once the light cleared, a purple mouse was on the ground, and scowled at Erik.

"You're still mad about me capturing you?" He asked. The Rattata only made a "Hmph!" sound, as it turned it's back on him.

"But I still captured you, so I guess you gotta listen to me or I won't feed you..."

As soon as Erik said that, the Rattata made a gasping sound, and then Erik knew it's weakness.

"That's right. Either my way or the highway without food, my friend." Erik said, grinning.

The Rattata growled, than made some noise as if it was cursing him and then sighed, knew that it lost this argument.

"Okay then. I think I'll name you....Fang!" Erik said, as the Rattata nodded.

"Okay then...what can you do..." He used the Poke Dex's Pokemon App to examine Fang.

Fang(RATTATA), Lv. 2 Male

TYPE(S): Normal

ABILITIE(S):

Run away: Enables sure getaway from wild Pokémon.

Guts: Boosts Attack if there is a status problem.

OT: Erik Walker

Met at Route 29 at Lv. 2

CHARACTERISTICS:

Quirky Nature

Alert to sounds

MOVEPOOL:

Tackle: A physical attack in which the user charges and slams into the foe with its whole body.

Tail Whip: The user wags its tail cutely, making the foe less wary. The target's Defense stat is lowered.

"Okay. Fang, use Tackle on that tree!" Erik commanded, pointing at a tree in front of him.

Fang simply ran towards it, and tackled it hard. Although Fang hit it hard, the tree simply quivered a little, dead leaves falling down. Fang jumped back, for Erik and Powerpuff to see that Fang had left a rather large dent in the tree.

"Maybe you overdid it a little..." Erik said, laughing a little. Fang just grinned.

Erik was about to say something else when someone yelled over to him "Hey you! Wanna battle?"

Erik looked behind him to see a boy with a blue cap, shorts and a orange stripped t-shirt.

"Do I know you...?"

"Nope. I'm Joey, and I wanna battle! Come on, are you scared?" The little boy sneered.

Erik judged that the kid was at least 10 years old, and than Erik sighed, and decided it was to test out his Pokemon's strength.

"Fine. How many?"

"1! One-on-one! Are you ready?"

"Fine, whatever. Go, Fang!"

"Pidgey, show this guy who's boss!"

Both Trainers threw their Poke Balls(Erik returned Fang), as two bright flashes came out, lighting up the Route and startling Pokemon, as they moved away from that area. They knew a battle was about to start.

On Joey's side, a plump like bird that squawked "Pidgeeeeeeeeeey!", making Erik take out his Poke Dex.

PIDGEY,
    The Tiny Bird Pokemon
    Type(s): Normal/Flying
    It usually hides in tall grass. Because it dislikes fighting, it protects itself by kicking up sand.

"Okay, so I'm dealing with a bird. Fang, let's go! Use Tackle!" Erik yelled.

Fang said "Ratta!", as he ran over towards Joey's Pidgey. It tackled the Tiny Bird Pokemon, as it shrieked as it flew.

"Pidgey! Take advantage of being in the air and use Tackle on that rat!" Joey yelled.

Listening to it's Trainer's orders, Pidgey used it's wings to propel itself at Fang, sending Fang flying into a tree.

"Crap. Fang, Tail Whip'em!" Erik yelled.

Fang got up, and than wagged it's tail at the Pidgey, lowering it's Defense.

"Now, Tackle!"

Fang than ran towards Pidgey and tackled it at full force, obviously angry about before. Since Pidgey's defense was lowered, the attack did more damage, and Pidgey rolled on the ground to her Trainer's feet, defeated.

"NO! How can this be possible?!?!" Joey yelled, picking up his Pokemon.

Erik knew it was bad to laugh, especially at the loser of anything, but he snickered a little, thinking about how easy it was.

Than, a little beeping sound came from the Poke Dex, as it said "You have defeated Trainer Joey. You get $5."

"Oh yeah, beating a Trainer means you get $ from them. Sweet." Erik said, as he was about to leave.

"Good job Fang. I have a feeling that the Violet City Gym Leader will be a piece of cake." He said, as Fang grinned when he went inside of the Poke Ball.

"Oh yeah, kid?" Erik called over, as the sobbing Trainer looked at him.

"Next time, don't be so arrogant, okay? You're not invincible." Erik said to him, leaving the Trainer and his fainted Pidgey.

Looks like I'm gonna have lots of adventures,Erik thought, as he walked towards Cherrygrove City.

To be continued....​

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    @ Wolfwhispers: Yay Teddiursa! :D
    @ perfectmonster: Leo successfully captured a Hoothoot! Level 5, Male. I laughed when I read that Leo tied Hoppip's leg to his bag. I would have done that too. :]
    @Ryo: Great battle post! Fang grew to level 4! (Up two levels)
    @Christom: If you're sure... ?

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Squire walked next to Jethro and didn't stray. He almost marched, his serious expression scanning the surroundings, his big ears twitching at any noise from off the path.

"The intrepid team on their first path out into the great world are met with a grand expanse of landscape," Jethro said to himself. Squire glanced up at him curiously, and Jethro just smiled back. "My friend, look at these magnificent trees, these broad rich meadows!" Jethro gestured widely with his arms at the perfectly ordinary surroundings, different from the trees and grass at home only in that there weren't a bunch of houses all over the place.

Though, that on its own was kind of exciting. He'd been excited to leave, excited before he left, and now he really had left and it felt different, knowing he was really out away from home, with a friend he'd only just met.

He moved over to the edge of the path, where grasses grew nearly waist high for the next few hundred yards, and put his hand out, brushing over the tops and tickling his palm. Squire followed, watching him for a second, and then fell in behind him, his little arms still at his side, but his tail rising to brush the grass in the same way.

"Rrraaaa!" the growl was the only warning, and then the impact of something warm and strong hit Jethro in the side and sent him sprawling flat out on the road. Winded and slightly dazed, he was barely aware he'd managed not to lose hold of his cane, and he barely had time to get a breath of air before he could raise his head and see a purple blur with big ears attack another purple blur with big ears.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaai!!" Squire's voice was shrill, and then muffled as he struck the other pokemon. Rattata, and Jethro narrowed his eyes.

He coughed a few times, unable to speak at first as the two rolled over and over, and fear struck him as well, as he ignored the battle to scan the grass. What if it was a swarm? What if there were more?

But none more appeared, it was just the one. "Squire," he managed, still sounding a little gaspy. "Tail whip!"

He pushed himself to his feet and moved back from the knot of wrestling pokemon. They seemed to be at an impasse there, and Jethro at first couldn't tell if Squire had even heard him. "Tail whip that knave of a rodent!" he repeated himself. "Weaken its defenses!"

"AaaiiPOM!" came a snappy reply this time, acknowledging the instruction. Squire disentangled himself with a heave, and rolled backward, his tail-hand pushing him right up off the ground to balance on it. The Rattata charged and Squire dropped to his feet and swung, His tail smacked the Rattata with a satisfying whip-crack sound, just before he was struck and driven back by the Tackle. He kept his feet and Jethro was amazed with his balance. "Watch the teeth!" Jethro called. "And blind him! Sand-attack!"

Squire darted back, narrowly avoiding another Tackle, this one with teeth in it. His expression this whole time had been almost as serious as it was normally, except more focused. It reminded Jethro of when he watched Dad doing research for work on weeks when he wasn't getting up to deadline. Squire didn't look rushed, either, or mad when he'd gotten hit. Though, maybe Jethro did see a little hint of satisfaction at having dodged just now.

Whipping his tail around again, this time Squire didn't aim for the Rattata, just the ground, and a spray of dirt, small pebbles and dust was flung over the Rattata. It blinked furiously and hopped back, shaking its head so hard its ears flapped audibly.

"Aim a true blow," Jethro said, feeling himself grin. "Land a Scratch upon your foe!" That rhymed, Jethro thought happily.

"Aipom!" Squire answered smartly, and circled around the Rattata as it was still pawing at its face. Squire had time to get almost behind it when the Rattata looked up, and before it could move, he leaped up and forward, tail curling up below with the tail-hand in that clawed shaped Jethro now recognized, and it raked down the Rattata's side as Squire sailed over it head to land in front of it.

The landing was almost perfect, only one of Squire's feet shifted slightly, and his tail rose gracefully behind him to present the claw-shaped hand over one shoulder. Jethro grinned wider. Squire had style.

The Rattata snorted. "Raaaaaaa!!" it growled, and pushed off with sudden speed.

"Scratch!" Jethro said again, not bothering with extra words.

Squire caught the Quick Attack hard enough to roll head-over tail, but he jumped to his feet and leaped forward again, this time his tail-hand caught the Rattata partly on the underbelly, and the Scratch move rolled it right over on its back. "Rrrrrrrr--" the Rattata's angry growl was cut off when Squire landed on its belly. One foot dug into its soft stomach, the other pressed down up near its throat. Squire let out a warning hiss of breath, his clawed tail-hand waving warningly in front of its face, before he backed off and went back to Jethro's side, never taking his eyes from his opponent.

Jethro had to stare too, as the Rattata, looking cowed, righted itself and only dared one last glare before it pawed at its dust-caked nose a last time, then darted back into the grass.

"You're great!" Jethro exclaimed to Squire, staring down at him in complete thrilled amazement. He felt like they'd practically beat the Elite Four. Squire's serious expression didn't alter, but his ears pricked up a little and he stood tall. "My Squire," Jethro intoned, planting his cane authoritatively in the dirt with one hand, "you have Entei's courage in your heart. You are unflinching in the face of battle."

Squire may have almost, sort of, just a little bit shown the start of a smile there. Jethro beamed at him. Then Squire tilted his head, and his tail came up to pat and prod at the spot where the Rattata had struck him. It hurt a bit, and Jethro flinched back under the pressure at first. Squire gave Jethro a frown, and Jethro pulled his shirt up. A bruise was starting to form there, he could see it already. But nothing really bad. "I'm fine," he said, and poked it himself for good measure to prove it. "You got it off me right away."

Squire was still frowning but nodded a little. And he placed himself between Jethro and the grass the Rattata had sprung out from.

"I get your point," Jethro told him, and Squire looked satisfied. "Now," Jethro added. "Let us venture forth once again! Perhaps we will come upon more foes, or even a rival!"

Years
    New Bark Town post (aka 1st post):

Professor Walsh was one of the most highly regarded new Pokémon researchers in the world. He had quit his job and had dedicated his life to the study of Pokémon, their habitats, lifestyles and interactions with their trainers.

Since he was known as a renowned Pokémon researcher in the world, the citizens of New Bark Town had always considered it an honour that he had continued to work in his new home. Visitors felt that Professor Walsh's Pokémon laboratory was the only real attraction in the town. It wasn't so much a tourist attraction, but more a place where interesting Pokémon events and discoveries occurred.

New Bark Town was hardly ever bustling except when the newest Pokémon trainers graduated from the magnet school – usually at the age of ten — which was situated in Cherrygrove City. The school taught the core subjects such as math, science, history, reading language arts, and so on, as well as courses involving studies of Pokémon, which ranged from raising, training, breeding and battling of Pokémon. Their journeys would usually start by travelling west to Cherrygrove, as it was the closest city to New Bark.

Saying goodbye to her parents, Isis started walking towards the research facility that was run by Professor Walsh.

After trudging along for about ten minutes, she finally arrived at the location of the building. The lab's foundations were on level ground. It was a two-story ivory edifice that had a maroon roof, which, from the top, allowed one to view the landscape as far as the eye could see.

There were Pokémon scattered all throughout the Professor's front yard.

Isis rang the doorbell and waited, because she knew that Professor Walsh wouldn't be able to rush to answer the door. The wooden door opened a few minutes later.

"Ah, Isis! Come to collect your Pokémon, Pokédex and Poké Balls, have you?" Professor Walsh questioned.

"Yes, Professor," she replied.

"Right this way, then," he answered, as he turned and led the red-haired girl into the lab. The first thing that was seen when entering was an array of bookshelves that were stacked against the wall, stretching from one corner of the room to the other.

To the right were small computers that blinked with all sorts of dazzling lights, with the monitors scrolling down with data that she could only guess was the research that Professor Walsh and his assistants had compiled.

In the middle, between the computers, was a rather large door. It was used to go out to care for or to study the Pokémon that were kept at the lab.

To the left was a very large storage room in which the Poké Balls that contained the Pokémon were kept. One could only guess how many were amassed there.

At the top of the staircase to the right of the Poké Ball storage room, the upper level was desolate except for three bookshelves that were lined up against the left wall; an enormous computer that took up the entire southern wall and finally, a small dome which was the place where the Poké Balls were kept.

"Professor, there you are! We have everyone here, sir," one of Walsh's aides appeared when they entered the large room which contained the small dome.

"Very good, John. Any news of the others?"

"You already know about the other trainers' hasty departures," John answered.

"Good. Now, Isis, I have a few important things to give you. They are your Pokémon, Pokédex and Poké Balls."

Then, the researcher handed her a large red electronic device, which looked like a calculator, five small balls and one etched sphere. The Professor allowed Isis the time to register her partner's data into her Pokédex.

"Vulpix, the Fox Pokémon – a Pokémon of the Fire type. ," the device reported in a feminine-toned voice.

"Let me explain what I handed to you before," Professor Walsh began, just as the newbie trainer recalled her starter.

"The large red device that you hold in your hands is what I call a Pokédex. A lot of research by my colleagues and I was done and we were finally able to release a small hand-held device. It will record information about any wild Pokémon, including its type and special attacks. Thus, its pages will be filled."

He then pointed to the five small balls and etched containment device.

"These are crucial to capturing Pokémon, so please pay close attention. If you fail to capture a Pokémon with the same ball five times, it will break. Also, note that you can only carry around six Pokémon with you at any given time. The etched ball I gave you holds your starter, so be sure not to lose it."

"How much do these items cost?" Isis asked, referring to the normal balls.

"About three hundred Pokédollars for each sphere… and I think the Potions are a little cheaper," the researcher answered.

"I'll keep that in mind," the red-haired girl answered. "I won't let you down, Professor. I've never been more ready for anything else."

"Very good…" he replied.

She walked back through the building and out the front door, waving goodbye to Professor Walsh as she did so. Then, she looked up as she began to walk down the road, away from the town. The sun was now in plain view, almost blinding from where she was standing and the grass was glimmering as the dew dropped from each blade.

Isis's Pokémon journey, as well as the day, was just beginning. She had her first Pokémon, and already knew where she was to go next – Cherrygrove City. Now with determination in her hazel eyes, she continued to look at the sky. As an official trainer, she then looked down at the orb which contained her partner.

"Vulpix, you are my key to becoming one of the best," the teen murmured, smiling proudly.

Route 29, Johto (1st post):

Several hours later...

Throughout the day, Isis had not been able to find any Pokémon she liked. It was nearing dusk, which meant Isis had the best chance she could get in attempting to capture a Hoothoot.

Her impatience got the better of her and she swore. "This just sucks! Why haven't I found anything yet?!" Isis muttered out loud, as she shook her head angrily. "Where are they…?" she added, as she reached into her bright yellow backpack for the book her mother had most likely placed there. Just as she arrived at the part on Pokémon capturing, the lone Poké Ball on her belt wriggled and burst open.

The light landed on terra firma to materialize into Isis's first ever Pokémon.

"I need your help, Vulpix," Isis murmured, while stroking the fox-cub's soft fur.

"Vul?" The Fire type asked, saying "Me?" in her language.

The fourteen-year-old redhead looked at her starter oddly. "Did you understand me? Or is it that I can't understand you?"

"Vulpix vul!" The female Vulpix answered, happy that the teen had worked out that they needed to bond and be friends before the Pokémon could be understood.

Oh well, that's one problem that's been sorted out, Isis thought. "Can you find some wild Pokémon for me?" she asked politely, though her eyes betrayed her anxiety.

"Pix!" Vulpix growled, telling the red-haired teen that she was not a sniffer dog and would not degrade herself by doing something that was meant for them. To show her irritation, she growled and gouged the ground.

Isis crouched down and put one hand on the side of the female fox-cub's face. "Please, Ruby? For me?"

Vulpix could see Isis's sincerity, which through her tantrum out the window. The Pokémon even recognized that the trainer had given her a nickname. Ruby hesitated, murmuring "Vull…" as she did so.

Isis opened her mouth to speak, but stopped upon noticing a Pokémon stumble into her line of sight. It was a small brown and cream bird, which was visibly trembling. The Normal and Flying type had black eyes, stood on one leg and stubby wings. As it uttered drawn out, shrill cries of "Hoot!" Isis noticed that the poor creature was distracted and had no idea its path had brought it to a trainer.

"That's a Hoothoot!" Isis spoke softly while referring to her Pokédex. "According to the Pokédex, they live on this Route, but only at night-time." She flicked the device closed and glanced at the Hoothoot, before turning to her Pokémon with a firm expression on her enthusiastic face. "We can't just leave it here. We should try and capture it and take it to the Pokémon Centre in Cherrygrove City for a health check."

The Hoothoot heard Isis. Glaring at Ruby indifferently as if to say <You aren't worth my time.>, it nevertheless straightened its posture and narrowed its eyes, before lunging at the Vulpix.

That's a Tackle attack, the red-haired girl thought. "Ruby, dodge and then use Tail Whip!"

<I must remain free,> the bird thought.

Ruby agilely circumvented the emotion-spurred attack. The Fire type ran forward, with her tail wagging from side to side. Shrugging off the Tail Whip attack, as if it hadn't struck it at all, the clearly troubled bird charged forward once more. It was at this moment that Isis realized that it was more than just emotion that had goaded the Flying type into action. She knew that it would fight to the death to uphold more than just its honour.

"Vulpix, Vul! Vulpix, Pix!" Ruby's speech was once again out of character for the cheeky, Kantonian-born Pokémon. The Fire type's speech had fulfilled its intended purpose, however. Its anger rising, the emotional Hoothoot leaped up and fell onto Ruby, forcing her to use her claws to defend herself.

Jeez, that's gotta hurt, Isis shook her head slightly and winced at the sight of her Pokémon crashing into a nearby tree.

"Vul!" Ruby said, winded, before recovering enough to rise to her clawed paws. Hoothoot had survived the 'crash landing' as it had flown upwards before impact. Descending, it flew over to where Ruby was and pecked at the Fire fox's throat, the vulpine of whom froze at the action.

Oh-kay, I think it's time I kicked it up a notch, Isis believed it was time to rack up a capture and be on her way to Cherrygrove. "All right, Ruby! Let's go! Give it all you've got!" the girl yelled, before Hoothoot could muster up a counter-attack.

"Vulpix!" The Fire fox replied decisively. The Vulpix let out a frustrated cry and let loose a ferocious lunge attack that completely caught the Flying type off guard. Ruby barrelled into the brown and cream bird and fastened her minute fangs on its back. Clamping down, a bit of blood spurted out.

Wha-? Whoa! I didn't think Ruby had it in her! Isis looked shocked.

<You'll pay for that,> the bird vowed mentally, as it looked itself over after pushing the fox Pokémon away. One dog-like shake of the body spattered blood on the grass and it was starting to weaken, thanks to the back bite. It tensed, its beak gleaming in the moonlight as it prepared for another attack.

Bugger, what now? The red-haired trainer thought, panicking slightly. That Hoothoot is still going strong, it's not slowing down at all! I suppose I could make use of Ember, but still…

"Ruby! Here's what we're gonna do! Dodge Hoothoot's current attack and counter with a Tail Whip and Ember combination!" Isis yelled out.

"Vul," the female fox answered.

For what she hoped was the last time today, Ruby took a step forward and widened her mouth, before small fireballs shot towards the Flying type. The Hoothoot fell back, hurt by the flames, and opened its mouth in a silent gasp as the effects of the Tail Whip attack seized it and it shivered involuntarily. Then, as the bird struggled to regain its composure, Ruby rushed in and, with a few well-placed bodily shoves, managed to reduce its energy even more.

<I've failed them,> was the bird's last thought before falling to the grassy ground.

Isis heaved an empty Poké Ball at the brown and cream being that was doubled over on the ground. The sphere began rocking from side to side.

ShadowYashi

Years
    "Gee. Piiiiidgey."

Crunch.

"Gee! Piiiiidgey!"

"Fiddlesticks! Buzz! That's the third Pokémon you've scared off within the span of 10 minutes!"

"Bibibi?" In response, the Elekid just blinked confusedly and went back to nibbling on his cookie. Bree shook her head and sighed, this attempting to catch your first Pokémon thing was harder than it sounded. Bree and a somewhat reluctant Buzz were walking along Route 29, the electric type, still not trusting her and would only come when offered a cookie, was being pretty much useless in her attempts to catch her first Pokémon, he refused to battle anything that was near them and whenever Bree tried to sneak up behind a clueless Pokémon and do it herself, he'd follow along curiously and either accidentally step on a twig or choose to take a bite from his cookies.

Did I mention he ransacked her for the cookie bag, so now she was without bribery and a new Pokémon. "I wonder how Mom and Dad did it" Bree thought frowning sourly at her Elekid, who was oblivious to everything but his bag of cookies "Bibibi." He mumbled happily nibbling on another cookie produced from the bag. Bree huffed irritably at Buzz "Jeeze, if you're not gonna help me, the least you could do is eat quietly. The less noise you make, the more chance I have of catching a Pokémon. . ." Bree looked away from Buzz and began glancing around Route 29, there had to be an unsuspecting and easy catch around here somewhere. Aha! "Spearow at 10 o clock!" Bree grinned cheekily at the bird she spotted not to far ahead of them, just beyond those bushes, the red winged avian was pecking diligently at the ground for something "Maybe its trying to catch a Caterpie?" Bree thought before gently and slowly pulling back the offending greenery that blocked her view of her latest capture.

"Row. Row. Row." Spearow scratched at the ground beneath its talons harshly, the claws left angry jagged marks in the ground and Bree scratched at her cheek, letting out a soft nervous laugh. Spearow were tiny bird Pokémon commonly known for their anger, they were about as bad as Beedrill when it came to their patience, both Pokémon were extremely easy to anger, not to mention very vicious to those who should call upon said anger "Hmm, now how am I gonna catch this thing without it noticing me" Caught up in her most recent thought, Bree failed to notice Buzz, her inquisitive little Elekid, march up to the Spearow, too used to seeing the other Pokémon in the lab, he had never seen a Spearow before Buzz wondered if it were friendly.

"Bibibi!" Buzz, with a cookie in his hand, waved gleefully at the Spearow, who blinked warily at the yellow walking electric plug "Row?" Spearow tilted its head to the side curiously, its eyes on the alluring brown chocolate chip cookie in the other Pokémon's claws. Buzz seemed to notice this and smiled "Bibibi." He broke the cookie in half and handed it to the bird "Bibi." Spearow cautiously hopped its way near Buzz, noting the difference in height between them, the bird had only come up to the second stripe on the lower area of Buzz's round body "Roow" Spearow pecked once at the outstretched cookie in Buzz's hand and tasted it, the avian's eyes widened slightly upon the taste, deeming it tolerable with a quick lunge of its beak, the cookie was gone.

Buzz smiled briefly at Spearow, closing his eyes, before bringing his half of the cookie up to his mouth "Bibib—Mrpmh!" Buzz's eyes shot open and he pulled his aching hand from his mouth, blinking confusedly at the empty appendage. What happened to his cookie? "Roow~" Spearow had just got finished swallowing the other half of Buzz's cookie, only a few paces in front of him, with a large satiated smile on its face "Bibibiii. . ." The Elekid's face morphed into one of anger, he wouldn't have cared much about the cookie, since the bird looked hunger and who was he to deny someone of food, especially if the looked as sad as that bird did, pecking at the ground for nothing.

But there was just one problem. That was his last cookie! And he was nice enough to split in it half for both of them to share! Buzz was ticked off, his eyes shrank and he gnashed his teeth together, that bird would pay! No one took his last cookie without permission! "Bibibi!" Buzz charged at the Spearow with a full body tackle, sending the bird tumbling a few inches away it quickly got back up and squawked angrily at Buzz before taking to the skies and zooming at the Elekid "Spearow!"

Having just managed to catch a majority of this confrontation with wide eyes, Bree could only stare as her cookie obsessed Elekid duked it out with one very angry bird.

Years
    To Mark's surprise, his new companion, Jonah, reacted rather excitedly to his new nickname, and he soon found himself sprawled on the ground, an excited blue tadpole hopping on his body. "Ow!" Mark exclaimed, rubbing his head, but when he tried to push Jonah off, he found himself suddenly drenched in water. "Hey! What'd you do that for?" Mark said crossly, finally making it to his feet and glancing around. Of course, there would be people around to watch him deal with his Pokémon for the first time; he just hoped none of them were his fellow trainers.

"Poli!" Jonah said, hopping from foot to foot in front of his trainer as though hoping to play, but Mark wasn't up to it. His ears burning in embarrassment, Mark recalled Jonah to his Pokéball and headed off down the road. Maybe it was best to deal with the Poliwag out of town, away from staring eyes.

According to the map on his Pokédex, the only real way out of town was to the west, out into Route 29, so Mark wasted no time in heading out that way. The other trainers already had a head start, so he couldn't afford to waste time...if he could help it. He could already tell, though, that this Poliwag wasn't going to make it easy...maybe he was reading too much into that single incident, though. It could be that Jonah was just excited--maybe next time it would be a little...calmer.

There was no denying that Route 29 was a beautiful place, especially as the rain subsided and blue skies appeared overhead, but Mark was more concerned about the information he had taken in the night before, especially the accounts of former Pokémon Champions. The vast majority of Champions had caught their very first Pokémon on the route right next to their hometown, many of them on this very route, and Mark knew that if he were to be a contender for the title, his chances would be much improved if he were to do the same.

First, though, he had to change out of his clothes--he didn't want to catch pneumonia or anything. Glancing down in disgust at his sopping wet attire and shaking his head, he sighed. The rain had ensured that he wasn't going to be extremely comfortable, but Jonah's Water Sport hadn't helped--it had actually soaked him through the sweatshirt to the skin. After finding a couple of bushes to hide behind, Mark quickly changed into a t-shirt and shorts, then hung his wet clothes up on a tree to dry. For now, he would leave them there as he searched for a Pokémon to try to capture.

His chance arrived not long after that, as his quiet walk across the fields was interrupted by a loud, obnoxious screech. Mark crouched down and glanced around, his eyes catching sight of a Spearow flitting to the ground, apparently in search of food. Excellent, Mark thought as he reached for his Pokéball. I'll take that one, then.

With a flash, the Pokéball opened up and Jonah appeared, his earlier energy apparently undiminished as it eagerly stared toward the wild Pokémon. The flash immediately caught the Spearow's attention, and it flew off from the ground, wheeling around to confront the tadpole Pokémon. Briefly, the thought of using his Pokédex occurred to Mark, but he thought his research would serve him well enough to handle a wild Pokémon such as this one. "Alright, Jonah, let's see what you've got. Try a Bubble attack!"

The Poliwag complied, spraying fast-moving bubbles at the bird Pokémon, which was borne backward by the hit. The Spearow shook its head, a dangerous glint appearing in its eye as it glared at Jonah and Mark, and without further hesitation, the bird soared in, moving almost faster than the eye could see, aiming a furious Peck attack at the Water-type. Uh-oh, Mark thought. "Jonah, try--"

Before he could finish, though, the blue Pokémon turned and ran, disappearing into the underbrush as his trainer watched, slack-jawed. "Wait--" Mark cried after his Pokémon, but he suddenly realized he had worse problems now as the Spearow unleashed a furious cry of anger, and, taking one look at the angry Pokémon, Mark turned and ran.

Evidently, however, the bird Pokémon was annoyed enough to not let this go yet, and it came hotly in pursuit. Mark ran as fast as he could on his skinny little legs, but the creature came in fast, and he felt a searing pain in his back as he was hit by a vicious dive-bombed Peck attack that sent him to the ground. Mark cried out and curled up into a ball, trying to defend himself against the bird Pokémon's furious attack, but the Spearow was in a high rage and appeared to have no intention of letting up.

As it circled around to make another pass, Mark quickly considered his options, and had almost decided to try to make a run for the trees, when the Spearow's attack was cut off by a stream of Bubbles, sending it veering off-course and almost bearing it to the ground. Mark glanced up cautiously at the sound, catching a brief sight of a blue blur streaking across the field, pumping Bubble after Bubble in the Spearow's general direction, and he quickly realized what had happened--Jonah had apparently overcome his cowardice and had returned to help his master and, having caught the Spearow off-guard, was pressing its advantage. Spearow got Peck or two in, but ultimately the surprise of the attack was too much for it to overcome, and one final Bubble from Jonah sent it spiraling to the ground. Mark leaped to his feet and, deciding to take advantage of the situation, withdrew an empty Pokéball from his pack.

He lobbed it at the downed bird Pokémon, watching with anticipation as the red light engulfed Jonah's opponent and fell to the ground. It began to roll from side-to-side as the Spearow struggled to get out...

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    @Broadway: I love Jethro! Squire grew to level 6! That was an excellent battle with great detail.

@Kyuu-chan: Two things about your first post - You stated that a Pokeball breaks after it's used 5 times. That ain't applying here, it's a one use ball only. :] Also, when the Professor is telling Isis the price of items, you refer to Pokedollars. In the RP starting post, I stated the currency was dollars, not Pokedollars. Sorry for not making that clearer. I'm talking about USD, NZD, AUSD, etc. xD Isis successfully caught a Hoothoot! Level 5, Male.

@ShadowYashi: I loved your post! Buzz is amusing. :D I am posting the next chapter but please make sure you finish this showdown between Buzz and the Spearow!

@white lancer: Yay Jonah! Mark successfully caught a Spearow! Female, Level 4.

~

Johto: The Future Of Adventure
    "I will be the greatest pokémon trainer... the greatest pokémon master... of all time!"
    - Ash Ketchum
    Chapter Three: The True Beginning
    Location: Cherrygrove City, Route 30, Route 31 & Violet City, Johto Region
    No. of Posts: 1-3
    Pokemon Appearances:
    Cherrygrove City
    In the sea - If you want these Pokemon, be inventive if you don't have a rod. Swim and search for Pokemon in the shallow waters. Just don't drown. :D

Tentacool
    Common
    Levels 5-7

Magikarp
    Common
    Level 5

Krabby
    Uncommon
    Level 7-8

Corsola
    Rare
    Level 8

Staryu
    Rare
    Level 8

Route 30 & 31

Caterpie
    Common
    Levels 3-5

Ledyba
    Common
    Levels 3-5

Pidgey
    Very common
    Level 5

Weedle
    Common
    Levels 3-5

Hoppip
    Uncommon
    Level 5

Marill
    Rare
    Level 7

Hoothoot
    Common at night
    Level 5

Spinarak
    Common at night
    Levels 3-5

Poliwag
    Uncommon at night
    Levels 4-5

Zubat
    Uncommon at night
    Levels 3-5

Bellsprout
    Uncommon
    Level 5

Dark Cave

Geodude
    Common
    Levels 4-7

Dunsparce
    Uncommon
    Level 5

Zubat
    Uncommon at night
    Levels 3-5

Violet City

Poliwag
    Rare (In the small lake)
    Level 7

Pokemart Prices in Cherrygrove & Violet city
    Pokeball - $20.00 for 5 Pokeballs. $5.00 individually.
    Potion - $5.00
    Antidote - $7.00
    Paralyz Heal - $7.00
    Awakening - $7.00
    Burn Heal - $7.00
    Ice Heal - $7.00
    Escape Rope - $15.00
    Mail - $2.00
    Heal Ball - $15.00 individually
    Net Ball - $15.00 individually

~
    When anyone wants to take on Faulkner in Violet city, VM me. :]

Just post your advancement through the cities & routes, no rush.

Years
    Mark sighed in relief as the Pokéball stilled, indicating his very first Pokémon capture. Granted, it was much less elegant than he had imagined it would be, but the deed was done, no matter how it was accomplished, and his hands were shaking with excitement as he walked over to pick up the dormant Pokéball. He briefly considered letting the bird Pokémon out of its ball, but ultimately decided against it--it hadn't exactly been especially happy with the prospect of being captured. He still thought he should think up a name for the Spearow, though, for when he eventually decided to use it again. Not a difficult task, he thought ruefully as he rubbed a particularly nasty bruise on his back, a villain like that can only be suited with a name like Iago.

Then, of course, there was the issue of Jonah. Mark stared at the tadpole Pokémon, initially unsure of how to react--yes, the Pokémon had come through and allowed Mark to capture the Spearow, but he had also fled from the battle and enabled the Spearow to strike directly at his trainer. Deciding that there would be more trouble to come if they didn't deal with Jonah's cowardice now, Mark affected a stern tone. "Good job, Jonah, but what in the world did you think you were doing, running away like that?"

Poliwag gave an embarrassed-sounding whistle that quickly turned derisive, and Mark could only guess what it was saying. "Yes, I realize I ran away also, but...you're the one with the abilities to deal with situations like that!"

Jonah seemed unconvinced, prompting a sigh from Mark. "Well, thank you anyway. Return." And with that, the Poliwag returned to the Pokéball. Mark shook his head; he felt like he hadn't handled that well, and he feared that they might continue to have issues, but he really didn't know what else to say. Something to deal with when it happened again, he guessed. Shouldering his pack, Mark continued heading westward, in the direction of what his map told him was Cherrygrove City.

The rest of his trip across the route was uneventful, almost surprisingly so. Mark thought it was strange that he had yet to come across any of his competitors along this route, but these thoughts were dispelled as he caught sight of the city lights ahead. More than ready to get out of this wilderness for now, Mark found himself running toward the city. He couldn't wait to get to the Pokémon Center and have a cup of hot chocolate and a warm bed--he had had quite enough of adventure for today.

ShadowYashi

Years
    "Spearow!"

Spearow slammed its glowing beak into Buzz's torso, sending the electric type skidding back a bit. Buzz rubbed briefly at the spot where he was hit before rushing at Spearow and hitting the bird with another full body tackle Spearow got tossed back, spinning wildly in the air before righting itself and leering at Buzz, who froze "Spear!" Spearow zoomed at Buzz again, causing the electric type to throw up its arms and shield its face to keep the bird from pecking relentlessly at it.

After minutes of annoying little pricks at his arms, Buzz deemed it safe to remove them from the protect arch around his face "Bibi?" He glanced around curiously for the Spearow who had stolen its last cookie, where'd it go? "Buzz above you!" Blinking Buzz payed attention to Bree's shout and looked above him, sure enough Spearow was there, zooming towards him once more with its talons extended "Spearow!"

"Dodge it!" Once again Bree had alerted him with her voice and he decided to listen, he jumped quickly to the left to avoid the sharp claws aimed at him and no sooner had he done that, Bree's voice rang out again "Now Quick Attack!" Buzz gnashed his teeth together and nodded, with his arm, he rushed Spearow from the side once it had gotten down to his level, due to it missing with Peck again.

"Great Job Buzz!" Bree cheered from the sidelines with a grin and Buzz smiled bashfully while scratching at his cheek, his face growing red "Bibibi. . ."

"Row!" Spearow found none of this cute and didn't take to kindly to being ignored, it gave another screech and rammed its beak into Buzz's unprotected side, sending the electric type tumbling to the ground harshly a few feet away "Bibibi..." he moaned staggering to his feet and rubbing his head, having scraped against something, a rock or a twig, he wasn't too sure, when he pitched forward due to the bird's attack "Speearow!" Spearow opened
    its beak and let out a loud, piercing cry that distorted the air, growling at the discombobulated Elekid, weakening his attack power.

"Bibi. . .Bibi" Buzz panted softly, glaring at Spearow, who was looking just as winded neither would back down. This was a battle between men! Err. . . I mean mon! Buzz was fighting to avenge his lost cookie! Spearow. . . Spearow was fighting because Buzz started it! A petty excuse yeah, but hey you'd fight back to if some yellow creature just outright tackled you in anger cause of a cookie.

It wasn't even a good cookie at that.

Spearow was just really hungry.

Blasphemy!

Greene's Baked Good's are the—Whoops we're getting off topic aren't we. . .

"Spearow!" Spearow took high to the skies once more, circling the air once before drifting back again and diving towards Buzz, its beak glowing white, indicating that it was using Peck "Alright Buzz, you can do it! Finish this with one well placed Quick attack!" Buzz nodded and stood quickly, running at Spearow, before leaping into the air, the two Pokémon clashed and for some odd unexplained reason.

Possibly for dramatics.

Once the two attacks collided, a loud explosion occurred, this caused the area around the two Pokémon to go up in smoke and Bree glanced worriedly at the cloud of black smoke that hovered around the two Pokémon "I hope your okay Buzz" Bree thought biting her lip anxiously as the cloud began to slowly disperse.

"B-Buzz!" Bree gasped at her Elekid, who was standing triumphantly in the middle of the vanishing smoke cloud "Bibibi!" He growled, glaring at the Spearow, who leered at him "Row" it growled softly, its wings flapped at an uneven pace, the bird looked ready to drop and Bree honestly hoped it would, she reached into her belt and pulled out an empty Pokéball, enlarging the red and white sphere, her arm lifted, poised and ready to throw.

Thump.

"Buzz!"

The audible thump came from Buzz, who quickly dropped like a sack on the ground, Bree could only blink at her fallen Pokémon.

"Bibibi. . ." Buzz groaned weakly with swirls in his eyes, while Spearow cawed tauntingly from the air, a little bit of its strength coming back, in the form of smugness upon winning the battle "Why you. . ." Bree growled, clenching the enlarged Pokéball in her hand, she tossed it at the Spearow, who swiftly whacked it back like it were a baseball and then flew away, it smacked Bree harshly on the face, leaving a red ball shaped outline on her face, the girl groaned gently rubbing at the mark and moved over to check on Buzz, a sour expression on her features "Whoever said catching Pokémon was easy, was sadly mistaken." Bree let out a gloomy sigh before comforting her Elekid, giving him a gentle hug, her first capture and battle had been a complete bust.

"But even though you lost Buzz, you were still great."

"Bibi. . .bii" Buzz mumbled with a tiny smile on his face, maybe Bree wasn't so bad after all.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

Years
    Chapter 3 : Post 1

"Okay Buzz you deserve a nice rest, so I'm gonna recall you til I get to the next town" Bree pointed the engraved Pokéball at her Elekid and zapped it back up in a beam of light, she stared briefly at the ball and wondered if it were comfortable in the tiny enclosed spherical space "Once your well and rested, we're gonna go out and train so you can get stronger" The walk through Route 29 took a lot longer than Bree had hoped, because apparently every Pokémon around wanted to attack her or follow her or something. . .

Or maybe they were just attracted to the smell of fried dough on her clothing.

Either way, it sucked because Buzz was currently out of commission and she had plenty of opportunity to snag and bag some Pokémon but didn't, like that Rattata that followed her for a few minutes upon thinking she had some food left, the mouse was thoroughly disappointed. A Pidgey had landed on her shoulder chirping in her ear and pecking lightly at her clothes, thinking it were food. A few Sentret even popped out of their burrows to glance at her Bree glowered the entire walk to Cherrygrove City's Pokémon Center, because she had lost a bunch of chances to capture a Pokémon, but it felt wrong if Buzz wasn't the one battling it and she just captured a Pokémon without much effort, that just sucked.

"Curse my morels" Bree grumbled taking back Buzz's ball from Nurse Joy and allowing the Pokémon freedom, thanking the pink haired woman before heading towards the PokéMart and purchasing a few potions and two Net Ball's for the road, because she had heard they were good for catching Bug and Water Type Pokemon. After her purchases, Bree realized she only had about 55$ left and that wouldn't last her long, considering she and Buzz would later on get hungry and by food, since somebody, not saying any names, Buzz. Ate all her snacks, the Elekid just gave a sheepish grin and rubbed the back of his head, following Bree to the westward area of the city, for the girl had heard from a native of the city that Cherrygrove had an off-shore line filled with some rare water Pokémon and she was anxious to catch something, since their last battle and capture had been a complete bust.

Buzz looked crestfallen as soon as he thought about it and Bree, who was walking through the knee-deep water looking for a water Pokémon, she had to remove her bag and socks and sneakers so they wouldn't get soaked while she walked around in the water, glanced back at her Elekid, noticing that not only was he not joining her in walking through the water, he frowned as soon as his foot touched it, apparently water didn't agree with the electric type so he stayed on the shore. Bree gave Buzz a worried look, pushing her glasses of her her nose as they had drooped down low while she was bending over and trudging through the shallow water.

"Hey Buzz. . . you okay?" Buzz looked up at Bree, who had stopped digging around for Pokémon and rubbed at her hands, a couple of angry Corsola lashed out and bit her, she could hardly fathom why they did, but maybe she was upsetting their nest or something "Biibi..." Buzz was at a loss for words and looked away ashamed about his loss Bree faltered and gave him a soft smile "H-Hey, don't be so bummed out, it was only one lose, there will be many more battles and you can't win em all, but the best thing to do is just keep trying and keep your head held high alright. I'm not angry or anything if that's what your worried about, besides that stupid bird wasn't even worth being on our awesome team right?" Bree grinned at Buzz, who slowly allowed a smile to appear on his face, it then morphed into a larger confident smile "BiBibi!" He nodded and Bree laughed and went back to sifting through the water "Good, now back to the task at hand. . . Hey I got something!" Buzz watched her curiously.

Bree tugged harshly at whatever it was she had in her hands and held up a wildly flailing Magikarp by the tail "Karp! Karp!" It splashed about wildly in her grip and Bree frowned distastefully "Aww man, its just a stinking weak Magikarp, these guys are no good" Magikarp's eyes lowered and it glared hatefully at Bree, slipping out of her grip, it flailed briefly in the air, because for some odd reason Magikarp can flail about in the air for 7 seconds without the laws of gravity pinning it down, and whirled around, whipping her in the face with its tail several times and then upon landing in the water it used Splash to drench her in water.

Bree coughed and spat out the water that had landed in her mouth and moved her dripping strands of hair from her face and glasses, which she also removed and shook off "Bibibi" Buzz snickered behind his bulging forearm at Bree's misfortune and she glowered at the electric type while sticking out her tongue "Shut up, its not funny!" Buzz just laughed even harder and Bree scowled sloshing her way towards Buss, she'd show that litt—!

"Whoa!"

Splash.

Cough. Splutter. Splash.

"Ugh, what the heck did I fall on" Bree had tripped over something in the water while attempting to make her way towards Buzz, she was now soaking wet and her clothes were drenched, the brunette dully noted Buzz's loud raucous laughter in the background as she stayed on her knees, digging through the water to see what she tripped on. Her hand brushed against something slimy and Bree quickly grabbed at it and sharply lifted the offending thing from the water. She blinked upon realizing it was a tentacle from a Tentacool, which had just floated to the surface upon being jerked "Tenta..."

A very angry Tentacool, that was not happy that it had just been fallen on and assaulted by a strange girl in pink, its eyes narrowed and it glared at Bree, who laughed nervously and slowly placed Tentacool's tentacle back in the water "Hehe. . . uhh h-hey Tentacool, look I'm totally sorry about that, I was just looking for something and I trip, I didn't mean to fall on you like that. So can you forgive me?" Bree looked at Tentacool, who narrowed its eyes at her, raising its appendages and Bree quickly shot to her feet, dashing out the water and onto shore beside Buzz before the jellyfish could sting her "Whew, that was close" Bree sighed in relief as she looked back at the Tentacool that was wading by the shore and giving her the evil eye.

"Ugh, I give up..." Bree fell back onto the sand with a soft thump, not caring if her wet clothes and hair were getting soiled with sand, she huffed loudly and watched as Tentacool gave her and Buzz one last look before sinking beneath the water "I think I'm unlucky when it comes to catching Pokémon Buzz. Compared to Mom and Dad, I'm pitiful" a bitter laugh escaped her and Bree's gaze slowly trailed up towards the sun, which was partially hidden behind the afternoon clouds and in a few hours night would fall, a soft sigh left her lips as she closed her eyes and just relaxed peacefully on the warm sand, shivering slightly from being wet and the light breeze that picked up, Bree decided to take a small nap "Bibibi" Buzz sat beside her, glancing at her relaxed form thoughtfully, he glanced at the ocean and noticed an odd star shaped Pokémon wading across the surface.

"Bibi." Buzz's face set into a set line, he'd get Bree another Pokémon! She'd be so proud of him. Nodding to himself, Buzz slowly took a step towards the blue water, he poked it cautiously with his foot and grimaced when he sparked slightly, he was never too fond of getting wet and tended to avoid it when he could but that was then and this is now, Bree needed him! He wanted to make her happy, because she made him happy and it made him feel guilty, to see her so upset because he was too chicken to get wet and too weak to catch her a Pokémon, Well not now, Buzz would get in that water and he would catch that weird star thing for her!

Confidently, Buzz trudged his way into the shallow water, his head held high and his heart swelling. His eyes locked onto the tan star with the red jewel on its middle, that must be its weak point! That's where he would attack, he was almost there! Man, was it just him or did the ground just suddenly disappear beneath his feet? No matter, Buzz continued on towards Staryu, who's attention he had now gained the genderless being's stared curiously at Buzz who was now standing before it.

Staryu gave Buzz a questioning beep, wondering why it was out here. Buzz responded by telling it that he was going to fight it and bring it back to his trainer, so she would be proud of him. Staryu just stared at Buzz and then spoke up again, ready yourself star Pokémon, I'll defeat you and Bree will be so proud of me! Staryu didn't look fazed and beeped again, stating that it had never seen a Pokémon outside of its species and other water types to be able to swim so well as he.

Blinking curiously, Buzz glanced around and noticed that he was wading in the middle of the ocean and was no longer anywhere near the shoreline, he could still see Bree, but he was pretty far out and there was no ground for him to walk on. Buzz was just a bit perplexed before a cold feeling washed over him and he realized something.

He couldn't swim.

"Bibib—!" Alarmed, Buzz began to flail his limbs wildly upon realizing that he indeed did not know how to swim and somehow managed to get himself in the middle of the ocean where Staryu was. Staryu only watched as Buzz began to slowly sink beneath the surface, he opened his mouth to scream, but found that was a bad idea and wound up swallowing a hefty amount of ocean water and this just case him to panic even more and sink even faster. Everything was suddenly becoming dark and Buzz couldn't hear anything but the sound of water sloshing in his ears, was this really the end he couldn't help but wonder, as the last thing the Elekid saw before he went under was a flash of red.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back