• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League [PG-15]

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
  • If you're interesting in joining please check out the first post in the OOC thread

The Region:

Welcome to the sunny Johto! There has been a lot of changes in the last 40 or so years. Firstly being that the climate has gotten a lot warmer, but also a lot wetter. Scientists aren't entire sure what caused it, some say it's simply the end of another ice age, others blame a strange phenomenon they call 'global warming'. This has caused a lot of changes in Johto's landmass, one of the most noticeable that the Whirl Islands have disappeared beneath the rising water levels. Cianwood is protected by a great dam, as it is now beneath water level.
    The rapid growth of Johto's industrialization has also left its mark on the landmass. Several cities have popped up, including the new Pokémon League city to the north of Ecruteak.

There has also been a change in the wild life of Johto. Over the years there have been many projects concerning the introduction of new Pokémon to a region. The decision to do is was because the environments of other regions changes as well, and some regions could no longer support their Pokémon, Johto's included. And there is also the fact that generations of trainers came and went, releasing their Pokémon to the wild. And when the League closed down in Johto the Pokémon were free to procreate and sustain a good population.

The War:

Seven years before the present there was a huge war between Kanto and Johto. Johto had up to then always been a part of Kanto's landmass, but Johto wanted to be free. A rebel organization popped up and grew under the leadership of a certain Marcus Antonius Gray. Gray was a man of great intelligence and even greater charisma. This deadly combination got him many followers and Johto revolted against what Gray made out to be the oppression of Kanto.

The war was brutal on both sides, but in the end Kanto decided that it would retreat from Johto. When the region realized that it completely relied on Kanto's financial influence to maintain its economy it would come back. Gray affectively ended that wish by bombing Mt Silver and the surrounding mountain range all the way to the coast. This action got a lot of controversy, since many houses were destroyed in the process, but it was affective enough. Where once was mountain is a huge inham claimed by the sea as its own. The train connection was also destroyed, and Johto shunned any outside communication.

Quite naturally straight after the victory Gray presented himself eligible to be Johto's first president, and the people voted for him en masse. The economy did plummet for a while, before Gray realized the real secret to Kanto's prosperity.

The Pokémon League.

Trainers paid for almost everything in Kanto. The league in Johto had been long since closed down since 'proper' regions such as Kanto and Hoenn were far more popular to travel in, but President Gray worked over time to create the plans to Johto's renewed Pokémon League. And to ensure there would be enough people to participate Gray made a huge play of choosing the people himself, out of all registered children between the age of 12 and 16. These children got the opportunity to go around on an adventure. Unfortunately participation was mandatory if you were selected.

Now you:

You have been chosen by the random draw to participate in the League, if you want it or not. You're a teen natively from Johto who will receive their Pokémon in New Bark Town. You've heard of the terrorization, though you might have mixed feelings about it. Either way you'll have to participate into the run.

The Rules:

+ Spell check please. I have a case of OCD that does not like grammatical errors, and please do sort your posts into proper paragraphs.
    + Be active. If you're not active, or don't give me a heads up if you can't go on for a bit then I won't hesitate to give your spot for another.
    + If you want to introduce something to the RP that I haven't, please do talk to me about it.
    + No legendaries, yadda yadda.
    + Please when you attempt to catcha Pokémon, end the post with it disappearing into the PokéBall, I tell you if you've caught it or not.
    + Five spots and five spots only.
    + And have fun, this is a must!

The Starters:

Doduo (TAKEN)

Level:: 6
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Early Bird
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Mirror Move

Electrike (TAKEN)

Type: Electric
    Ability: Lighteningrod
    Moves: Tackle, Thunderwave, Swift

Combee (TAKEN)

Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Honey Gather
    Moves: Sweet Scent, Gust

Munna (TAKEN)

Type: Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Psywave, Defense Curl, Lucky Chant, Sonic Boom

Swinub (TAKEN)

Type: Ice/Ground
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Mud Sport, Ancient Power

Sneasel (TAKEN)

Type: Dark/Ice
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Bite

Skitty (TAKEN)

Type: Normal
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Moves: Fake Out, Growl, Tail Whip, Tackle, Foresight, Zen Headbutt

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: [First and last]
    Personality: [2 Paragraph Min]
    History: [2 Paragraph Min]
    Starter:

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Two questions. One, at what speed do you see this roleplay progressing? Two, Are the wild cards harder to get, or are they the same as the other starters because you pick them out?

(Please tell me if you don't get my questions. I will elaborate.)

*Edit*
    I'll go ahead and reserve Munna.

*Editx2*
    Cancel any and all reservations for me, I'm about to post the SU.

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • Here, is my SU.

Spoiler:

I hold the right to improve if I gain more inspiration. I would also like to say that I'll try to get on as often as possible, but I may not be able to get online every day.

Last edited:

Zeburaika

The Electric Zebra.
    Years
  • May I reserve Electrike? I'll put part of my SU up, but I think I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

Spoiler:

-Edit- SU is finished! I'm rather proud of it, if I do say so myself, though I am a bit worried about Seirei's history.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have never played a role playing pokemon game before but I would love to try. Here is my writeup and I would love either the Munna or the random pokemon.

Name: Blitz Diark

Appearance: Blitz has thick brown hair that wraps around his entire head. It is straight, but bends a little at the side, and it goes all the way up to his forehead in the front and down to his neck in the back. His hair looks black when seen in the light but is just a very dark brown color. He also has a rather chubby face which he hates because people have bullied him all throughout his life because of this. He does not like the way he looks at all, as he believes that his appearance has caused his parents to leave him, and have caused the other kids to pick on him. Because of this, he tends to wear a cap to cover up his hair and and his chubby face. He is excited to start his pokemon adventure because he has always wanted a companion that would not tease him. His favorite colors are blue and red and he always find a way to combine the two when he dresses. He usually wears dark blue jeans and a red sweater as he is big on "make believe" and has always wanted to look like Ash Ketchum. He is average height, approximately 5'10" and he is tanned but not dark skin. He has a very slender body which is weird with his chubby face, and he always tries to hide his body to the best of his abilities.

Personality: Blitz is not really the leader type and more of a follower. He can not differentiate between good and evil and usually gets himself into trouble by following individuals who he thinks he can trust. Even though he has been bullied all his life, he is still very trusting of human beings as he always tries to see the good in people. This has not treated him well at all, but he still goes by it. He is overly enthusiastic about pokemon as it seems to be his only outlet in life, as everybody else has let him down. He treats all his belongings with the utmost care, some say this might become a problem for him. He is not violent by nature and would rather befriend others than fight. This is spurning from his days being bullied and how he hates violence because it reminds him of the people he would never want to be. He has aspirations to change the pokemon world, by becoming the first pokemon master that is more befriending and less battle friendly. He is not the ideal trainer, but he can be a world changer...

History: Blitz has a very mysterious background as not much is known about his character or where he comes from. He was abandoned by his parents from an early age in the woods. Since he has been in the orphanage he has regularly been picked on by his other classmates and beaten up to the point of unconsciousness multiple times. His idol has always been Lance because he really admires the way Lance calmed the Red Gyrados and captured it. Blitz has a scar in his chest that is the shape of an x, but no one knows how he got it and what it symbolized. Not even Blitz... He also seems to have a mysterious "protector" on his side, although he has no knowledge of this. This mysterious protector has saved him on multiple occasions. Once in his early years in the woods when he was tackled by a Poochyena and fell unconscious. A Sceptile was summoned and it scared away the Poochyena with a powerful leaf blade attack. He was also saved from his bullies at the orphanage in multiple occasions by this same trainer. On one occasion when he was beat to an inch of his life, one of the students took a knife and was about to cut his face but a powerful ember from an Infernape burned the students' hand and the other kids ran away. The same mysterious trainer has consistently disappeared before he woke up.

Starter: Munna or the random pokemon

Additional Info: I have never played a RP game but am willing to learn as much as I can and will definitely be active.

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • Alright, first off, I apologize to everyone for disappearing off the globe like this, it wasn't my intention to do so, so I'm sorry. Now beside that, I still want to get this thing on the road and going, so I thank you all for expressing interest!

Also as another way of apologizing I'll add in two more spots, both random, because 7 people expressed interest. In any case I sent everyone a message and if they do not respond in 5 days their spot will be forfeited to another.

And also, to answer Eeveelution's question, no your SU does not need to be better if you want a random spot, simply because you don't get to pick the Pokemon you want, it's a gamble. If you'd rather have that spot than that is possible (:

Lisbeth

Rain Dancer Ninetales (?)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    Okaaaay... so please reserve a Wild Card for me (:

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
  • My finished SU!

My SU so far:

Name: Cirruna Kizan

Appearance: Cirruna is the the size and weight of a normal 12 year old girl, being 150cm and 40kg. She has hip-length black hair, and she always wears it down. Sometimes she clips in red streaks of fake hair. Cirruna's eyes are both green, however when under certain light conditions her left eye is blue, and her right eye is green.

She likes to wear her blue and white stripy tank top, which she got as a tenth birthday present. She often wears black shorts, with faint dark blue stripes going vertically down them. For shoes, she wears pink sandals, with fake amythests on for decoration. She also wears a silver headband, with silver glitter on. However, the pink amethysts and glittery headband are as far as Cirruna gets with decoration.

Personality: From her looks, Cirruna is quite clearly a girly girl. However, her personality is not that of a girly girl. Cirruna likes dressing in fashion, but she also likes playing sports. Football, basketball, netball, rugby, you name it, she's tried it. Cirruna prefers playing sports than dressing up, though. This is because she needs comfy, slack clothes so she can easily run and jump.

She is a kind, caring person who likes to help others. If a pokemon needs help, she will go to the extreme to help it, even risking her life for it. This is because a Pokemon saved her life one day, and she would like to pay Pokemon back. Also, Cirruna is against battling Pokemon to capture them, instead befriending them first. Also, Cirruna lets the Pokemon decide if they want to be her friends, instead of forcing them to battle with her. Cirruna also tries her best at everything, and rarely gives up.

History: Cirruna was born in Blackthorn City, Johto. Her mother was a Dragon Trainer, so Cirruna grew up next to mythical Pokemon. Her father was a move tutor, teaching Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Frenzy Plant, so Cirruna grew up used to seeing those moves being used.
    A frantic life was normal for Cirruna, for the reasons mentioned above. However, one day when Cirruna was seven things got a little too frantic. Cirruna and her mother were out for a walk near the pod near the Dragon Shrine, when Cirruna fell into the water! She splashed and splashed, trying to keep her head above water. The Pokemon of the pond must have heard Cirruna splashing, because a Goldeen surfaced and pushed Cirruna out of the water gently. Cirruna's mother thanked the Goldeen with a piece of her Dragonair's Pokemon food, before it swam back down to the bottom of the lake.
    After that, Cirruna and her family lived a normal life. Now, she has been asked to participate in the Johto League. She is excited about starting her Pokemon journey and getting her first Pokemon.

Starter: Doduo

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • 'Kay, so I'll take the Random that is left. That way some one else can have the Munna. Do you want me to Edit the SU into this post?

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Name: Lodovico "Vico" Silvio

Physical Appearance: Vico is about 5"5 feet tall. His physique is somewhere between thin and average, leaning closer to average. His arms are also quite small, not quite skin and bones, but noticeable. His hands are also smooth as a babies booty. This would probably be due to the manual work he would do. His skin is rather pale shade, as if he needed a tan. His hair is jet black, moderately short and rather straight. It also points out in the middle at the top. Vico also makes sure it doesn't sag onto his face at all. He needs his physical appearance to stay as perfect as it can be. And finally, his eyes are a dark shade of brown.

On the clothes side of things, Vico is wearing comfortable, black jeans. He would never think of letting them sag so he always wears a nice, black, belt to keep it from going down too low. His sneakers are both black and white, they were both comfortable and still functional in not breaking down. His socks go just above his ankles and are eggshell white. His outfit is completed with a polo shirt. One that is horizontally striped and flips between beige and white. It also has the number 57 over the heart area in a simple font. It's as long as any average T-shirt. He'll always have his collar down and it buttoned all the way up.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He doesn't like failing and will make sure that all necessary precautions are taken so that things can be as good as they can possibly be. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. This ties in with his perfectionism, he will put his sweat, blood and tears into things. When he starts something he always makes sure to finish it. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He always tries to find new and creative ways to solve his problems so that everything he does can be, you guessed it, perfect.

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Although he does like things to be perfect, this has caused him to always want to take the helm and make sure no one does anything wrong. Also, he's pretty cocky and a little pretentious. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He'll always expect that victory will always be right in his fingertips. He's also a bit of a snoop. He's always trying to act like Sherlock Holmes at any given interval. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not.

History: Vico was born and raised in a nice, high-class house in Hearthome City. His younger childhood was always happy, filled with joy and life seemed sweet as honey. It felt like retirement about seventy or so years early. Vico was also the was the fourth of four children. They were all quite successful in what they did. Always getting As, bringing home trophies, always being that sort of ideal family that you always wish your apart of because it would seem nice. Being the the last of several, highly successful siblings, he always felt that he had a goal in life, a goal that he needed to meet before his life ends.

A goal which he decided not just to meet, but to surpass, 10 fold. He was always determined from his goal of wanting to reach the high level of his siblings. That level of meeting perfection, and then finding a way, some way to get above perfection. And to get there, a single mistake would do nothing other than hold him down, so he always made sure that he would get used to making sure everything around him is perfect and that he takes any precautions to make sure it stays that way. But going to school in pre-teens, he saw that perfection wasn't in the minds of everyone so he always took it upon himself to make sure things stayed perfect. And honestly, it seemed like he was on his way. He was no disgrace to his family, he always tried and he always succeeded. He felt as if victory would always be a stone's throw away.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon: Wild Card

Sorry it took a bit longer than expected. :U

Doctor Who

Years
  • Eeveelution - You're accepted and your random turned out to be a Swinub! The stats will be on the first posts. You should probably edit in that you took a wildcard, but that's all ^^

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY! - You're also accepted! Your random turned out to be a Sneasel! The stats will be on the first posts.

Dragonite149 - You're accepted as well! I'm definitely liking her clothes ;)

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Thankyou Doctor Who, if it's not too late I'll take that spot and get to work on my SU. It should be up tonight. :)
    Here it is.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • Breezy. - You're accepted! I'm already liking Flora, and you're getting me real curious about her adventure ;) Your random turned out to be a Skitty! The stats will be on the first posts.

Is it just me or did all the randoms turn out to be Pokemon with names starting with an 'S'? Coincidences baffle me sometimes.

Anyway, the roleplay shall properly start tomorrow, though I'll still accept Sign-Ups until all the original spots are filled.

Years
  • If possible, I'd like to reserve Combee? I'll have my SU later tonight, assuming it doesn't crash again...

Edit: Here's my SU, let me know what you think.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
  • Vamaar - You're definitely accepted, I'm already liking Alex!

Chapter One:
    New Bark Town
    Number of posts: 1*

New Bark Town has hardly changed over the years. It has grown little population-wise, although there are many empty houses. Due to its proximity to the Johto-Kanto border many people left the town during the war, and haven't come back since. It was, in fact, to promote New Bark Town that President Grey decided to make it the main Pokémon give-away point.

Another quite striking addition from the war is a large imposing iron wall a few meters into the water. During the war it was meant to keep submarines and warships from mooring on New Bark's shores. After the destruction of Mount Silver an attempt to take it down was made, but due to budget costs the project was never finished, and so it still stands, albeit half-broken down, as a crude reminder of the dark days.

The old laboratory still stands, although the 30+ years have taken quite a toll on its appearance. It has been in disuse for over a decade, as a new central laboratory had been built in Goldenrod, but was destroyed in a bombing. Now there are cartboard boxes inside as well outside of the building. The inside is a mess of things not-yet in place. Machinery hooked up against the walls making weird noises or showing indecipherable images and data take up most of the space. The only place of calm is a shiny metal table with a Poké Ball holder holding quite a few Pokémon.

In de midst of it all stand two figures, one male and one female. The male should be a familiar face to you all, one that has been prominent on television for decades. President Gray. His hair is combed back, more gray than the original black, and he wears a perfectly tailored suit. The woman is in her late-twenties, with a latino look and dark brown hair in a messy bun. She introduces herself as Professor Acacia. It should be immediately obvious of a strong tension between the two.

The president is a charismatic man, but a bit secretive too. You might feel as if he's never fully saying what's on his mind. Professor Acacia is a lot different, very nice and almost motherly. She'll apologize for the unconventional starters, explaining how the traditional starters had been extinct for a few years now and they had to make do with these. She'll check off your name from a list and give you your starter, which has been chosen for you.

She'll also give you a thin rectangular device with one large screen. This is your Pokédex, the newest model available in Johto, though substantially behind those of other regions. It has a touch screen and comes with limited internet access, which is not surprising, as the whole of Johto has limited internet access these days. Besides the Pokédex she'll also give you your standard Poké Balls, which have not changed, and her phone number, instructing you to keep in contact with her.

REMEMBER: This is 30 years in the future, which means more advanced technology. Not by much though, because the war has put Johto about ± 10 years behind the other regions.
    Also mind that it's been 7 years since the end of the war, and even though it's peaceful now, reminds of the war should still be around you, both in scenery as well as in people's mind. And more-over, terrorist activity is a frequent thing, people might be quite nervous. The only trust there really is is blind trust in the government.

In other words: Simply head over to the Lab to receive your Pokémon, Pokédex and Poké Balls. The president should shake your hand and maybe have a talk with you, but for the most part he'll keep to himself.

* You may choose to do this in one post, or join it together with the route.

Chapter One and a Half:
    Route 29
    Free Post
    Number of Posts: 1-2

Route 29 is a mountainous road that hasn't changed much during the years. The terrain is a mixture of rocky paths and wild-growing grass, with pine trees on the sides. In fact it is one of the few regions that has stayed the same as it was 30 years ago, with only a slight change in the fauna. The only things that's changed is the amount of rubble. With the bombing of Mount Silver a lot of the rubble ended up on this route, making its terrain a little difficult to travel.

This is a Free Post, which means you have complete freedom. Within certain guidelines, of course, There will always be guidelines ;) . Some things you need to clear with me first, such as shinies and trades. If you're uncertain about something, don't be afraid to post it in the OOC, or send me a message.

What to do on a route:
    -Catch a Pokémon
    -Battle a trainer
    -Do some crazy things that will make me laugh.
    (Bonus points for the last one.)

What not to do:
    Catch a Pokémon and battle a trainer in one post. If you choose to try and capture a creature, then you automatically forfeit your right of exp. So think to yourself, do I really want this addition to the team, or would I be better up leveling my existing team?
    Go ahead and combine the last one with the others though xD In fact, please do. It might boost your level.

Notes on catching Pokémon:
    -Always end your post with your Ball shaking. And I mean always.
    -The rarer the Pokémon the harder the capture.
    -I'm not difficult on letting you catch a Pokémon (Unless shiny or very rare), but your level heavily depends on the quality, and quantity, of your post.
    -As a gift to awesome posts, either be it funny, an epic battle/capture or just fantastic in any other way, your captured Pokémon might reveal to have an egg move!

Now that that's out of the way, let's get on with the fun stuff.

Wild Pokémon:

Pidgey

Level: 2-5
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack
    Rarity: Common

Sentret

Level: 2-5
    Type: Normal
    Moves: Scratch, Foresight, Defense Curl