• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Join the Lakeland City Gym Group: Re-opened

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Well

can anyone explain what pokerus does?

If I am not mistaken, it doubles the EVs received from defeating a pokemon. For instance, if your Squirtle defeated a Pidgey then it would get 1 speed EV. However, if your Squirtle with the pokerus virus defeates a Pidgey then it gets 2 speed EVs.

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Yep

that's how i train my Pokemon in Emerald and Ruby.

I have pokerus and macho brace . . . then I just find a place with EVs I need and train away getting 4 or 8 every battle. My favorite place is the pond by the Sapphire Breeding Center. Surfing there turns up Marill 99% of the time and since he now has a pre-evolution, each defeat gives you 2 HP EVs which with brace and virus equals 8 EVs!!!

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Anyone want to test battle? It is my new IV and EV team . . . it should be fun!!!!

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Okay

master, I'd like to take the challenge.

If you would like to challenge me then go to the link in my sig. I might be able to challenge you tonight, but if not I will be traveling to DC for a few days.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    I've been breeding Cyndaquils recently to get one with a certain nature, and I was wondering if anyone would want one.

EDIT: Also have Squirtles.

Last edited:
    Back