• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JokesterJesse's Graphic Gallery!

JokesterJesee

JokesterJesse*
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Hi this is a gallery nothing else to it :P

Rules:
    1 - All PC rules apply.
    2 - Please do not flame me or anyone else.
    3 - No trolling.
    4 - Mild Language Please.
    5 - Do not steel my artwork, all you have to do is ask.
    6 - No Spamming.

Art:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
  • Giratina, Arcanine and Blaziken are outstanding, the lighting flows perfectly. Sadly my work is inferior, because I can't afford anything other than GIMP...and Windows 7 doesn't support it.

JokesterJesee

JokesterJesse*
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Giratina, Arcanine and Blaziken are outstanding, the lighting flows perfectly. Sadly my work is inferior, because I can't afford anything other than GIMP...and Windows 7 doesn't support it.

I use gimp too, and thanks for the comment :D

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    Heh, I remember seeing that Ariel one back in that contest on PE2k 8D
    I love your works c: Especially the Smoochum and Giratina ones n__n

JokesterJesee

JokesterJesse*
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Heh, I remember seeing that Ariel one back in that contest on PE2k 8D
    I love your works c: Especially the Smoochum and Giratina ones n__n

Thanks for the comments :D

Heres an Update.

Just FYI, the Blissey image I used probably had to have the worst quality image I have ever used. It took alot of smudging, blurring, sharpening and gradient maps to make it look better.

JokesterJesee

JokesterJesse*
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Another Update.

I have been listening to Kanye West's New album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" So I was inspired to make this.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Not bad stuff, you have potential, but have a lot of practise to be done.

bliss.png
    The main irk with this tag is the fact that you lost the render. You smudged too much of Blissey that if you didn't know what Blissey looked like, you wouldn't be able to work it out. That said, when making a smudge tag, you should smudge the background in one direction (unless the flow suggests more than one direction) and create some smudge layers over the focal to help blend it in. I'm afraid you've gone way to far.

Also the pentool lines don't really help the flow as much as I'm sure you would've liked. The one on the left is way too thick and neither are really that smooth/neat. The smudged line, like the curvy one closest to Blissey on the right side looks good, if you smudged the other two lines like you did with that one, that'd look good.

Next, the tag as a whole doesn't have enough effects that stand out. The smudging is really like smudged into itself, and it has no defined lines or breaks or shapes within the smudge. That is important in creating flow with only smudge. You need to use hard brush shapes to do that. The effect c4ds really don't do anything for the tag, I mean having only one area with it in and considering it is so hard to see, it doesn't do much for the tag.

Lastly, the colours are not fantastic. It is not a monotone tag, but the colours could use some saturating and the some different gradient maps/soft brushing to help bring out some other colours other than pink.

Keep experimenting and trying to make the flow really strong and obvious in all your tags, and add more effects, the Kanye one as well could go with more effects. More bold, strong and defined effects. If you are using effect c4ds on screen/lighten, you can really bulk them up and put heaps and end up with a good outcome.

Back