• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Judge's Mission In Alola

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
  • Well my events of yesterday started with first picking up the game. After that, I started playing the game. My in game events started with me meeting Professor Kukui. He then started showing me around certain parts of the starting island. He then had me search for Hala to meet him. I decided to look north to find Hala. While I went searching, I encountered the precarious rope bridge. After helping someone there, I was finally able to get my first Pokemon in the game.

After getting Popplio, I then had a battle with Hau. His Litten had no chance against my Popplio. After that, I headed back to my house. The next day, I got the standard how to catch Pokemon spiel. (I really did not need it since I am a long time Pokemon player.) After that, I caught myself more Pokemon. (Apparently the game had no problem with me giving one of them the nickname "Scumbag".)

After completing a battle as part of of festival, I able to start my journey proper. One place I visited I was able to change my look. At another location I was had my first encounter with members of Team Skull. My current objective is to continue on Route 2 to go for my first island challenge. I have seen 25 Pokemon and caught 9.

Metroid Series Planets Team
    Zebes (Popplio)
    Lv: 15/Male
    Nature: Gentle
    Moves: Pound, Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Disarming Voice

Tallon IV (Pikipek)
    Lv: 11/Female
    Nature: Docile
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Echoed Voice, Rock Smash

Arcterra (to be caught)
    Norion (to be caught)
    Aether (to be caught)
    Elysia (to be caught)

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yesterday my events started with me getting the Munchlax from Mystery Gift. As for in-game events, the first thing I did was complete my first island trial. Course while I was doing it, two grunts of Team Skull showed up. (Course since I choose the bottom answer, I think that was the snarky answer.) After I completed the island trial, I was able to explore more of Melemele Island. While I was exploring, at one point the Pokemon I had with me got Pokerus. (It must have been caused by a trio of Mankey I battled.)

Anyways continuing on Route 3, at one point I went to a meadow where one Pokemon I caught was an Oricorio. (I ended up giving it the nickname of Cheerleader since it was in the Pom-Pom style.) I then made it back to Iki Town where I had my first kahuna battle against Hala. After beating him, I was able get an item that allowed me to call Pokemon to ride them. After I called a Tauros to ride, I was able to go to a certain cave. One Pokemon I encountered in the cave was a Carbink. (After a battle with three Carbink, which one did I capture? Answer: a Sableye that entered the battle.) After finishing up things on Melemele Island, It was time to go to the next island.

After arriving on Akala Island, I found out there are three island trials. While I was exploring the city where I was I encountered two familiar characters.
    Spoiler:
    After I got an item from them, I headed to Route 4. After making it to a town that had an Old West style look to it, I had another battle with Hau. After I beat him, I headed to Route 5, while first making a stop at a ranch. While I was on Route 5, I had yet another battle with a Team Skull member. My next objective is to do my next island trial. I have seen 60 Pokemon and caught 37.

Zebes (Popplio -> Brionne)
    Lv: 25/Male
    Hold Item: Amulet Coin
    Moves: Pound, Bubble Beam, Aqua Jet, Disarming Voice

Tallon IV (Pikipek -> Trumbeak)
    Lv: 21/Female
    Holditem: Fightinium Z
    Moves: Roost, Brick Break, Pluck, Rock Smash

Aether (Mudbray)
    Lv: 17/Male
    Hold Item: None
    Nature: Mild
    Moves: Mud Slap, Double Kick, Rototiller, Bulldoze

Arcterra (to be caught)
    Norion (to be caught)
    Elysia (to be caught)

Bay

Years
  • Haha I encountered several Carbink in one battle myself but I got annoyed how much they were kicking my butt so I didn't bother catching them. Nice on getting Sableye, though. You're also around the same spot as I am, though I plan to play a bit more today.

After reading and enjoying your Yellow playthough, I always thought the nicknames you gave your Pokemon were fun.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yesterday my events started with me doing my second island trial. It was a quite interesting one. (On a difficulty rating, I give a medium.) After I completed that trial, I headed onto Route 6 to continue my mission. After going through Route 6, I decided to check out the Battle Royal. That was an interesting experience. After that, it was time for me to go do my next island trial.

After leaving the Battle Royal, I headed on to Route 7 where I made a detour to a volcano park (My guess about a volcano was correct.) Course while I was at the volcano park, I caught my fourth team member. Then it was time for me to get to the top of the volcano for my island trial. That trial was fun and interesting. (Course it was also very easy.) After completing that trial, I then had one island trial left to go. So I headed from the volcano park to get to Route 8.

While I was on Route 8, I encountered someone very familiar.
    Spoiler:
    After talking with the person, I headed to a jungle for my last island trial. That island trial was unusual. (Maybe the trial captain would do well to have a cooking show. On a difficulty rating, I would rate it is a hard.) After completing said trial, I was ready to go face the island kahuna. Course while heading to where I would have to go, I caught the fifth member of my team. My next objective is to go face the island kahuna. I have seen 87 Pokemon and caught 48.

Zebes (Brionne)
    Lv: 31/Male
    Moves: Pound, Bubble Beam, Aqua Jet, Disarming Voice

Tallon IV (Trumbeak)
    Lv: 26/Female
    Hold Item: Fightinium Z
    Moves: Fury Attack, Brick Break, Pluck, Rock Smash

Aether (Mudbray)
    Lv: 24/Male
    Moves: Mud-Slap, High Horsepower, Rototiller, Bulldoze

Elysia (Salandit)
    Lv: 22/Female
    Hold Item: Firium Z
    Nature: Sassy
    Moves: Ember, Flame Charge, Dragon Rage, Smog

Norion (Grubbin)
    Lv: 19/Male
    Nature: Calm
    Moves: Bite, Bug Bite, Spark, Acrobatics

Arcterra (to be caught)

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • My events of yesterday started with me going to the Dimensional Research Lab. While I was there, I encountered a character that debuted in Pokemon Dream Radar.
    Spoiler:
    There was an interesting discussion about other dimensions. After that, left to go do my next kahuna battle. Course I had to go through Diglett's Tunnel (This is the second location that is named after those little guys. Could they be hiding some secret?)

After making it through Diglett's Tunnel (Course I did mess with Team Skull again.), I ended up at a town where I could buy items that were probably imported from other regions. After going to one of the shops, I got a message to go to some ruins. While I was enroute to the ruins, I had a battle with a Team Skull admin. After that battle, Zebes evolved to its final form. Then I made it to the Ruins where I had my second Kahuna battle.

After I completed that battle, I then went to a grand hotel where I met an important member of the Aether Foundation. During that meeting, Hou and I got invited to visit Aether Paradise before heading to Ula'ula Island. So the next location I went to was Aether Paradise. While I was there, I had my first encounter with an Ultra Beast. It was an interesting battle. (Course something is up with the head of the Aether Foundation.)

After leaving Aether Paradise, Hau and I made it Ula'ula Island. When we got there, we had a battle with each other. After the battle, we went to meet with Professor Kukui at a garden. Went the meeting was finished, I found out where I had to go for my next island trial. Where I was enroute to where I had to go, I encountered Professor Samson Oak (a.k.a. Alolan Oak). After talking with him, I met up with Lillie outside of a library. So Lillie and I went in to the library to read a book about legends. After reading about the legends, I left the library and headed to Route 10 so I could get to my next island trial. Said Island trial is my next objective. I have seen 115 Pokemon and caught 64.

Zebes (Brionne -> Primarina)
    Lv: 38/Male
    Moves: Double Slap, Bubble Beam, Sparkling Aria, Disarming Voice

Tallon IV (Trumbeak -> Toucannon)
    Lv: 32/Female
    Moves: Fury Attack, Brick Break, Beak Blast, Rock Smash

Aether (Mudbray -> Mudsdale)
    Lv: 31/Male
    Moves: Mud-Slap, High Horsepower, Iron Defense, Bulldoze

Elesia (Salandit)
    Lv: 29/Female
    Moves: Flame Burst, Flame Charge, Dragon Rage, Toxic

Norion (Grubbin -> Charjabug)
    Lv: 28/Male
    Moves: Crunch, Bug Bite, Spark, Acrobatics

Arcterra (to be caught)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • My events of yesterday started with me finishing up Route 10. After battling all the trainers there, Professor Kukui and i headed to a mountain top observatory. After a discussion with Professor Kukui, I met the person in charge of the PC Storage System in Alola. I then had a battle with him. (That was a first.)

After that battle, I headed into the observatory where the next island trial was. During the battle with the totem Vikavolt, Zebes managed to win with one HP left. (This is because I had done a lot of Pokemon Refresh.) After the battle, I then left the observatory, and headed back to the garden that I visited earlier in the game. When I got back to the garden, I met and had a battle with the boss of Team Skull. I then returned an item to Professor Kukui.
    Spoiler:

After that, I found out what type my next island trial would be. I then headed through Route 11. Course when I saw Route 12, I found out I would need to ride another Pokemon to get through it. While I was going through Route 12, I made a detour to visit a geothermal plant. The geothermal plant was interesting to visit. After that detour, I made it to the ruins of a town that destroyed by an island guardian. I then stopped at a house to get access the location where the island trial would be held. Course then Rotomdex said that it was scared to go there. (Which is very ironic considering that normally Rotom is part ghost.)

After go to the location and clearing the trial, I then headed back in to catch a Haunter since it was needed for a trade. I then headed back to the Pokemon Center to trade the Haunter for a Graveler. After doing the trade, I headed back to Route 13 where I had another battle with the Team Skull admin. I then found out that I had to go to a town that was taken over by Team Skull to get back a stolen Pokemon. After that I encountered someone to get me access to another ride Pokemon.
    Spoiler:
    After making it to Route 16, I stopped in a building where I encountered Sina and Dexio again who then told me the importance of the item they gave me earlier. I then proceeded to Route 17. My next objective is to get back the stolen Pokemon. I have seen 166 Pokemon and caught 79.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Lv: 47/Male

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Lv: 40/Female
    Moves: Bullet Seed, Brick Beak, Beak Blast, Rock Smash

Aether (Mudsdale)
    Lv: 39/Male
    Moves: Mud-Slap, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Bulldoze

Elysia (Salandit -> Salazzle)
    Lv: 38/Female
    Moves: Flame Burst, Flame Charge, Dragon Rage, Toxic

Norion (Charjabug)
    Lv: 38/Male
    Hold Item: Electrium Z
    Moves: Crunch, X-Scissor, Spark, Dig

Arcterra (to be caught)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • My events of yesterday started with me going to Po Town to deal with Team Skull to get back a stolen Pokemon. After defeating the Team Skull members outside of Po Town, an odd looking guy showed up and asked me if I had thought my plan through. When I answered yes, I was able to go on into Po Town. Po Town was certainly set up as a maze. (Course when I went to the Pokemon Center I had to pay for healing.) After going through the outside of Po Town, I entered the ruined mansion there where I had another battle with Guzma. After beating him, I got the Buginium Z from a chest.
    Spoiler:
    I then left Po Town to head back to the Aether House on Route 15.

When I go back to the house I found out that Lillie had been taken to Aether Paradise. Then Gladion showed up to battle me. After the battle, it was decided that he, I and Hau would go storm Aether Paradise to rescue Lillie. When we got to the docks to head to Aether Paradise, the odd looking guy showed up . Turns out the odd looking guy was actually the Ula'ula Island kahuna. After finishing the grand trial, Gladion, Hau, and I left for Aether Paradise.

After reaching Aether Paradise, Gladion, Hau and I fought our way through. Course we did find some interesting info in a couple of secret labs. As we were making our way through, we encountered Guzma and Team Skull grunts (Could they be working with the Aether Foundation?) After making it into the manor, I found out why Lillie was taken. It was because Lusamine wanted to use Nebby's power to open Ultra Portals. After watching a cutscene that showed Ultra Portals opening across Alola, it was time to battle Lusamine. After beating her, she and Guzma fled into the Ultra Portal. After that, Lillie, Gladion, Hau and I noticed the Neeby's form had changed (It could mean something very important later.) My most likely next objective is to leave Aether Paradise and continue my island challenge. I have seen 189 Pokemon and my caught amount has not changed since my last update.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Lv: 54/Male
    Moves: Double Slap, Bubble Beam, Sparkling Aura, Disarming Voice

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Lv: 46/Female
    Moves: Bullet Seed, Brick Break, Beak Blast, Rock Smash

Aether (Mudsdale)
    Lv: 44/Male
    Moves: Mud-Slap, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Bulldoze

Elysia (Salazzle)
    Lv: 44/Female
    Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Venoshock, Toxic

Norion (Charjabug)
    Lv: 44/Male
    Moves: Crunch, X-Scissor, Spark, Discharge

Arcterra (to be caught)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • My events of yesterday started with me leaving Aether Paradise for Poni Island. When I reached Poni Island the first objective was to find the kahuna for information on how to help Nebby. Course then we found out that there currently was not one. So we decided to search out Hapu for help. When we got to where Hapu was, we found out that we would have to seek help from the island guardian. Course I got Machamp added to my Ride Pager before heading to the guardian cave.

After reaching the cave,
    Spoiler:
    Then we found out that we had to get one more flute from Exeggutor Island. After visiting Exeggutor Island and getting the flute, it was time to head to Vast Poni Canyon to go to where the flutes had to be used. When I reached the entry of Vast Poni Canyon, I then had my Poni Island Grand Trial. After beating the island kahuna, it was time to to go through Vast Poni Canyon. Even though I made it through there, I did not yet find the Pokemon I was looking for there. My next objective is to get the Pokemon that I am looking for. I have currently seen 216 Pokemon and caught 90.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Lv: 60/Male

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Lv: 53/Female
    Moves: Bullet Seed, Brick Break, Beak Blast, Hyper Voice

Aether (Mudsdale)
    Lv: 50/Male
    Hold Item: Groundium Z
    Moves: Earthquake, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Bulldoze

Elysia (Salazzle)
    Lv: 50/Female
    Hold item: Firium Z
    Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Venoshock, Toxic

Norion (Charjabug -> Vikavolt)
    Moves: Crunch, X-Scissor, Thunderbolt, Discharge

Arcterra (to be caught)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yesterday's events started with me finally getting the final member of my team. Then I did the Dragon type island trial. The totem Kommo-o was tough to beat since its ability negated the super effective move that Zebes could use against it. After I beat the Dragon type island trial, I reached the Altar of the Moone. (Yeah, I have no idea why it ends with an "e" instead of leaving the "e" off.) Lillie and I then played the flutes to summon Lunala.

After Lunala was summoned, we entered a portal to another dimension. When we got there, we found out that Lusamine had gone insane. After beating her in a battle, (the Clefable was really annoying,) we were able to leave the other dimension. Then I used my Master Ball to catch Lunala. I then found out from Nanu that I was able to go to the Pokemon League. So I decided to head there.

When I got back to Tapu Village, it was time for me to climb Mount Lanakila. While I was climbing Mount Lanakila I got the Icium Z-crystal. When I reached the top of Mount Lanakila, it was time for me to battle the Elite Four. When it came to the battles against the members of the Elite Four, I recall that Flying was tough, Ghost was ok, Rock was easy, Fighting was easy. Then came the battle to become champion. That battle was against
    Spoiler:
    After I won the battle, I became the new Alola Champion.

After that, we headed back to Iki Town to celebrate me becoming champion. Course during the celebration, Lillie and I headed to the Ruins of Conflict to thank Tapu Koko. Then Tapu Koko wanted to test my strengh for itself, so I had a battle with it. When I captured Tapu Koko, it was a milestone capture. After that, I watched the credits and started the post game, my next objective is to search for the Ultra Beasts. I have seen 237 Pokemon and caught 100.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Lv: 66/Male
    Ability: Torrent

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Lv: 59/Female
    Ability: Keen Eye

Aether (Mudsdale)
    Lv: 55/Male
    Ability: Own Tempo

Elysia (Salazzle)
    Lv: 56/Female
    Ability: Corrosion
    Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Venom Drench, Toxic

Norion (Vikavolt)
    Lv: 56/Male
    Ability: Levitate

Arcterra (Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o)
    Ability: Soundproof
    Hold Item: Dragonium Z
    Nature: Lax
    Moves: Sky Uppercut, Screech, Clanging Scales, Dragon Claw

(This is the second time where I have had a pseudo-Legendary Pokemon as a member of one of my Pokemon teams)

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yesterday, my events started with me continuing where I left off in the Ultra Beasts side quests. The first thing I did was get the Beast Balls. After getting the Beast Balls, I went back to the motel on Route 8. That was when I got my first briefing on one of the Ultra Beasts. I then went to one of the locations where UB-01 had been spotted. When I got there, I did remember to catch it. (I ended up nicknaming it Jellyfish.) After I caught it, went back to report my success and get the next mission.

The second Ultra Beast mission took me back to the location of the very first island trial in the game. When I caught the first UB-02, I thought I only had to catch one. Nope, I had to catch all four. (I ended up giving them the following nicknames: Legs, Crit UB, Tiny Waist, and Stick Figure.) (Yeah, you read that right. I did critical capture an Ultra Beast.) After I caught all four of them, I reported the completion of the mission and got started on the third mission.

Mission number three took me back to Lush Jungle. For that mission, Aether was a big help for dealing with UB-03. Course while I easily caught the first one, it took me more than one battle to catch the second one. (I ended up giving them the nicknames of Wires and Electro.) With both of UB-03 caught, I reported my success and was ready for the fourth mission.

When it came to UB-04, I went to a desert I had not gone to before. (Yeah I forgot to go there until that mission.) Course while I was in the desert, I did catch a Pokemon that was not an Ultra Beast. Then I encountered and caught both UB-04 that were in the desert. (I ended up giving them the nicknames of Torpedoes and Bomber.) I then left the desert to report the completion of the mission. I also got my briefing for the final mission.

When I got back to Poni Island, I found out that UB-05 had been spotted in a cave on the eastern side of the island. Well I had not explored the eastern side of the island. While I was exploring the eastern side of the island before reaching the the cave, I caught a couple more Pokemon. When I was in the cave, I found UB-05 after getting an item. Fortunately, there was only one UB-05. (I ended up giving it the nickname Julius.) (Well it was described as a glutton.) My next objective is to report the success of the mission. I have seen 251 species of Pokemon and caught 109.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Lv: 70/Male
    Met: Iki Town

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Lv: 63/Female
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Met: Route 1

Aether (Mudsdale)
    Lv: 60/Male
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Met: Route 4

Elysia (Salazzle)
    Lv: 60/Female
    Ability: Corrosion
    Met: Wela Volcano Park
    Moves: Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Venom Drench, Toxic

Norion (Vikavolt)
    Lv: 59/Male
    Ability: Levitate
    Met: Route 5

Arcterra (Kommo-o)
    Lv: 54/Male
    Hold Item: Dragonium Z
    Ability: Soundproof
    Nature: Lax
    Met: Vast Poni Canyon
    Moves: Sky Uppercut, Noble Roar, Clanging Scales, Dragon Claw

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Yesterday my events started with me finishing up the Ultra Beasts side quest. When I talked to Looker at the very end of it, I got 1,000,000 Pokedollars. (Since I had caught 10 Ultra Beasts, that meant that each one I caught got me 100,000 Pokedollars.) After that, I decided to then explore the parts of Poni Island I had not explored yet. I am currently doing the Poni Gauntlet. I have seen 255 species of Pokemon and caught 110.

Zebes (Primarina)
    Role: The Leader
    Lv: 72/Male
    Met: Iki Town

Tallon IV (Toucannon)
    Role: The Lancer
    Lv: 65/Female