• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I just want to put it out there I' mthe first person to actually put out the ide aof Bronzor and Bronzong being connected to the Distortion World :)
    Haha, I know but that's one wacky idea...almost as crazy as Mew being related to Ditto...

Well the new Pokemon are great in my opinion :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    The Axe Dragon is AMAZING. Plus, a coffin pokemon? That could be cool. I like the gothic thingy too. And the rock thing in the middle of the second pic...looks cool.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Bronzor and Bronzong are related to Shintoism a religion practiced in Japan while Desukaan is related to Egyptian Mythology about the dead and all that stuff :)

Well, sort of. More accurately, Bronzor and Bronzong hail from a specific Japanese myth. The two Pokemon aren't particularly affiliated with the religion itself; in fact, bronze mirrors were quite common for the time.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Originally Posted by Lolfish
    Hehe Yes it does, sort of like a grass version. (Possibly you use a leaf stone, or something else)

The Axe Bug pokemon looks like a Scyther/Scizor Evolution.
    The coffin pokemon Is just possibly a new pokemon that does not have anything to do with the older pokemon. Put it to rest people.
    The unamed pokemon to the far right on the picture beside the weird Heatran/Nosepass/Metagross thing looks like a buneary evolution.

The Pokemon Company is running out of ideas...

Look at this image and tell me it looks like a Mantis, I DARE YOU:

[June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Xous54 is well known for making art that resembles that of Sugimori's, so you can just bet that Ononokusu is going to look like this. He in no way resembles a Mantis.

Also I do not think Scyther or Scizor would turn into a heavily armored dinosaur with an Axe coming out of his mouth.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Look at this image and tell me it looks like a Mantis, I DARE YOU:

Xous54 is well known for making art that resembles that of Sugimori's, so you can just bet that Ononokusu is going to look like this. He in no way resembles a Mantis.

Also I do not think Scyther or Scizor would turn into a heavily armored dinosaur with an Axe coming out of his mouth.

Seriously, can you just let it go already? People can call the Pokémon whatever they freakin' please. I call the ectoplasmic thing Rotom-2. Is it? NOT AT ALL, but I can still call it that.

TwinkleClefable

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star~
    Years
    I hope they make more Egyptian Pokemon...

The Coffin monster reminds me of a floormaster....maybe because of the hand
    The mantis one is a digimon
    And i think i just saw Monty mole and Drillmon. Lol

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Seriously, can you just let it go already? People can call the Pokémon whatever they freakin' please. I call the ectoplasmic thing Rotom-2. Is it? NOT AT ALL, but I can still call it that.

Just don't call it 'looks like it will be an evolution of Rotom'. If you speculate something, expect rebuttal.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    I kinda wondering if that Tarantula Pokemon is the Evolve form of Ariados using Thunder Stone. But We'll see more details anyway.

It isn't going to happen! Oh, don't get me wrong I would love the reuse of old item, but, if the tarantula is an evo of ariados, they are going to made a newsuperiperelectrizeruseless-thing for that stupid "rule" that old pokemon must evolve in new ways to not create a contradiction in old game (example electrabuzz doesen't evolve with thunder stone because in yellow thunder stone has no effect on it). It's very stupid, and I wouldn't care less if this appens, but Gamefreak is a bit dull sometimes...

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years

Umm...Are you angry? Slow down okay!

It isn't going to happen! Oh, don't get me wrong I would love the reuse of old item, but, if the tarantula is an evo of ariados, they are going to made a newsuperiperelectrizeruseless-thing for that stupid "rule" that old pokemon must evolve in new ways to not create a contradiction in old game (example electrabuzz doesen't evolve with thunder stone because in yellow thunder stone has no effect on it). It's very stupid, and I wouldn't care less if this appens, but Gamefreak is a bit dull sometimes...

Sorry if I do made a mistake. But I just wondering, Sorry buddy. Take it easy alright.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Mistah, I like your speculation and all, but I think it would be preferred if you called the "Dragon Axe" Pokemon by what it was originally called, a mantis.

And before I hear anymore ranting about it not being a mantis, Magamr doesn't look like a duck, but it's based off one. Diglett and Dugtrio look nothing like actual moles, but that's what they are.

So yes, Ononokusu is a mantis, like it or not guys.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Mistah, I like your speculation and all, but I think it would be preferred if you called the "Dragon Axe" Pokemon by what it was originally called, a mantis.

And before I hear anymore ranting about it not being a mantis, Magamr doesn't look like a duck, but it's based off one. Diglett and Dugtrio look nothing like actual moles, but that's what they are.

So yes, Ononokusu is a mantis, like it or not guys.

Its never been officially called a mantis, its only been falsely speculated as one. It shares no features with a Mantis. Magmar isn't a duck its a clown. Diglett looks like a mole.

Looks nothing like a mantis.

This pokemon looks like Ononokusu's prevo because it has blades coming out of it's mouth and is a small lizard/dinosaur. It shares no features with a mantis.

When a pokemon is based off of something it usually shares a feature or two with that creature. It doesn't have to be a large feature. Magmar sort of has a duck bill and Diglet acts and looks sort of like a mole. Ononokusu shares nothing with a mantis. He has a different mouth, jaw, tail, body, legs, claws and overall structure. Why would they call a Dinosaur with Steel blades coming out his mouth a mantis when he looks nothing like one? You want a mantis? Use scyther.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Who speculated it? If not Game Freak, must of been someone big.

P.S, I hope your joking about Magmar being a clown.

Back