• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [June 27] OHA SUTA REVEALS NEW POKEMON!?

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Just my two cents

In my opinion, triple battles are a wee bit broken. Imagine a pokemon using explosion and wiping out half of both trainer's teams, that would be really cheap.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    In my opinion, triple battles are a wee bit broken. Imagine a pokemon using explosion and wiping out half of both trainer's teams, that would be really cheap.

Even worse a 6v6 battle with Explosion you win but both teams die so yeah that would be stupid maybe they will weaken it in this Gen?

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    ehhhhh..... i'm not disappointed, but i'm a bit underwhelmed- i do love the baby mole and it's evo though :) actually the only one i don't like as of right now is the sarcophagus pokemon and i can't even see the front.. sooo....

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Yeah, triple battle looks messed up. But heck ,you'll get a whole lotta money from it.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Even worse a 6v6 battle with Explosion you win but both teams die so yeah that would be stupid maybe they will weaken it in this Gen?

I agree with you. I would suspect that the moves power will be cut by 25% in triple battles so that it wouldn't be as broken. Still, triple battles is going to be really crazy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    A triple battle, well appearantly each odd gen adds one more pokemon into the battle, Gen 1 added well 1 :P, gen3 added double battles, gen 5 added triple battles.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    And but what scares me is if triple battle is an option in WiFi battles. Al lyou need is a Water, Fire and Grass type and it's practically in the bag :/

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    Don't worry people. Remember when the Gen. 4 Pokémon were shown? Probopass looked so ridiculous to me. And even though it still does look ridiculous, the other Gen. 4 Pokémon made up for it. Just wait. When all of them have been revealed, we might just get a smile. I hope. As for my opinions, I like all of them except the green one and the one that looks like a trainer. I make no comment on the Pokémon that we only see the back-sprites on.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I agree with you. I would suspect that the moves power will be cut by 25% in triple battles so that it wouldn't be as broken. Still, triple battles is going to be really crazy.

Yeah but imagine Helping Hand, Helping Hand, Explosion haha thats got to suck... Even worse Plusle and Minun using Helping Hand on Gears using Explosion... their abilities plus the helping hand and you are screwed...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Yeah but imagine Helping Hand, Helping Hand, Explosion haha thats got to suck... Even worse Plusle and Minun using Helping Hand on Gears using Explosion... their abilities plus the helping hand and you are screwed...

Well there go all the strategy to this beautiful game now, down the drain.

People wil lfind quick and stupid ways to win, and it'll drive me nuts!

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Well there go all the strategy to this beautiful game now, down the drain.

People wil lfind quick and stupid ways to win, and it'll drive me nuts!

That's what I'm saying... *Adds Poliwrath with Damp to team* okay I'm good...

I'm guessing they need to use those abilities more so yeah...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well I pray to god that is only for in the game and not for wifi battling or now strategic battling just got more difficult.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Well I pray to god that is only for in the game and not for wifi battling or now strategic battling just got more difficult.

Same here because if wifi supported triple battles in Black/White, alot of n00bs would be abusing explosion for an easy win.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i'm gone for 4 hours and all this happens!
    i love most of thes new pokemon but not the triple battles......

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The Pokemon don't really look bad.... just weird-ass. Very weird-ass.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Sorry to spoil your dreams :(, but the trainer seems to be going into what looks like wi-fi mood and then sends out the trio...

Thats just GF not showing you the other battle sprites yet you can't tell what it is they just changed things for the pictures...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well I think i'l lstick to Gen.4 wifi battling thx XD

but yeah, the Sarcophagus pkmn has me really intrigued. i hope more gets leaked

Back