• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just another OU RMT...Help needed!

Defense

British Insomniac :D
    Years
    Just Another OU RMT...

Hello there! This is my first RMT on this site, and is a new team I have developed. I need some pointers so critisism is taken! (As long as it isn't mean ¬¬) Heres the team!

Lead Metagross
    Occa Berry
    Adamant
    Clear Body
    Ev's: 252atk 252spe 4def
    Moves
    Stealth rock
    Bullet Punch
    Earthquake
    Explosion

Your standard lead metagross, except I mixed his EV's up to make him faster, and deal more damage. He can take on any lead not named Swampert and will almost always get up stealth rock and tke out the opposing lead. Occa Berry allows him to survive Infernape's Fire blast and OHKO back with Earthquake.

Dual Screen Uxie
    Light Clay
    Impish
    Levitate
    EV's: 252Hp, 252Def, 4Sp Def
    Moves
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Yawn
    U-turn

I simply love this pokemon, and it uses Dual Screens to perfection. After Metagross explodes, I usually switch to Uxie and set up either Screen depending on the pokemon Im facing, then set up the other, Yawn and then U-turn on the switch. This set works absolubte wonders when I want to send out a sweeper to allow it to set up. The Ev's are for survivability in the physically dominated metgame.

Nasty Plot Togekiss
    Leftovers
    Modest
    Serene Grace
    Ev's: 252Hp, 152Sp atk, 104 Spe
    Moves
    Nasty Plot
    Roost
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash

Your standard special Sweeping Togekiss. His general bulk allows him to easily set up a nasty plot, and with screens up, he can even manage to get a 6+ Boost around 30% of the time. Roost allows him heal off any damage and The Ev investment allows him to outspeed adamant Tyranitar.

Dragon Dance Kingdra
    Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Adamant
    Swift Swim
    Ev's: 252atk, 252Spe, 4Sp Def
    Moves
    Dragon Dance
    Substitute
    Outrage
    Waterfall

Physical Sweeper. After screens are up, it makes it easier to set up a substitute and DD, before attempting to sweep. Anything that isn't Empoleon or Shedninja gets hit hard by STAB and the Ev's are just thrown into Attack and Speed. Im not sure of whether I should replace him with Swmpert or Skarmory, or another sweeper alltogether.

Revenge Killer Scizor
    Choice Band
    Adamant
    Technician
    Ev's: 248Hp, 252Atk, 8Spe
    Moves
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Pursuit
    U-turn

90 base power Bullet Punch (including technician and STAB), great defenses, 591 Attack and incredible Tanking ability make Scizor the No1 Revenge Killer in the metagame today. His huge attack backed up by STAB and Choice Band make him incredible against any weakened foe. After my sweepers have done their Job, or Uxie sets up another layer of Screens, he can just come on in and destroy ALMOST ANYTHING with its amazing coverage and powerful priority move, Bullet Punch.

Spin-Blocking Dusknoir
    Leftovers
    Impish
    Pressure
    Ev's: 252Hp, 28Atk ,228Def
    Moves
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch

This is my main Tank, that stops Rapid spinners and cripples Physical Sweepers with Will-o-wisp, while Healing with Pain Split and Tearing the opponent with its good coverage and decent attack stat. Ev's are focused in HP and Defense, while the rest is invested into Attack for added power.

Ok! Thats my team! Any critisism is taken, and trust me, I need all the help I can get. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    I think Togekiss would be much happier as a paraflinch.
    Dusknoir doesn't seem like it'll do much, I don't think it could defeat a Starmie, at least with that moveset; I think for a nice surprise you could have two SR'ers.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Sucknoir isn't doing much here. Rotom-A does the job much better and can help with Gyarados, which nothing can really take down.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Also let's you take status, which you can't really do either.

Sniper >> Swift Swim on Kingdra please. The chances of running into a Rain team in OU are as likely as getting a OHKO on Blissey with Focus Blast. Sniper allows you to net some kills is hax is in your favour.

That's all I got now. Someone else could probably give a better rate.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    I beg to differ on the Kingdra, my main OU team is a Rain Dance Team, besides a normal crit hit from smogon's mixed kingdra is well enough to OHKO a common pokemon.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Roar/Whirlwind completely ruins your team, before you set up your +6 togekiss for a sweep it will get blown away by one of the most common phazers, skarmory/hippowdon/swampert.

As your team really relies upon togekiss and kingdra for a sweep i would suggest you have a counter for skarmory which nothing on this team can touch, something to replace dusknoir, like rotom-a because its stab electric type move will scare away/ko skarmory. (use set above)

rotom-a also provides you with a safe switch for electric type moves aimed at your togekiss.

Any physical tank that sets up also provides cause for alarm in your team because your strategy is setting up for a sweep not denying other strategies, things like crocune with roar and crogyra will cause immense trouble for this team.(though not so much if you add rotom-a).

In summary things that can phaze your team will wreck your team.
    (That's all I got now. Someone else could probably give a better rate.)

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
    Sucknoir isn't doing much here. Rotom-A does the job much better and can help with Gyarados, which nothing can really take down.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Discharge/Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Also let's you take status, which you can't really do either.

A Zapdos would be better-

Zapdos@Leftovers/Life orb
    Bold
    Evs-248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Heat wave
    Rest
    Sleep talk

I know it's NOT a Spin-blocker,still might be better than Rotom.

Sniper >> Swift Swim on Kingdra please. The chances of running into a Rain team in OU are as likely as getting a OHKO on Blissey with Focus Blast. Sniper allows you to net some kills is hax is in your favour.

Umm,it's not THAT little a chance of a Rain team.
    Use Rest+Lum berry on kingdra for Healing options.

Last edited:

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    A Zapdos would be better-

Zapdos@Leftovers/Life orb
    Bold
    Evs-248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Heat wave
    Rest
    Sleep talk
    Hes looking for a spin blocker plus with a rest talker that doesn't set up your just burning lightscreen/reflect turns. something he doesn't want to do.

Instead go with the Rotom set which at least stops physical sweepers and blocks spins which is what he wanted.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    There are better walls than Dusknior (like, everything). You don't really need a spin blocker since all you have up are stealth rocks. I would go with Scizor007's suggestion and use Zapdos, but I would use the SubRoost set, it is a great asset due to Pressure and SubRoost stalling.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    248 HP / 184 SpD / 78 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Roost
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Roar / Toxic

Alternatively, Special Defense Skarmory is a great mixed wall imo, probably the best one in OU.

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Impish Nature
    ~ Roost
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Whirlwind
    ~ (normally spikes goes here, but something like Toxic could be useful)

Just my 2 cents.

Even Flow

Welcome to the Zoo
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2018
    There are better walls than Dusknior (like, everything). You don't really need a spin blocker since all you have up are stealth rocks. I would go with Scizor007's suggestion and use Zapdos, but I would use the SubRoost set, it is a great asset due to Pressure and SubRoost stalling.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    248 HP / 184 SpD / 78 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Roost
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Roar / Toxic

Alternatively, Special Defense Skarmory is a great mixed wall imo, probably the best one in OU.

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Impish Nature
    ~ Roost
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Whirlwind
    ~ (normally spikes goes here, but something like Toxic could be useful)

Just my 2 cents.

Or he could use Skarmory in conjunction with Rotom-A then he could use Spikes which might help because of this team lack of/easy to stop offense.

Actually, this is very metagame weak. By that i mean several top threats beat you with ease. LO Heatran, Infernape, Dragonite, Gyarados...the list just goes on and on.

Uxie, Togekiss and Noir seem really dead weight honestly. I feel you should better cover your weaknesses. There is a great resource stuck here, the threat list. I suggest you use that. Good luck. ^_^

Pokemafia

Occa Berry
    Adamant
    Clear Body
    Ev's: 252atk 252spe 4def

By "Lead" do you mean it is the first one, or the "Lead" metagross off smogon, if it's off smogon it's evs are messed up. Don't mess up the evs up, there are hp evs cus it's the suicide lead, with this spread it will be wiped out before it can set up sr or cause any damage. The poke isn't meant to outspeed pokes, it's meant to set up sr, damage, finish off with bullet pounch and explode for major damage.

You may want to use an
    AgiliGross.

and if you do use
    AgiliGross it's meant to be a late-game sweeper, not a lead.

Defense

British Insomniac :D
    Years
    OU RMT

This was my first RMT, and I gotta say, I failed miserabley :(
    But, ive learnt a few tips from this, and Ive relised I need more Synergy in my team, so its back to the drawing board for me :/
    Thanks guys anyways! :D

This can now be locked.

Back