• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just how fast do you plan on playing?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • I'll probably proceed at a slower pace, just like I do with every new Pokemon game when it first comes out. I want to really see if these games live up to their hype, and you can't really tell if you just speed through them.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Considering I accidentally played it 11 hours straight -.-
    I'm almost finished. T_T
    So I can/have to rush.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I'm a VERY slow player, and with my White, it seems to be even slower than usual. It might just be the fact that I've only played PMD in the last couple of months, but levelling up seems really hard in it, and I'm having to grind loads between gyms because I just can't raise my Pokémon fast enough.

I'm about five hours in and still preparing for the third gym, so I don't see myself finishing any time soon. D:

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I usually play them all slowly so think I'll be sticking to that. I've played 8 hours so far and only got 2 badges... pretty damn slow I believe xP

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Yeah so I planned on taking it slow.. I think it's the slowest I've ever played a pokemon game.. I've played around 5-6 hours and Im still grinding for the 2nd gym :P Theres was like barely any trainers inbetween the first and second gym! I mean c'mon give us a break.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I am going to take my sweet ol' time exploring Unova. I will not leave a rock unturned, a person neglected, a building unseen, an ocean dry, a town unventured, etc!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I guess I'm not the only one finding it hard to keep up with the level rises. >.<

I keep wanting to play but then thinking "Gah! If I switch my DS on I'll just spend another hour grinding! Can I face it?"

I want to enjoy myself because the scenery is so pretty. When I stepped onto Route 1 and was greeted by falling leaves and the wind sailing through the grass, I knew this game would be special. Four hours later (four hours?!) walking across Skyarrow Bridge... ♥

BUT IT'S TOO HARD D:

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I always take like 3 days to pick my starter, so I'm trying to choose before hand.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I'm taking it very slowly.

My best friend and I got the game simultaneously and he's really rushing through. He's already at the 5th Gym or something. And I'm only at the 3rd :P

Also, I find the game to be much harder than older Pokémon games so there's more training to do than usual.

I want to talk to everyone in the towns, pick up every item etc. This sure takes a time. No sense completing the game as fast as possible.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • I'll be going for a Black version speed run of sorts. Starter will be a female Snivy to be kept as its second stage or first. Will replace with the game's Grass-for-Grass in game trade

A Sturdy pokemon will be on my team as well as a poison-status one. Sigilyph, Sand Rush dog, zebra thing, Darmanitan (not Greg) and "Geo2'd" are a guarantee for my team. Zebra will get replaced. Stealth Rock and a "roar-type" role will me present on my team either through Roar/Whirlwind/Throw/DragonTail. Toxic Spikes also sound appealing.

Will use a Patrat for early game stages due to my liking the sound of it with BlackGlasses, Cut, Flash, Bite/Crunch, and Super Fang.

So glad there is much variety for a Grass user. I may just like the cactus...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well to be honest, as soon as I bought both versions I thought I would go a little faster in one of the but right now I think i'm going at a pretty reasonable pace, i'm hoping to keep it up and try to explore a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    So far, I have 4 hours logged, and I only just got the first gym badge. So I'd say I'm holding up to my word in taking it nice and slow this generation. n___n

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I JUST got home from gamestop and am reading the game book right now.
    I can't wait to get started, and I plan on playing this one nice and slow.
    I wanna take it all in. ALL of it.

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i must say that im really taking my time with my white version!
    now i have about 15hours gameplay and i just recevied my 5th gymbadge :)

i must say that im really taking my time with my white version!
    now i have about 15hours gameplay and i just recevied my 5th gymbadge :)

Last edited:
    Back