• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just how fast do you plan on playing?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Normally, I play through quite slowly, catching and training everything as I go along, and likely getting sidetracked by other activities like breeding. However, aside from my one week of vacation in mid-March (which will probably be the first opportunity I'll have to get the game), I'm not sure when I'll actually have time to play, so I've been considering playing more quickly. I'll still catch everything as I go along, but perhaps I'll wait to train everything until after I beat the main game.

Regardless, I'm going to get both games, and I know that I'll play through my secondary game very slowly. I'm just not sure what'll happen with my primary game yet.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm going to take my time, and not skim through the text like I did before.
    It might take a little more than a week for me to finish the game (not including unlockables), but it depends how much I play in a day.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Well I attempted to take HG slowly, completely backfired on me when I hit Kanto (I beat it, but somehow I don't even remember beating it).

So this time, I want to take my time. Explore some, grind in bushes and keep my team all leveled the same (which is a recurring problem in all my pokemon games). Hopefully I'll stick to this plan, as I really want to make the most of my Pokemon White experience.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I played through HeartGold's first 8 gyms in 2 weeks time, then took another few days to grind for the Elite 4, then took another few days to beat them. I plan on taking more time to do stuff in Black. I want to still have gameplay when I get my 3DS.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I for one am super excited. I'm going to take it moderately slow, as I always do. I don't understand it when people rush through a game and beat two gyms in a day. How are you leveling up so fast? I find between 3 weeks to a month is enough time to get through the main storyline. I am a student so tons of homework is always lurking nearby. :/ I don't really have a lot of time to play, but I also want to enjoy it slowly anyway. All new pokemon, and dealing with a new map is a lot to learn.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • Do we have any idea on what a suspected hour count is for this game? I'm hoping, for competition sake, to breeze through the game rather quickly. I think, with enough time, it might be possible to drop the elite four in a week or two, unless this game is considerably longer than the others.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I usually take about 2 weeks to reach the Elite 4 in past games, so that's what I anticipate with White. I don't like to race through games, I prefer to sort of take my time and enjoy the journey.

Nameless.

I plan on playing very slowly. I want to catch and train as many Pokemon as I possibly can throughout the game, explore every nook and cranny, and talk to all the NPCs possible.
    I really want to learn everything I can about Unova and it's Pokemon, because it's really interested me. <3 What fun is it to rush anyway? It makes the game really boring and one-purposed. I typically rush through Pokemon games, 2 b a masta. But it makes me feel a little less satisfied. ]: I'll prolly take a month or so to complete the game honestly.. heck, I didn't even complete the Japanese White version. :x

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I'm gonna take it nice and easy, and try not to rush, but at the same time, try to make every time i turn that DS on a productive moment.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm going to take my copy of Black/White (at this point, I'm unsure of what to get) fairly slowly. I more or less sped through Japanese White, and I wanna take this more slowly.

Years
  • I'll fly right through it, I'll be on spring break (with nothing else to do this time) so i have an entire week to play it with no interruptions.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I'll fly right through it, I'll be on spring break (with nothing else to do this time) so i have an entire week to play it with no interruptions.

Yeah. Me, too. I mean, I'm not going to be on spring break but I am going to fly through the game. I just can't help it. :x

Or.... Maybe, just maybe, I'll play the first game slowly and rush through the second. Or vice versa....

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Like a lot of people have stated, I'll be playing quite a bit of time each day but also absorbing what's going on in the games. I want to make sure I catch many of the big and little aspects, and anything I might want to know while playing through as well. These moments will also be kept recorded in the travel journal so I know how it was like when I first got these games, and the silly things that I've done. n_n

I'll probably follow a mid-fast pace with these games, but I definitely don't plan on rushing.

Back