• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just my greetings

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    Just wanted to say hi to all and say that I hope to become a normal member of this site. I have to say I'm quite impressed. The general knowledge base here seems to be pretty good. Every Google search I ran relating to Pokemon (mods) and/or AdvanceMap and the like brought me here, so I figured I would join. Just for the record, I am a regular forum goer. I'm part of the staff on another, rather large site, but not to worry: I won't mention it here again as I know forums don't like their members talking about other forums (we're the same way). I'm here solely for myself. Well, and for those of you that are willing to chat/help/etc with/to me. I'm going to go ahead and apologize for my long-winded posts and my (possibly confusing) ideas. I just hope that at least one person gets something out of my posts. If not, I at least thank you all for bearing with me. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Also, my biggest interest is in the modification of Pokemon games. I don't particularly like to call them "hacks" as it kind of diminishes the appreciation for the hard work that is put into them. Also, it's not as if it really takes a lot of technical knowledge to make one. Just some tutorials and a LOT of clever design. By no means is it an easy task, but it's not "hacking", if you will.

Once again, I apologize for my wall of text. I'm trying to work on organizing my thoughts; not working so well...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, 3picide!

Glad you like the community! There certainly is a lot of information being stored here, so it's a great place to check for any pokemon-related stuff =P

Oh, I'm sure more than a few people will find your posts informative. I certainly found this one to be very entertaining (welcome threads with a little substance always are =D). Don't worry...You'll definitely meet some new friends in a place as large as this.

I'll see you around sometime, and have fun! ^____^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Welcome to PC...I'm sure yuo will enjoy ur stay here...I know a lot of other new members are...btw cool username!!! hope to see u around sometime...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Don't chastise yourself so much; your thoughts were plenty organized. I understand how you found the community, your goals, and a little bit of your background. I consider that a successful attempt at an introductory thread.

Yes, the Pokécommunity has to be one of the best places to discuss "hacking" of the Pokémon franchise. It's no surprise that Google produced such results. In fact, it is those results that led many of our current members to this amazing community. I agree, however, the term "hacking" doesn't quite describe the process well enough.

It's great to have you here, 3picide. You seem like a down right literary guy, I can't wait to converse with you in the future!

Cheers.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PC!

I have a sneaking suspicion what forum you may be staff on but there is no reason to bring that up! Oh and don't worry about your introduction as I for one found it informative, not disorganised but mind you being organised isn't everything anyway! I'm sure you will find everything you need for you 'non-hacking' needs in the ROM (non)Hacking forums! I hope to see some of your 'modifications' soon!

Seriously though I see what you mean by that and kinda agree with you as Hacking is usually consider bad and wrong! It is seen as a activity for thugs and low lives! Which you aren't of course! Enough of that! I hope you enjoy yourself and I'm sure you will find plenty of resources here and also alot of people to talk to. Feel free to PM/VM me if you need any help!

See you around!

Back