• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Just wanted to share

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2013
    This is my first post here.

I just wanted to share that I replayed Platinum with what I thought would be a perfect team by using the AR to get Charmander, Lapras, Larvitar, Dratini, and Turtwig at level 5 at the beginning of the game. It turns out that I am having a harder time beating the game than I was when I played with Turtwig, Luxray, Ponyta, Togekiss, and Staraptor (caught in game).

Now, my only weakness in that second set was that I had absolutely nothing to attack fire pokemon with. But, other than that, it held up much better than the first set. For instance, if a fighting pokemon gets a hold of Lapras or Larvitar, they are done.

Is the first set so weak now because they just haven't evolved yet, or is having what you would think would be an "ultimate team" really not the best way to play in game?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ever heard the phrase "cheaters never prosper"?

But yes, part of it is due to Larvitar and Dratini not evolving until high levels. I would definitely argue that you get less enjoyment out of an "ultimate team" - in having it from the beginning at least. Constructing one on the other hand...well, excuse the football analogy but look at Sir Alex Ferguson, he loved it so much he regenerated about four times (first title winners, 1999, 2008, current squad).

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2013
    Yeah, I understand the argument against using AR. But, after you have played a game all the way through, you need something else to fill the absence of that initial excitement.

But nothing really beats the first playing of a new game's story line. This is why I'm super excited for the new X Y series to come out. It's going to be a ton of fun!

Reactions: T!M

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hey there, I'm not too sure where this thread is heading, so I'll close this up. A general rule of 4th Gen is that discussion should (must) be around the aspects of the fourth generation of games, rather than AR used to play the games. If you have any questions or concerns you'd like to ask me about why I've closed this, or any questions in general, feel free to VM me, I'd be more than happy to help you out! 8)

[ Closed ]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back