• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Justin Bieber: Why is he loved and hated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I dont hate him, i dont like him, but are you a female? if you are you should really change your gender

If he isn't, what does it matter? He might be gay or bisexual. Nothing wrong with that. Also, gender bending is a big thing here at PC. I do it all the time. Am I doing it right now? NO ONE KNOWS~!

I try my hardest to stay neutral, personally, I find the hating on Justin Beiber and Justin Beiber fans pointless, sure Justin Beiber fans tend to be annoying, but I find the Justin Beiber HATERS even more annoying than the fans...

That in mind, Twitter is the hub of all Beliebers, I swear. As well as non-Beliebers. Both are incredibly annoying. v_v

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    I don't like him because he doesn't really have much talent. Why? That's why they call him the "Autotune superstar" sometimes. Use autotune , and boom! It just feels wrong that better musicians don't get much attention.

Oh , and the fans. 90% or more of them look like they lost their sanity. No offense to anyone.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I must say, he's got a hell of a lot more talent than you, if you have talent then film yourself singing The Lion King song (NOT The Lion Sleeps Tonight).
    Justin can sing it properly, he can sing the Zulu part very well!

Thank you Sydian, you may hate Justin, but you stuck up for me, I am not gay, I'm more of a bisexual, but it's weird with me, I'm attracted to girls and Justin Bieber, I don't find any other guys hot, I find most girls hot and just Justin Bieber!

Thank you Sydian, you may hate Justin, but you stuck up for me, I am not gay, I'm more of a bisexual, but it's weird with me, I'm attracted to girls and Justin Bieber, I don't find any other guys hot, I find most girls hot and just Justin Bieber!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    I must say, he's got a hell of a lot more talent than you, if you have talent then film yourself singing The Lion King song (NOT The Lion Sleeps Tonight).

I see your point , but there are artists that have more talent than him , that's what I meant. Sorry if you were offended as I did not mean to offend any beliebers.

Now you asked why I don't like Justin Bieber , right? If you got offended by my statement , then again , I'm sorry. And BTW are you referring to me or all the non-Beliebers?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I'm sorta...meh when it comes to him.

I mean, I don't hate Justin at all, in fact, I would probably think he's a cool guy if I got to know him maybe someday, but other than that...eh. Yeah, sometimes I feel he's overrated, especially when it comes to his fans; you've heard the stories, right? Death threats and all that crazyness? And he needs to step up his talents, but other than that, not much to say about him~

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • I must say, he's got a hell of a lot more talent than you, if you have talent then film yourself singing The Lion King song (NOT The Lion Sleeps Tonight).

I hope you realize that with this , you illustrate just what most anti Beliebers hate about Justin Beiber aside from not liking him for their own XYZ reasons. If it weren't for the fanbase being obnoxious, Justin Beiber would be easily avoidable and we could ignore him to our hearts' content. Talent or lack there of is not a fact set in stone, it is an opinion. There are many talents in the world that do not include singing. There's talent in playing instruments (and playing well; which includes creating your own style of music, improvisation, not just playing the simple chords and songs you learn in a [Instrument] for Dummies book, etc.), dancing, drawing, public speaking, sports, writing, technological innovations, math, science, languages, etc. Each and every one of us possess talent in something to some degree (sans the limitations of delayed/stunted mental development); it doesn't have to be a talent that makes us famous and earns us a bunch of raving fantards, so long as it's a talent that can be utilized to (hopefully) make a decent living with.

I personally don't care about Justin Beiber. I say this as a Bi girl who actually likes pretty boys and boyish girls. Nothing about him attracts me, physically or musically. Luckily for me, the few young kids in my family are mostly males, so they're unlikely to care about him too. If you're going to like/love an artist, fine. The problem is when that "love" becomes an obsession with pushing said artist down the throats of others to make them "see the light." I will agree with you and others that defacing or trashing anyone's property for any reason is wrong (and illegal), and indeed stupid when it's because of a public figure. However, so is harassing others in an effort to 'defend' Beiber, Cyrus, etc.

@Genosekuto-san (I'm using Chrome and can't use Katakana), you have nothing to apologize for. It's your opinion and you have the right to keep it. Mr. Luigi Fletcher should be the one apologizing. Mr. Luigi Fletcher, you are not in middle school (dare I assume), so you should know better than to take an opinion against Beibs and use it as a personal attack on anyone. Love Beiber all you want but grow up, take the hate against Beibs and shove it. With celebrity status also comes love and hate. Beiber has to deal with his haters and so will his fans.

Last edited:

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
  • Well, when you're a pop sensation you're going to get a lot of positive and negative reactions from people. But that's with every celebrity, and they usually deal with it.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I just hate him. I hate him because of his fans mostly also because he sings like a girl though his music is OK in some songs. The fans, "Beliebers" annoy the hell out of me. They're all like, "I'm gonna marry him!" or "Back off he's mine!". Seriously he's a celeb with a GF already. I feel bad for Selena since some of her haters are from Beliebers =_=. Seriously why are fangirls so dumb mostly?? Your never gonna have a celeb date you.. It's like falling in love with fictional characters. It's never going to happen .=.. Our fantasies.... yeah also I was laughing when he got hit by a water bottle no offense.

Another thing is that I don't mind fans of him as long as they're not Gaga over him. So I am not going against anyone here. Your believes are yours and my beliefs are my own.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I hope you realize that with this , you illustrate just what most anti Beliebers hate about Justin Beiber aside from not liking him for their own XYZ reasons. If it weren't for the fanbase being obnoxious, Justin Beiber would be easily avoidable and we could ignore him to our hearts' content. Talent or lack there of is not a fact set in stone, it is an opinion. There are many talents in the world that do not include singing. There's talent in playing instruments (and playing well; which includes creating your own style of music, improvisation, not just playing the simple chords and songs you learn in a [Instrument] for Dummies book, etc.), dancing, drawing, public speaking, sports, writing, technological innovations, math, science, languages, etc. Each and every one of us possess talent in something to some degree (sans the limitations of delayed/stunted mental development); it doesn't have to be a talent that makes us famous and earns us a bunch of raving fantards, so long as it's a talent that can be utilized to (hopefully) make a decent living with.

I can't agree with you more, Sooyun. I don't hate Justin Bieber or like him. He's just another celebrity. But when it comes down to it, his fans are the main cause of annoyance to me.

Other than that, he's just kind of there. Just another person who will make more money than me in a year versus my whole lifetime.

Years
  • I think the main reason people hate him (including me) is because of his fans. I hate how how they act like "OMG I'm like totally Mrs. Bieber", sending hate mail to Selena, and writing fanfiction about meeting him someday (Believe me when I say there are thousands of those floating around on the Internet.) That comes off as obsessive to me, and its just really annoying.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I personally dont like him, hes just the donny osmond of this generation, but if you like him its all that matters. :) i just dont get the people who hate him spend time hating him, why waste all your energy on something you hate? D: put it towords something you love.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I merely dislike him because he came from youtube, and there's people with a helluva lot more talent than him on youtube.
    And fans, all like 'I love him, I wanna marry him'' They don't even know him, just because he sings and you like it doesn't make it true love... -3-

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Well, he is hated because he did get his fame from being discovered on Youtube. Not to mention he's now a millionaire by now. And we know that his core fanbase is full of girls that are like robots.

Well, now, I don't hate him anymore. And I hope to say that not all of his songs are terrible and hopefully are tolerable.

BTW, the reason why I quit hating him was because I never did thrashed Miley Cyrus before.

Oh one more thing, I still think he's a boy who is very late to become an older teenager.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I firmly think that anyone who hates him doesn't actually hate him, they just hate his obnoxious & annoying fans (of which there are... a lot, sadly) and they hate that he got famous.

I mean, he's said some kind of dumb things in the past. iirc there was this interview about serious issues like abortion & rape and he said some really fundamental Christian viewpoints but he's like.... 16 and they really had no business doing an interview about that anyway imo. :P But I can definitely see that argument if people want to make it. And I think it's perfectly fine if people hate him for a legitimate reason. I respect that opinion and understand that mine is pretty iffy since I do think that what he said was a bit reprehensible. @_@;

But honestly, I really like the kid. Some friends and I went to see the Never Say Never movie a few weeks after it had been in theatres so we could make fun of it without worrying about crowds of tweens hating on us (we sat out of the way!) but we walked out of the theatre as fans, so that kind of backfired on us. I generally do not care in the slightest about celebrities though. I think a lot of his songs are catchy and, to me, they sound good so I listen to them. I don't really take him as a person into account or anything when I listen and if anything, I usually just mention Biebs to anyone for the lulz. He is kind of adorable in a dorky kid-brother sort of way and I liked hearing about his rise to fame story. He's just a kid and if he's out doing something he loves and making boatloads of money for it, all I can really say is please come marry me i'll be your trophy wife for money go for it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think people dislike him because they either dislike his fans and somehow think of them as representations of him as an artist (a reason many people hate many artists with overbearing fans [Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and the like]), or are simply jealous of his success.

My sister is a huuuge Justin Bieber fan, and a few months ago, I saw she had Never Say Never on DVD. I was bored, so I took it and put it in my laptop and watched it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since my sister is such a big fan, I have to listen to his music all the time. She usually plays the My World and My World 2.0. He has some catchy songs on those (remember, he's a pop artist - if you're criticizing his songs rather than his talent, keep that in mind), but yesterday I took the time and got My Worlds Acoustic, and W.O.W. I am really impressed. He has some real vocal talent that you can tell now that his voice has progressed.

If someone takes the time to actually see Never Say Never, or listen to his music, then I think they'd think things differently. Now, when I say to listen to his music, I'm talking about his acoustic versions. His studio album aren't very helpful in determining if he has any talent. Just listen to him and a guitar. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, though. I just recognize that he has talent, and I think now that his voice has changed, people won't immediately think he sucks. I think that contributed to a lot of the bashing people do. Anyone who has any girl jokes are obviously bitter people and need to realize it's not 2009 and those jokes are old.

For anyone who's willing to give him a chance, give these a listen: [here] [here] [here]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back