• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Kalos Crystal - Completed ROM Hack (Unova Red sequel)

Years
This is pretty well made but i wish it had physical special split tbh. So many pokemon are bad because of it.. like avalugg and beartic.

Any chance of releasing a patch with it someday?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
Is this the latest version of the source. If not, would you mind uploading the latest? I'd like to do some touch ups similar to what I did with Unova Red.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Is this the latest version of the source. If not, would you mind uploading the latest? I'd like to do some touch ups similar to what I did with Unova Red.

I'll dig into my PC and find the most updated version to upload.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 6, 2022
This is pretty well made but i wish it had physical special split tbh. So many pokemon are bad because of it.. like avalugg and beartic.

Any chance of releasing a patch with it someday?

I'd say that's pretty doubtful as in gen 2 there wasn't coding for the P/S split at all. I mean not to discredit the OC but I feel like that's a MASSIVE amount of work when they could likely just make a gen3 game withe split easier, plus there's only so much memory for gen 1-2 builds.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
I'd say that's pretty doubtful as in gen 2 there wasn't coding for the P/S split at all. I mean not to discredit the OC but I feel like that's a MASSIVE amount of work when they could likely just make a gen3 game withe split easier, plus there's only so much memory for gen 1-2 builds.

Slow down, Cowboy!

I know at least 3 Crystal ROM Hacks that have the P/S split. Also, seeing how the author is also crafting a rather big Crystal hack project right now, he can probably do it. If not by himself, there's plenty of resources for him to look around from.

However, I don't think he'll come back to this nor Unova Red, even when the project gets completed.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Good day, a bit of a stupid question, but how do I reset clock? I have tried the SELECT+B+DOWN technique, but it doesn't work out, even if I changed the controller settings. I want to reset the clock, because I don't want to wait till evening to catch nighttime pokemon. Hope you have a good day.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
It actually would be trivial to add the Physical/Special split for moves to Kalos Crystal, the issue is more with move distribution. Just adding it directly would result in some types with no moves of a certain category, so it would need to have more new moves added in, which would require removing some existing ones, since Kalos Crystal is already pretty close to the max number of moves. It's totally doable, but would require a lot of reworking things, and I'm far enough removed from this project that it's not really worth doing that.

I have debated doing a more polished version of Kalos Crystal in the future, but that would need to be after I'm finished with Black and White 3: Genesis, since that's where I've been putting all of my effort recently.

As for the clock, I didn't make any changes to the reset system, so it works the same as in vanilla. Which unfortunately means that it requires generating that passcode, like the vanilla games do.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Huh, that's strange. I used a Froakie during my initial test playthrough and didn't have an issue like this, I'll try and see if I can replicate this bug. Did it happen on the evolution screen, like right when Frogadier finished evolving?

Nope

Britch2tiger

Britch2tiger
Years
Has anyone managed to reset their clock?

I tried the button combinations as with Crystal and still haven't been able successfully.

EDIT: Finally managed to find the right combo
1. press select+b+down
2. let go of b and down while keeping select pressed
3. press up+left while still keeping select pressed
4. let go of select while keeping up and left pressed.

NOW I just need to remember the 'password'

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
are base stats for the pokemon changed by chance? Some pokemon like Chestnaught cant really use some of their best moves due to the way moves worked back in gens 1 and 2.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for the double post but I just discovered something that is kind of important to bring up; I was looing up the egg move lists and level up learnsets and there are zero pokemon that learn Sacred Sword that can be used to either pass on or chain breed said move onto an Oshawott. Without Smeargle to use Sketch, its impossible to achieve, and none of the pokemon who learn it can breed with Oshawott. You will eed to update move lists in game to account for this or put Sacred Sword as a standard level up move if you feel like keeping it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 14, 2023
If I knock out Sylveon does it just despawn forever or is there someway to make it respawn.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
74wGIHd.png
WJ78ZBw.png
1AnQV6f.png
XZMTscP.png
CEQR0p8.png
G1wiyDH.png

(Starter and static encounter, pretty normie team I know)

I really liked it! The availability of the Pokemon was perfectly balanced and the level curves seemed to be more steady than I remember them being in the original. I absolutely loved how Red (minor spoiler)
Spoiler:
I honestly think this is more in line with how the Red battle felt in the original; like his mons have super high stats and are at a crazy high levels but they still have weaknesses you can exploit. If they were all given good ai and maximum coverage then that would basically force the player into using either Legendaries or spend an eternity grinding. The way you handle the fight with Red in this one was just perfect. Way more rewarding than in even the official Nintendo remakes. So kudos to that! If I had any complaints it would probably be the movepools. They are juuuuust ass. My Swoobat, Eelectrik, and Scraggy/Scrafty for packing Confusion, Thundershock, and Feint Attack respectively long into Kanto before they finally learned some good moves! That and sometimes the sprites for the Pokemon would have these weird pixels out of place, looking like smudges or horizontal bars. Some data got corrupted importing the sprites into the rom I suppose? Just a minor thing but I figured I'd mention it.

Anyway I hope this review wasn't too rambly. Thanks for making this great game!

Dr. Jean Pepper

DragonMei
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
So question; what are in the 2 eggs you get early in the game? Bringing only 4 pokemon for awhile seems challenging and fun, especially in a kinda hardcore nuzlocke run but wanna know if the trouble is gonna be worth it

Edit: Well Zoura and I assumed the opposite of the starter I choose hatched from the other. Which was Oshawott since I chose Fennekin. Feel like tho it should've been what was weak to your starter and strong against the rival, help a cover weakness in the team lol. Then again I ended up hatching the egg must sooner than I probably should've by turning the speed to x16 and running back and forth in Goldenrod so most likely when I would've normally hatched them, the weakness would've already been covered lol.

Last edited:

Dr. Jean Pepper

DragonMei
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
One more question and putting it in a different post since its something else entirely; Where is the spoiler log, its mention in the OP's post but can't find it anywhere.

Back