• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Kangaskhan, greatest country in the world!"

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Australians are very patriotic people, but I for one can't stand patriotism. I find it very jarring and unattractive in general, and I don't understand the concept of being proud of something you haven't accomplished. I didn't accomplish being Australian, it's something that was out of my control.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Why was the title changed? Do people not like Borat?

Shame on you.

And by the way, no, I'm not patriotic; I've kinda been staved off flying the Union Jack unless there's a sporting event and flying the St. George England flag has incredibly racist connotations.

Years
    Patriotism/National pride?? That's nonsense...
    I'd rather support the environment and the living beings on this planet as a whole, than restricting myself to blindly love one single country just because I was born in it: that's something out of my control, so it shouldn't matter.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I am patriotic. I joined the United States Marine Corps 6 days after my 17th birthday. I just love the way of life in America. I've been to other countries and they usually don't compare. Even the first world nations have problems, you leave American problems to accept problems elsewhere.

I don't personally see America as superior like some would think, I do believe it is the most powerful. Other countries come when we call, this I have personally seen in Iraq. I have served with many members of other Uniformed Services, Canadian, English, Australian, French, South Korean, Israeli are the first that come to mind.

My patriotism doesn't come from believing everything my country does is correct, it comes from enjoying our way of life and being proud of our accomplishments.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I'm not patriotic at all. I'd never die for my country nor would I let my family die for it. Basically I place me and my family's well-being before the country. Just how I am :)

Back