• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kangaskhan needs a baby evolution

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Seriously, the Pokemon already has a baby in its pouch it would make sense for it to have a baby evolution. What are your thoughts?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Seriously, the Pokemon already has a baby in its pouch it would make sense for it to have a baby evolution. What are your thoughts?
    Erm, it does. It's called Cubone. A cubone is the baby of a dead Kangaskhan. Its skull helmet is the skull of its mother.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Also, if a baby were added now, it would need an Incense to actually get, which means... that the results you are complaneing about now would still happen.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Erm, it does. It's called Cubone. A cubone is the baby of a dead Kangaskhan. Its skull helmet is the skull of its mother.

Ah, not the conspiracy theories again! ;) While it's possible this may have been originally intended, and while there's evidence, there's no official source saying so as far as I know (if there is, please do share).

Anyways, I've always wondered why there's been no baby evolution. Ever since 1st Gen., it seemed very appropriate.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ah, not the conspiracy theories again! While it's possible this may have been originally intended, there's no official source saying so as far as I know (if there is, please do share).
    No, I don't know of any official source, but I mean come on. Look at the similarities. They're about the same height, they both have large tan spots on their bellies, Cubones in red/blue are found in the Lavendar Tower, where dead Pokemon are buried. I think the creators of Pokemon just didn't want anything as dark as this to be in a children's game. But if you just leave it out, then there's a new Pokemon creation.

But you all have to think. It is sorta creepy/weird that there is a Pokemon with something else's freaking skull on its head. What's up with that?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • No, I don't know of any official source, but I mean come on. Look at the similarities. They're about the same height, they both have large tan spots on their bellies, Cubones in red/blue are found in the Lavendar Tower, where dead Pokemon are buried. I think the creators of Pokemon just didn't want anything as dark as this to be in a children's game. But if you just leave it out, then there's a new Pokemon creation.

But you all have to think. It is sorta creepy/weird that there is a Pokemon with something else's freaking skull on its head. What's up with that?

It's true that there are similarities, but there's also the
    >
    idea, which makes a lot of sense too. Look at their hands, eyes, mouths and antennae! I like to think that Cubone should've been a pre-evolutin fo Kangaskhan, but oh well. And like you said, it was already dark enough with all the dead Pokemon in Ghost Tower and stuff like that, we probably didn't need to dwell on the idea that the Marowak we had should've been a Kangaskhan if he had a better life...

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Also Metapod goes to Venomoth.

Have you heard the dragon one? Magikarp should evolve into Dragonite, and Dragonair should evolve into Gyarados based on their colors. I don't see this one, but still evolution conspiracy

Years
  • Yeah, discrepancies pop up in Pokemon games all the time about which pokemon was originally the pre-evo of which. The other example is Garchomp, which looks like it may have originally been intended as an evo of Sharpedo.

That being said, have we ever seen a baby pre-evo of a normal-type pokemon? I don't think it's been done yet.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Yeah, discrepancies pop up in Pokemon games all the time about which pokemon was originally the pre-evo of which. The other example is Garchomp, which looks like it may have originally been intended as an evo of Sharpedo.

That being said, have we ever seen a baby pre-evo of a normal-type pokemon? I don't think it's been done yet.
    Cleffa and Igglybuff exist.

Years
  • Wow... Cleffa, Igglybuff, Happiny, Munchlax... how did ALL OF THOSE slip my mind? -_____-;

I don't count Togepi because it was released in the same generation as its evolution. And Azurill may be normal, but it evolves into pure Water, so that doesn't count either.

Ok, I concede. A Kangaskhan pre-evo is appropriate.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Elektrike and Elekid should have had their names switched. (Or Electabuzz and Manectric) I know that this isn't possible, due to when they came out, but c'mon.

Elekid
    Manectric

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    Getting back to Kangaskhan... Maybe they should have made a baby evolution, but I thought the baby's didn't leave their mothers pouch? so how would you get one? Also, I would have thought it would be extremely weak, even for a baby pokemon. I think it would only have been good for appearances sake but I don't think the acquisition would make sense and it would be terrible for battling. also, wouldn't they then have to remove it from kangaskhan's sprite?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why is this here? It's about the Pokemon, not the games, so I'm moving it to Pokemon General. As for the topic, no comment. I'm sick of new prevos and new evos.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Seriously, the Pokemon already has a baby in its pouch it would make sense for it to have a baby evolution. What are your thoughts?
    Ah, newbies... Kangaskhan is the parent Pokemon, what would it become if it had no baby? Besides:
    If you come across a young Kangaskhan playing by itself, never try to catch it.

there's no official source saying so as far as I know (if there is, please do share).
    No, it's entirely a theory, nothing more.

Thank you! Finally some one else noticed that.

Last edited:
    Back