• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

kanto and johto vs hoenn and sinnoh?

who would win?

• kanto and johto

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • sinnoh and hoenn

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • would be a draw

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkChariardX

The master of Fire pokemon
Years
  • if all the pokemon from kanto and johto teamed up (including lengendaries) and fought all the pokemon from sinnoh and hoenn, who would be the victor team?

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • This is a toughie. My favorites are Kanto and Sinnoh, and I don't really like Johto or Hoenn, so it's kinda a draw. :\ I voted Hoenn / Sinnoh, but it's kinda tied for me.

Years
  • Hoenn and Sinnoh have way stronger Pokemon.

Hoenn, and to a bigger extent Sinnoh, were blessed by GF. Junichi Masuda even stated in Nintendo Power that their theme for the 4th generation was "ultimate", which is why Pokemon with monster stats like Porygon-Z, Garchomp, and Arceus were created. Pokemon like Deoxys and Arceus could takea out many of the "classic" Pokemon alone. But Kanto does have the classic gods like Mewtwo and Gyarados, and Hoenn has a lot of novelty Pokemon.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Kanto and Johto.

For a start, as much as I love my Regis, Hoenn and Sinnoh had some pretty weak and useless legendaries going for it overall. (I mean, Shaymin? Cresselia? C'mon. They're pretty and elegant, but that's about all they got goin' for 'em. And not to mention Regigigas's Slow Start 'ability'. Why, creators, why?). Kanto had Mewtwo and Mew, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, and Johto had Ho-Oh and Lugia, and Entei, Suicune and Raikou, and Celebi. That's a pretty awesome line-up right there, before we even chip in with Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Gyrarados, Raichu, Arcanine, Alakazam, Tauros, Dragonite, Umbreon, Espeon, Heracross, Tyranitar, Miltank, Houndoom, Donphan and Skarmory. (Me, look through a PokéDex? Nah.) Then we have them up against such monstrosities as Sceptile, Blaziken and Swampert :/

Of course, this argument is over as soon as somebody posts LAWLS WELL SINNOH HAD ARCEUS SO THEY WIN LOLOLOLOL, because apparently this is the ultimate Endgame Argument now whenever anybody asks which is the best region, but I'ma say that because Arceus is god of all Pokémon, technically he could fight in whichever team he wanted to. And he would so pick Kanto/Johto, yo.

Eh. I've gotten way too ranty there. XD Srsly, I love all of my Regions, but Kanto/Johto still remain ze best for me. Don't hate me Hoenn, I still love your Golems ;_;

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • Very tough, on one hand the hoenn and sinnoh pokemon are outnumbered (keep in mind I consider electivire and other evolutions to be kanto/johto pokemon, this is about their native regions not the video games they first appeared in.) Team hoenn/sinnoh has more legendaries, but at the same time they have a lot of pointless and weak pokemon. My money's on kanto/johto just because I'm an old school fanboy.

DarkChariardX

The master of Fire pokemon
    Years
  • yeah, for even though kanto and johto are out numbered, its quality not quantity. mewtwo and mew working TOGETHER? i mean come on mew can do anything any other pokemon can. mewtwo and mew = unstoppable. not to mention lugia AND ho-oh. the 3 dogs and the 3 birds!!! and celibi!!!! i mean come on you cant beat those guys, and the beast ordinaries like tyranitar dragonite charizard gyarados and alakazam!!!

Years
  • i mean come on mew can do anything any other pokemon can.
    That means nothing if it doesn't have the stat power to back it up (Which Mew doesn't, really).

mewtwo and mew = unstoppable.
    Some would argue Arceus is unstoppable too, when neither actually are.

not to mention lugia AND ho-oh. the 3 dogs and the 3 birds!!! and celibi!!!! i mean come on you cant beat those guys
    Dare I bring up Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Shaymin, Manaphy, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Arceus, Jirachi, Darkrai, and Lati@s?

and the beast ordinaries like tyranitar dragonite charizard gyarados and alakazam!!!
    Don't forget Garchomp, Infernape, Lucario, Heatran, Metagross, Salamence and many others.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Kanto and Johto. Hoenn and Sinnoh had stronger pokemon, but still, I just love playing through FireRed. It's just so much fun. A great region. And now that I finally got a working HGSS i'm gonna play through Johto once I get time too.

Hoenn was fun, especially Emerald (ily Emerald) and Platinum was very fun because it was simply not DP, which I hate. DP sucks with its slowness.

So.. in the end, out of the regions i've played:

Kanto (becoz pro) > Hoenn (because Emerald was probably the best remake game ever) > Sinnoh (simply because DP sucked)

Years
  • Kanto and Johto.
    Don't forget that they have Skarmory and Blissey, who stall the hell out of most Pokemon, except for wallbreakers like Infernape and Salamence. They have Dugtrio, it can trap and kill almost anything, especially defensive Pokemon, leaving Kanto and Johto's offensive Pokemon the way free to sweep Hoenn and Sinnoh. Kanto and Johto have Gyarados, while Hoenn and Sinnoh have Milotic, which is a lot rarer AND weaker.

Ah, whatever, of course i'm jut saying Kanto and Johto would win because off the nostalgia, to be honest, i can't really say who would win, all have a lot of strong Pokemon.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Probably Kanto and Johto based on the fact that I think they had the better/stronger legendaries.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    I just love Emerald, I got 807:12 time in it, also Platinum was awesome, but Emerald > Platinum and Hoenn + Sinnoh > Kanto + Johto. Not saying it because I don't like Kanto at all, but Johto is one of the best regions Not to mention that Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Shaymin, Manaphy, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Arceus, Jirachi, Darkrai, Latias, Latios, Infernape, Salamence, Heatran, Lucario, Empoleon, Garchomp, Flygon, Swampert are much better than Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Charizard, Venusaur, Mewtwo, Mew, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Kingdra, Skarmory, Blissey, Raichu, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.
    Hoenn and Sinnoh are the best regions competitively too.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Kanto and Johto.

For a start, as much as I love my Regis, Hoenn and Sinnoh had some pretty weak and useless legendaries going for it overall. (I mean, Shaymin? Cresselia? C'mon. They're pretty and elegant, but that's about all they got goin' for 'em. And not to mention Regigigas's Slow Start 'ability'. Why, creators, why?).
    I beg to differ. You bring up all decent points in the matter, however you've based your choice upon the looks of the 3rd and 4th Generation Pokémon over the main statistical points. For starters, Cresselia and Shaymin may look elegant and cute, but their moves and stats, especially Shaymin's Sky Form would change the result regardless of looks.

Regigigas may have the Slow Start ability, which seems poor for him at the start, he still has some decent stats to make up for the loss at the start. So, he can still put up a viable fight if a large battle such as this were to arise.

Kanto had Mewtwo and Mew, Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, and Johto had Ho-Oh and Lugia, and Entei, Suicune and Raikou, and Celebi. That's a pretty awesome line-up right there, before we even chip in with Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Gyrarados, Raichu, Arcanine, Alakazam, Tauros, Dragonite, Umbreon, Espeon, Heracross, Tyranitar, Miltank, Houndoom, Donphan and Skarmory. (Me, look through a PokéDex? Nah.) Then we have them up against such monstrosities as Sceptile, Blaziken and Swampert :/
    Again, I would have to disagree on your statement. This time not because you've judged perhaps on appearance, but for the fact that you frown upon the newer generation's Pokémon. You've seemed to overlook that fact that the newer generation starters and legends have just as the chance at winning the battle against the first two generation starters legends because they have just as equal stats and higher. So a match being based upon this can end up pretty equal if you ask me.

Of course, this argument is over as soon as somebody posts LAWLS WELL SINNOH HAD ARCEUS SO THEY WIN LOLOLOLOL, because apparently this is the ultimate Endgame Argument now whenever anybody asks which is the best region, but I'ma say that because Arceus is god of all Pokémon, technically he could fight in whichever team he wanted to.
    [/Lol] Now this is something I can agree with just perfectly fine. As soon as someone says what you have mentioned then the point of the battle is basically all over. Then again, Arceus is "Creator of all Pokémon," so who says he would have to choose sides in such a battle.

As for myself and the decision on the matter, my choice would have to go with a draw between the two. Yes, Hoenn and Sinnoh have much stronger Pokémon now than what the First and Second Generation, plus the change in typing for some will put up a very good chance in battle. However, that doesn't change the fact that anything can possibly happen during the battle between the two teams and change any outcomes that were to be. I'm thinking pretty straight forward on this really rather than choosing my favorite set of regions, but I'm crossed between the two.

Then again, what happens when an evolution or pre-evolution from the first or second generation has to come across their pre-evolutions or evolutions from the third and fourth generations (or vise-verse?). A twist in battle might I add. O_o

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Power wise? Sinnoh and Hoenn would win. You look at the OU/Uber tiers in competitive battling, and most of them are from Hoenn or Sinnoh. Now the tiers in competitive battling are always arguable, but that's the simplest way I could think of comparing the two. Not to mention Hoenn and Sinnoh have twice as many legendaries (albeit a few aren't too useful...). *shrug* I dunno. I just see Sinnoh and Hoenn coming out on top in this matchup.

... But I still love Kanto and Johto. =3

Ayselipera

Hmm well I'm going to guess and say Hoenn and Sinnoh would win. As much as I am not fond of Sinnoh AT ALL I cannot deny what I think.

I'm not really taking an in depth look so I could be wrong, but I just think that Hoenn and Sinnoh have way more legendaries and stronger pokemon.

Technical

Professional Slowpoke • • »
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I choose Johto and Kanto because personally, they are my favorite generations. They have several decent Pokemon, but of course, so does Hoenn and Sinnoh have alot of OU pokemon and ubers, which makes them better POWER wise, so I have to re-think my vote on this situation.

But I think Kanto and Johto will always be the most orginal and my favorite, even if the other regions are stronger. <3

Back