• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[kanto] Missing Memoirs: The Journal's Lost Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
Years
  • OOC: Warning, Nicole is her true self in this post.
    Bijou, I apologize if you're offended by what Nicole thinks of Lyre.

---

IC: I currently sat against the wall, Laia in my lap while the egg lay safely next to me. My dark hazel eyes scanned the lab. Four other people were in and had found their egg.

The two girls: A blonde girl who was pretty much flat-chested, had no fat and whose fake innocent attitude made me want to gag and another girl who was brunette with long legs and obviously bustier then the first girl (though whether she had more chest then me was unknown) and I liked her more. They were both talking to their starters. The blonde also had a Bulbasaur and the brunette had a Squirtle.

There was... something special about each of them, I guess.

I definitely knew that there wasn't anything special about the blonde girl's body. She had no chest or curves at all, unlike me. Yeah, I'm vain on the inside. Deal with it.

I guess it was... her walk? Yeah. Her walk. She had confident and graceful strides.

As for the other girl... I guess it was her personality. She was definitely the nice type. Also, the older-sibling kind. And she was much more like able then the blonde girl. At least, to me.

The other two were male.

One had dark brown hair with red and a rebellious Squirtle who liked to mock him. The other was a shy boy with dirty blond hair. He had asked me if I was alright after my 'battle' with the stupid branch of that tree I hated so much. I could tell he wasn't good with girls because he was blushy the whole time we were together and he kept stuttering. But that was cute, I guess.

Who was the other one?

Oh yeah, another blond guy with goggles and really blue eyes. Oh, I think he's coming in right now!

Sure enough, he did. He also carried a blue egg.

Once Professor Oak counted up and saw that all of six of us were here with our eggs, he cleared his throat for our attention. Everyone stopped what they were doing and faced him.

"Now, I see that each of you have found an egg. I want you to take very good care of the egg. It will hatch into a Pokemon and if you're able to keep it in good health 'till the end of your journey, you'll be in very good luck." Professor Oak said.

Oh. So that's what these eggs would hatch into. Pokemon.

"Once the Pokemon have hatched, they are not to evolve or to be kept in balls. Though some of you already know that." Professor Oak continued.

I couldn't help but feel that at least one person would break that rule. It definitely wouldn't be me, though. I intended on saving the last five of my available slots.

"Now then. I'm sure that most of you know that you are to be traveling with two other people." Professor Oak said.

Really? I didn't know that... man, was I slow.

"So here are the two teams." Professor Oak picked up his clipboard and peered intently at it.

I straightened up slightly. I would just die if I was stuck with people I didn't like for the rest of my journey...

"The members of one team are: Nicole Light, Tyler Swanson and Arriena Stone." Professor Oak said.

I looked around to see who those people were. Sure enough, it was the brunette girl with the long legs and the shy blond boy since they were also looking around. Good! I liked those two... I guess.

"And the members of the other team are: Lyre Raslen, Blue Genjineko, and Kyo Korali." Professor Oak finished as he set down the clipboard.

"Well... I wish you all good luck and hope for the best of your journey." Professor Oak said, giving us a smile like a grandpa to a beloved grandchild.

I sighed and stood up like the other people who were sitting/squatting/NOT standing.

This was going to be... interesting.

---

OOC: OMG. I KNOW. LAME. <____<

Last edited:

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I sat there with Charmander and my egg as everyone began to file into Oak's lab. I scanned each and everyone to see their personalities and the like, deciding who I wanted to be on my team with.

Definitely not that Blonde girl. I may be shy around girls but this one is different from the others in that she is a total witch. Why would she even bother with that stupid inocent attitude. Well whatever, I'll be happy as long as I'm not paired with her!

When everyone was finally in the lab. Oak finally approached us and paired us into two teams. I crossed my fingers, hoping for the best until Oak's voice broke the silence.

"Now, I see that each of you have found an egg. I want you to take very good care of the egg. It will hatch into a Pokemon and if you're able to keep it in good health 'till the end of your journey, you'll be in very good luck. "Once the Pokemon have hatched, they are not to evolve or to be kept in balls. Though some of you already know that." Professor Oak continued.

I hope the pokemon inside likes me when it hatches...

"Now then. I'm sure that most of you know that you are to be traveling with two other people." Professor Oak said. "So here are the two teams." Professor Oak picked up his clipboard and peered intently at it.

I crossed both of my fingers hoping to hear some good news.

"The members of one team are: Nicole Light, Tyler Swanson and Arriena Stone." Professor Oak said.

I really had to stop my self from jumping up with glee and passed it off with a friendly smile until I realized who I was travelling with. It was the pretty girl I had walked with from the tree and another pretty brunette girl.

Would there be a moment where I don't blush when I'm with them? I really need to get over this stupid thing and go greet my partners.

I stood up from my sitting position and walked over to the two girls.

"Nice to meet you I'm Tyler but you can call me Ty if you want whatever your more comfortable with and just so you know its really nice that we're gonna be travelling together and---" I had said all of this very fast but it was better than remaining silent. I did have to introduce myself.

The awkward silence afterwards was broken by my Charmander who was trying to supress some giggles. I wanted to punch myself.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: PET PEEVE. >OOOOOOOOO Oh my god, I can't believe you guys seriously did my PET PEEEEEEVE!!! YOU'VE HIT MY PET PEEVE, MY MOST SENSITIVE NERVE THAT WAS STILL INTACT AND YOU'VE GONE AND RIPPED IT TO SHREDS.

But. I'll let it go this once. >O Mostly because Key is a newbie and because Lyre is leaving anyway. Btw, Key, when you powerplayed Nicole, that was VERY borderline. :/ Had it been anymore, I would've asked you to edit as that much is against PC rules, but it was just on the line, so just a heads up there.

IC: Lyre blinked and stood up very quickly, her face- for once, genuinely in her real expression. Shock. Disdain. Horror. Surprise. A little bit of relief that she wasn't stuck with two girls, as that would become a very nasty cat-fight within a second or two. But. Mostly horror at the fact that she was stuck with two guys. One was a weird guy who seemed to lose to his squirtle every way he turned, and another...were those goggles? Well, as far as Lyre was concerned, they were free to leave now, therefore, she glanced down at Elli, who'd gotten to her feet and then glanced at the other girl, with a bulbasaur as well. Lyre smiled at the other team - an honest smile, but moved her index finger and thumb into an 'L' shape, (not on her forehead of course, that was as lame as could be,) and said, "Catch you later then!"

As far as Lyre thought about her actions, 'L' could stand for a lot of things, like her name, or Lemonade, or something like that, but the most likely conclusion: LOSER. Or loser with a Z, which was even more insulting, but Lyre didn't feel like spelling it out. In the meantime, she spun around and stared at Professor Oak, saying with a nasty edge to her voice, "It's Viola Raslen, but I'll let it go, thanks for the start. By the way, where are we supposed to keep these eggs?"

"That's another part to keeping the egg." Professor Oak replied, ignoring Lyre's rather irritating personality. Lyre shrugged and picked it up from where Elli was poking it with her vines, and turned her gaze over her shoulder as she headed for the door, "Come on Elli. You guys going to come?" She addressed her new teammates, egg resting in the nook between her arm and elbow, Elli at her heels. There was lot's to do, and the more time they wasted, the less that would get done. First stop for Lyre and her team was training for the gym battle that lay ahead in Pewter, and catching a few other pokemon too. Lyre liked being well-prepared, and never settled for anything less then 101%. She would have to be pleasant and kind for a long time, to see the real nature of her team mates before anything worth mentioning happened. After that... well, then they would have to get re-accquainted with her, all over again! Lyre grinned sweetly, before marching out the door to wait for her new team out in the fresh air of the puny town that was Pallet, which was nothing compared the big city of Larousse in her home region, Hoenn.

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    As Blue gawked at his "rock," which was really an egg, the professor spoke up.

"Now, I see that each of you have found an egg. I want you to take very good care of the egg. It will hatch into a Pokemon and if you're able to keep it in good health 'till the end of your journey, you'll be in very good luck." Professor Oak said.

Blue looked at his ex-rock and sighed.

So much for not actually caring. Oh well. he thought to himself, and the professor continued.

"Once the Pokemon have hatched, they are not to evolve or to be kept in balls. Though some of you already know that." he said, and Blue nodded. There was something novel about having a little pokemon to just have around. Blue grinned as he thought of whatever pokemon he would end up having, just chilling on his shoulder.. if it would fit, anyway. "Now then. I'm sure that most of you know that you are to be traveling with two other people." Professor Oak continued, and Blue perked up.

I must have missed that bit.. he pondered, racking his memory for anything similar to "groups."

"So here are the two teams." said the old man, picking up his clipboard again, and peered at it, squinting. "The members of one team are: Nicole Light, Tyler Swanson and Arriena Stone." Professor Oak said. As each of them perked their heads up and looked at their teams, Blue took note of them. The first one he noticed was the guy. Tyler, apparantly, since the other 2 were girls. There wasn't anythiing too special about him, except for the fact that he had a Charmander.. just like him.

Now that he thought about it, Blue looked kinda like Tyler. They both had blond hair, both were about the same height and weight (from far-off speculation) both had charmanders.. who knew? Maybe the same taste in music.. or something.

The other two were girls. One was Nicole, and one was Arrienna. One of them, he wasn't sure.. was the girl that had walked back to the lab with Tyler. Her hair was fairly long and black, and it came down to a bit past her shoulders. There was nothing really too special about her either, but Blue didn't mind that in a girl. She wasn't overly complicated, which was good. All things aside, she was definitely cute.

The other girl, either Nicole or Arrienna, looked almost completely different, but was cute all the same. Her hair was shorter, a little bit above her shoulders, rather than below it. It was a light brown, and it sort of wrapped around her face, sort of like a well wrapped present.

The professor went on. "And the members of the other team are: Lyre ( Liar? thought Blue. )Raslen, Blue Genjineko, and Kyo Korali."

Blue immediately knew who was who. There was only one boy and one girl, and blue could very obviously tell the difference.

Liar, or whatever her name was, was also cute, and the first thing Blue noticed was her hair. It was probably the brightest blonde Blue had ever seen. It was very blonde, and very long, probably going down all the way to the middle of her back. She was pretty athletic looking, too. She had a very apathetic looking Bulbasaur, who apparantly just wanted to sleep through life.

The other one, Kyo, was pretty big. He was taller than Blue, who wasn't a midget himself. His hair was dark.. but then at the bottom there was a tinge of red. Blue rolled his eyes to himself, but shrugged.

None of them are too bad, as far as I can see. As long as they aren't annoying or uncooperative, then I'll be just fine. he thought, but then suddenly, Liar stood up. She was halfway across the room, but Blue could still hear what she was saying. She stared at the professor, and in a nasty voice, said

"It's Viola Raslen, but I'll let it go, thanks for the start. By the way, where are we supposed to keep these eggs?" The professor mumbled something that Blue couldn't hear, but Liar.. or Violin, or whatever wheeled around, and moved towards the door, egg in hand, and bulbasaur in tow. As she got there, she turned, and looked at Blue and Kyo. "You guys coming?" she said, and turned back and walked out the door. Blue, with a slow shake of the head, got up, Pokedex in hi back pocket, egg in hand, and Charmander on his belt. He jogged out the door, making sure to hold tight to his egg, but not too tight. As he stepped out the door, he looked around for Viola. Not seeing her immediately, he reached for his belt, and grabbed Charmander's pokeball, releasing him into the open air.

<Hi!> The charmander grinned a very lizardy grin, and Blue smiled. He motioned with his head, and they went off, heading down the slight hill that Professor Oak's lab resided on. Eventually, he spotted Viola, and both him and charmander headed towards her and her little buddy.

"Um.. Ly-" he caught himself, recalling the girls previous temperament. "I mean.. Viola, was it? I'm Blue. Nice to meet you, I guess." he said with a slight shrug, extending his hand out in a friendly handshake.

Charmander, following suit, approached the Bulbasaur, his tail kept way down to avoid any uncomfort on the pokemon's part. With rhat same friendly toothy smile, he extended his small claw in greeting.

Last edited:

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    When everyone had gathered back in the Lab, each with their own unique egg, Professor Oak cleared his throat. All eyes turned to him, including my own.

"Now, I see that each of you have found an egg. I want you to take very good care of the egg. It will hatch into a Pokemon and if you're able to keep it in good health 'till the end of your journey, you'll be in very good luck." That was a neat thought! Being a surrogate mother for a Pokemon egg-- nothing I'd ever done before, but I sure as heck would try. Especially since there was a.. reward? Win-win situation, if you asked me. A sweet little pokemon and a bonus along with it!

After he'd made this statement clear to all of us, he moved on. "Now then. I'm sure that most of you know that you are to be traveling with two other people."

My stomach did a bit of a flip flop, and I peered out the corner of my eye at the other five. My fate was already sealed. Now to find out who-- I quickly reprimanded myself for being so anxious.

"So here are the two teams."

I already had a secret plan spreading out in my mind. If I was paired with people who where even slightly iffy, I'd stick with them until Viridian, where I'd cleverly ditch them and make my way over to Pewter on my own. That way, I could stay one pace ahead or behind of them, successfully avoiding--

Gah! I mentally slapped myself again, fighting shivers of anticipation.

"The members of one team are: Nicole Light, Tyler Swanson and Arriena Stone."

At the mention of my name, I nearly fell on my face. Quickly, I looked to my left hand side. Tyler Swanson.. the boy who was reacting with a smile. I saw him earlier with Nicole? She must've been the pretty one with dark hair. From the way she was looking around, I assumed it was her.

I sighed, letting out all earlier anxiety. The two of them looked competant.

"And the members of the other team are: Lyre Raslen, Blue Genjineko, and Kyo Korali."

The blonde girl and the two other boys. Goggles and blonde hair.. that was.. umm.. I didn't know. One of the boys was a brunette with reddish tints in his hair. And the girl was blonde. A very pale color of blonde, different than the sandy blond of her team mate.

So would they be our opposition, or would we go two different ways?

Carrying Torpedo and my egg, I made my way closer to my new teammates. Tyler approached a few seconds after.

"Nice to meet you I'm Tyler but you can call me Ty if you want whatever your more comfortable with and just so you know its really nice that we're gonna be travelling together and---" I fought the urge to giggle. He seemed a little shy. I wanted to reassure him, but I had a difficult time trying to think of something to say that wouldn't embaress anyone.

So we stood, the silence a little bit awkward, until his Charmander made a noise that sounded like a supressed laugh. I looked down at it with a small smile.

" I'm Arriena." I said, setting Torpedo down and patting him on the head. " But you can call me Rina, if that's easier." This, I made sure not to impose. Imposing nicknames was always uncomfortable.

I couldn't wait to get started! I wanted to announce my giddiness to someone! I wanted to shout it out to the world!

But I'd probably save that for later.. Maybe when we where out somewhere remote where I wouldn't startle anyone..

--

Lawl. She's such a dummy xDD;;

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • ..What the hell is wrong with this old coot? Having heard the what the professor had to say about the egg, Kyo was quite mad. Evolving pokemon was one of the reasons why Kyo wanted to be a pokemon trainer, after all, power makes the pokemon and evolving makes the power. Looking at the Squirtle who was now named Tikan, Kyo imagined the immense power she would achieve once she has evolved fully, all the battles Kyo would win, would be because of his evolved pokemons power nothing less. Putting the egg close to his ear as if wanting to hear some kind of noise from insde, he was sadly dissappointed when he heard nothing or felt any movements from inside, Tikan approached the egg, taking it from Kyo's hands, she started to roll it on the ground, playing with it as if it was a toy, seeing no harm in this Kyo didnt see the need to stop the squirtles fun, leaving them in the backyard to play freely, Kyo rose and made his way into the lab where everyone else was gathered.

Looking among the faces of the new trainers, he noticed the girl from before who had an incident with the tree before although this time having a better look at her since she was up close, Kyo took notice to her as well as the boy that helped her earlier. It seems like they were all huddled into Oak's lab for this final meeting before they said there good byes Ah I cant wait to start, it'll just be me and Tikan from now on! Compelled by the thoughts of Tikan and various other pokemon on his team being victors in battles, Kyo didnt catch what Oak said about "teaming up" however he DID manage to hear " Lyre Raslen, Blue Genjineko, and Kyo Korali."

"Huh? What about us old man?" Interrupted by the words, Kyo was interested to know why his name was spoken.

*Sigh..This kid again. "You will be going off into groups Kyo, You, Lyre, and Blue, take a moment to familirize yourself with them"

Taking a look at who Oak pointed to Kyo was slighty annoyed. Man..Im stuck with the snob? Thats great, and whos this other guy? Hopefully he isnt as arrogant as she is, if thats the case, I can put up with them. Kyo took the time to look at the other group that was assembled, they all seemed like a perfect match.

"Tikan, come and bring the egg" Instantly the squirtle came through the back door with the egg in hand, making his way to Kyo with the egg extended from his tiny arms to give to him. "Than- Hey!" Tikan walked directly past Kyo and made his way to the exit of the lab waiting for him, it was obvious that Tikan wanted to hold the egg Pffft, so senseless, she'll get tired eventually and hand it over.

"Come on Elli. You guys going to come?" It was the call of the girl who owned the Bulbasaur, Who does she think she is? The leader or something?! Kyo made his way to her and the other boy who apperently were introducing.

"What is it, Lair right? Well nice to meet you and you, Blue" Kyo gave a half smile to them before continuing to walk out the door awaiting for what maybe the final time he will have to deal with Oak, and just then a tap came at his leg, it was Tikan giving the egg to him Ha knew it, tired already eh? Kyo picked up the egg, almost as soon as Kyo bent down to pick up the egg, she jumped ontop of his shoulders and perched over his head. I guess this is okay

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: I did a little bunnying to Yoshi and Niwa, sorry about that. But that's just the way Elli is. xD

Lyre smiled, most of her effort going to not sounding totally pissed off at the fact that they'd mistaken her name for things that were worse then Lyre or Viola.

"It's very nice to meet you two, my name is Viola Raslen. Lyre is my first name, but I don't like it, if you can't tell why." She shook Blue's hand and looked down at Elli, who was attempting to get an apple down from a tree, "And that there is my bulbasaur, Elli." Lyre was sorely tempted to start blurting out all her plans, but that would make her look like a control freak, so instead, she asked, "So, is there anywhere in particular you guys want to go?" Yeah, Lyre thought to herself, I want to go to a billion places but I can't. Elli yanked the apple off the tree and began to munch on it, waddling back over to her trainer. Mid-bite of her apple, Elli looked up and noticed a charmander by the boy named Blue, and immediately stuffed the rest of her apple in her mouth at top speed, ignoring the hand the charmander held out to shake. It was almost as if she didn't notice the squirtle on top of Kyo's head.

Lyre took a wild guess that Elli hadn't noticed the squirtle, since he was so high up. Elli however, had her own plans. Already rather protective of her new trainer, she glared up at the two boys and with her long vines, examined the two without shame. Elli closely examined Blue's face, pushing his cheek this way and that with her vine and tapping the goggles on his head with her other vine, before moving onto Kyo, who seemed to be getting a hair-examination and a good poking all over his arms and stomach- Lyre forced herself not to burst out in a laugh, but instead sweatdropped, apologizing profusely for her less then unintrusive pokemon, who's vines retracted before the bulbasaur could continue any more examination of Kyo.

"Elli, you can't do that to everyone we meet, okay?" Lyre said, genuinely. Hell would break loose if Elli did that to a bouncer or something, and what if she happened to meet an insanely cute guy along the journey? Total turn-off if the girl's pokemon is poking and prodding you.

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: YOU BUNNIED ME, BIJOU, I HATE YOU. GO AWAY. NEVER ROLEPLAY WITH ME AGAIN. GOSH, JUST RUINED THE EXPERIENCE. THANKS, BIJOU. THANKS.

I kid.

Oh, and Bijou - those things about Liar and Violin were in my head. You didn't know that. O_o GAWRSH, PET PEEVE.

Again, I merely jest.

IC:
    As he shook the girls hand tenderly, he heard footsteps and voices behind him. He turned, and saw the other guy.. Kyo, I think it was. Kyo was walking towards them, and gave a what Blue felt to be a friendly smile, and introduced himself. He introduced himself, and turned around to chuckle about something with his squirtle. Viola smiled, and looked at both Kyo and Blue.

"It's very nice to meet you two, my name is Viola Raslen. Liar is my first name, but I don't like it, if you can't tell why." Blue chuckled. Who would want to be named Liar? he thought to himself. "And this is my Bulbasaur, Elli." she announced, waving her hand down towards the bulbasaur. The little green thing was heartily munching on an apple. Charmander, who had also had his request for a friendly handshake turned down, let his hand drop down to his side, and his tail made it's way back towards it's natural position, fully (or so Charmander hoped) visible to the cheeky little bulbasaur.

"So, is there anywhere in particular you guys want to go?" continued Viola in a sugar-sweet voice.

There's something about her. mused Blue, but he put it aside, and returned the emotion. "Um.. Well. I guess the only place to go is north.. why not just head that way and see what we find?" he suggested, trying to get his point across, but not be too blunt at the same time. "There'll probably be some pokemon we'll want to catch. I passed by a Pokemart in Viridian. We can buy some pokeballs there, and then get star-" he tried to finish, but was suddenly assaulted all at once by prying.. tentacles?

Looking down, he found himself face to face with Elli's vines. He was being manhandled! The little beast was giving his face a cavity search! A vine poked his cheeks, eyes, ears, nose, and even his goggles! Blue cleared his throat strongly, and the pokemon moved it's interest to Kyo.

Although he was thoroughly wierded out, Blue wasted no time in returning the favor. He nodded at Charmander, who grinned his grin, kneeled down directly in front of Elli, placed his paws on his own face, and moved his cheeks all around, wierd faces galore, his tail wiggling about. After a few seconds of this, Charmander stopped, and leaped onto a tall rock, where he made another terrific leap to Blue's shoulder, where he sat comfortably.

"Elli, you can't do that to everyone that we meet." said Viola, once the pokemon's tomfoolery had come to a halt.

"Like.. I was saying." Blue continued. "Viridian City isn't too far from here. We should probably hit the road." Charmander let out a soft cry in agreement. The boy grabbed the pokemon's pokeball from his belt, and returned the creature to it's ball, placing it back on his belt, and made a mock gesture of politeness. "Ladies first." he cooed, his arm moving towards the exit of Pallet Town in a majestic sweeping motiion.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: To justify where I stand:

Yeah the reason I said that she was annoyed was because I was too lazy to back up a page and look. xDD So I settled on making a generic universal comment, because I know for sure (because it was right there) that Niwa called Lyre 'Lair', so, there's your universal generalization. xDD And, another thing that support this statement is the fact that I had absolutely no idea that Blue had held his hand out for Lyre to shake. xDDD *shot* So I'll edit that in, and we can pretend I didn't get lazy and didn't not re-read your post. xDD

(Yush, I know I'm a retard. *goes to edit everything, making Yoshi edit too*)

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
  • OOC: Um... nothing to say... but... NICOLE IS ANNOYED. xDD

She got the 'L' thing Lyre did. =X

Oh, and I'm gonna do this in 3rd POV because... I want to.

---

IC: Oh. That Lyre girl. She was good. What was she good at?

Getting Nicole all flustered and angry. But then again... as much as she hated to admit it, she admired that girl. Why? Cuz Nicole couldn't act like that on the outside. Only if she knew the person really well. Nope. She was stuck with "Inner Nicole"... who... yeah.

Anyways.

She had picked up Bulbasaur with one arm and held her like a football while she picked up the egg with her other arm.

She was now currently standing during an awkard silence, broken by Arriena, one of her two new companions.

"I'm Arriena." She said, setting her Squirtle down and patting it on the head. "But you can call me Rina, if that's easier."

She was okay in Nicole's book. But she didn't know, since this was so early. As long as she didn't bug her, they were fine.

"I'm Nicole but you guys can me call me Nicky if you want." She said over her shoulder as she headed out.

The sound of footsteps told her that they were following and she felt slightly uncomfortable. She was obviously shy and quiet, and so was the other guy. So the next few minutes, hours or even days would be pretty awkard.

Nicole mentally sighed and shifted Laia a bit so that the Bulbasaur were more comfortable. She didn't really care about the egg right now... since it was, ya know, just a shell and stuff... though it did have a live Pokemon inside... oh great. Now she was thinking random thoughts in her head.

Nicole shook her head slightly as she continued to her trot. Deciding to make conversation, which was strange because normally the person she's with makes it and not her, she turned to face her two companions and began to walk backwards. Laia glanced at her trainer nervously with her large red eyes.

"So... what d'you guys wanna do once we're at Viridian?" Nicole asked, forcing a smile to her face.

---

OOC: DON'T PIIIICK ON MEEEE.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • When we were done introducing ourselves Nicole had headed out the door, so I returned Charmander back to its ball and scooped up the egg placed it into my bag, and followed her out the lab. As we walked on the path that led to Viridian City I felt a wave of fresh energy wash over me. I was finally going to travel the world in a pursuit of becoming the best pokemon trainer that I could possibly be. I would defeat all others in my path and be the best.

I must admit, it may be an ambitious dream but I think it's worthy of being such a driving force in my life.

A cool breeze began to the blow and massaged our faces as we kept on our routine steps. I then went back to my thoughts which eventually led up to my first coming gym battle.

Brock from Pewter City...I'm already at a disadvantage since my only pokemon is a fire type. The top priority on my list would be to catch a strong water or grass type so I can have a good fighting chance against Brock.

Just then, Nicole broke my thoughts and asked: "So... what d'you guys wanna do once we're at Viridian?"

I thought on it for a few minutes and then said, "Well, I think we should probably stock up on items before we head to Pewter. Viridian Forest is long and demanding so we should be well prepared. Other than that, I say we should...maybe um sightsee that way we can explore the city, still have a fun time and we can become better aquainted. It may be stupid but I don't know...just a thought."

I said all of this trying very hard not to blush or stutter and to my amazement I had accomplished it. Perhaps things would turn out all right between us.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • An unexpected feeling was starting to rise upon Kyo, upon further observation, it was obvious that the bulbasaur known as "Elli" seemed to enojy what she was doing by feeling around Blue and himself. To him, it was what seemed to be a simple method of trying to understand how the human body works, but could easily be mistaken for something rather unpleasent. Feeling the green tentacles writhe around his body and his hair, was making the trainer more displeased then he already is, even the fool heardly Tikan was trying to smack away the vines from Kyo as it displeased her to watch another pokemon associate with the ill-talented trainer. Attempting to bite a vine before the Bulbasaur retracted them, Kyo calmed her down by a gentle pat on the head to confirm the situation was fine, no harm was being done, the reason why the bulbasaur was feeling more on Kyo then Blue was beyond his knowledge Why me? *sigh*, noticing Lyre was trying to stiffle a giggle here and there, this made him grow a bit irritated.As the Bulbasaur retracted his vines, Kyo made movements towards the front yard of the Lab, looking back at the other two.

"If we are going to go to Viridian, why not venture through the forest and then onto Pewter? Do you two plan to not face gym leaders? As of now, what Blue said earlier about the pokemart would appear to be our first goal, since pokeballs are essential in catching pokemon" Squirtle pulling on Kyos pant leg to gain his attention, it would appear that Tikan, with arms outstretched, wished to be hoisted back up to the safe position of his head.

"Tikan, how long are you going to stay up here? Dont expect to be there the entire time, you will eventually go back into your pokeball" Huffing the Squirtle scratched the back of his head with its paws, letting him know whos really in charge, laughing Kyo simply brushed it off as a playful remark. Gazing upon the other two, he knew something exciting had to happen at the very least on his journey, even if occupied by other people.

[Ooc: Very bad post ]

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Soon after I introduced myself, the girl, Nicole, headed for the door, Tyler following her.

I hurriedly picked up Torpedo and chased after them, earning a bit of an unhappy grunt from the little pokemon.

"I'm Nicole but you guys can me call me Nicky if you want." Obviously, Nicole was the one saying this. I nodded.

" M'kay." But I suppose I was too quiet to be heard.

Every second seemed to drag along with supreme awkwardness. I wanted to say something, but I knew next to nothing about my new team mates, and for fear of embaressing them with random outbursts, I kept my mouth shut.

As I inwardly battled my own urge to blab something annoying, Nicole turned to face us, continuing her walking.. But.. backwards.

I was about to tell her she was being dangerous-- she could easily trip over a rock, tumbled down a hill, smash her head against something hard and spill her brains everywhere-- but she spoke again: "So... what d'you guys wanna do once we're at Viridian?"

Good question. Maybe.. train? Or.. talk to people? Or.. talk to people and train?

Bleh, boring. Let's sightsee!

And as I once again prattled on in my head, Tyler began talking.

"Well, I think we should probably stock up on items before we head to Pewter. Viridian Forest is long and demanding so we should be well prepared. Other than that, I say we should...maybe um sightsee that way we can explore the city, still have a fun time and we can become better aquainted. It may be stupid but I don't know...just a thought."

Hey, he seemed to be getting over his nerves!

" I was thinking about the same!" I agreed, giving a small jump from excitement. " And let's also do some training. Brock is the Gym Leader, right? I think we should all train together so we each have a better chance at winning."

Tyler had a type disadvantage against Rock, so I thought it would be wisest if we did get some training in. Either against eachother, or up against the trainers we met along the way.

---

OOC: Yeah. This post was laaaame. :x

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Lyre grinned, saying, "I intend to watch. I'm not going to battle gym leader's, it's never really been in my plans. But I agree with going to Viridian, so let's go!" Unable to hold herself back any longer, Lyre started on her way towards Viridian with a bounce in her step, Elli staring at the Charmander, then at the Squirtle, before trudging after her cheerful trainer, who was faking it from start to finish. But, Lyre was stopped dead in her tracks, turning around as she asked, "First, a few questions about ourselves. Does anybody know how to...cook?" Lyre shifted uncomfortably on the subject- if there was one thing Lyre couldn't do at all- and that was a pure 100% at all, that was cooking anything. Literally. Lyre was completely unable to fix herself anything that was not already pre-made, and ready to eat on the spot. She couldn't even boil water, not without forgetting and letting it all evaporate.

Elli took this time to glare at the squirtle who'd tried to bite her vines, sticking out her wide pink tongue and squeezing her eyes shut, then at the charmander who'd made faces at her. Or, to be more accurate, the charmander's pokeball. Although, the variation of treatment was the only difference, as instead of blowing raspberry at the pokeball, Elli used her vines to make a plethora of odd and strange looking faces back, while she ended with her two vines squeezing her cheeks together and her pink tongue flopping out before she stuck her nose in the air and stalked back to her trainer's feet. A long green vine raised up to Lyre's white belt and pressed the smooth button, and wiggling her butt at the other pokemon/pokeball before disappearing in a beam of red light for a good nap.... again.

fallen_natsumixx

K a i o r a
    Years
  • So Arriena agreed with Tyler's idea. So did Nicole.

She wanted to take a good look around the next towns, train, catch some more Pokemon, the works.

She stopped her walking and set Laia down on the ground before carefully placing her new egg inside her bag.

Apparently, Laia was getting tired because a long, ivy green colored vine reached towards Nicole's waist and pressed the white button on her poke-ball. Laia glowed a red before being zapped back into the ball.

They continued their walking in silence. The only sound heard was the sound of their footsteps hitting the dirt pathaway as they waited for the entrance to Viridian to come up.

Soo... Nicole decided to make conversation. Again.

No, wait. Why was she doing this? She was shy Nicole, remember? Who hardly speaks at all when around people she's new with with her 'Inner Nicole'. But... she already felt at ease with her two new companions.

"So... any particular Pokemon you guys want to catch?" Nicole asked over her shoulder.

She wanted to catch at least one shiny. And a Ninetales. They captivated her with their beauty and gorgeous tails.

---

OOC: ... Yeah, that was short. >___< RP BLOCK FTW.

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    As the clamour of Viola's "curious" pokemon died down, Kyo spoke up.

"If we are going to go to Viridian, why not venture through the forest and then onto Pewter? Do you two plan to not face gym leaders? As of now, what Blue said earlier about the pokemart would appear to be our first goal, since pokeballs are essential in catching pokemon." Blue nodded in agreement.

"I'm gonna be facing Gym leaders, but.. I'm either going to have to do some serious training, or.. catch something in Viridian forest." he patted Charmander's pokeball, still firmly latched onto his belt. "Charmander's a good pokemon, but he isn't too strong yet - especially not strong enough to face a gym leader with a type disadvantage. We should probably - " he started, but then he stopped, not wanting to sound like a rambler. The last thing he wanted right now was for his companions to think of him as a warbling idiot.

Seeing a moment of silence, Viola jutted in. ""I intend to watch. I'm not going to battle gym leader's, it's never really been in my plans. But I agree with going to Viridian, so let's go!" She called, almost skipping off in the direction of Route 1. However, she stopped. "First, a few questions about ourselves. Does anybody know how to...cook?"

Blue raised his hand. "I can cook a few simple things. I'm not a master chef, but I can boil water, and do all sorts of things like that." he nodded, motioning for them all to get going once more. "We'd better keep moving. It's not like it's early in the morning, really. We can make it to Viridian by nightfall, but we'll probably have to hit the Pokemon center there for for the night..." Blue suddenly stopped cold, and his hand flew to his pocket, scratching around wildly. After several seconds of frantic rustling, he slowed, and turned around. "I just realized.. I spent the last of my money this morning on breakfast. Until we start battling trainerss, I've got no money.." Blue sighed. "I hate to ask you guys, but if the worst comes to worst, can you lend me a few bucks for some grub?" he ended his sentence in a mumble, looking dead down at the floor.

OOC: As we come up to the Viridian City borders, I'm gonna end up fighting the bug catcher whose Caterpie I stepped on earlier. So, um. Keep that in mind. XD

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry, I didn't know I was next... ;-;. I don't know if I went to far ahead but if it's too much I'll edit it.

After discussing what we would do next, Nicole asked: ""So... any particular Pokemon you guys want to catch?"

I became lost in my thoughts as I went over Nicole's question. I had never really thought about what particular pokemon I would catch. Other than Charmander I had always decided that I would catch a pokemon based on the situation and my feelings toward it. It may sound stupid but I found it to be a sound idea to base my choices on.

I decided to confide this with Nicole and Arienna.

"Well, I don't have anything too particular in mind, I'll just go with the flow." I stopped and wanted to pound myself against a rock.

If Charmander was out, he'd be rollling on the floor with laughter.

Go with the flow?....How stupid can I be?!

When we had finally exited the outskirts of Pallet town it was a good while before something had stirred us from the dull sound of our footsteps. Just ahead there was a large clearing of grass and I immediately spotted a crystaline object in the distance. Puzzled, I stared at it for awile until I realized that it was a lake. Not too big but certainly large enough to be quite noticable. As we kept walking I could hear a loud commotion coming from the banks of the lake.

"You are worthless to me! You're not worth anything and you are not even competent at battling. Be gone with you!"

Based on the speech, I could infer that this was an arrogant rich woman. As we had finally approached the lake we spotted a plump woman and a golden star shaped creature that I quickly recognized as a Staryu. At that precise moment the lady lifted her swollen leg, sporting an expensive high heeled shoe, and slammed it into the Staryu's gem. I can clearly remember the sound of glass shattering as I made a beeline for the woman.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL IT?!"

The woman looked stunned, but she never let her arrogant gaze at the three of us waver.

"Excuse me? I'm perfectly entitled to do whatever I want with MY pokemon."

"You're not entitled to be an executioner!" I snarled. I ran over to the sagging staryu and examined the damage. It would need to be healed as soon as possible or else...

"Get away from it! It's not yours!" She then pulled a diamond encrusted pokeball and threw it into the patch of grass seperating us. A strange blue pokemon with drool protruding from its mouth appeared and gave a clueless look at me. Instantly recognizing this as a challenge for a pokemon battle, I released Charmander from its ball ready to knock some sense into this woman.

"What a pitiful pokemon... Oh well, Gloom! Use sleep powder!"

Millions of tiny spore-like particles erupted from Gloom's top and glided towards Charmander. Just before it made contact I came back to my senses.

"Charmander use Ember to knock the spores away!" Tiny balls of fire shot from Charmander's tail and completely incinerated the spores while managing to burn Gloom. The woman then began to wail with an annoying pitch of voice. She returned her Gloom and stomped away over a hilltop.

"Serves her right." I added. I picked up the Staryu and held it in my arms. I then returned Charmander to its ball and told my teammates: "We have to hurry!"

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Lyre grinned and gave Blue a thumbs up, "Good!" Lyre chirped before striding to the outskirts of Pallet in no time flat, due to the size of the town. Somehow, everything smelled...fresh, here, between the building the seperated the route the trio tread upon from the vast Viridian Forest. Unlike her home, Larousse, which smelled clean, like metal and glass, this place smelled like trees and water and whatever else Nature was made of. Lyre couldn't help but grimace, not that it really matter since she was ahead of the other two by quite a few meters, and that she was facing the opposite direction of Kyo and Blue. The hype of getting her own journey, pokemon, and decisions was beginning to wear off, and Lyre's half-genuine cheerfulness was starting to wear thin. She could always go on with full-fakeness, but it was starting to be absolutely no fun.

Elli was still sleeping, and Lyre was a very cranky person in the mornings, so she didn't want to bother the pokemon like others did to herself. Lyre decided that her pokemon would keep her company, as the other two surely would not cut it. Speaking of cut it, Lyre stopped in front of a patch of tall grass that blocked the way up to the building that was just on the edge of Lyre's vision. Wild pokemon lived in tall grass, at least, certain pokemon did. She stopped at the edge of the greenery and waited for Blue and Kyo. Elli wasn't going to be awake at all, so Lyre would have to rely on her own luck if the others would fight off wild pokemon for her. Well, with some good positioning and some good dodging skills, Lyre would most likely be able to make it out in one piece anyway...

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    OOC: For anyone still with this RP, the order system has been removed, meaning you can post regardless if it's your "turn" or not. Oh, and the disgusting amout of bunnying in this post was arranged with Bijou. SO. IC.

IC:

Having his question fully ignored, (perhaps on purpose,) Blue sighed, his hands still thrust in his pocket. With a bright, upbeat smile, Lyre nearly squeaked out "Good!" before bolting on ahead. As Blue watched her run, his eyes drifted back down towards his hands, and out of chance, onto his Pokegear, which was firmly strapped to his wrist.. As he did so, two rapid chirps shot out from the small speaker, and a voice spoke into the one earbud headphone he had lightly placed into his ear.

"It is now 10 A.M." the metallic voice droned, and Blue looked up at the sky. The morning sunlight was muffled by the presence of stale moonlight, still making it's way sleepily to back where it belonged, the vibrant sun still stretching and yawning, getting ready to do what it usually does.

By the time he had finished admiring the sunrise, Lyre had made her way several yards ahead of him and Kyo, and was walking backwards, her expression unable to be seen from a distance like that. What could be distinctly heard was a ghastly scream.

"KYAA!!"

The noise shot out all around him, and Blue broke into a run, having no idea what was going on. By the time he had reached the scene, however, it was apparant as to what had happened. Lyre was several yards away, her usual calm disposition shattered, her entire body shivering as she pointed to a small thing wiggling around in the grass. As Blue approached the "menace," he was surprised to find that a rather plain weedle stood rustling around in the tall grass, obviously oblivious to the piercing shriek that had left the ears on Growlithe all the way in Lavender town ringing several seconds before. Blue turned towards Lyre, a teasing grin on his face. A devilish thought crossed his mind - but.. no.. could he be that mean?

He could.

Picking up the weedle by the midsection, he prepared to toss it at the girl cowering at the sight of the bug. As he did so, a nearly delirious shout rang out from the tall grass behind him.

"Unhand my pokemon, you hooligan!" a nasally voice called, and Blue wheeled around weedle in hand, and found himself face to face with the bugcatcher from the earlier morning's incidents. Blue took a step back, sweatdropping.

"Oh, jeez.." he grumbled, half embarassed, half annoyed. He dropped the bug pokemon, raised his arms in a sort of mock surrender, and turned around, motioning with his head to his companions in the direction of Viridian City. As he began to walk away, the bug catcher cried out nearly psychotically,

"A HA!" he screeched, his plump finger pointing rudely at Blue's belt. "You've got a pokemon! By official law, you HAVE to battle me if I challenge you to a battle, which I DO!" The bugcatcher's eyes bulged, and he suddenly grabbed two pokeballs from his belt, and tossed them towards the radius of the two boys. From the two balls came forth two massive pokemon. A beedril, it's stinger bulging with venom, and a butterfree, it wings soaked with deadly pollen.

Blue silently drew Charmander's pokeball from his belt, and tossed it almost unconsciously into the center of their makeshift arena, still gawking at the two fully evolved bug pokemon. As Charmander emerged from his pokeball ready to fight, his brave mentality quickly deteriorated, and he took a step back, his little lizard heartrate rapidly increasing.

<I.. I gotta.. I gotta fight those things..?> he asked with a gulp, and Blue nodded unhappily, liking this situation less and less with every passing moment. The bug catcher laughed maniacally, striking a defiant pose.

"I'll teach you to step on my pokemon!" he cried. "Buggzy! Buggza! Attack! Kill the lizard!"

The two bugs took to the command like lightning. Buggza the butterfree expelled a makeshift smokescreen of pollen, and the movement of the enemy was masked by the chemical signature. Charmander heard the voice of the crazy bug-catcher, and braced himself for the attack.

"Alright, Charmander.. if we believe in each other, we can overcome even the greatest of challenges!" Blue cheered, thinking of all those movies he'd watched as a kid. Two best friends can overcome any challenge, no matter how great, right?

Wrong.

Even with the stoutest of hearts, an inexperienced trainer with an inexperienced pokemon is no match for a maniacal trainer with two fully evolved pokemon attacking full force. In a single body slam from Beedril, Charmander was down, his crumpled form lying several feet away from the initial impact site. Blue rushed over to his companion, and kneeled down beside his friend, while the victorious bug-catcher gloated at his extremely unfair victory.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: I'm not sure the extent of Charmander's injuries, but I guessed that they're not super extreme. :/ If they are, IM me, PM me, whatever and I'll edit.

IC: Lyre, for one, was a very disgruntled girl. First, she was indignified that Blue had taken her moment of weakness to shove that fugly bug into her face, second of all, she lost her cool, and lastly, this bug catcher had just owned Blue's charmander, so she could challenge the nimrod to a battle for his stupidity! Lyre stormed to her feet, all entomophobia forgotten in her haze of rage. Stomping right up to the snotty bug catcher she slammed her foot into his face, completely bypassing the celebrating pokemon whom she probably should've battled first, yelling in a very un-feminine scold, "HEY YOU." (Although with foot in his face, she quite already had his attention) "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID? YOU JUST FRIGGIN OWNED HIS CHARMANDER BEFORE ME!!! SNOT-NOSED BRAT, WAIT FOR YOUR TURN!!!" Lyre shriked, and a pair of vines wrapped around his waist, and hauled the stupid bug-catcher into the air, hopefully landing in the middle of a good number of rhydons, his Buggy pokemon frantically rushing after him to catch the flying boy.

Lyre however, had had enough. Spinning around, she pointed at Blue and barked, "And you! Avoid dorks with powerful pokemon, we're not exactly standing in front of a pokemon center!!" After her rant, she threw a potion at Blue's head, before adjusting her arm to point at Kyo, "AND YOU. Hurry up!!!" Still fuming, Lyre had completely forgotten about the injured charmander for charmander who had presently gotten quite hurt, she stormed over to the other side of the grass to cool off.

Elli, who had already been rudely awakened by Lyre, waddled over to Blue and his charmander, watching the injured charmander with light concern. Though he was indeed injured, Elli was not yet experienced enough to use the powerful synthesis she'd seen so many other bulbasaur's who returned to the lab use. Settling down where she was, she decided to take a break where she was, red eyes shifting from Blue, to the charmander.

<'We should probably start heading for the pokemon center.'> Elli was saying to charmander, who probably wasn't hearing a single word.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back