• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    I know alot of people want alot of things from these new versions, but lets be realistic about this, and take a look at the existing examples. Fire Red and Leaf Green taught us that remakes are just that, revamped graphically and thats it, the only addition to the storyline is a small story to able trading between the main Gen region and the remake regions(Gen III Hoenn and Kanto/Sevii Islands Gen IV Sinnoh and Johto/Kanto) The inclusion of the legendaries from gen I probobly won't happen, except Mewtwo, sence Nintendo is trying to make Gen IV a stand alone system(DSI) I mean the legendary mirages are obtainable in Platinum, so no need to include those. I think it going to be basically the same as the Gen II games, mabey a little tougher Gym leaders, and mabey a little added story to trade to Sinnoh, but nothing else.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    I'd really like to see Cinabar Island return WITHOUT all the lava covering the island. I miss it:'( as well as maybe a Sevii Islands for Kanto again, but larger (Islands 10-15)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A lot of the things I'd love to be implemented in the new games have already been listed by people who've managed to find this thread before me, so I'll save you all from pointless reiteration.

And now to break my word; I'd love for the Safari Zone to come back more than anything. I recall it being closed down due to a glitch, wasn't it? I reckon they'd be able to fix that problem now, so it probably will be back.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    Kanto will definitely be better in the remake. With the DS, there's a lot more space, so I'm hoping for more. I also want to see the Orange Islands included, but I don't think it'll happen.

almostlovehate

Complete...global...satur ation
    Years
    Penumbra, I said 492 because we haven't gotten Arceus yet, so I though that'd be more appropriate to put.
    But yeah, I'm just hype we're getting these remade. :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they can somehow create a great storyline for the Kanto then the game can be a really good RBY & GSC remake all in one. That would be cool, and it would give the players a longer experience at it all.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I would want stronger trainer after you get your sixteen badges. It get's boring once you beat everyone. So something to do once you finish the main plot. I'd like to see a cameo of Giovanni. Maybe an answer to who his so really is? I'm pretty sure there are many curious about this.

Years
    I always felt GSC was building up for Giovanni's return.

It almost seems stupid of the Rockets to be waiting so diligently and well... not having him come back at all.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    kanto gen 1.. looked like a normal region
    kanto gen 2.. more nicer and smaller + more features
    kanto gen 3.. looked like a normal region more nicer no new features + no gen 2 features
    kanto gen 4.. nicer (?no new features?)

so kanto will be like nicer but no new things will be in the region

Years
    I agree that the focus of the game should be on Johto and everything within it, but having Kanto kind of remastered would be amazing as well.

Finally! Someone agrees with me. I want this game to be about Johto. Each region has it's own game. (Except Orange Islands) Why can't this game be about more about Johto? Yes, they can keep Kanto, but I don't want it to steal the spotlight from Johto. That's what I've been worried about. Then I have people telling me: "who wouldn't want a full Johto and Kanto?" Um there is a full Kanto out there, people who want a full Kanto, check your FR/LG. I like Johto the most. (First game I've ever played was Gold version. The second was Red and I wasn't too thrilled about it. However, I did like Yellow version and I got excited that Pikachu followed me. I loved when Pikachu sang to me. I wish more pokemon said their names instead of sounding like they are choking.)

For Kanto, maybe they can have Team Rocket there in a similar was as to why Galactic was in Stark Mountain. Maybe Team Rocket searches for the 3 legendary birds and they can't find them because they went to Sinnoh. Or maybe they'll try to capture Mew. Who knows?

Years
    DING DING DING! Johto was pretty small and almost event-less compared to Kanto from RGB. We need a BIGGER Johto, and less of Kanto...just like before
    I hope that they'll add more areas to Johto itself, maybe more islands, lengthening the routes, bigger national park... The best thing they could do is making Mt.Silver way deeper and bigger and giving the ability to fight strong trainers over there(Agatha).
    In kanto, I hope they'll add the Safari zone, a new power plant(if the original will be closed), more islands. But I think they had enough of Kanto in RFLG and that they'll focus on Johto in this games.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Two different elite fours would be nice :D
    Oh and bring back features like Lavander towns tower and siplh CO.
    Also would it be good to have post game storylines, kinda like filler haha :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think if they level out Kanto enough to not overtake Johto in the remake it would be pretty nice. Of course, Kanto and Johto might have some new additions after obtaining the Nat. Dex, which isn't too bad.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    1. Once you obtain [insert number here] in your Johto Dex, you get a Kanto starter from prof. Oak (similar to Emerald with the Johto starters.]
    2. I would love for Cinnabar Island to be restored, but doubt it. :(
    3. Safari Zone is open.
    4. You can explore all of the Kanto Radio Tower.
    5. You can also explore all of Silph.
    6. Cerulean Cave is open? (Maybe not with mewtwo, though.)
    7. Veridian Forest is restored to it's former glory.
    8. Mt Moon is larger.

That's all I can think of, for now. Maybe a Battle Frontier/Tower nearby too? (Or the Battle Tower could be where it was in Crystal, I guess...:\)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They could possibly bring back Cinnabar Island. You have to remember that the DS' memory has a lot more than what was originally in the old GS cartridges. I couldn't agree more with bringing back Kanto's glory as it should be, because in the original GS version, it was very boring; Hopefully that'll change with this new remake.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    They could possibly bring back Cinnabar Island. You have to remember that the DS' memory has a lot more than what was originally in the old GS cartridges. I couldn't agree more with bringing back Kanto's glory as it should be, because in the original GS version, it was very boring; Hopefully that'll change with this new remake.
    Well, in G/S, Cinnabar Island was destroyed by an erupting volcano. Would there not be one in this remake?

Even if they bring up Kanto's glory and size, I still think that the game should surround Johto more.

Years
    - Make Blaine's improvised gym in the Seafoam Islands a bit bigger, with Gym Trainers. For that matter, restore the whole dungeon
    - Make the E4 harder
    - Make Red harder to bring him back ahead of that little upstart Pearl
    - Bring back the Safari Zone; Glitch City can't happen anymore
    - After getting X amount of Pokemon/beating Red for the first time, have Professor Oak give you a Kanto starter of your choice
    - Include the Sevii Islands; give them more Pokemon to be found
    - Find Giovanni hiding on the Islands; fight him (possibly in a double battle with Silver)
    - Bring back the Unknown Dungeon & Mewtwo

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having them bring back Giovanni and Mewtwo in a plotting twist would be cool for the Kanto. Seeing as before it was kind of bland.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    -open cerulean cave once more
    -open safari zone again
    -extend team rocket plot to kanto and battle giovanni
    -recieve kanto starter when you visit prof oak in pallet town
    -get re-invited to the pokemon league after you get 16 badges and have a tougher elite 4 and Ash as the champion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back