• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
Years
  • i know that in the original GSC, the only part of cinnabar island that was accesible was the pkmn center, due to an eruted volcano. Does anyone else think that we might ACTUALLY get to see the rest of it this time around?

Raith1090

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • In FRLG they when ure in the sevi islands process the rockets that are hiding out in the islands mention a redhaired kid who is supposely giovanni's son and now with the backup and running Johto characters Silver could play a big role in Kanto becuz u still play as gold or the female in thourghout kanto. Im saying that no matter what they do its still awesome cuz cmon they actually REMADE them ahah im sooo stoked

i also bet the pokemon breeder south from cerulean will be upgraded man im totally stoked for kanto upgrades i love the wind in New Barktown that they added all the cities have something for what there known from theyll be used to full effect i bet. :)

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I hope that nintendo will do a good job redesigning kanto this time around as in the originals it just felt so empty. I hope they will make kanto return back with a bang! I bet will do a good job!

kellogs

Crunchy
    Years
  • All i want is to be able to battle Red again and also get every single badge :D I hope they expand Kanto,make the route's longer so i don't get bored .

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Kanto is almost confirmed to be there.
    There's the railway and a kanto route in the map.

Now I don't think of having the Sevii Islands again in this games.
    They were just an add-on to the remakes, so the players could have more stuff to do (as Kanto was a easy task to complete), with all the features which got introduced in the later generations (as the breeding center on 4th island, which also exists on Kanto).
    Wouldn't you want more to do in a game besides just defeat people over and over again? Don't get me wrong - That's a fun part of the game, but after awhile it just gets dull doing that over and over again.

I mostly like the exploration part of the games. You know - Seeing all the new towns, caves, ocean, etc.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wouldn't you want more to do in a game besides just defeat people over and over again? Don't get me wrong - That's a fun part of the game, but after awhile it just gets dull doing that over and over again.

I mostly like the exploration part of the games. You know - Seeing all the new towns, caves, ocean, etc.

Agreed, as much fun as it is to battle sixteen gyms, and multiple trainers as well as the favored rival Silver, other players might want more than that. Johto and Kanto were great regions so many years ago. The DPPt tile format and the new features makes Kanto all the better. However, the cities really need to be improved and expanded as this is something I think a lot of people would want for Kanto compared to what was done in the originals. The new look of it will be breathtaking as how Johto appears to look right now, so that is definitely a plus for the fans.

Just like Johto, I would like the exterior of the gyms to have a basic color outline of each type, and possible a different building appearance, but the color outline would be fine. I think this would give the region more of a brightened look and to see it would be pleasant indeed. I would also like for them to interact the weather and each city's own special feature effect, such as what they did with New Bark Town. I think all of these little additions will make the region a lot better and they would all count to a better game play as well as some new side plots added in as well.

Years
  • i just want more to do in kanto than the originals
    i want some exciting rocket stuff, nice and evenly spread out (instead of a huge thing at mahogany town, then straight after at goldenrod >___> )

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    I'd be fine if they didn't add to many new features, but just updated the previous ones. As Aero. said, it would be pretty cool too have an outlining of each gym type. It would also be cool if they looked more like their type. They need to bring Kanto Back, as you need to go into Kanto to reach the Elite Four, so It would only make sense.

I would also be pretty disappointed if they kept some native Johto Pokemon in Kanto. That annoyed me. I needed them for certain points, but couldn't get them yet. It's fine if they don't bring back the Safari Zone too, I liked National Park and the Bug Catching Contest.

Just my thoughts.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • The ability to actually catch them all. In other words: Having all of them somewhere in them. Not in both games, but split up between the two. I just think that with trading and everything you should be able to actually get all of the 1st and 2nd generation pokemon.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • I have to disagree with everyone that doesen't want certain things. Honestly the more the merrier. If they stuff safari zone, rockets in Kanto, and an entire plot for Kanto shouldn't we be happy? I mean im fricking tired of buying a new pokemon game and beating it in one sit down! NO, the more they stuff into it the better, i could care less if it's a nostaligic remake or a completely new story with the title of remake only applying for the regions themselves. I don't get why anybody would not want EVERY possible thing in it. If you don't like something you don't have to do it, it's always nice to have the option of doing it though isn't it? Options are your friend.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i just want more to do in kanto than the originals
    i want some exciting rocket stuff, nice and evenly spread out (instead of a huge thing at mahogany town, then straight after at goldenrod >___> )

YES, I want more ofteam Rocket in Kanto as well. I hope they explain why that one Rocket Grunt in G/S/C was stealing the generator from the Power Plant, hopefully there will be a secret base or something.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I am hoping something with Team Rocket takes place in Kanto, it would certainally make things more exciting and whether its Giovanni taking another shot at power, or a few stubborn and bitter Team Rocket members angry over being foiled so they take it to the Kanto for yet another attempt. It would be fun, I am just glad Kanto was confirmed though. It doesn't really matter to me what it is, but I want some sort of plot to take place in the region.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
  • I'd want the Kanto gym leaders to have their normal gen 1 pokemon. And i hope the johto leaders have the same pokemon as they did in G/S/C!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Only important thing is Safari Zone, I want go back there. But there are few little things what I want more, like Mewtwo back to it's cave. They could make people to dig cave's opening so you can go there again after you complete Kanto. I don't know about Team Rocket, but Jessie, James and Meowth has been only in Yellow... Hope they will be in some game again (they should be in FireRed and LeafGreen)...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I have to disagree with everyone that doesen't want certain things. Honestly the more the merrier. If they stuff safari zone, rockets in Kanto, and an entire plot for Kanto shouldn't we be happy? I mean im fricking tired of buying a new Pokemon game and beating it in one sit down! NO, the more they stuff into it the better, i could care less if it's a nostaligic remake or a completely new story with the title of remake only applying for the regions themselves. I don't get why anybody would not want EVERY possible thing in it. If you don't like something you don't have to do it, it's always nice to have the option of doing it though isn't it? Options are your friend.

I fully agree 110%

We need more stuff in Kanto, I still can't believe they butchered the Viridian Forest and what the hell is with Mt. Moon

EDIT:

I just realized isn't there a gameshark code that enables to walk through walls and if used at the Safari Zone gate you can walk into a beta layout of the Safari Zone that still has Pokemon in it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I havn't played Diamond in a while, but didn't somewhere in the game they mentioned a special rock being in kanto? Im sure that will be in the Kanto in these remakes, since the games take place in nearly the same time period.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I havn't played Diamond in a while, but didn't somewhere in the game they mentioned a special rock being in kanto? Im sure that will be in the Kanto in these remakes, since the games take place in nearly the same time period.

Yes, in DPPt a White Rock was mentioned to be located with the Kanto region. Also, you are correct, Johto and Sinnoh run nearly at the same timeline, so once we get basic and official confirmation that Kanto is back in the remakes now, then it'll make sense to include the rock somewhere in the Kanto areas. Also, for whatever reason it may be, some speculate that it'll have something to with another Shaymin event. The reason why is because during last week's HGSS Event video shared by another Japanese kids show, it was hinted off that there might be another Shaymin event for the remakes itself. If this is proven to be true and comes to show, then more than likely the White Rock will be involved with this event, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. So, if anything had to be altered a bit with Kanto, something that has a great chance of being included is the mentioned White Rock from the DPPt games.

Years
  • Well, its obviously too late now as they wont be working on the game this late but it would of been cool to include some 'Unofficial' Gyms across the Sevii Islands. Seven more challenges to beat and they could include side characters as the leaders, put the Saffron Dojo as one then have people like Riley (But from previous games) in and a couple of Hoenn gym leaders.

Would add alot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back