• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kanto Starters in X & Y!

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • The main story not that hard, and you can beat it with weak and unbalanced teams, I have beated the games alot with team which had double types(the first time I beated the elite four I had Charizard, Aerodactyl and Pidgeot).

Not that I'm a pro or something like this, thats just how things seems to me
    This is exactly why it doesn't bother me whether or not my Kanto starter choice is the same type as my Kalos starter. Competitive battling is a different story compared to the Pokémon you can use in-game, so it doesn't really matter who you choose and if you have overlapping types. That being said, I'm pretty bent on choosing Chespin as my Kalos starter and Squirtle or Charmander as my Kanto starter, so this issue really exactly a problem for me.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Going to pick Fennekin for Kalos starter and Bulbasaur as my Kanto. Initially I was going for the grass starter but I just can't seem to like Chespin. Something with it's design just turns me off it and Fennekin is so friggin' cute, I just hope it's evolution are cute too :]
    Kalos will be the first region I don't pick a grass starter >.>

At least good ol' Bulbasaur will be there as my grass starter. Now I'm just hoping I can find a way to smuggle my Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy egg from BW2 so I can stare at my beautiful grass types starters when they graceful move during battle.

Last edited:

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I'm glad that the old retro starters will be available in X/Y. I was really disappointed with the X/Y starter Pokemon at first and while I've grown to love Froakie, I still don't like the other two so I'm glad I'll have other options of which starters to choose. I'll prolly end up picking Charmander or Bulbasaur in X version and I'll get Froakie in Y.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm glad that the old retro starters will be available in X/Y. I was really disappointed with the X/Y starter Pokemon at first and while I've grown to love Froakie, I still don't like the other two so I'm glad I'll have other options of which starters to choose. I'll prolly end up picking Charmander or Bulbasaur in X version and I'll get Froakie in Y.
    You get one of each trio so you can get Froakie and Charmander or Bulbasaur in one and the other and another of the Kalos (or Froakie again) starters if you'll like.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I predict, that the majority of people, will choose Charmander. It's always been one of the most popular...
    so, getting a Bulbasaur or Squirtle through GTS by breeders....isn't going to be easy.

Also: Kalos-Chespin, Kanto-Still deciding between Charmander and Squirtle.

Speaking of which...Bulbasaur will probably be left in the dust...it's not too popular.

So I heard something about MegaBlastoise's pokedex entry or something
    It can hit targets SIX MILES away
    Just imagine that, you're walking along and you hear something
    "What sounds like a water fall?"
    You turn to look and...HYDRO PUMP TO THE FACE

most people will take advantage of the fact that torchic will be distributed and get froakie and bulbasuar (ie me) or chespin and squirtle. Mega Charizard is wicked though

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • This has put me in turmoil because while I'm so excited, I also don't know which I'll choose! I know I'm choosing Fennekin, but I just love Mega Charizard so much and I don't want to get the two of the same types if I'm going to utilize them in my party!

Ahhg! I guess if nothing else I'll choose Squirtle.

Years
  • At first I was thinking that I'll go for Squirtle as I'll have Chespin and (the event) Torchic in my team to make the typing trinity complete - however, I think having three starters on my team will discourage me to use new ones that I've never seen or had before... not to mention the unfair advantage that I think Starters bring.​

Years
  • It depends on the general availability of the Pokemon with the typing that these starters in question have. For example if there is a dearth of Grass type Pokemon, I'd pick Bulbasaur.

Back