• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanye Gone to far?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Well, I didn't see anything on this, so I'll make a thread on it.

At the Video Music Awards, Taylor Swift won the Best Female Video Award. A lot of cheers. But out of nowhere, Kanye West, famed rapper, intruded on the celebration proclaiming that his friend, the famed Beyonce should have won.

Later, Kanye apologized, but not a lot of people excepted it. Obama even called West a "jackass" (or so i heard)

Reactions, comments?

I feel sorry for Taylor Swift. No one likes there moment of glory challenged.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Since when does he not go too far with his narcissism? And why was this event such a shock? He's been pulling stunts like this for yrrrz.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    Admitted, I'm not a major fan of either one though I do love some of Taylor Swift's music.
    However, I thought that was a really rude thing for Kanye to do. :/
    Taylor looked so embarrassed and I felt really sorry for her.
    I'm so glad Beyonce called her back on stage.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm confused why he has his head so far up in the clouds. He has no talent himself to begin with, so what credit should he have to judge others who actually do have talent? That's like a four year old calling you mean or something to that respect. His statement should just as easily fall off your shoulder. How he managed to become somewhat successful during his time as a musician is beyond me. Though that's probably my opinion speaking considering that I find rap itself to be the least impressive/expressive/creative/etc. genre in music.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    I felt really bad for Taylor. It was her first VMA and Kanye ruined it for her. What Knaye said was totally uncalled for, and he should have minded his own business, Beyonce was the one who was nominated, not him. I'm so glad Beyonce called Taylor onstage to have her moment, it really shows that she is a lady and a wonderful person.

EDIT: 1,500th post! YAY~!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It's not that he has his head too far up in the clouds it's more like he has his head too far up his rear end. It's hard for me to bare listening to his music because he is the most self absorbed rapper/hip hop artist out there. I wouldn't like his music even if he was modest but still, I find myself changing the radio station if he comes on. It is beyond me how he has managed to have as many hits as he has had. In a way it upsets me how someone could be so arrogant that they should do this during someones acceptance speech. Kanye West has made a fool of himself by doing this and he knows it. I garentee that he'l be on some chat shows on TV explaining how he was out of line and then make some stupid excuse for it. It's not that I'm overly annoyed by this but the man in general, lacks talent and is overflowing with arrogance.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    To be honest I'm not much for the overrated MTV teeny bopper crap anymore, but i've been hearing about this all day.

This guy's way too full of himself thinking he can break midway into an acceptance speech and start moaning because that one chick won.
    Did he honestly think that would go over well?

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    reportedly, during the aftershow, sway commented on this saying that kanye had too much to drink that night, he had downed a half a bottle of liquor by himself, which may mean he was drunk and well, ruined it for taylor.

Ever since his claim to fame, its hard to not become arrogant. 50 Cent, more or less, has acted the same way when he came out and really, its all the hype that comes with becoming a multi-platinum rap artist. undoubtedly, what he did was extremely rude and disrespectful towards Taylor. yes, kanye went too far this time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2009
    I think Kanye was awesome for sticking up for what he thought, I just think he did it in the wrong way.
    Beyonce did have a better video and Taylor Swift sucks, IMHO

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I'll say it again here:
    Kanye West has ALWAYS been like this. Why do you all think South park decided to do the Fish Sticks episode four times tonight? XD I mean think about it, he said he should be in the bible, he decided he is allowed to make his own Louis Vuiton stuff and use the brand name breaking copy right laws, the thing about George W Bush hating black people. Again, Beyonce lil mama Knowles showed she had class and let Taylor Swift finish her speech. I mean honestly, this makes me hate the guy more. Beyonce, the person he endorsed won best video of the year, meaning he made himself look like a fool for no reason at all.

When the president even has something to say ti gets worse. Remember, President Obama called the man a jackass. This term is not even used for pirates, terrorists, bankers who are aiding to the destruction of the American economy. This is the first time that Obama has used language like that to describe something. Heck he even started to cry on the Jay Leno show because it is just setting in what he did was wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    While I hate to see it happen, I am in love with all of the meme's being put up now about it. I lol so hard at some of them. The most recent:
    Kanye Gone to far?

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Oh god, so now there's going to be 50 thousand of these photos ^^ travelling around and 3/4 of them won't even be funny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Haha, some of them will be fail, but of the ones I've seen, they're really funny.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    First there was a pic on FaceBook of Pokemon doing a parody of this situation.
    Kanye ' "Yo Rayquayza, Imma let u finish but Mewtwo was one of the best Legendaries of all time!" lol

Anyway, anyone whi agrees that Taylor Swift should have won that award is crazy. Beyonce SHOULD have won the award and if she was to lose it to either P!nk or Lady Gaga, Gaga should have taken. kanye felt as if he was voicing it for those who didnt have the guts to, even if it did turn out to be a terrible idea.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    kanye felt as if he was voicing it for those who didnt have the guts to, even if it did turn out to be a terrible idea.

You are missing the point yet again. It doesn't matter if Kanye is the second coming of Jeebus. And whether you feel Taylor should've won the award or not is a moot point. That is something you never do, regardless of the circumstances. Yet again he proved that is that he is an unprofessional, cowardly, arrogant punk. That's what makes him a weak little person, and that's why he doesn't deserve any respect from anyone. Based on his track record, I think Obama hit the nail on the head with what he said about him (I may not have voted for the guy and it may not have been intended for public ears, but I've gotta give him props for that).

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    all Im saying is that he said what so many of us were thinking, whether he should have or not Im glad he did. It put it in peoples faces just like he meant for it to.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    all Im saying is that he said what so many of us were thinking, whether he should have or not Im glad he did. It put it in peoples faces just like he meant for it to.

Oh, it put it in our faces all right. But not the way you think it did. It made us realize that he's a childish bully who's never going to grow up.

I'm tired of arguing about something that's plain as day...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Whatever! Lol, u were arguing with yourself honey. I was just giving you feed from a different point of view. U have to consider why someonne does something before you become a critic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Well Kanye did go too far. The point he made was true though. I would had Gaga or Beyonce win that award. To me that award look rigged. Taylor Swift didn't deserve the awards. I believe Kanye didnt say anything bad to her, it's just the timing and where he did it was wrong.

However this doesn't stop me from listening to his music.

Anyway i guess i'll post this which i found on facebook:

Kanye Gone to far?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To Mukkamoto! Thankyou! U sais what I said but worded it so much better. He didnt lie but it as just obnoxious the way he did it.

Back