• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Karma's a -censored-

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    For those of you who don't know what the definition of the kind of karma I'm talking about click here

Karma's based on superstition, and the concept of karma differs from people. So my questions for you today are:

1)Do you believe in karma (or in superstition on general)?
    2)If you are a believer of karma, do you believe in both good and bad karma?
    3)This one goes to believers and nonbelievers alike: What was your last situation on which the definition of karma could be seen as a factor of whatever happened?
    4)To the nonbelievers, explain why you don't believe in karma.
    5)Say anything worth saying related to karma. :3

How'd I get the word "censored" wrong? -_-

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    How'd I get the word "censored" wrong? -_-

It's OK I fixed it for you :P

Personally, no, I don't believe in karma. The concept strikes me as a new-agey way to get people to behave in a time where religion is slowly becoming less relevant. You hit the nail on the head when you said it was based on superstition and I'm not a superstitious person at all.

I've had potentially karmic things happen a few times... like when I made a distasteful joke and then 30 seconds later hit my head on the car door or whatnot, but honestly that's just bad timing to my mind. There's nothing cosmic going on, I just happened to hit my head lol

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Nope, I'm not a karma person. However, I do use it as an expression kinda like, "oh my God" but I don't actually believe in God or a god. Just joking around, yeah?

I guess my only karma-like experience is when a girl that I don't like tried to use it against me and telling me that karma is going to get me one day and told me to watch my back... but I don't even know what I did that would encourage it? well anyway, she's having unfortunate events happening in her life now, so I guess it backfired on her. Going to admit here, we both did bad things to each other just to bring one another down, and I mean harsh, life-scarring things. I left her alone for a few years, but she doesn't seem to want to get over this bickering. Can't say that I've ever suffered for it, but it is (and was) definitely worse on her end. Maybe it's because she actually believes in karma... hm..

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    IT'S FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT...

Karma totally exists. Ayselipera is really mean to me on MSN and teases me and criticizes me and my choices and everything and she always ends up getting sick and all afterwards and it's like "HAH! PAYBACK FOR BEING SUCH A HORRIBLE FRIEND AND TREATING ME SO POORLY EVEN THOUGH I AM SUCH A GOOD PERSON AND TREAT YOU SO NICE AND I TRY SO HARD TO MAKE YOU HAPPY EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SUCH A MEAN PERSON TO ME AT TIMES!" And then she apologizes, and I forgive her, and then she gets better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayselipera

Karma totally exists. Ayselipera is really mean to me on MSN and teases me and criticizes me and my choices and everything and she always ends up getting sick and all afterwards and it's like "HAH! PAYBACK FOR BEING SUCH A HORRIBLE FRIEND AND TREATING ME SO POORLY EVEN THOUGH I AM SUCH A GOOD PERSON AND TREAT YOU SO NICE AND I TRY SO HARD TO MAKE YOU HAPPY EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SUCH A MEAN PERSON TO ME AT TIMES!" And then she apologizes, and I forgive her, and then she gets better.

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS.

Anyway I have always sort of believed in karma. Both good and bad. Although I can't say it ever really influences me to do more good things over bad things, but either way! I don't really remember the last time karma came into play with anything that I noticed, BUT I'M SURE IT HAS RECENTLY.

THEROGE12

V The Roge x
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    i Really don't Believe in Karma. Its those things that people say to scare someone when they cant do nonething back.. If karma was real i would be in the Hospital For a While Cause Im really a evil and prankster Person.. Thats my believes everybody has their own opinions

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    This thread made me start singing Beyonce! Anyway...

Do you believe in karma (or in superstition on general).

Yes, yes I do. I am a big believer in Karma. What goes around, comes around.

If you are a believer of karma, do you believe in both good and bad karma?

I believe in both, you have to have a bit of balance right?

What was your last situation on which the definition of karma could be seen as a factor of whatever happened?

Ages ago, I was arguing with my sister and I said something really horrible to her that I did not mean. A few minute later, I feel down the stairs. I would not call that a coincidence, I got what was coming to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's a commendable attempt as superstition goes, but I don't follow the concept as a principle to live on. I understand the lesson of karma, and that is all that's necessary. One shouldn't be drawn wholly to the conceptions of their forebearers. Understand; move on. Learn.

Back