• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kay3o's Sprites, Tilesets and More!~

kay3o

B)
    Years
    This will be kind of a dump for all my sprites and pixel work.
    I'll Post anything I make or start working on.

This is a tileset for an upcoming game I'm making. Please Don't use these at all until I say so. Most of its custom except for the parts that I've outlined with "Edited from Kyledove D/P Sprites"

The Trainer sprite is Custom and the over-world is an edit, I'll be adding a D/P/P styled sheet to it soon with the same trainer.

So Comments, Cirts, Post?

Thanks
    Kay3o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The trees look a bit flat. I'm not entirely sure how you could fix it - perhaps shade the sides of the tree a bit, or add highlights down the middle?

The logs and rocks are awesome, though.

kay3o

B)
    Years
    The trees look a bit flat. I'm not entirely sure how you could fix it - perhaps shade the sides of the tree a bit, or add highlights down the middle?

The logs and rocks are awesome, though.

Heh thanks,

And also thanks for the tips on the trees, I'll play around with it for abit and update latter on with some buildings.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    They're nice enough, but the fact that they look like Kyledove's makes them so unoriginal. I mean, couldn't you come up with your own style?

Now the trainer sprite is really nice, like the shading on the pants. However, in the rear sprite for the overworld, I think the headband should be slightly curved. It looks odd perfectly straight.

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Hmm, I do agree with you with the "unoriginal" part, But I've been spriting all my tilesets with a dark and different style for awhile now.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
    These are pretty sweet. I like the look to it.
    I also like the trainer. :) Like the idea for the Master ball.
    They look really nice, though.

Years
    I agree completely with [NovaPirate]. The fact that you copied Kyledove's style/tiles is completely unoriginal. The palettes are quite close to his. Some tiles are mere edits. The way they are sprited are extremely similar. Honestly, come up with something completely your own. Now, I do not want you to stop, I am just saying sprite something that is completely yours. Don't xerox other peoples work with your own editing. Be original!

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Update, I've changed it around alot more now.

New colors, Its brighter more of a nicer green now.
    I've added alot more rocks, and started parts of the cliffs what I'm really liking atm.
    I've added a new Rock or two and made the flowers my own.

Oh and with the items, Its bascilly for my game. You'll see as time goes on, I'll be posting info about my game soon I Just want to get abit done first.

Back