• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kayleigh's Art

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Wow... It's been a while since I actually posted some of my art here. XD I guess that since I haven't been as active as I used to be these past few months, I figured I'd start off posting again by creating a thread like this. Hopefully those of you who remember what my old drawings were like will be able to see an improvement in them now!

Anyway, I have several more that I'll post as soon as I have access to a scanner. You'll probably notice that several of the ones that I have here right now aren't colored, but that's going to change as soon as I can get some new (decent-quality) markers. I'll re-post them then once they're completely finished.

Also, I'm going to try to keep everything organized because I'm sure that I'll be posting many more drawings in the future. ^_^ Hope these will work for now!

The links for my newest drawings will be in red.

----------

My Original Characters:

- The lineart for a drawing of my character (For a Pokémon comic/manga that I'm working on)
    - The colored version
    - Another drawing of her
    - A cute chibi-style (sort of) drawing of her
    - One of my favorites--my character, with two others that my friends made up. Their poses and everything are completely based off of one of my favorite Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch pictures, so I don't take credit for that. And yes, I did notice that I messed up on spelling "Paradise"... Whoops!

Random:

- The title of the picture is "Pure"--the girl in it looks a lot like my character, but I didn't really intend for her to when I started it. Oh well, I guess you can call her whatever you want?
    - Another random girl character. I'm very happy with how her design turned out!
    - Sketches of Jenna, from the movie Balto... I was bored, eh heh.
    - A tiger "Tokyo Mew Mew" character that I made up
    - The character, Lyla, from the Harvest Moon video game series
    - Caren/Karen, the purple pearl princess from "Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch"

Full Moon wo Sagashite:

- I love how this turned out! It's actually a birthday gift for my good friend Chrystie (Sayuri no Hoshi is her username) with pictures of the three main Full Moon characters--Takuto's in his cute cat form, hee! She and I have a joke about her being exactly like Meroko, while I'm just like Mitsuki, so that's why I drew them.
    - The line art for the drawing above
    - A drawing of Mitsuki as "Full Moon"

Pokémon:

- A girl character--who looks a lot like Bianca from Pokémon Heroes, but she isn't supposed to be--drawing beside her Pikachu. It's an old drawing that started out to be of my character, but I finally decided that it wouldn't really work, lol.

That's all for now, but like I said, more are coming very soon. Please keep checking back!

Last edited:

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    Your art ish amazing! =D I saw your DA account, and it's so nice. =3

My fav. is definetly the Full Moon gift. =3 ((Not just because I'm a huge FMoS fan)) All your linearts are extremely beautifully done by hand, and your style is incredibly beautiful. <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Thank you so much! ^_^ I'm so glad to meet another person who is also a huge fan of Full Moon--I just love the artwork in the manga, and lately I've really been inspired by it because I've been reading it a lot. My pictures of the characters aren't nearly as pretty as Arina Tanemura's, but I'm hoping to keep improving.

Anyway, I think that one is also my favorite at the moment. XD I'm really pleased with how the colored version turned out, so I can't wait to post it here... and more Full Moon pictures are definitely on the way! <3

(Also, I love your avatar. *_* I've seen several others that were made using that picture, but yours is the prettiest!)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hey Kayleigh! :D Long time no see ^^

I love your sketches of Jenna. I saw Balto for the first time not too long ago and really enjoyed it! She looks just like she does in the movie!

Also, love the lineart on your Pokémon picture - and the Pikachu is adorable! It's in your own style which I really like. I would really like to see this one coloured - I think it'd look great! ^^

--FG

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Thank you both for the compliments! ^_^ And hey FG, I haven't talked to you in forever! I remember adoring all of your artwork, so I need to go check out your thread again.

Anyway, I love the movie Balto; I always liked how they drew the dogs, and the story was interesting. I had just watched it before I drew the sketch, so I think that's the only reason why I was able to draw her accurately, lol.

Wow, I'm surprised that people actually like the Pokémon drawing! It's a really old one that I just decided to include at the last minute so that I would have at least one drawing with a Pokémon in it. XD Maybe I should try coloring it soon... The only problem that I have is with her hand; I started the drawing right off with a pen so I wasn't able to correct mistakes like I would have if I had used a pencil. I was planning to draw her holding a pen or something, but as you can see it didn't turn out that way, eh heh.

But anyhow, thanks again to both of you!

mistywishmaker

Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Thank you so much! ^_^ I'm so glad to meet another person who is also a huge fan of Full Moon--I just love the artwork in the manga, and lately I've really been inspired by it because I've been reading it a lot. My pictures of the characters aren't nearly as pretty as Arina Tanemura's, but I'm hoping to keep improving.

Anyway, I think that one is also my favorite at the moment. XD I'm really pleased with how the colored version turned out, so I can't wait to post it here... and more Full Moon pictures are definitely on the way! <3

(Also, I love your avatar. *_* I've seen several others that were made using that picture, but yours is the prettiest!)

Haha, your art is almost as good as Tanemura-sensei's. I'm a hug fan of her, too! =O I've been rereading the series for the past two months xD ((I read the scanlations first, then I started reading the ones that came out in the bookstores x3))

You color extremely well. <3 And you make graphics really wonderfully, too =O

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Mm...they're lovely~! I adore your simple black lines...so neat and far beyond my own capacities. 'slike so tidy! ;_;

My favorite pick is the Pokemon Paradise; characters are amazingly cute and look very professional. :D

Awesome, awesome job, Kay-chan~ ^__^ ♥♥♥

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    KAYLEIGH. WAYLEIGH. You sneak attacked your art thread on your partner in crime! I, of course, told you your artwork is amazing and you're incredibly gifted when you gave me my present...BUT JEEZ! Looking at the whole list...you threw me through a loop! I <3333333 your Pokémon character with the two other friends. *_* You'd BETTER put me in your Pokémon comic...otherwise I'll cry... ;_; You know how I get when I'm upset...ask Jordan for a reference, lol. XD Didn't I send you a form thing for my character like two years ago? ^_^

P.S. - I wanna see the colored version of my gift, too! XD ...Pwease.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Kayleigh each of your drawings are great
    my fav has to be your pokermon one
    pikachu is so nicely drawing
    I'll be sure to look at more of your work at DA

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    More pictures!

mistywishmaker said:
    Haha, your art is almost as good as Tanemura-sensei's. I'm a hug fan of her, too! =O I've been rereading the series for the past two months xD ((I read the scanlations first, then I started reading the ones that came out in the bookstores x3))

You color extremely well. <3 And you make graphics really wonderfully, too =O
    Aww, thanks. XD She is such an amazing artist, so I just can't put the manga books down... I had first discovered the anime and had been watching the subbed episodes, then I came across the manga in a bookstore once and decided to buy the first volume. I fell in love with it then! <3 I still like the anime just as much, however, especially because most of my favorite songs are from it. I'd recommend either version of the series to anyone.

And so do you! I really wish I could color my pictures on the computer like you do. *_* They all look so pretty that way.

Lily said:
    Mm...they're lovely~! I adore your simple black lines...so neat and far beyond my own capacities. 'slike so tidy! ;_;

My favorite pick is the Pokemon Paradise; characters are amazingly cute and look very professional. :D

Awesome, awesome job, Kay-chan~ ^__^ ♥♥♥
    Thank you so much, Lily! ^_^ I'm hoping to finally finish coloring all of my pictures one day, but since it will most likely be a while until I can, I'm just posting the line art for now.

And wow, you think so? I tried my best to make everything perfect, but of course, I ended up messing up on several things. XD I think what bothers me the most is the fact that my character's skirt ended up looking way too short--but, since I had been drawing with a pen it wasn't so easy to correct. Blah, oh well.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    KAYLEIGH. WAYLEIGH. You sneak attacked your art thread on your partner in crime! I, of course, told you your artwork is amazing and you're incredibly gifted when you gave me my present...BUT JEEZ! Looking at the whole list...you threw me through a loop! I <3333333 your Pokémon character with the two other friends. *_* You'd BETTER put me in your Pokémon comic...otherwise I'll cry... ;_; You know how I get when I'm upset...ask Jordan for a reference, lol. XD Didn't I send you a form thing for my character like two years ago? ^_^

P.S. - I wanna see the colored version of my gift, too! XD ...Pwease.
    I just made it yesterday, so... please don't hurt me. XD

But anyway, thanks so much! I actually do have a couple of drawings of your character that I did--so I can also add her to it! Maybe I can scan them soon to show you. I just started on the comic so there's plenty of time to introduce her. I actually saved that PM that you sent me with the info a looong time ago, so it'd work out fine. And hey, I would if he would get his rear end online, lol. O_o I haven't talked to him in forever!

P.S. - You don't have to wait any longer, because I have it ready right now! ^__^ I was finally able to make it to a scanner, and I'm so happy. I stuck in a couple of other random sketches that I drew not long ago, but yours is my favorite.

By the way, I am aware that the colors of the outfits for the characters in the Full Moon picture are wrong, but my selection of markers was really limited, and I didn't have the right ones to use... I just had to come up with those on my own. Sorry!

Here you go! - Sorry it's a bit late...

A drawing of Lyla, my favorite character from the Harvest Moon video game series - Her outfit is the one she wears in the Magical Melody game. I've been playing it obsessively lately; it's sooo much fun!

Caren/Karen, the purple pearl princess from Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch - This should look much better once it's colored.

I also decided to add attachments, just... because? XD

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that you had commented, Angle-san! Thank you so much. ^_^ I actually have more drawings posted here than at my DA, but I'm hoping to add some more there soon, as well. I'm glad you liked the Pikachu drawing!

Last edited:

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    YAY! Hey, don't even apologize about the marker selection...it still looks very pretty and professional! =^.^= It's so cute, lol. I'm gonna print it out! Thanks, Kay! XD I can't wait to see more from ya...especially of my character!

P.S. - Looks like somebody keeps pulling a Jordan and doesn't respond to my PMs anymore...O_O

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    igtica said:
    Your linarart is stunning! What do you use? Why aren't you on DA with a massive following?
    Iggy, I remember you! XD *tacklehugs* You drew a Gary avatar for me a long time ago, lol... I actually still have that saved somewhere.

Anyway, thank you so much, but I don't think mine aren't that good yet. XD I wish! The pens that I use, especially for my better drawings like the Full Moon picture, are the "Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens". I can buy each different kind separately, and they're not very expensive--Plus, they're kind of the only selection I have around here... o_o; Other than that, I usually just use random pens that I find lying around, lol.

Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    YAY! Hey, don't even apologize about the marker selection...it still looks very pretty and professional! =^.^= It's so cute, lol. I'm gonna print it out! Thanks, Kay! XD I can't wait to see more from ya...especially of my character!

P.S. - Looks like somebody keeps pulling a Jordan and doesn't respond to my PMs anymore...O_O
    Yay, I'm so glad you like it! I'll make sure to draw some new pictures of your character to add soon, okay?

And who, me? XD I did reply to that last PM that you sent me about our avatar and signatures, unless it didn't go through... But If you're talking about Jordan then I'm going to feel stupid, lol.

mistywishmaker

Years
    Aww, thanks. XD She is such an amazing artist, so I just can't put the manga books down... I had first discovered the anime and had been watching the subbed episodes, then I came across the manga in a bookstore once and decided to buy the first volume. I fell in love with it then! <3 I still like the anime just as much, however, especially because most of my favorite songs are from it. I'd recommend either version of the series to anyone.

And so do you! I really wish I could color my pictures on the computer like you do. *_* They all look so pretty that way.

I came across the anime first, too =O xD Then I read the manga. In my opinion, the characters seemed to have more personality in the anime. But Tanemura-sensei has gorgeous art and is very good at storytelling! x]

....you use such a cool medium for drawing! =O I should start learning how to use those pens... too expensive for me, though xD

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I have a request for you to do. Can you do a pic of the girl in your sig dressed in a coconut bra, grass hula skirt, flower necklace, and have a tropical flower in her hair?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    mistywishmaker said:
    I came across the anime first, too =O xD Then I read the manga. In my opinion, the characters seemed to have more personality in the anime. But Tanemura-sensei has gorgeous art and is very good at storytelling! x]

....you use such a cool medium for drawing! =O I should start learning how to use those pens... too expensive for me, though xD
    I think I'd have to agree about that, although I love how the manga goes deeper with most of the other characters' pasts, such as Meroko and Izumi. The only problem is that their stories, from what I've learned so far, are very depressing. T-T But yeees, her storytelling is still just perfect!

Lol, thanks. XD You can actually buy each pen separately for only $1.75 or so, which is what I usually do. My favorite points to use for my kinds of drawings are the fine, and occasionally superfine for smaller details. Medium is also good to get for outlining and stuff. I'd definitely recommend trying them out! The only place I've seen them so far is Hobby Lobby, though, but that may just be around here...

Sunflorazumarill said:
    I have a request for you to do. Can you do a pic of the girl in your sig dressed in a coconut bra, grass hula skirt, flower necklace, and have a tropical flower in her hair?
    Sure, that sounds like it'd be fun to draw! I was born in Hawaii, so I love tropical places and things like that. ^_^ I'll start on it as soon as I can, although I may wait to color it until one of my friends sends me some markers from England that she bought for me. They work really well, similiar to Copic markers, so I think it'd be worth it to wait.

Also, if it's okay with you, I'm thinking of drawing just the top part of her body--maybe waist or hips up, like in my signature banner, because that way I could make it more detailed. If you'd rather me draw a full-body picture then I could still do that, though! I might actually try both... *shrugs*

Sunflorazumarill

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Okay. If you draw just the top part of her body, make sure to include part of the skirt on her hips.

mistywishmaker

Years
    I think I'd have to agree about that, although I love how the manga goes deeper with most of the other characters' pasts, such as Meroko and Izumi. The only problem is that their stories, from what I've learned so far, are very depressing. T-T But yeees, her storytelling is still just perfect!

Lol, thanks. XD You can actually buy each pen separately for only $1.75 or so, which is what I usually do. My favorite points to use for my kinds of drawings are the fine, and occasionally superfine for smaller details. Medium is also good to get for outlining and stuff. I'd definitely recommend trying them out! The only place I've seen them so far is Hobby Lobby, though, but that may just be around here...

Yaay, we agree xD

Ah, no wonder your linearts are so wonderful! =D I'm your very lowly fan xD It takes skill to use those pens. 2 dollars a pen is rather expensive for me, since I go through like a pen a week. =__=

Sunflorazumarill

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    About the pic I asked for, can you post it here in unclored form and then post it again once it's colored?

Back