• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kelp's Gallery

Kelp

<3
Years
  • [Gallery] Kelp's Gallery {15}

I dabble in all sorts of graphic stuff. I do some Tags and Animations, every so often, and I also do some photography (though it's only amateur stuff).
    So I'll update with new stuff every now and again. Feel free to comment, criticize, whatever you want. ='3

TAGS
    2z7mzio.png

1zznqlk.jpg

21d1j5w.png

f23db5.png

qp47wg.png

ml02hf.png

11avgyf.png

2w2g8ex.png

ipqsy0.png

8wjcoy.png

a07vvl.jpg

nec9j7.png

25psf94.png

2zxvwiw.png

wgx1es.png

2eee80w.png

PHOTOGRAPHY/PHOTOMANIP
    Spoiler:

ICONS
    xo1t2s.jpg
    bfezqw.png
    34qrc79.png

Last edited:

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • One of the better graphic designers I've seen so far on this forum by that one piece.

Very good idea with the wireframe, and I like the sharp C4D. The white dots are a nice touch, and gives it that umph (I think it's a bit too much though). Compo is great too. However, the light source is a bit bleh for me, and I think a normal soft brush would look better IMO to complement the white wall background. I think background could be a bit more interesting. And colors; this would look amazing if it had vibrant colors to complement the white dots (make that red hair more noticeable), and stay away from dull colors. xD But still, it's pretty legit.

MOAR PLZ

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I must say, that I am impressed by the piece, it's a pretty awesome tag and it's evident you're not a beginner. However, you're new to the Graphics and Photography section here on PC, so I'm going to advise you to go and read the G&P rules. A gallery must have 4 examples you see, you don't ever go to a gallery with only one piece do you? Well, I haven't anyway. So if you are looking for critique on just one piece, I advise you to head on over to the Graphics Rating Thread. So on that note, I'll be closing this one, however, I'd love to see a gallery with more of your work; I'm quite fond of it already!

= L o c k e d =

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    This thread has been reopened as Kelp now has 4 examples to post, a mixture of photography and graphics. So look forward to them posting those and please continue posting in this thread from now on. Kelp will soon be making this thread fit within the requirements on G&P. Have fun posting.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Ok, all updated. Thanks Abnegation. ^_^

And thanks Trish for the comment. I don't know, for stocks, it seems like my background choices are a bit limited. And for this stock, the primary brown and white colors seemed natural. ^_^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen today
    Tag #1- I love this, it's awesome. Everything in it just goes together so well~
    Tag #2- It's okay, I think it would be better without the text, or at least with a different font.
    Tag #3- I like this one also, but the only thing that bothers me is the right corner of the tag. Seems a bit out of place.

Keep up the good work! (Love the flower photograph)

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I do like your work Kelp, you're no beginner. The only thing I can say for advice is: don't use your sparkles and such too much, try to expand your tags with different things. Make each and everyone as different as you can but in your style. The flower photo is really beautiful, if I knew anything about photography and graphics I'd give you more tips, but I don't so I'm just going to round it off now. Carry on with the good work!

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • 1zznqlk.jpg

Generally, I like it. The C4D use is pretty dope here. However, I think the render's too blended with the background. When you look at it a bit farther from the screen, it's one whole black and white mess. The sparkles add a nice touch too, as well as the subtle lighting on top. Text needs work though. It's more focal than the render itself, assuming that the afro guy is the wanted focal of the tag.

And I've gotta say, I'm a big fan of outer lighting on text (though it rarely ever works), but it doesn't work here. It only helps to drag the attention away from the render (again, assuming the afro guy is the wanted focal).

21d1j5w.png

Doooooope. Amazing atmosphere and feel. Colors need a bit of a tweak though, but that isn't much of a problem. Again, love the subtle lighting at the top left. If I were you though, I'd crop that whole randomness in the left. But it's not much of a problem. Too much sparkles though, which seems to be the only major problem here. Maybe erase some around the sun and at the bottom-left.

Looking forward to seeing more. You're definitely one of the better tag artists on this forum. ;)

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Thank you Trish. :) I've definitely got to work on some better lighting and text. And next time, I'll definitely stop using the sparkles lol. =)

Years
  • Just commenting on your photography, since that is my area.

Personally, I don't like the picture. There is no depth of field, there is no focus, there hasn't been any consideration about the light or the feeling of the picture. It honestly looks like you have just quickly taken the picture.

When thinking of taking pictures, look at what is around the object of choice, thank of different angles and what would add impact to the picture. Try and focus that object into the scene.

If you hav any questions, feel free to ask.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Ok, thanks. ^__^

I don't know the in-depth aspects of photography, so I know it's not going to be great. Just something I did in my spare time.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I plan to get a better camera soon, so maybe I'll get more into the mechanics of photography. =)

On another note, my brother installed the topaz function for gimp, so I've been messing around with it it. 4th tag from the top is topazified.

Back