• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kelp's Gallery

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • As CT said, seriously your topaz is killing most of your work. But the trial is nearly up yeah? xP
    11avgyf.png

Anyways, this tag is sex, or it almost is. If the topaz was gone and you brought the smudging out more, this would be such a good tag. Flow and colours are amazing, and the effects look clean and fresh.
    Keep it up, you got skills!

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Yeah I've seen topaz executed perfectly and it looks amazing. <3

So I'll continue to work w/the setting either until I get to a efficient level, or until my trial expires. x)

But thanks. I appreciate the comment! =)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • In the latest tag, the green soft light looks odd because on that side of the focal is shadows, so it is not accurate as a light source. If you want to keep the green, try mixing up the layer settings to something else that adds colour but does not brighten it up.
    The topaz is looking nicer though on the effects which look really smooth and clean, but the guy's hair looks like plastic. xP

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Everything is under a crapload of g-maps, so it's hard to edit. I managed to fix the hair though. xD

But I know what you're talking about with the green light source. I'll definitely avoid that next time around.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • nec9j7.png

First thing that stands out to me is the text being way too plain, stand outish and too far away from the focal. It is drawing attention, and to be honest, the use of fonts isn't amazing, and not feeling those dots under it either. I think that those asian letterings could be made bigger, and that alone could be the "text", just need to move it closer to the focal.

Second thing, the C4Ds look low quality because of the topaz, well at least those ones closest to, and on top of the focal. The composition of this piece is quite good, but it seems the topaz again has killed it.

I seriously think it would be an amazing tag without the topaz. :P

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Thanks. I think the problem I have is, that I always feel something is missing, that my tags are too plain. Most of the tags I make do not exceed 15 layers, when I've seen psds, exceed 30, 40, maybe even 60. Thus I add a bunch of gradient and topaz adjustment layers to fill the void. :3 It's like a bad habit.

I'll be sure to post a non-topaz version of this tag after I edit a couple things. Thanks again. =)

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I love that paint with the japanese lettering thing.

Instead of a white bg, make it transparent.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Thanks. =)

But sadly, I was ignorant and started the black part on a white canvas, instead of on a separate layer. The other parts are all on transparent layers, but not the black. Tbh, I did this a while ago, and recently dug it up, so I can't remember what my thought process was. x)

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Thank you. =] Yeah I can do requests. Hopefully it can be up to standards though. :x

So pm me if you want to request something.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • wgx1es.png

You have a real knack for pen tooling. This is one of my favorite pieces you have up. The C4Ds give it a real nice effect, and the pen tooling just adds to it. I really like how you incorporated it around the arm; makes the render look more blended into the tag. Nice job with this one though.

2eee80w.png

Hmm, there's just something that doesn't sit well with me here. I know the effects are there to make the tag pop, but for some reason it seems a little flat. In my opinion, I think it might have looked better in color, even if it was just a piece of it, to make the focal stand out more. Right now, when I'm too look at it my immediate attention is directed towards the "white flames" rather than the masked man.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    The graphics really show youre talented. Keep on designing. Really look awesome.

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • Thanks Fluid. =)

@Hiiro: Thanks for cnc. =) On the second tag, I knew depth was one of the things taken away by the flames. But with most of my tags, it seemed too plain without something there.
    And on the first tag, I think that was just a wireframe. I can pentool, but not to such an extent.

Back