• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kill frilly post formatting with a simple option!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
  • It may have its uses, but I don't see much of a point of people attempting to tailor their posts to work around it unless your post is of particular importance.

It's all or nothing.
    What do you mean it's all or nothing. I quite agree, n ot being able to bold or makes certain words italic could make or break some things. And could even make the difference between people thinking your an arse or just a comedian.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • What do you mean it's all or nothing. I quite agree, n ot being able to bold or makes certain words italic could make or break some things. And could even make the difference between people thinking your an arse or just a comedian.

That's a little too complicated and specific. This feature is for people who don't want all extra formatting features. Some people want to hide bold, the italics, underline, the size, specific font color, all of it, half of it - where does it end? It's much simpler and easier to go with 'all or nothing.'

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Lily, you are missing the points. Ignorance of bold/underline/italics can make the difference between a joke or an insult on some occasions.

Lily said:
    Some people want to hide bold, the italics, underline, the size, specific font color, all of it, half of it - where does it end? It's much simpler and easier to go with 'all or nothing.'

I think you're the one who missed the point of my post. o.o

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Are you really that worried whether or not people will take your post as a joke or an insult? If they do feel insulted, then clarify afterward that you didn't mean it in that sense. o_o?

The way I see it, either you get rid of all the formatting (great for people who didn't want to see them in the first place) and risk whatever misunderstanding that may come out of italics and bold in your post, or just accept everything.

If people disable everything, I should hope they're conscious of the fact what they see isn't the same as others, but that's fine because that's what they wanted in the first place. In that sense, yes, I think it's effective for its purpose.

I don't deny that it'd be interesting if you could personalize it more (choose to omit and keep whatever you want), though. I know many people would only want to get rid of the font color and size.

/2cents

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I just believe that even if you know that you can't see the formatting all it takes is one bad day to make you forget that fact and get offended. Also people have expressed that they do not like "All or nothing" :/

Zet

Years
  • I just believe that even if you know that you can't see the formatting all it takes is one bad day to make you forget that fact and get offended. Also people have expressed that they do not like "All or nothing" :/

If it's a bad day they should do something to make themselves happy, and not be on a pokemon forum for a few hours.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Man you people are so behind the curve.

Real guys use custom CSS rules to strip every single instance of formatting along with the website header and background images from the entire site, while simultaneously adjusting the colour scheme to their personal preference.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I definitely like this feature, but I don't think it is at all necessary to block bold and italics... I mean, I haven't even seen someone posting in all bold or something like that..

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I definitely like this feature, but I don't think it is at all necessary to block bold and italics... I mean, I haven't even seen someone posting in all bold or something like that..

I've... definitely seen a few people that post like that. ;o

Regardless I'm unsure what I wanna do with this feature. I mean, the ratio of well-done, nice looking posts to people who post in obnoxious colors and formats strongly leans towards the well-done posts imo. And if there's someone who always posts obnoxiously I suppose I could just block them/ignore their posts or whatever... But removing their formatting would just make it so much easier and I could actually read everyone's posts and stuff. :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    [12:08am] twocows: holy crap jake this is glorious

[12:11am] Bloo|sadface: Shigaraki ban Comic Sans
    [12:11am] Bloo|sadface: Dooooo ittt
    OMG OMG ILU JAKEY
    *cough*
    I remember when I said that. This should help with a lot of things, but I don't think I'll be using it for a while until you can turn off individual formatting/fonts.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • My prayers have been answered.
    The format-killer ruins the flavour in some threads,and i'm mostly talking about forum-rule threads that have headers, bold colours and all of that.
    It's not hard to read something without the formatting, unless it's been done really wrong.

It's great that this has finally been implemented but... well, does it have to disable bold and italic text? I use italics all the time for emphasis and I don't think it's that annoying (<– stuff like that). It's mainly the color & font tags that irritate me.
    Using it once is not bad. It's when someone manages to get it done five times in a short paragraph is when it gets stupid. Not pointinghttps://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6581499&postcount=2 any fingers.

What do you mean it's all or nothing. I quite agree, n ot being able to bold or makes certain words italic could make or break some things. And could even make the difference between people thinking your an arse or just a comedian.
    If it takes italics for someone to tell the difference, then it's not funny.

Real guys use custom CSS rules to strip every single instance of formatting along with the website header and background images from the entire site, while simultaneously adjusting the colour scheme to their personal preference.
    REAL guys make the code work in browsers other than Opera. >:|

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Glad you guys finally implemented this feature, it sure is going to become helpful. Thanks.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It may have its uses, but I don't see much of a point of people attempting to tailor their posts to work around it unless your post is of particular importance.

It's all or nothing.

So, would this effect posts made by staff members, who often use bold, italics, headers, etc?

Or, are they untouched unless it's auto-formatted?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm guessing i'm one of the criminals in this crime. :O

Anyway, does this work for signatures at all? I know theres an option so that they don't appear, but I still like looking at infomation n' all that jazz.

Back