• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KingCold999/Pokedude's Superior Worldmap Tileset

How good is this?

• ITS AWESOME!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its pretty good

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Its ok...

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Meh...

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Its horrible. I hate it.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    I wanted to show off my map tileset I made and edited. Credit is not needed for using these (but it would be nice ;D )

They're double sized to work with Poccil's Starter Kit. I made a test map using them.

If this doesn't belong here... please state so... otherwise good luck ^.^

Years
  • I don't think this belongs here. I think this belongs in the rom hacking resources if you're going to distribute it to other people and let them use it in their hacks. Otherwise if you're showing your skills,they're good. But the Towns and City icons are just mostly recolours of the original. But I like how they're RSE Style.

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
    Years
  • No offence but, ewwwwwwwww, your icons arn't the best I've seen and your map skills arnt good either, if you were going to show this map off, you should of put more detail on the topographic design.

Years
  • The map could do with 10 different pieces of shading as opposed to 5 due to the enlarged nature of it. The city icons could do with more detail also due to this. But the map is a wonderful start and I hope to see more and improvements to these. ^^

Also, the south eastern island could do with a less blocky shape to add more realism to it. =D

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    I don't think this belongs here. I think this belongs in the rom hacking resources if you're going to distribute it to other people and let them use it in their hacks. Otherwise if you're showing your skills,they're good. But the Towns and City icons are just mostly recolours of the original. But I like how they're RSE Style.

Actually, the only ones that ARN'T made by me on this are the 1x1, 1x2 and 2x1. The others were created by ME, IE the corner peices, the 3-long pieces and the 2x2 piece.
    And they don't belong in hacks because these are not for rom hacks at all. I don't even know why I added the other colors... like green and yellow... just was a last minute thought heheh

No offence but, ewwwwwwwww, your icons arn't the best I've seen and your map skills arnt good either, if you were going to show this map off, you should of put more detail on the topographic design.

I know I'm not the best. I'm still learning. Could you put more detail into your critisizms, like WHY you don't like my tiles (if you want them normal sized for a normal map like in roms, all you have to do is shrink them by 1/2 exactly) so I could possibly make them better for the future.

The map could do with 10 different pieces of shading as opposed to 5 due to the enlarged nature of it. The city icons could do with more detail also due to this. But the map is a wonderful start and I hope to see more and improvements to these. ^^

Also, the south eastern island could do with a less blocky shape to add more realism to it. =D

Thanks, I will take this in consideration for next time ^.^
    The south island is suppose to look blocky though, in the game I was working on it was going to be like a "Man-made" island, but I know what you mean by it looks blocky :P

I was using the original shades that came in R/S/E/FR/LG for the map, but if it could use more shades should I just get the color that is directly between these shades, or just get 10 new colors altogether?

Thanks for the criticisms, I will be improving on these over time ^.^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    By the way, your sea tiles aren't double-size. If someone changes the screen size to 240x160, the sea tiles will appear as a plain block of colour. Although it's just an example, the contours of your island have the same problem.
    I'd just shrink all the tiles down to normal size, and make your map that way. When you add it to your game, resize it by 200%. That way, it will look good at a smaller screen size, as well as fit in with the rest of the graphics.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    By the way, your sea tiles aren't double-size. If someone changes the screen size to 240x160, the sea tiles will appear as a plain block of colour. Although it's just an example, the contours of your island have the same problem.
    I'd just shrink all the tiles down to normal size, and make your map that way. When you add it to your game, resize it by 200%. That way, it will look good at a smaller screen size, as well as fit in with the rest of the graphics.

I noticed that... gonna fix it as soon as I can lol

My new tileset is better then this... gonna post it when I make a map. Its more diamond/pearl Esq then 3rd gen though... and I totally remade the town tiles

Back