• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kiryu's Sprites.......and stuff like that

Years
  • It's quite small and like your Plasmion sprite, it's lacking some black outline. The eyes aren't the best but it's decent. It's not very necessary to use that many hues of red for the whole pupil and sclera. For the tail, you could loosen up some shading. Overall it's a great sprite but the big problem I have with it is its size. Don't forget the new dimensions are 96x96!

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • "For the tail, you could loosen up some shading"

meaning...?

and i was trying to stay away from black lines because that was my problem as a new spriter... then the lines were always too dark so i lightened them alittle now theyre supposed to be black AAAAAAAA *twitch*

yeah the eye is kinda weird... /changes

new dimensions...?

m k weird... these are for spiriomon so theyre usually 80x80 to 100x100...

EDIT: fixed eye/s

Years
  • When I mean loosen up on some shading, I mean to remove some. What you could do is draw up a light source to help you visualize where the highlights are and where you should shade.

Sometimes you'll have to blend in with the black outline to make it look better. Here's what i'm trying to say about blending:
    Spoiler:

There is a darker blue colour that is relatively close to black and it helps transition the black outline into the sky blue shade outline. (not the greatest example)
    Edit: Here's another example, Slowpoke was the perfect example.
    Spoiler:

Look at the tail and its back, the outline gets lighter and lighter while it curves higher from the black outline.

I don't see how new dimension are weird. o_o.

Last edited:

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
  • sooo take away the shading for the tail? =/

EDIT: randombut bee-thing that evos into the thing to the right of it and some other alt that hasnt been designed yet...

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen May 2, 2015
    Dinomyte was executed very well; great design and concept with it. The only issue I am having with some of the sprites are the eyes. Many of them seem to be solid shaded almonds. I think if you study some other pokemon sprites you could improve their eyes.

Back