• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kon's Sprites ~♪

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • Kon's Sprites ~♪
    Hi! Welcome to my thread, where I will be posting all the sprite work I do. Have a look-see and don't hesitate to give me any constructive criticism. ~♪​

Fakemon ~♪

Fersine
    Fersine comes in two forms - the colder climate forme and warmer climate forme. It is a Normal-type Pokemon as far as anyone can tell, but has yet to be captured and studied.​

Colder climate (and shiny):
    FersineVS-1.png
    FersineVSShiny.png

The cold climate Fersine is a darker colour as it requires heat to survive, and dark colours absorb heat better. It's dull brown serves as camoflague for the dense scrub it lives in. It is known for teasing travellers by leading them into the undergrowth and then dissappearing, leaving them lost and alone.​

Warmer climate (and shiny):
    FersineVS2-2.png
    FersineVS2Shiny-1.png

Warm climate Fersine is bright white in order to reflect excess heat and keep its body temperature constant. It uses its striped body to break up its outline in the long grass it resides in. It is said to play with its predators by using Double Team to confuse them with its already broken image.​

Chetini
    Chetini is a Normal-type Pokemon. It evolves at level 30 into Trachop.​

Chetini.png
    ChetiniShiny.png

Known for its vicious attitude, Chetini is often overlooked as it is so common but is capable of extremely strong attacks. It has very strong hearing and can hear a pin drop through four walls.​

Trachop
    Trachop is a strong Normal/Fighting-type. It evolves from Chetini.​

Trachop.png
    TrachopShiny.png

Trachop uses its strong back legs to send forth a barrage of kicks. It uses its long tail for balance so it can use both legs, like a kangaroo. Its thick chest is full of strong muscles.​

Voltyran
    Voltyran is an Electric-type. It is an alternate evolution of Electrike, only obtainable when traded with a Magnet.​

Voltyran.png
    VoltyranShiny.png

Voltyran is known for accidentally short-circuiting entire towns. It also uses its head and tail as a lightning rod to deflect attacks from other Electric-types.

Pixel-overs ~♪
    BulbasaurPixelover.png

Bulbasaur - I reduced the image and pixel'd the outline, and then scratch-shaded it according to the original image. I think it worked pretty well!​

Other Sprite Art ~♪
    Just a little piece I made recently: a "Real-Life" Pokemon! (I'm hoping to make a lot more of these in the future!)
    ShinyVulpixinmyBedroom.png

Last edited:

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Aww... That real-life Pokemon thing is a great idea. Although, as the sprte sufferes from not a lot of detail in shading, it doesn't really work that well.

The Fake Pokemon are also quite nice although, Chetini looks quite flat. Prehaps rethink the shading on it?

Kon~

Years
  • Chetini's sprite is currently the first draft (the rest are second) so he's in revision as we speak - I'll work a little harder on the shading as I go, though. ;)

As for the Vulpix, yeah... I really couldn't be bothered to do better shading ^^;; I might go back to it, but to be honest, I doubt it. ^^;;

Kon~

Years
  • Thanks! I'm working on one right now (and simultaneously spriting a new Fakemon and restraining my cat while she gets eyedrops, so... ehehehehe) :)

Years
  • They're all impressive, my favourite has got to be the Vulpix. It made me laugh when I saw it, because I've never seen anyone think of that idea. xD
    Well I hope to see more work from you.
    Good luck! :)

- Chimcharz

Kon~

Years
  • Thanks! And yeah, I hadn't seen anything either, and I don't see why not - I knocked that up in under two hours, it's pretty simple. :P

I guess that can be my little claim to fame - I started that!

*waits to be proven wrong*

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • I like the idea of Fersine. Probably the nicest sprite on this thread. But Chetini and Trachop don't look very different. In my opinion, Trachop is just a bigger Chetini standing up. I think it needs to show more improvement, and more physical features that define it as being a part Fighting-type. Voltyran is a very different side of Electrike. It's a nice idea, but I would not have guessed it came from the Electrike line. I can see hints of Charmander's colour palette, am I right? It's very nice, and the Vulpix in the bed is adorable. I look forward to seeing more from you. Keep up the good work.

Kon~

Years
  • Your fake are very good. I think you should make more. Keep it up.

Thank you! ~♪

I like the idea of Fersine. Probably the nicest sprite on this thread. But Chetini and Trachop don't look very different. In my opinion, Trachop is just a bigger Chetini standing up. I think it needs to show more improvement, and more physical features that define it as being a part Fighting-type. Voltyran is a very different side of Electrike. It's a nice idea, but I would not have guessed it came from the Electrike line. I can see hints of Charmander's colour palette, am I right? It's very nice, and the Vulpix in the bed is adorable. I look forward to seeing more from you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yeah, I can see what you can about Chetini and Trachop... heh, they need a lot of revision -.-'' I actually made Trachop first, so Chetini was based off of him, but I guess I based a little too much, yes? I need to work that out more, haha!

As for Voltyran, I'm not sure about him either. I made him as standalone but a friend pointed out that he was similar to Electrike (he was lizard-like and Electric-type) so I thought about sneaking him in the line, so... that's how that came about. Maybe it shouldn't? I don't know. :/

And you're almost right about the Charmander palette, I actually based the shiny palette off Charizard, but with a couple of hue changes as it didn't quite look right. The regular sprite is actually Ampharos' palette. :)

Thanks for all the CC! I'll get to work! ~♪

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • Wow. I'm glad you listened to my crit :) Now, it would make more sense to change the pre-evo more, especially if you made the evo first. You'll work it out :) Voltyran is interesting for that line because it's lizard-like. But nothing wrong with that, I think it works. It's also a nice way of evolution. Very different. And wow, I wasn't too far off. I'll be happy to give CC whenever you need it. Just keep the work coming.

Kon~

Years
  • Thanks! I will!

Top thread update: Added Bulbasaur pixel-over:
    BulbasaurPixelover.png

Working on: Chetini V.2, New Fakemon: Diaray, Real-life Pokemon: Bellossom/Sunflora in my garden

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • The pixel over is great. You've anti-aliased in all the right places. You've used a good amount of shades for it's size, and you've dithered them to smoothly transition the shades with each other. Love it. Looking forward to seeing the new Chetini, the new fakemon, and the real life pokemon. Keep up the great work.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Very Impressive impressive fakemon I like the fersine dual form by climate thing
    the Bulbasaur looks great too
    and of course the Vulpix is just great I hope you do more of those and am curios to see if you stick to smaller pokemon or branch out to the bigger ones
    anyway keep up the good work.

Back