• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kris Allen Crowned American Idol 2009

Who do you want to win American Idol 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm so excited that Simon gave round one to Kris.

Thread "pinned" for the night and tomorrow. Then it'll slowly die. :[

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Kris was pretty good the first round. He was... absolutely terrible in the second and third rounds. His voice seemed very flat and didn't really change up the song at all. Second was the worst.

Adam, on the other hand, blew me away with the second and third rounds with his high notes and screams. His screams are on key, and he sings the songs very emotionally. His voice is unique, and easily alternates to falsetto and back. The first round was really boring for him. He set the bar really high so the first round was a setback for me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Tonight was rough, I mean both of the competitiors did a really good job. Though, the last and finalt third song is where they both stood up, but I strongly think Adam might be taking this one home with him. He just had that voice, and it propelled so far and beyond. He really stood up and brought everything out to the plate.

We'll just have to wait for the TWO hour season finale tomorrow; I cannot miss that.

EDIT: Holy Smokes, The winner of American Idol of 2009 goes to............KRIS ALLEN!!!

I really did not see this coming because I honestly thought Adam would have taken it home, oh well Kris was good, and he deserves it.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really didn't see this coming. I have to give heads up on Abercrombie though, he did tell me that Kris was going to win.

Well I have to say they both did good. Well we have another winner of American Idol and it's suprisingly, "Kris Allen".

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    That's how I predicted on DialIdol. It was probably close. I didn't watch tonight because neither one is my cup of tea.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    WTF, I mean, I wanted Adam to win, the show was life in Iceland, amazing, didn't know Latifah could sing, Fergie awesome, Kala pwned when she tore her dress off! Queen and Kiss OMGFG, Cindy Lauper *faints*, black eyed hell yeah, Lionel Richie I wonder if Nicole was there, Santana didn't sing O.O! And many more wonderful artists :D

I'm still pissed that Kris won.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    WTF, I mean, I wanted Adam to win, the show was life in Iceland, amazing, didn't know Latifah could sing, Fergie awesome, Kala pwned when she tore her dress off! Queen and Kiss OMGFG, Cindy Lauper *faints*, black eyed hell yeah, Lionel Richie I wonder if Nicole was there, Santana didn't sing O.O! And many more wonderful artists :D

I'm still pissed that Kris won.

It was quite a performance wasn't it? Yes I as well wanted Adam to win at one point. Although I do recall a saying I use to say "let the best person (or in this case singer), win."

Kris was losing at one point, but he did turn it around I can tell you that. He really did put on quite a performance and he deserved this.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I know, I loved it, best final EVER :)

I remember when I watched one live in America, good times. :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They brought out some of the best performers, great songs, and the ending even though it wasn't as expected the show overall was a good season finale. Now, we wait until January for it to start all over again.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    My obsession with Lambert's style of singing was destroyed when the scandal rose...

Too bad...

Still, I adore Adam's singing...

But Kris Allen? I didn't expect he'd won!

He won by votes, did he? Of course he did!

Hurray Kris Allen! :)

P.S. - Congratulate the new American Idol.

See you Simon and the other judges for the next Season! :)

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Yay~ Kris Allen Won!! I dind't watch it. But i'll watch it in Youtube!
    Yay! Yay! I Love Kris Allen.. But Adam is good too >3
    Congratulations ^_^

-Yasumin >3

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    The sexiest man alive won <3

He sounded amazing in his performance, too. He seriously deserved to win.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    That's ... disappointing. I don't find anything special about Kris's voice at all. Anyways, I went around school talking about this, and I barely found any people supporting Kris over Adam. Look at the poll too. @_@;

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    That is true. I personally think some people may have voted him for his looks, but that's just me.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Well, congrats to Kris Allen, I guess. I seriously thought Adam Lambert would win! His vocal range is pretty wide... But I kinda had a hunch Kris Allen would win because:
    1. An underdog in American Idol can easily win unexpectedly. For example, the 4th American Idol season had Carrie Underwood vs. Bo Bice. I thought Bo would win, but Carrie won, my jaw dropped in surprise. Techincally, I wanted her to win because I did not want Bo Bice to win, but I thought Bo's victory was "inevitable". I'm so glad Carrie won since she's so beautiful with a nice voice as well!

2. On David Cook's Wikipedia page (before the results were announced), at the bottom where it says his position of being "American Idol", who held it before him, and who held it after him, instead of the term "incumbent" after his name, Kris Allen's name was listed. All other related articles didn't list a 2009 winner at all. I'm thinking it was a placeholder, but they could've used "incumbent" as the placeholder as well, like they do on a lot of other articles denoting someone's current position.
    I bet it was leaked! :P :cer_shifty:

Anyway, ALLISON IRAHETA should've won, not Kris Allen! Now she had personality, EPIC red hair that matched, and an awesome voice at age 16 to boot! It sucked when she got voted off... :cer_pissed: :( So then I was like "Just give it to Adam already, sheesh, he's gonna win anyway." Fate would have it that the underdog (in this case, Kris Allen) wins again... :t251:

Spoiler:

Years
    I honestly didn't like Kris, I thought Adam would win. Even though he didn't, he will still do well.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I didn't pay much attention to American Idol this season as I have in past seasons. Strange.

Anyway, I was sure that Adam would win, although I thought they both were amazingly talented. I think there are some people who can't stand Adam, and some who love him. Here's my mom's my theory: the people who love Adam Lambert make up more than a third of the voters, not quite a half though. Everyone else hated/strongly disliked Adam and either voted for Kris or Danny. Once Danny was kicked off, everyone who couldn't stand Adam voted for Kris. So... I guess that's how the underdog won. It wasn't that people prefered Kris over Adam (sorry Kris), but they just couldn't stand Adam.

By the way, I wanted Danny to win. I was so sorry to see him go. :(

Back