• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kris Allen Crowned American Idol 2009

Who do you want to win American Idol 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Surprisingly this has not been created yet and we have 6 weeks left to go. So who is your favorite, who do u wan to go home, what was ur favorite performance, and who is sexy?

For me he most talented on the entire season has to be Adam Lambert, ever sin his performance sing Burning Ring of Fire. He is not sexy though. the short guy with the cute lips or Danny Gokey have to be the sexiest guys there and Lil Rounds is the sexiest girl. Alright I have started the convo, lets go!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You'd think that American Idol is more popular than the amount of activity this thread has had. I'm wondering why this thread is so neglected. Kind of extraordinary, you know, seeing how many votes go into American Idol a night, and surely the amount of people who've came to Other Entertainment daily must have at least seen American Idol Season 8 at least one time, or some news about one of the contestants, you know?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Kris all the way. His range and tone of his voice is just preferred over my taste in music. And although he usually sings ballads of some form or another, which I don't particularly like, I still have a preference to him. In the end, I think it's going to be between him, Adam (maybe Gokey; he was good at first, but in my opinion, he's starting to slowly get worse), and Allyson. But I think that goes without say now.

For the other contestants who've been on the Top 10, the only one who I feel didn't really have the talent to be there was Scott. I think he exploited his blindness a little too far due to the fact that he was able to walk around without people helping him one moment, and then the next, when the song was over, he went into his blind phase and all that. It just seemed rather strange in my opinion. He really didn't have to do that, but maybe it's just me overthinking it and all.

*renames thread from strange spaced name to normal in hopes of getting more discussion*

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    *No u di'int change the title*

Anyway, Gokey has sort of faded and has gotten boring. He has no dancing skills either. Adam Lambert is still the best. Im sad that Lil Rounds was voted off but its her fault.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I'm in the UK, but they show American Idol over here on Thursdays/Fridays.

Anyways, Adam's live performances each week are electrifying. ^_^ He always makes the hairs at the back of my neck stand up when he sings. o_o; I did prefer Danny to him at the start, but Gokey's kinda gotten a little repetitive for me; I agreed with Simon when he said that he lacked star quality. Kris has improved a lot since the live shows, and his studio version of 'Falling Slowly' is one of the most played in my iTunes (second to Lambert's Ring of Fire XD). :3 Matt looks like Justin Timberlake and Michael Buble's love child. Hence, we call him Justael Timberbooble (because of how many people mispronounce Buble's name XD). I like Allison; she's got a great voice, better than those I've heard from other girls of her age (Miley Cyrus, I'm looking at you).

I'd like Adam to win, but I have a feeling that he'll be pipped to the post by either Danny/Kris.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Hahaha, Savannah-chan thinks Adam is sexy X3

I want him to win really badly. My crim law teacher watches AI, and it's a kind of thing between him, me, and my friend to discuss it every Wednesday and Thursday afternoon. He makes fun of Adam because it's an extremely Christian school, and he wears guyliner and is probably gay. (He's extremely conservative.)

So...my friend and I are Adam-fanatics, and we always are the ones sticking up for him XD

The teacher was doing 'Ring of Fire' in a really annoying voice, and generally saying, "He's gay, he's a freak, he can't sing."

But he has so much talent. Really. I love his falsetto, and his rocker-attitude, and his emo-ness....aah. He's amazing. Love his hair. And his eyeliner <3333

I hope it's between Allie (my sis and I call her 16) and Adam. But I hope Adam wins.

Adam...

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
    Years
  • I think the top two are going to be adam and allison for shire because there both amazing singer and anoop and lil rounds left on disco week last week.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I gues its a good thing Adam is gay, for me any way. He is not cute but his vocals are sexy. Have u guys seen his kissing photos?

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Yup, I've seen 'em, but seeing as I have no problem with gays/lesbians/bis, they don't bother me. XD

They've just finished showing the results show over here. My mum and I breathed HUGE sighs of relief when they said who was safe. XDD I'd been having a bad feeling all day about Idol, for some reason. o_O;

Oh! And Adam's verson of Ring of Fire makes a good little brother deterrent. :P Whenever I want my brother to go away, I simply play it on iTunes and hey presto! :D Problem solved. Though maybe it's my singing... =/

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yup, I've seen 'em, but seeing as I have no problem with gays/lesbians/bis, they don't bother me. XD

They've just finished showing the results show over here. My mum and I breathed HUGE sighs of relief when they said who was safe. XDD I'd been having a bad feeling all day about Idol, for some reason. o_O;

Oh! And Adam's verson of Ring of Fire makes a good little brother deterrent. :P Whenever I want my brother to go away, I simply play it on iTunes and hey presto! :D Problem solved. Though maybe it's my singing... =/

ha, I downloaded that too and my mom hates when I sing that erie part! lol

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Oh no, Adam was in the bottom 2 last week! Let's all scream and run around like crazy morons! (I'm serious, by the way...bottom 2? What's WRONG with these people?)

I didn't much like Kris anyway. But Danny is pretty cool. I liked his "Jesus, Take the Wheel" (the same week that Adam blew Earth away with "Ring of Fire"). But it was too low, it kind of messed up the song. It was still good, though.

I just think ROF was really creative.

To turn a Southern country song into a Middle Eastern one? That's so cool. And so him.

Let's see who gets kicked off this week...

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • i like the fat dude...whats his name?...uh...got it...Danny Gokey....ok so hes not huge..but he is a little chunky...anyway i dont really watch that show anymore....occasionally yes but....American Idol should have died years ago....possibly after season 2 or 3..sry but the show really isnt that interesting

I also have a problem. I would like to know how is it that a show as popular as American Idol can keep SO MANY great singers just comming out season afetr season...dont you think that its kind of weird..i mean, if i had the voice to be on that show i already would have...so where do this people keep comming from and why didnt they come earlier?

I think that they all came out within the first few seasons but they were told to hold off for a little while because they wanted to keep the show running as long as possible..

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well they pretty much go to different cities each year and not everyone has the funds to travel to an audition that they may not make.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've added a poll to the thread asking who you want to win out of the remaining four contestants; Adam Lambert, Allison Iraheta, Danny Gokey, or Kris Allen?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • Thanks, Patchisou. (Fellow New Jerseyite, I see XD)

I think people keep coming out because they haven't been able to make it to auditions. If I had any performance skills at all, I'd be out there auditioning. Then again, there are some people who are 14 with amazing voices (take David Archuleta for example, who was singing at 12 and mind-blowingly great) who can't audition until they turn 16. And of course some people develop the guts to do it at different times.

There's a lot of reasons, really.

Yes, the show is getting a tad boring. I watched every episode of last season, but I only watched half the episodes this season because there's really nothing new. I only watch Adam and Allison now.

But maybe if some good talent shows up next season I'll watch it again.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thanks for making my thread your own Nick! Lol

I voted Adam Lambert. I now want to be the guy that dates him for the fame! JK

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • Adam is definitely my favorite. Even though people says he's too theatrical, I think he's great. His voice is beautiful, and his range is fantastic. I'm loving the hair, too. xD

Danny comes in close second, though. I like his voice quite a bit, actually. He's become a little repetitive lately however, and his performance of Dream On by Aerosmith last night was horrible. But I still have faith in him. Go Gokey!

It's hard to believe that Allison is seventeen, because her voice is great. She has much potential at becoming something like Kelly Clarkson.

I'm sure I'll get bashed by this, but in my opinion, Kris is absolutely boring. His performances are forgettable, and his voice just has no variety. It's the same thing every week with him.

To be honest, if either Danny or Adam wins, I'll be happy. They can both go far without winning, so it doesn't matter to me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Spoiler:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Back