• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kris Allen Crowned American Idol 2009

Who do you want to win American Idol 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
Years
  • You'd think that American Idol is more popular than the amount of activity this thread has had. I'm wondering why this thread is so neglected. Kind of extraordinary, you know, seeing how many votes go into American Idol a night, and surely the amount of people who've came to Other Entertainment daily must have at least seen American Idol Season 8 at least one time, or some news about one of the contestants, you know?

Nope, and proud of the fact.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So, after tonights performances by the remaining contestants, who do you think will be making it into the finals with Adam? Kris, or Danny?

Personally, I want Kris to make it as he's my favorite contestant, but you can't always get what you want. From tonights performances, it's a really tough call on who's going to make it, and who's going to be going home. I think Kris's performances were more solid than Danny's regardless of what the judges had to say of how "he didn't make it his own" and all for the judge's pick. His performance, as well as Danny's, on the song he picked, however, was solid. But I think Kris exceeded what people thought he had in him when he did what he did with a Hip Hop song, and turning it into more of an Alternative Indie song. You know?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I saw tonight's episode with the top 3, and I've got to say that it is a hard choice to see who will go tomorrow night. All of the contestants did pretty darn well, but I believe Danny and Alex had a more solid performance than Kris. Kris' second performance with "Heartless," regardless of what teh jugdes said, it just simply wasn't all appealing to me. Well, we'll just see how it turns out in the end.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Adam and Kris are by far more deserving of being in the final two than Danny. Danny's smug and cocky, and he has all the artistry and subtlety of a two-by-four to the face. While Kris' voice isn't as powerful as Danny's, he has a lot more artistry and can make a song his own. Danny just comes out, belts a song with all the emotion of a brick, and then thinks he's done something great. He should have been gone after that horrendous trainwreck that was Dream On last week. Kris did a great job with Apologize tonight and he blew it out of the park with Heartless. He's like Jason Castro, only you know...actually a good singer.

Adam is by far the most deserving of winning this year, but I think Kris should be second. Adam is one of the most talented contestants ever on Idol, he's been incredibly consistent all season, and I can see him going on to be a huge success. Both he and Kris are unique, and both are true artists - Danny is a glorified karaoke singer.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree, Danny's last ending note from last week was a horror. Kris has a more clean cut voice, and is gaining confidence as the show progresses. I can't deny the fact that if Alex ends up turning out the Victor of the entire competition, I won't be surprised.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • All I can say is...YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
    For the second year in a row I get the finale I've wanted all season (all last year I wanted a David/David finale, and I've wanted Adam/Kris all season this year). I honestly don't mind if either of them wins, but I think Adam is the better singer/performer/artist of the two. Kris stands a really good chance though, since he's probably going to pick up a lot of Danny's voters. They're both really talented and likable guys, so for the second year in a row I really don't care who wins.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I wanted Allison to win, but since she's gone I hope Adam wins, he pwns.

The song Paula sang last week was awesome, even tho she was lib syncing then her dancing made up for it, she was like a doll being tossed around the stages, she was awesome.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I admit I wanted Danny and Adam to go head to head, but Kris vs. Adam might seem a little more intense. Both of these guys are going to bring everything they've got, but I think Adam might come out victorious, it's kind of hard to tell, seeing as they both have a good chance for becoming this year's Idol.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • Yo, Adam sucks. I honestly don't know what people find so appealing about him, but I'm gonna assume that 50%-odd percent of his votes come from teenage girls who are into his whole appearance. Despite the fact that I know 5,000 people are gonna flock to this thread after I submit this post, and tell me how horribly wrong I am, I just can't stand the kid. His voice is mediocre at best, and he sounds like he's halfway screaming his way through every song.

Then again, I wasn't too drawn into anybody on American idol this year. It was a terrible season and at this point, I really could care less who takes it =/

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    While he does scream, it's on key and usually fits in somehow with the song so I don't see a problem.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I didn't watch American Idol all this season, but I do really want Kris to win. Adam's voice is really high and annoying, and I just prefer Kris's talents as a musician as well as a great singer. :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    YEah, Adam hits those notes so perfectly, I think it is why a lot of people keep him in. I mean did you not see him rock out for "Rock 'n Roll" night? He was on the ball with his songs.

Now coming the next two days it'll be crazy for those two guys. They're going to have to bring it, and bring it all...

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Kris has the looks and the pleasant voice, but it isn't anything special in my opinion. It's common for a lot of people to sing like that. He doesn't deserve. I don't exactly like Adam's voice, but he's got a pretty big range of notes. It's unique, and it sounds weary and mysterious if you know what I mean.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • Hmm. . . this turned out to be a finale I didn't expect.

I'm still rooting for Adam. I think he has much more potential and a better voice than Kris, personally.
    This will definitely be an interesting finale. . . I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I dislike both Kris and Adam. I predicted them being the top 2, though. I just watched the talented contenders drop out one by one (Jasmine, Alexis, Megan, Lil, Alison) to become in my opinion one of the least exciting finales to date. I have noticed how much talent the girls this year had than any of the guys.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I strongly think Adam will be the winner this season, but I wouldn't expect this to be the last we see of Kris.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Whooh. The finale starts in a few minutes for me. 8D Go Adam <3

Edit: Wait they're deciding tomorrow D8

Last edited:
    Back